[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Knives

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8

File: image.jpg (461KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
461KB, 1024x768px
How many knives do you carry /k/? I usually carry one 3 inch for EDC tasks and one 4-6 inch for defense.
>>
File: disgusting.jpg (35KB, 331x221px) Image search: [Google]
disgusting.jpg
35KB, 331x221px
>>29890762
would not carry
>>
>>29890809
It's the prototype, probably went through a bunch of testing bruh
>>
>>29890762

usually 2 - one fixed blade (typically 3 inch) and one folder (for not scaring the sheeple), plus a small, 2'' slipjoint "just in case"
>>
Unfortunately I like micro tools and thus have like 15 at any given time that I don't use because I carry a leatherman that's a lot more convenient
>>
>>29890906
But a standalone blade will always be better than a multitool
>>
A 3-inch folding blade, yeah.
>>
>>29890942
Sure, if I ever get a job that requires more than cutting suran wrap and plastic ties. When I worked for the plant nursery business a carried an ESEE Izula II, but not anymore.
>>
>>29890762
>knife
>for defense
I remember being 14 and edgy.

I carry a victorinox sentinel because it's sharp as fuck, has excellent edge geometry, light as fuck, and works great for food prep and eating steaks out without having to saw through them like a supplied cutlery peasant

If the local nigs don't fuck with me because the rib tickler hanging off my pocket all the better, but I've got a gun.
>>
>>29890762
I've usually got my leatherman, a smaller folder and me esse 4. I'm thinking about getting a Kabar TDI. Anyone have experience with these?
>>
File: image.jpg (33KB, 277x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33KB, 277x300px
>>29890969
>guns are the only self defense tools
>knives aren't viable for self defense
Only the dead know peace from this meme
>>
i carry a 3.25 inch tanto shaped folder and a leatherman multi tool. ultimate combination.
>>
>>29890762

small ka-bar 1228 for cutting shit and letting people use, boker applegate fairbairn on belt for other niggers,
>>
For you fixed blade bros, how do you carry it? OC on belt or small of back?
>>
>>29891190
OC on belt. Usually have a shirt over it.
>>
>>29891012
Knives are the active worst choice as a defensive weapon
>>
>>29891255

what, they can make people fuck off pretty quickly, be defensive by being aggresive with a knife.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37XiSn81oFw
>>
>>29891255
Against a gun maybe
>>
File: dump.png (1MB, 1068x899px) Image search: [Google]
dump.png
1MB, 1068x899px
usually 2

old pic, but it's what i tend to carry
>>
>>29891433
What's the hearing aid for
>>
File: 1457337228057.gif (3MB, 406x300px) Image search: [Google]
1457337228057.gif
3MB, 406x300px
>>29891439
Maybe, Anon, and this is just a wild guess, but maybe he is hard of hearing?
>>
>>29891449
From what nigger
>>
>>29891433

Not sure if serious but I have semi-bad hearing loss in my left ear from a punctured eardrum (school fight) from about 13 years ago. *shrug*
>>
>>29891464

Meant to quote >>29891439

Sorry
>>
Usually carry an izula 2 or esee 3, carry a paramilitary 2 too. I live in WA, it's not rare for me to do random /out/ adventures. So it's always nice to have a fix blade and fire kit on me.
>>
>>29891464
Sorry to hear you've lost some hearing in your ear, man. My Mother is hard of hearing and i can't imagine how hard it must be to have to ask people ''What?'' all the time, and feel like it's a burden when it really isn't.

At least you got a neat lookin' hearing aid.
>>
>>29890969
Fuck off faggot.

>Be 18, soon to be 19
>Traveling with my father to chicago
>inna villita or whatever the fuck it's called
>Go get something from car while dad is in a store
>some spic nigger is following me, I catch on pretty quick and pick up the pace
>faggot does the same
>start readying knife
>nigger starts running to me
>turn around, guy has a knife
>try to grab him before he can stab/slash, end up grabbing the blade but I twist his arm down and pull real hard. There's blood everywhere and we struggle a little, but I end up buying just enough time and move his arms out of the way so I can draw my knife and I slash at his face and right below the throat near the clavicle.
>Guy cries out, and drops the blade, covering his face and runs away.
>Got a nasty cut on my hand. 8 stitches, luckily didn't lose fingers, and everything works just as it should.

Knives are indeed a self defense option. They're not the epitome of defense tools by a long shot, even when you know what you're doing. But only pussy ass bitches like you would rather cry and bitch about it than risk saving your life. I know I'm glad I took the gamble
>>
File: CQC9k.jpg (33KB, 800x343px) Image search: [Google]
CQC9k.jpg
33KB, 800x343px
I really want an Emerson/Emerson design knife, but can't afford one at the moment. There's the CQC9K coming out soon, but it's unfortunately a frame lock.

What do you guys think of taking the thing apart, filing down the stainless steel locking half of the knife nice and flat, and then cutting out some G-10 in the same shape and fixing it to the stainless side? How much of a good idea do you think that is? I'm concerned about the lock integrity
>>
>>29892828
That sounds pretty ridiculous. Why don't you try to find something that is actually produced to your specifications instead of something from a specific brand?
>>
>>29891449
he is also colorblind
>>
>>29892878
Because I happen to like Emerson designs, but they're overpriced as fuck even if I could afford them, and the kershaw collaborative models I like are either too small, or framelocks, which I despise.

All I want is:

>textured G10 on both sides
>3.5"+ blade
>wave opener
>lanyard hole
>>
>>29891433
>dat orthodox cross

My comrade
>>
File: image.jpg (88KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88KB, 640x480px
>>29892924
You can get all of that from many cold steel knives
>>
File: image.jpg (280KB, 916x1280px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
280KB, 916x1280px
>>29890762
>he open carries a pocket knife
>>
>>29892947
Except the AUS8 versions are now impossible to find at decent prices since they've changed steel type. I'll be paying out of state tuition since I just moved here, and I don't have a job yet. I can't pay for an $100+ knife atm. I don't mind doing the extra work to file down the framelock side, as I planned on doing the .45 thumbdisk mod and other shit anyways, but I'm just concerned about the lock being safe/reliable
>>
>>29892981
>>29892981
Why would you want the AUS8? CTSXHP Is a better steel. There are tons of cold steel models under $100 that are over 4 inches: ak47, talwar, recon, American lawman, etc.
>>
>>29892790
Things that never happened
>>
>>29893016
Because if I had to buy a cold steel right now, it's better if it's cheaper, which is in theory what AUS8 would be. Look, I have knives for actual use, with functionality in mind. I want an Emerson design for the sheer fact that I want a new toy and piece of (wannabe) pocket jewelry I can enjoy. Otherwise I'd just stick to my endura or my minigrip. I am only concerned about the lock strength when converting a framelock to an linerlock
>>
>>29893072
You're arguing against your own point. You said you want aus8 because it's cheaper but you can't find any cheap aus8 models because they switched steels. Whatever dude have fun.
>>
>>29893072
....isnt a linerlock weaker than a frame lock?
>>
>>29893089
If I had to buy a cold steel right now, and they still offered the AUS8, I'd take it because it's theoretically cheaper. However, I wasn't aware that they apparently discontinued the AUS8 models to fully replace them with the carpenter versions, which are inherently more expensive than the AUS8 versions. If they still offered the AUS8, I'd choose that. But scarcity has made their price go up.
None of it matters anyways because I don't want a cold steel.

>>29893101
They're marginally weaker, yes. They're both inferior to a bunch of other lock designs, though. That's not the point. A well made liner/framelock will take on the amount of punishment it's meant to. Taking a framelock and filing it down to a liner lock however, is not what's meant to happen, so therefore I was wondering if anybody had any experience I could draw from with this.
>>
>>29892888
Explain
>>
>>29893190
>hey I want this knife but it's too expensive
>what if I just compromise the integrity of this other knife instead
>why not buy another knife?
>here's a bunch that fit your specifications in your price range
>nah mate I'm just gonna fuck up some other knife
Don't change /k/
>>
I have a swiss army knife on me at most times.

It's one of the bigger ones.
>>
>>29893237
Just being a poorfag in good poorfag fashion. If /k/ wasn't about that, more than half the threads that are up right now wouldn't be a thing to begin with.

Honestly, I might go ahead and do this anyways, just to see what happens
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.