[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Speaking To A Classroom Full Of Anti-Gun Liberals

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 23

File: 1459013589592.jpg (520KB, 1954x1804px) Image search: [Google]
1459013589592.jpg
520KB, 1954x1804px
Tomorrow I will be delivering a speech in my college public speaking course, where I will decry the NFA and ATF.

you can help me by dumping images and pictures and pictures that will help me that the legislation surrounding firearms is nonsensical and anti freedom.

ATF death squad images welcome as well.
>>
>>29919415
Make sure to show the photo of the ATF Sniper standing in the ash of the Waco raid with a skull in the backround
>>
File: homicide rate by weapon.png (56KB, 955x770px) Image search: [Google]
homicide rate by weapon.png
56KB, 955x770px
>>29919415
Make this part of your slide show. Point out we lose half as many people to rifle fire as fistfights, and the whole Assault Weaponz controversy is a ginned-up bullshit meme.
>>
File: 1434652719170.jpg (592KB, 1536x1875px) Image search: [Google]
1434652719170.jpg
592KB, 1536x1875px
>>29919415
>>
>>29919415
Include something about how shit Aussie Gun Control is. Also something about California. Were the only people who are being punished are the ones who follow the brain dead laws the stupid law makers think of
>>
>>29919415
>muh images
>muh freedumb
>I am a IQ 92

You have to decry the memes first to set them in a proper mindset. Start it off with a dumb meme and then call it dumb after they laugh.
>>
File: 1435529030025.jpg (602KB, 2082x1098px) Image search: [Google]
1435529030025.jpg
602KB, 2082x1098px
>>29919415
This one goes a long way to supporting your narrative, just make sure that you cut out the rhetorical bits. Or even just check the sources on the pic.
>>
>>29919478
I just want to agree with this anon's concerns. I hope you take any statistics posted here to help you and use them to your advantage, however, do your best to not get too close to the pathological side of things. Also I remember an anecdote of a homosexual CCing to protect himself from gaybashing.
>>
>>29919415
This reminds me when I made a progun speech at my summer CC public speaking course no one really cared to ask questions of an antigun sorts (although we had a quick discussion of what kinds of weapons are legal in America like machine guns and tanks given the right paperwork), but my liberal teacher gave me a B+ to A- range because he wrote "The Virginia Tech survivors probably wouldn't appreciate this, see me after class"

However he was a pretty nice professor in general and when we talked, I just brought up that I was ready for defending my position and brought up the appalachia WEST Virginian shooting where students shot back to save lives, but that I couldn't use my counter examples to at least address his concerns. So he said I had a point and gave me an A for that speech.
>>
>>29919530
>Also I remember an anecdote of a homosexual CCing to protect himself from gaybashing.

OP should look for more anecdotal evidence like this. Gays, minorities, and women legally own firearms too. Many "lefties" seem to forget this.

The 2nd Amendment is a right that is meant to be appreciated by ALL law abiding citizens.
>>
>>29919415
Bring up how racist it is to cry foul of mass murders involving "assault rifles" and completely ignore the deaths of minorities in inner cities due to pistols.

Ask them why the Brady campaign and Mothers Demand Action demand more gun control for the cause of about 1-3% (source this) of all gun crimes (don't forget to bring up how suicides are almost always included in gun crime statistics) and not the actual main cause of gun deaths.

Finally, ask them why they don't want to save the most lives and call for an all out gun ban?

If their goal is really to save the most lives, that is.
>>
File: image.jpg (18KB, 145x187px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18KB, 145x187px
I don't have any memes or stats on hand as I'm on mobile, but I grew up in Austin and always heard stories about how Charles Whitman would have killed more people if it weren't for civilians aiding the police. Civilians were standing side by side with Austin police and putting suppressive fire on Whitman while the wounded were being carted off, because APD couldn't field enough people to do the job. This all happened on the University of Texas campus which was a gun free zone until campus carry passed but UT is actively trying to thwart that. Note the "Cocks not Glocks" campaign where students marched against campus carry by OCing dildos.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Whitman
>>
OP here

I would especially appreciate images detailing what makes a firearm and SBR

Also can anyone think of any recent sporting clause fuckery?
>>
>>29919730
Don't get into the niceties of firearm law. That shit is stupidly complex and arbitrary. Just be sure to mention that tax stamps are required for SBRs, SBSs, silencers or supressors or whatever you call them, and full auto weapons (and how none can be owned if they were made after 1986 I think it was). Then make a point to mention how this doesn't stop the illegal manufacturing of those items
>>
File: image.jpg (113KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
113KB, 800x500px
Hope this helps OP. Please report back after you deliver your message.
>>
>>29919415
Learn the definition of decry first. Because it doesn't mean what you think it means and you just literally said the opposite of what you meant to say.

verb (used with object), decried, decrying.
to speak disparagingly of; denounce as faulty or worthless; express censure of:
>>
File: atf_define.jpg (68KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
atf_define.jpg
68KB, 720x720px
>>29919780
>That shit is stupidly complex and arbitrary
that's what I'm going to be tackling mostly, I cant out right state "freedom aint free" without, invoking the wrath of my liberal professor.

I'm also going to touch on how the second amendment wasn't intended for sporting purposes.

I'm probably going to open up with the Waco
>>
>>29919891

Are you retarded? He is indeed going to speak disparagingly of, denounce as faulty and worthless, the NFA and ATF. Because they are faulty and worthless and deserve a good decryin'.
>>
>>29919684
And now you can't even have gun shows there.

God your town has changed for the worse. College town + public labor unions = liberal cancer, every time.
>>
>>29919951
it's not a handgun, it's a 'pistol' but your point is very strong.
>>
>>29919891
That's exactly what he meant...
>>
File: 1973.jpg (188KB, 1024x712px) Image search: [Google]
1973.jpg
188KB, 1024x712px
OP, just say this:

>According to the Supreme Courts, 10 U.S. Code ยง 311, The Militia is composed of all able-bodied peoples from 17 to 45, including both the National Guard, and the Unorganized Militia
>This negates any argument about the Second Amendment applying only to the National Guard, which is a commonly used argument to cite "well regulated militia."
>As Americans, you are the militia, whether you want to be or not.
>My right to own guns is greater than your feelings.

Highlight the reason why the ATF is hated, and why the militia is vilified, easy to connect.

>ATF is a continuation of the Bureau of Prohibition, because the government doesn't like to phase out obsolete entities
>ATF is already hated, but they bungled the Ruby Ridge standoff by killing a white supremacist's family while he never fired directly at the ATF (the helicopter incident was later revealed to be an outright lie.)
>Unfortunately, after this incident, militias started to recruit racists, although membership more or less died down and racist militias more or less ceased to exist
>Trying to demonstrate a need to exist, the ATF raided Waco
>Raid was justified, but warrants were messed up, they did it for the wrong reason, Koresh even wrote the ATF to explain he was a licensed gun store and that the full auto fire was from hellfire trigger systems, which (although they sound spooky) are COMPLETELY legal
>ATF bungles it, although the authorities were needed, rushing in with guns, then cutting the power, waiting for them to use kerosene lamps, then pumping the building with flammable tear gas resulted in the deaths of innocent people and kids

Appeal to the liberals.

>American Indian Movement and Black Panthers and now Cop Block police the authorities and stay within the law
>Gays form gun clubs called Pink Pistols for self defense

How can you be a progressive and hate a racist government but let them take your protection against it?

Offer to take them to the range.
>>
>>29919415
Make use of the stuff already posted.
Don't forget getting at them with sentiment as well.
>>
>>29920727
also liberals love animals so mention the fact that the ATF loves to kill innocent dogs
>>
File: domestic dog vs polar bear.jpg (118KB, 800x498px) Image search: [Google]
domestic dog vs polar bear.jpg
118KB, 800x498px
>even polar bears have more restraint than the ATF
>>
>>29920981
i love how the polar is just like "bitch really"
and the dog is losing his mind.
I fucking love this picture now
>>
>>29919415
You're doing gods work anon
>>
>>29919951
Needs a C96 with a stock that says "this is a pistol"
>>
>>29920981
I can't stop looking at this picture
>>
>>29919415
just tell them they should stop oppressing your ammosexualness
>>
>>29919461
I'll do you one even better.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/12/15/not-just-sandy-hook-china-s-terrifying-knife-attacks.html

Not a single firearm in these attacks.
>>
>>29919951
what is gun at bottom and how it's classified as pistol?
>>
>>29921937
Legally it's a pistol because it was manufactured without a shoulder stock and meant to be fired with a single hand (Yeah right.) The device that has taken its place is an arm brace. It can be used as a shoulder stock, but it's still a bit fuzzy on whether the ATF won't knock on your door if you decide to do so.
>>
>>29919456
Conclusion: we should ban handguns

And keep in mind that this is with our current bans and restrictions in place
>>
>>29919415
Make them seem like "the man" that's keeping everyone down, especially the black panthers. Watch their doublethink helmets spark like crazy.
>>
>>29919581
They DO want an all out ban

A lot of them,anyway
>>
>>29919461
>the worst in Japan since a nerve gas attack on Tokyo's subway
And people say guns kill people...
>>
Tell them to go here:

https://www.nraila.org/gun-laws/armed-citizen/
>>
I stocked my folder up a bit from this thread so I'm gonna give back some things I haven't seen posted yet.
>>
>>29919684
>Martinez later credited the numerous civilian shooters for saving "many lives" by forcing Whitman to take cover
Sad UT has forgotten this.
>>
File: 1461042502961.gif (44KB, 827x628px) Image search: [Google]
1461042502961.gif
44KB, 827x628px
You might consider including a section where you denounce the nra since they don't really do anything for gun rights. Point out that we aren't all gun-nut fudds like wayne lapiere. One of the main things liberals go off on is how "evil" the nra is. It really flusters them to distance yourself from their image of a violent racist old conservative.
>>
>>29921937
No stock (that's legally a "brace"), and a barrel under whatever length would make it a rifle barrel.
>>
File: bacon.jpg (207KB, 819x783px) Image search: [Google]
bacon.jpg
207KB, 819x783px
Same point, just more delicious and dumbed down.
>>
File: gct.jpg (71KB, 800x437px) Image search: [Google]
gct.jpg
71KB, 800x437px
>>
File: 1st.jpg (674KB, 1600x767px) Image search: [Google]
1st.jpg
674KB, 1600x767px
>>
>>29922175
Always love argument reversals like this.
>>
>>29919461
Poor Ellen.
>>
>>29922148
That's a bad analogy. The point of the militia mentioned is to point out that all states must have and armed force at its disposal, and the right of the people to bear arms is a way to defend against that necessary evil.
>>
>>29919415
All you have to say is "Do you identify with any of the police on campus?" or "Would you call any of the police a 'friend'?".

Usually that puts them off guard enough to allow an opening.
>>
>>29919415
OP, I did this a few years ago. What I did was I showed a map the Brady campaign made rating each state by "safety," basically the more restrictive the laws are, the better the scores are. I then took FBI crime stats for each of the 3 highest rated states (Cali, NY, etc) and FBI crime stats for the 3 lowest ranked states (Arizona, etc)

Did a comparison, built it into a graph. I did one section for murders and another for violent crimes. Nobody had any counter. Screenshots from the ultimate gun control group and the FBI are irrefutable hard evidence.
>>
Remind them that if they are not ford gun rights they are for the deaths of gays and other minority religious groups since they use weapons as a defense against their bigots
>>
>>29920727
>then pumping the building with flammable tear gas
Dude no. The gas canisters they shot into the building lit it on fire, not the lamps.

Here's the real kicker to the story. You want to know what happens to tear gas when it passes through a flame such as a building fire? It turns into CYANIDE. The ATF CYANIDE GASSED the building.
>>
>>29923130
Kek
>>
File: yv1My8j.gif (2MB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
yv1My8j.gif
2MB, 500x375px
>>29919415
You should start it off by drawing parallels to both sides of the argument wanting peace and safety and then hit them with da facts on why you chose your position
>>
File: 0912340197419823401928346.jpg (138KB, 640x413px) Image search: [Google]
0912340197419823401928346.jpg
138KB, 640x413px
>>29923419
RIP Dorner, a true american hero
>>
File: brady campaign lies.jpg (64KB, 965x125px) Image search: [Google]
brady campaign lies.jpg
64KB, 965x125px
http://www.bradycampaign.org/inthenews/one-year-after-newtown-states-lead-the-way-on-gun-violence-prevention-according-to-new

Britfag here, I decided to go on to the brady campaign website, see what it was all about. How can the fuckers get away with lying like they do on that website?

All those states I boxed in red (1000 hours in ms paint) have the lowest death rates in your country, and most of those arent even from firearms.

Does this brady campaign have a lot of influence in American politics?
>>
>>29919571
NB tranny here.

I CC a handgun every day.
>>
>>29919415
look on wikipedia for the long list of mass murders that Australia has had since they had their buy-back in 97. point out that they have never been big on guns like in the US. Use crime statistics in UK. Everyone assumes there's no crime there, and tons here. Assaults and rapes are a lot higher there than US. Use FBI crime info to point out that crime in the US has been falling dramatically since 93, and gun laws have been getting more lenient (except in certain states). Also show that 75% (50%? don't remember) of murders are committed by drug dealers, and have nothing to do with average law abiding citizens. Bring up parallel between drugs and guns. war on drugs is a massive failure, why would banning guns be any different? Show stats on defensive gun use, point out that many of them a shot is never fired and no one calls the police so defensive gun use stats are skewed way lower than they really are. stats about law-abiding gun owners far less likely to commit crimes than non-gun owners. etc. etc. I could go on. they're all real stats, but I'm not going to do your homework for you.
>>
File: mWy0MT0.jpg (808KB, 2277x2677px) Image search: [Google]
mWy0MT0.jpg
808KB, 2277x2677px
Your main argument to avoid is the claim that gun ownership prevents tyranny, as many Middle Eastern states with authoritarian regimes also have high rates of gun ownership and barely any weapons restrictions for citizens. From what I've gathered so far (Poli Sci grad student) most authoritarian regimes exist because they have a lot of popular support, and thus little actual resistance. One could *perhaps* make an argument for an armed populace making it more difficult for unpopular movements or outside invasion to succeeed in taking power, but that's not going to work very well due to the United States being practically invasion-proof.

You say your audience is primarily on the American left; then use examples from groups they will likely feel sympathy for. There are many examples of African Americans fighting back against lynch mobs and KKK attacks with firearms; many returning African American WWI veterans essentially walked into ambushes when they arrived back in their neighborhoods and had to quickly arm up to keep themselves alive. Look into the Black Panther Party and their precursors, and how the Gun Control Act of 1968 was formulated in response to people freaking out over how African Americans were arming up and holding armed peaceful protests. Argue that many Americans could not then and cannot now depend on law enforcement for protection, citing high rates of police brutality and unequal treatment of African Americans.

Then hit the Zapatistas in Chiapas, Mexico and other examples of indigenous resistance. Armed tribes in the Amazon and Southeast Asia working hard to repel multinational corporations trying to steal their shit.

Follow that up with statistics on the actual number of firearms in America (roughly 120 million handguns, 110 million shotguns, and 90 million rifles last figures I saw, but verify that) and go into the logistical impossibilities, citing that only 6 (verify that) have registration requirements and only 1 universal registration.
>>
File: tumblr_nupiecfK6O1uu56vao1_500.jpg (73KB, 500x749px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nupiecfK6O1uu56vao1_500.jpg
73KB, 500x749px
>>29922175
they already want to ban offensive speech
>>
>>29923723
>Does this brady campaign have a lot of influence in American politics?
Yeah because it's run by a man named Bloomberg, a New York billionaire who has no qualms spending millions to try and rig elections. Every time there is an election between a pro and anti gun politicians the anti gun politician will get orders of magnitude (usually 5x+) more money from Bloomberg and the Everytown/Brady campaign assfucks than the pro gunner will get from the NRA who have to crowdsource money.
>>
>>29919461
Wtf. That article is from 2006 but the Osaka school massacre was in 2001. That article is referring to the Akihabara massacre that killed 7 people and wounded 10 people. I smell fake
>>
>>29925498
Ok maybe not fake but something is weird about that article
>>
>>29919875
Gonna need a source with that image, funky bar graphs mean nothing without them.
>>
>>29919461
>http://abcnews.go.com/US/dining-off-duty-cop-stops-fatal-stabbing-rampage/story?id=39034337

MA fag here, we just had a stabbing spree resulting in 2 deaths before the guy was shot by a cop. Im surprised there hasn't been threads on it being MA is so anti gun and all.
And if anyone argues the
>b..but its only 2 dead, THERE WAS SO MAY MORE IN X INCIDNET WITH A GUN
turn it on them and ask if those two deaths don't matter then? Why cant we acknowledge their deaths because it doesn't fit into YOUR agenda? if he did use a gun and only killed two we'd still hear about it

I got to have this fun little argument with some people yesterday
>>
>>29919537
I FUCKING HATE TEACHER LIKES THIS GODDAMIT
>ask for a debate
>give your opinion
>degrades you for having an opinion different from theres
then fuck off and let me text during class because you clearly just want to hear yourself talk. If you cant handle the banter don't ask for a debate.
>>
>>29919415
You only have one day to prepare? Did you procrastinate or is this a quick and short thing?

Anyway the angles are easy enough. The NFA is nonsensical and never served its intended purpose because pistols were not banned. I wouldn't talk about the machine gun registry though. The ATF is a much better target because of their history of corruption. They've been in numerous scandals and mostly target individuals with no criminal intent. They have little oversight from congress.

Wikipedia is a good place to start.
>>
File: wp_ss_20140721_0001.png (2MB, 1280x768px) Image search: [Google]
wp_ss_20140721_0001.png
2MB, 1280x768px
suppressors make it EZ to teach new shooter how to shoot. not just a super assassinator tool.
>>
File: 1358114746889.jpg (72KB, 468x640px) Image search: [Google]
1358114746889.jpg
72KB, 468x640px
>>
File: 1369633004530.png (343KB, 640x624px) Image search: [Google]
1369633004530.png
343KB, 640x624px
factual pic.
>>
>>29927648
>norway and finland
I hope they're not shipping the guns to Oslo/Helsinki, since those places have a sizable mudslime minority.
>>
I think the most compelling point of gun control is the hypocrisy of it.

Ask if they think the government is better than its people. and when they inevitably say "no" highlight the double standard that the government can own whatever munitions it wants while its people are arbitrarily restricted.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.