[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on slide cutting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

Is this just a fad or a legitimate performance enhancement for Glocks/S&W/etc right now?

I think they look interesting, but if the gun was designed with a specific slide weight, wouldn't lightening it give it less inertia and potentially make it less reliable? If they were able to achieve their desired result with a lighter slide, wouldn't they have come that way from the factory?

Help me understand, /k/, it seems like there are 100 companies now "customizing" Glocks in this way. And selling gun-themed coffee, which is just gayer than AIDS.
>>
>>29883201
just fags making money off other fags
>>
>>29883217
first post best post
>>
>>29883201
I've always wondered what kind of person would actually pay someone to fuck up their perfectly usable firearm.
>>
>>29883303

I can see stippling, or cutting the slide to add an RMR/Venom/fastfire/etc. but cutting it for the sake of looking cool seems half queer.
>>
I'll be honest. I like the looks, it's like a mg42 shroud.

It vents heat, high-speed low drag

Pay extra for less material and possible slide weight issues
>>
>>29883201
another trend for people who have more money than sense
>>
wouldn't those holes hurt your hand?
I like to rack from the front of the slide so those weird cut outs would hurt, no?
>>
>>29883393

Like 10.5" SBR's
>>
>>29883418
that sounds like a real flame thrower?
>>
>>29883568
>SBR
>flame thrower
Nigga what?
>>
>>29883201
To honestly answer you're question, they are usually paired with lightened recoil springs. It's helpful for race guns.
>>
Berretta already ahead of the game and at higher power level.
>>
>>29883201
True story time:
>dad is aerospace machinist
>have lots of nice machining equipment at home
>me and brother lol lets mill off the tenifer build up with welds make golf ball look
>friends go bananas over it
>post pics online people go bananas
>makes 100% no difference in how gun works
>ask crazy price people still want do it
>so many orders have to say no to people
>do more fuckery like drill holes all over
>more bananas
>make titanium slide cover
>bananas
>make titanium mag release
>bananas

There is probably no end to the pointless shit people will do to 'customize' their firearms. An imaginative machinist with access to good weed and social media can make an easy living at it.
>>
>>29883673

pics
>>
>>29883201
If thats all you do, it hurts reliability.

When combined with a recoil spring tuned to a specific load and potentially other upgrades and using that specific load...it can greatly reduce muzzle climb and felt recoil.
>>
>>29884090
Pretty much what this dude said. Lots of poor fags in this thread who don't shoot enough to appreciate modifications that make shooting slightly easier and increase performance
>>
Unless you're a comp shooter it's pointless unless you want "cool points".
>>
>>29884836
Where can I cash in the cool points?
>>
>>29887035
Local range and on the internet only
>>
>yfw glock release G42 MOS to undercut Salient/AA/Zev
>ported G26 slide on OD G19 RTF frame with 17L barrel
>glock brand TiN coat
>$1600 msrp
>>
>>29884090
>>29884210
>greatly reduce muzzle climb
Exaggerations of the year. I would say Bob Vogel and Dave Sevigny shoot enough, yet both of them used/use stock Glock 35 slides in Limited.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.