[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DE 50AE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: iwi50AE.jpg (30KB, 652x556px) Image search: [Google]
iwi50AE.jpg
30KB, 652x556px
should I buy one of these? 19, graduate high school tomorrow with 2 years of free college, with about $3k in savings. Just bored and always wanted one, even though they lack practicality.
>>
>>29917539
dont you have to be 21 to purchase handguns?
>>
>>29917539
Shit, no. Just get a load of rifles and shotguns and don't waste your money on that. Or maybe put your money into something else.

Fuck that gun.
>>
>>29917549
I think I can have my dad buy it through a dealer, and he can sell it to me? Is that illegal?

>>29917551
I almost bought an AR last year, so I'm considering that too. I could do both, but I should save most of this for future tuition.
>>
File: Grimm Eagle.jpg (576KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
Grimm Eagle.jpg
576KB, 2448x3264px
>>29917570
I don't recommend it for your first pistol. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my Desert Eagle. It makes me grin like a lunatic every time at the range, but it is a fiddly as hell beast to get used to.

-It's very heavy, 5lbs unloaded.
-Mags, accessories, and ammo are all expensive, that will cut down on your shooting time.
-Due to how loud and the notable recoil it has, you will have a hard time learning to shoot handguns properly with it. It's not an easy pistol if you're not used to it, and you'll develop bad habits really easily with it.

I'd recommend the AR if you're just starting out and maybe a solid 9mm handgun to go with it. You can get both for the cost of a new Desert Eagle depending on what you go with.

Seriously, shoot a friend's deagle or find a range that has one for rent. You want to be sure you're comfortable firing a large magnum pistol before dumping that kind of cash
>>
>>29917539
Go to a range that rents one. Shoot the rental. Go back once or twice and shoot the rental some more. The desire to waste $1000 on one of these will leave your system. (and if it doesn't, then feel a little more comfortable buying one).

I owned one in .44 magnum and the thing was a jam-o-matic. It was still cool to play with at the range, even though it jammed, but things that cost that much money and don't work properly bother me immensely. I sold it.

Another thing, you might be tempted to buy used, but given my own experience, I'd be pretty suspicious that every DE on the used market wasn't a jam-o-matic too.

>>29917570
>I think I can have my dad buy it through a dealer, and he can sell it to me? Is that illegal?
Just have your dad buy it for you. For some reason, it's not considered a straw purchase in cases like these. Or if you want to err on the side of caution, just have your dad be the "owner" and you are only "borrowing it" from him. No one cares.
>>
>>29917644
I'm not a big guy so I wonder about handling the recoil, and gripping it. I would like to have one just for the novelty alone, but maybe I'll wait.

Any opinions on Israeli vs US models, finish, etc?
>>
>>29917539
It's a novelty gun. No, you really don't want one. You'll get it and think it's the coolest shit in the world until everyone you know can outshoot you at the range. And actually carry their guns. And actually afford ammo.

vidya games & movies =/= real life

For the amount of money they cost you can buy a few other amazingly reliable, shootable, impress-your-friends-and-people-who-know-their-shit guns.

I mean, .50 AE costs $1.50 A FUCKING ROUND. You'll need a couple hundred rounds just to break in the gun, and bare minimum 100rds a month just to stay in practice.
>>
>>29917708
My step brother has hands so small that his finger doesn't reach the trigger of a Glock 19 without using some sort of weird, off-center grip. He could handle my .44 DE alright, although not ideal, and did not limp-wrist it.
>>
get a 22 pistol, then a 9mm. then buy one with kits and barrels for 357, 44 and 50 ae
>>
>>29917708
The grip is large, but is manageable even for smaller hand users. In a way the grip actually encourages you to hold your hand lower on the grip than you would a normal pistol due to the massive action sliding back. I've sheared off a thumbnail due to the slide catching my primary hand's thumb because I was holding it too high.

As for the recoil, it is actually very controllable due to the weight of the gun. It's not obscene, but it's not minor either. It recoils like a hot .45 steel framed 1911, but is definitely controllable.

As for israeli vs us, for the most part the Israeli ones are better in terms fo fit and finish, particularly the older models, so you'll want to go with those when you can.
>>
>>29917686
>For some reason, it's not considered a straw purchase in cases like these.
Depends on the laws in your state. It's technically a straw purchase if you're buying a gun for someone who is ineligible to possess.

>Or if you want to err on the side of caution, just have your dad be the "owner" and you are only "borrowing it" from him. No one cares.
This is the much smarter and not legally questionable option.
>>
>>29917539
Look into the amazing variety of guns there are, anon. I guarantee you will find something you'd rather spend the money on.
>>
File: coonan-357-mag.jpg (163KB, 425x303px) Image search: [Google]
coonan-357-mag.jpg
163KB, 425x303px
>>29917539
Looks good, feels good, shoots great, and you don't have to wait a year to get one anymore.
>>
>>29917539
Buy it used, save a shit ton of money.
Awesome guns, but they make manlets feel inadecuate.
>>
The responsible thing to do would be to save your money for emergencies and the future until you're financially stable.

The awesome thing to do would be to say fuck it and pick one up anyway, they're hella rad and I love mine.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.