[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/meg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 30

File: MUNSLBq.jpg (63KB, 1170x923px) Image search: [Google]
MUNSLBq.jpg
63KB, 1170x923px
/meg/- Military Enlistment General
Aviator Edition

>Discord
https://discord.gg/0y3eBT2ji4rHI4TM
>IRC Channel
>implying anyone uses IRC
#MEG on Freenode
If you're on mobile look up AndroIRC for the app. Any questions, ask in the thread to get you set up.

Resources:

>Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

>http://www.sealswcc.com/
SEAL/SWCC site with videos and fitness plans and a forum

>Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

>Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

>http://www.corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

>http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff. Good site for Marines info too.

>http://www.uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

>www.defencejobs.gov.au/
For info on the Australian Defense Force, and how you can shitpost on the world stage.

>https://www.airwarriors.com/community/
Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

OP template
http://pastebin.com/sb5Gv1dW

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
http://pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

Which branch are you enlisting/enlisted/considering?
http://strawpoll.me/6764857

Ask questions, get advice from retards on how to lie on the poly, bitch about recruiters, accuse each other of stolen valor, just keep it in this general.
Use the IRC pussies just kidding it's dead
>>
File: 1461875600379.jpg (84KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1461875600379.jpg
84KB, 960x960px
Any oldfags here have successful relationships while in the military? I know a lot of older couples where the husband was in the military.
>>
>>29851020

My parents did, but dad was air force. He indicted that army, navy that goes underway, or marines tended to have a rough time of it though.
>>
File: 340955.jpg (519KB, 2574x1713px) Image search: [Google]
340955.jpg
519KB, 2574x1713px
>>29851059
Right, I know two older guys who were air force and both later became airline pilots. Seems like the GOAT career to be honest.
>>
File: 1462241519082.jpg (48KB, 594x334px) Image search: [Google]
1462241519082.jpg
48KB, 594x334px
>>29851001
Lads gonna ask a question I asked in the last one after it died, does anyone know how long it takes to ship to boot when you have an 18x contract? When i went into the Navy I was in DEP for 10 months and waiting sucked. Hoping this is way shorter.
>>
>>29851020
my parents were married 20 years while he was in navy, then got divorced almost immediately after retirement.
you and your girl better have a game plan, because its a very one-sided relationship. some (few) women are built for the military spouse life. children make it even harder if you're deploying all the time.
but something that nobody talks about, like in my parents case, is what happens after? they were from a small town, whole family lives there. we moved all over, every few years. my mom wanted to move home and live a simple life with family. my dad wanted to live in a city and party and travel.
know that when you get married at 18-21, you could very well be completely different people when you're 40-45
>>
>>29851118
max 3-4 months
>>
>>29851141
I wanna take your word for it but can i ask how you know? Did you consider it at one point?
>>
>>29851020
Been married over 5 years, barely holding on at this point.
>>
>>29851155
i did consider it. and i know many SF guys, and many washouts. i live at bragg, you can throw a rock on any street corner and hit a ranger or sf washout
>>
>>29851192
Oh man i really appreciate your answer then. I definitely believe the washout part, on my ship in the navy nearly every undes guy was a seal dropout aka bud dud. Those guys were like shells of their former selves. Spirits totally crushed. Since you are there can you give me any info or tips at all. Im willing to absorb any piece of info you are willing to offer man.
>>
>>29851237
I'll let that SF guy elaborate on the actual pipeline. if you have specific questions, I'll ask some people tomorrow who've made it through. i don't want to speculate or give you bad info
>>
>>29851269
Honestly i dont even know what to ask cause i dont know what i dont know so to speak. Ive already read the SF book that gets talked about on here frequently and ive been doing what i can to prepare physically. Any idea what advancement in SF is like? How easily you advance i mean. I also have a general question now that i have you though. Some of my navy buds who are still in have told me that the navy is thinking of doing away with 20 year retirement and is going to institute some policy where they match your tsp contributions or something like that. Heard anything like that in the army???
>>
>>29851326

>You make E5 automatically upon graduating the Q Course. Usually make E6 within 18-24 months after that. Roughly make E7 within 3-4 years after that, which is about 7-8 years of active duty time

i asked my buddy for you ;-)

and yes, in 2017 they're cutting military pensions and healthcare by like 20%, but I'm pretty sure there's a grandfather clause, i could be wrong
>>
>>29851423
Thx alot. I guess as long as i get in before 2017 im good. I heard the grandfather bit is true for navy at least.
>>
>>29851423
>>29851326

http://www.militarytimes.com/story/military/2016/02/09/dods-2017-budget-reveals-16-percent-pay-raise-and-new-changes-military-retirement/80055802/
>>
So I have been thinking about going 11x but recently had a navy recruiter wanting to meet up and talk about going to buds . But if I do go navy I am in terrible shape to even consider going to buds and just wanted to see what you guys have to say should I just work my ass off to get ready for buds if I do go through or take easier way and just do 11x
>>
>>29851466
Thx for the link. I cant believe more people arent talking about this.
>>29851498
Im gnna say what i said before, if you washout from buds you will be absolutely miserable. Far worse than washing out from other programs cause you are stuck on some shitty ship chipping paint for who know how long. If you go you better die instead of quitting.
>>
11B
19D
11C

can >>29845496 or anyone who knows about them tell me what these are like during war time?
>>
Anyone here have a mechanic MOS? Did you learn skills that put you ahead of the average civilian mechanic? Looking to enlist and work on big marine diesels.
>>
>>29851498
go army. i hate to generalize, but you said it yourself, you're out of shape. do yourself a favor and think about it long and hard. if you wash out, you're needs of the navy, or unclassed, which is the worst possible thing ever. go 11X or 03XX or worst case, AF Security Forces
>>
>>29851596
>you're needs of the navy, or unclassed, which is the worst possible thing ever
100% true
Were you in the navy? Those guys were like slaves on my ship.
>>
>>29851585
I knew an 88M and he said it sucked, but he did learn a lot about diesel engines, which is pretty useful if that's what you want to do with your life.
>>29851559
probably a lot more fun during war than now. i have a buddy who is 11C, fucking hates life now that he's not able to do his job. a friend of mine was 11B and went to iraq a couple times, he loved it. but he was fucking nuts. i had a friend who was a tank mechanic in the 90s and he hated life
>>
>>29851628
my dad was. and a high school friend of mine didn't make the cut and purposely injured himself just to get out because it was so bad
>>
>>29851636
I'm looking to get out in 4 and have a leg up towards getting an engineer job on a tug.
>>
>>29851653
>purposely injured himself just to get out because it was so bad
I believe it, looks of guys got drunk, depressed, suicidal and what not cause of how much they hated it.
>>
>>29851685
he was a dumb fuck, but he was a pt stud. dont know what happened, but he didn't get far in the course. he's a landscaper now.

>>29851680
you'll definitely learn a lot about diesels. have you thought about trying to work on a river barge or dredging crew? great money, a lot of the times its entry-level. just a thought
>>
>>29851736
I've done the working for cash thing for awhile now doing different jobs and I'm looking to have a career. I'm 25 and I'm mediocre on everything from carpentry to motor work. I want to thoroughly learn big diesels and the army seems like a good place to do it.
>>
>>29851893
work on anything with tracks in the military, get out and make $70k+ at caterpillar
>>
>>29852046
That wouldn't be a bad gig. My cousin works on the big cat marine diesels and makes fucking bank. I guess Bradleys would be the way to go for army? The Abrahms have a jet motor right?
>>
>>29852159
>the military uses construction equipment, too
>>
>>29852171
Point taken amigo
>>
File: IMG_20160505_074850.jpg (2MB, 1944x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160505_074850.jpg
2MB, 1944x2592px
>>29851020
>>29851020
Divorce language institute
Desperate love institute
Drugs and liquor institute
If you're 1A8,1N3 or 35x (I think that's army linguists) don't expect to find love. I've accepted my fate.
Na don't get married in service. Do you 4-6 get out and then get married
>>
>>29851020
Marriage in the military generally only works if you're an officer.

Enlisted, a good marriage is extremely rare. A mediocre stable marriage is also rare.

The only enlisted who have a decent marriage are ones who get out.

Everyone else divorces until they die.
>>
>>29851559
>>
>>29851653
I thought Army BCT was much harder than Navy BCT? Isn't the Navy much more relaxed than the Army during training?

I've heard ship life sucks, but if you're not a sub or on deck it's not so bad.
>>
File: 60091017.jpg (75KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
60091017.jpg
75KB, 300x300px
I'm on duty and bored as fuck. Ask a POG in the Marines anything.
>>
Does 11b do anything different from 0311? I've heard the marines invade and the army occupies taken villages. Is that true? Is 11b safer?
>>
>two years into a history degree
>have been taking out loans to help finance it
You don't have to tell me how dumb I am, I already know.

I've been thinking about joining the military for a while now, but I'm wondering if I should drop out and enlist, or finish the degree and try to become an officer. Next semester I lose a fair bit of my financial aid due to a GPA drop, so I'll likely be putting myself in significantly more debt. Couple that with my growing apathy for my classes knowing that I expect to fuck off and do something completely different even if I do graduate, and dropping out is honestly seeming like the more attractive option.

I've already asked some friends and family, but just so I have the opinions of anonymous faggots from /k/ covered, what do you guys think I should do?
>>
File: cat.jpg (54KB, 500x667px)
cat.jpg
54KB, 500x667px
Shipping off for Navy in 4 days guys. Gonna be a fucking Corpsman, and aim for FMF. I'm fucking excited.

But I'm afraid of losing my gains during Navy basic. What can I do to help keep my gains?
>>
Is Army BCT for 11x harder than Navy BCT?

And which sucks more, garrison life, or ship life?
>>
Does anyone know how long secret security clearances are taking right now? Wondering how long it might be before I can get my ship date moved up.
>>
>>29854019
Also on that note, I picked up a misdemeanor during my time in DEP, but got a Compromise of Misdemeanor and the case has been closed. I was never convicted, and I paid compensation

I haven't spoken a word to my recruiters, as was advised by many people (including servicemen).

My other question is this: will they run another background check, see this, and take my corpsman contract away from me and tell me to fuck off?
>>
>>29854154
Man you really should have just told your recruiter
>>
>>29854202
Yeah, maybe.

So during "The Moment of Truth" where they ask you if all the information you’ve provided to recruiting personnel is completely honest and open, should I go ahead and say that this happened?

Because in 6 months or so, this will go away from my record.
>>
>>29854229
Honestly I don't know what to tell you, I don't know what will happen if you bring it up during the moment of truth. Maybe you'll get away with it, or maybe down the line you'll need a clearance and the investigation will find this and you get fucked.
>>
>>29854253
Alright. Fair enough.
I dunno man. I fucked up. I got people who served in Force Recon whom had a couple felonies telling me to keep it to myself since it's not that big of a deal.

They already went through my police record when I told them about a couple traffic tickets here and there. I also read that for a misdemeanor like mine, I would need a waiver if I had TWO of them.

Honestly I'm probably just gonna keep it to myself and see what happens. If I get fucked, I get fucked. That's on me.

Thanks anyways, man
>>
File: 1417258687015.jpg (108KB, 640x630px)
1417258687015.jpg
108KB, 640x630px
>>29854303
Forgot to add, they went through my police record before the incident happened. My bad.
>>
>>29851020

The fifty percent divorce rate for all marriages is nearly doubled in the military.
>>
File: image.jpg (256KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
256KB, 750x1334px
Anybody know anything about the blue to green program for transfer from navy to army? Is it still a thing and what's the process?
>>
>>29853951
For anyone who might actually think this, read a book. Any book on modern warfare and/or anti terrorism operations.
>>
>>29851596
Stay away from AF security forces. They retard fucking autists who think they are infantry and in reality they just check chow hall ID's and make sure no one steals jets.

Sincerely,
Someone who made the mistake of doing multiple convoys on Tampa with those idiots.
>>
>>29854381
You get a conditional release from blue and talk to green about available jobs as a prior service recruit.

Good luck unless you want one of a tiny handful of jobs though.
>>
File: image.jpg (42KB, 500x364px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42KB, 500x364px
Hey 1a9x1 guy if u stop in here can U answer some of these questions, do you get deployed often and where? Civilian opportunities? Is that job high in demand? im going to meps soon and really have my eye on that job. If there's anything you'd like to add about ur day to day life as that job that'd b based as fuk. Thanks plz respond :^)
>>
>>29853810
i don't know which is harder, but i was talking about seal pipeline
>>
Should I continue my navy OCS application or try for marine OCS? I'd like to go infantry with them but I doubt there's too many positions for that and I can't meet the max pft yet
>>
File: 2016-05-06-09-21-08.png (190KB, 573x607px) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-06-09-21-08.png
190KB, 573x607px
Out of intrest do you guys think this training plan would get me fit enough to pass basic
>>
>doing finger prints
>machine not reading them
>guy doing them says he can't figure out why it's having problems
>other recruiter says it might be because i have big hands
y-you too, senpai
>>
>>29856254
I had the same issue because I worked with chemicals and they almost wiped them
>>
>>29856165

"Fit enough to pass basic" is literally just not being fat. Minimum military standards are very attainable for anyone within the appropriate age/weight range to be there, unless you have some sort of medical issue.
>>
>>29856293
Ok well would this plan help me pass top of the class as far as fitness standards go
>>
>>29851001
How do marines usually fair after their service is up? Do after all the war and glory is finished, do they just become welfare queens? I'm leaning towards Air Force because I think they tend to be more successful in the civilian world but at the same time I want to be a warrior and be a stronger individual both mentally and physically but it seems like meat heads are for the marines
>>
>>29856377
Why not go AFSO
>>
>>29856307
I'm not the anon you replied to but I'll chime in. Literally if you just focus on APFT exercises + pull-ups you'll be a stud. With that being said, your program basically looks good. Godspeed anon. If you have any more questions, I'll be around.
>>
>>29856551
Are there any other workouts that work well? Fartlek training? Weighted walks?
>>
>>29856377
Go Intel
Get TS/SCI and then work for CIA/NSA or some other 3 letter company, of course after getting your free bachelors with that (m)GI bill. Go fusion analyst or linguist or something like that.
>>
11B stationed at Ft. Carson reporting. AMA.
>>
>>29856994
How was OSUT?
>>
File: 1462445314345.jpg (130KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1462445314345.jpg
130KB, 600x600px
Quick question. Can I sign up with a alternative high school diploma?
>>
>>29856377
>How do marines usually fair after their service is up?

It depends hugely on the individual Marine.

Of the guys my infantry platoon, we had men who had already graduated from college who did nothing when they got out, others got started on good careers, we had plenty of guys who went on to get their degrees after their service and get good jobs (one even got his doctorate); and we had guys who were total burnouts.

I recently attended the funeral of one of those burnouts who drank himself to death.

By and large, though, the ratio of successful to fuckup favors the successful. Even if you're just a dumbass grunt, the discipline and training that you get from being in the Marines makes you more goal-oriented. If you decide your goal is to be successful, you'll go after that like a Marine: without ever considering the possibility of failure.
>>
>>29854019
As it stands, absolutely nothing if you follow all the rules. Boot's PT plan is to make the weak ones strong enough to pass a PRT, and the already physically fit usually lose gains. You do a hillariously inefficient thirty minute workout five or six times a week. Most /fit/izens lose like a minute on their run and 5-10 pushups by the final PFA.
>>
>>29857380
Also you get your ears blown off by an RDC if you try to PT on your own. It's their ass on the line if you hurt yourself.
>>
>>29857215
Probably. They'll sometimes take you without a high school degree if your ASVAB is high enough.
>>
>>29857391
Aw fuck, are you shitting me? I was gonna find places to do pull ups, dips, handstand push ups and pistol squats. That's fucking horseshit.
>>
>>29857707
That's not horseshit at all. The whole point of basic training is to learn to conform to a military lifestyle. You're not actually learning important skills, you're just picking up the habits that the military wants you to have.

Doing shit on your own implies independent thought, and a recruit who thinks is a contradiction in terms.
>>
>>29857720
Well that makes sense I suppose. Fitness is a huge priority to me, and I just hate the thought of getting fatter during boot.

But I might as well just grab myself a silly straw and suck it the fuck up.
>>
Does anyone know where the Army trains the Construction/Engineering ones of MOSes?
>>
>>29857768
Leonard Wood, isn't it?
>>
>>29857215
this and being homeschooled are the only times the TAPAS matters, to make sure you're not a psycho
>>
Headed to Benning in late August. Anyone going to be there with me?
>>
>>29857862

I thought it was that, but assumptions get you kicked in the ass.
>>
>>29857907
anyone going to Sill the end of this month?
>>
How much will OCS prepare me to be an officer?

I've got a history degree (lol) and I want to join, and everyone says I should go officer rather than enlisted. I don't mean to sound like a fag, but I'm not entirely sure I have what it takes to be a quality officer.
>>
>>29858802
You are the best judge of yourself. If you say you aren't cut out then you are right. You can enlist as a SPC E4 instead.
>>
>>29858802
>history degree
No idea what kind of commission that'll get you, if one at all. I'm pretty sure they don't just hire anyone with any degree anymore. All it gets most people is E3 upon enlistment. Try going Enlisted for a few years then apply to one of the officer program. If you can get into one of those, you probably deserve it (or you got a buddy on the inside)
>>
>>29859180
Officer jobs are still 90% degree immaterial. A 4.0 in history will beat a 3.0 in STEM any day.

Plenty of officers have bullshit degrees.
>>
>>29851559
Bumping
>>
going to basic in June, will I be issued that shitty ACU or will they be issuing that Scorpion camo? I'd assume they'd try to get rid of all the old shitty digital stuff, but I don't know, so I figured I'd ask you guys
>>
File: Pink PT belt.jpg (9KB, 432x108px) Image search: [Google]
Pink PT belt.jpg
9KB, 432x108px
Militaryfags, have the military females changed their "code"?

I know pic related used to be their signal.
>>
>>29859869
>what did he mean by this?
>>
>>29858802
None. When I was at OCS the HHC 1SG literally told us we weren't going to learn anything at all in OCS and we were just glorified PFCs. He was absolutely right. You won't be taught anything at all in OCS. You get powerpoints in the morning, tested on the stuff in the afternoon then get to forget that shit for good. Then you do stuff you were taught in basic all over again except your have already expected to have mastered it so hope you had good drill sergeants.

If you aren't sure you will be a quality officer you have some humility and common sense which makes you better than most officers. Which means you'll never pass OCS because they'll peer you out or fuck you over on FLX because you wont suck their dick or drink the coolaid.
>>
Why is every SNCO so nice to the junior enlisted females?

Why doesn't they mentor me too and invite me over to meet their family?

So confusing. /k/, how does one make themselves worthy of an E-7's "mentorship"?
>>
>>29859789
Everyone who enters basic in 2016 and up gets scorpion, so you'll get that

A lot of the shitty training gear they give you to use in basic will still be digital though
>>
File: content pepe.gif (567KB, 300x456px) Image search: [Google]
content pepe.gif
567KB, 300x456px
>>29860015
Almost like something is going on.

Almost as if the male enlisted corps and the female enlisted corps are two completely separate rank structures with completely different standards.

I wonder what the military meant by this.
>>
>>29860015
Just become a twink fuccboi like me, I go over an E8's house every weekend for mentorship
>>
>>29860021
you give most of that shit back, correct?
>>
File: 1462571450210-767911130.jpg (2MB, 1944x2592px) Image search: [Google]
1462571450210-767911130.jpg
2MB, 1944x2592px
>>29859869
Kek reflective belts are our eternal slave belts. AETC rules. Sigh. Also I think it's tradoc rules here on their post .
>>
>>29859869
signal for what, sir?
>>
>>29860040
You give all of your training gear (helmet, body armor, knee pad, shoulder pads, rucksack, etc.) that you get once you're at basic back.

Everything that you get at reception before basic (duffelbags, uniform, PTs, jacket, poncho, etc.) you keep
>>
>>29860051

He's referencing a post that was made here once which was never validated as being true.
>>
>>29860031
A reminder that E-7s just barely made it into the middle class and are therefore seen as millionaire Gods to junior enlisted.

Being the King of Shit Mountain gets you that sweet junior enlisted punani.
>>
File: slav pepe.png (463KB, 1200x975px) Image search: [Google]
slav pepe.png
463KB, 1200x975px
>>29860077
>here
You mean multiple air bases, a confirmed court case and multiple websites, my military female friend?

Be proud of who you are.
>>
>>29857733
A buddy I work with that served in the Navy said that another recruit in his barracks would do push-ups and shit after lights out because he was trying to be a SEAL
>>
>>29860106
Bagram and Kandahar made a lot of women very "rich". In monetary gains and protein.
>>
File: image.png (634KB, 960x660px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
634KB, 960x660px
>>29860127
I've always heard women in the military are the most upstanding and hardworking members of the military.
>>
>>29860149
Dreams are pretty cool, I agree. I like the ones where I can fly.
>>
File: image.jpg (248KB, 960x640px)
image.jpg
248KB, 960x640px
>>29860164
Pic extremely related.
>>
>>29860185
To be fair all butterbars regardless of sex are beyond retarded
>>
>>29860199
I've seen that picture a million times and I never noticed she was a butterbar, that makes a lot more sense
>>
>>29856706
The Couch potato to 5k tempate is really great to get up in distance. You can always throw in interval sprints for added metabolic resilience. Remember, as long as you're pounding asphalt with accountability maintained with time, you'll be good. And for god's sake, eat relatively healthy and a slight calorie surplus relative to your daily calorie needs.
>>
>>29860106
>>29860127
>>29860106
>>29860077
pink belt, they'll suck your dick for $20?
>>
>>29858969

And that's pretty good; you don't have to listen to any private who can't kick your ass!
>>
>>29860094
Shit dude I was making about seventy grand in an area where the median income was in the thirties, and I never even made E-7. Plus I didn't have to pay for healthcare.

>most people in the US won't ever make what a SSG does, let alone a SFC.
>>
>>29860605
unless you live in a major metro area, the average is $22-36k

>worked in the oilfield
>first year made $74k takehome
>my area was "economically depressed "
>average household made $24k
>>
>>29860475
I'm already able to hit the 5 mile target, thank you zombie run, the interval training is a good idea though.
>>
I have a stable career and make decent money in supply chain management. How viable is joining the navy reserve or similar at 27/28ish?
>>
>>29861407

Could you join? Probably, you're well under the age limit. Would you get anything worthwhile out of it? Depends what your expectations are.
>>
>>29856083
>>29853878
>>
does anyone want to help me fill out my army application?
i'm stuck on the part that asks for my ethnicity, race is white and i'm not hispanic.
>>
>>29861732
Put down asian
>>
>>29861779
be serious, i'm of european decent.

also, i'm male, what do i put as my last menstrual cycle?
>>
>>29861797
>>29861732
i bet you thought you'd get a lot of keks for these. here's a (You) for you
>>
>>29861407

Yes. Navy cuts off at 35. Reserve tends to be less strict on age preferences (young bucks are preferred for obvious reasons).

Aside from losing your weekends/thursdays/fridays once a month...
>>
>>29861923
well, i was hoping to get a legit answer for both.
do i leave the parts that don't apply to me blank?
do i put non hispanic as my ethnicity?
>>
>>29861958
Did you need a waiver for the asvab?
>>
>>29861968
yes, ged and 2 arrests(all charges dropped)
>>
>>29861968
fuck i was going to ask the same thing
>>
>>29862004
>>29861977
my brother died while in the NG but in a car crash off duty.
do i put "yes" for relative died while serving?
>>
>>29862057
put on a trip so i can filter you
>>
>>29862073
>>
>>29854104
Army is harder but it's only as hard as you make out to be, I can't really say for life afterwards as I'm Guard so I get to go home and shit
>>
>>29857907
What's your MOS?
>>
>>29862176
11x.
>>
Anyone going to Sill late May/early June?
>>
for the bed wetting since 12 question, does pissing yourself after getting blackout drunk count?
>>
>>29862195
Ha-ha nice I already went last year as a 11c, so as a heads up if most of the people in your company or platoon are 11b or 11c that's what your going to be. Happened to my platoon, all the xrays were real pissed to find out they were charlies
>>
>>29862219

Every time?

Or just some of the time?

I'd say no because you're basically under the effects of a heavy sedative when black out drunk.
>>
>>29862364
dude, why are you helping this fuck?

>wanting literal retards watching your back
>>
>>29862237
Is it so bad as a C?
>>
>>29862219
You're dedicated
>>
>>29862403
I don't think so, I actually enjoy my job, or at least for the time being, the ones who were complaining wanted to be bravos and be all gun ho. I'm just telling you now so you don't get so disappointed like those guys
>>
>>29862378

Nigga I'm just a civilian with some military knowledge from friends and knowing recruiters as well as a couple of liaisons at MEPS; I'm not ever picking up a rifle in the battlefield due to being ineligible because of an injury.
>>
>>29862478
well we don't want him watching our backs. he's an obvious(ly bad) troll, don't feed him
>>
>>29862378
calm down, tardo, i'm no where near the dumbest person applying.
i got an 80 on my practice test(shit, i know) but another retard got a 46 and he got in.
>>
so i need 3-4 references that aren't family and have known me for 10yrs, what do i do if i don't have any?
>>
>>29862836
hey its me
>>
>>29862857
hey, what if i don't have any friends. i mean, i work and meet people but i'm mostly a loner.
>>
>>29862836
get on Facebook and find a friend from a few years ago. ask your mom and dad for a family friend. an old teacher. your babysitter. some homeless man you paid $20. unless you're getting TS/SCI i highly doubt it even matters

>unless its the hilarious memer from before asking about his race and bedwetting
>that guy should just leave all his references blank
>>
>>29862908
it is me, i just want to go at this alone. i don't want anyone to know i'm going into the military, hell, i'm just gonna tell people that i'm gonna live in the woods.
>>
>>29862882
i had this issue too
i did this
>>29862908
>>
>>29862963
i'll just put my neighbors, i've been living in the same house for 15yrs.

thanks man
>>
It's good to be proud of your service. But don't be THAT guy. You know who I'm talking about, wearing the stupidly loud shirts that they KILL EM ALL and the like, wearing your ID tags outside of your shirt in civvies, carrying your assault pack everywhere, etc. I had to travel in uniform today and as I got on the plane some guy saw me and said "US Army, thank you for yo..." A marine sitting next to him cut him off and said "OH I WAS IN THE MARINES ACHTUALLY..." This faggot would literally not stop talking about his 3 years and soaking up every sliver of attention anyone would toss his way. Don't be that guy. Be a quiet professional.
>>
>>29863035
>wearing your tags outside of your civi shirt
People still do this? I personally haven't seen it but I'd imagine it would be extremely cringeworthy
>>
>>29863035
yeah that shit makes me cringe, i will wear my uniform as little as possible

>cuz I'm proud to beee an americaaan
>thank you for your service
>y-you too
>>
> not wearing your uniforms as much as possible

Lmao pussy
>>
>>29863276
well if it gets me pussy, I'll wear it all the time
>>
Anyone know how long security clearances are taking to get adjudicated right now? Can't get my date moved up till then
>>
>>29863370

My friend got the equivalent of a TS clearance check done on him within a relatively short time last month.
>>
Whats better, having a mos that will get you a top secret clearance like 35 series or having a mos that will teach you a skill/trade (91e,12 series) for future civilian careers?
>>
>>29863715
manual labor is fun when you're in your teens, early twenties, maybe move up a little but still get your hands dirty in your late twenties.
but it does damage to your back, knees, neck and feet. its easier to get hurt in a shop or in the field. there's usually a cap or limit to promotions, positions and raises.
just my experience
>>
>>29863715

Depends on what you want to do either career wise or when you get out of the service. If you want to work a normal job then you might get an MOS/Rate/AFSC that qualifies you for an applicable skill. If you want to be a private contractor, or do other forms of government work after you get your bachelor's degree via the GI bill, then maybe a relevant job like intelligence and it's accompanying clearance would be better.
>>
>>29863844
>>29863791
I have no idea what i want to do after i finish my senior year of high school. I'm joining to figure out what i do and don't like. Is that a good idea or just a waste of time?
>>
>>29863602
A ts takes like half a year
>>
>>29863983
you can
>work entry-level shit somewhere
>try out college
>enlist

all are perfectly acceptable choices. you can even work and get some college classes out of the way then join with rank. or go to college and do reserves
>>
>>29863715

Trade skills are going to more immediately transition to a job when you get out, but intel prepares you much better for a white-collar career (along with a degree).
>>
>>29863983
If you know exactly what interests you then I'd say go get a degree, if not then go work or enlist in whatever mos you want. You get your college paid for and get something to put on your resume that looks attractive to a lot of employers.
>>
>>29860033
Qt Twink fuccboi here

Will I really get "mentorship" if I join the Navy ;)))
>>
Can I pin up my Shimakaze poster on my rack?
>>
Hey anons, I have a question/scenario I could use some advice on. So my friend signed a contract in jan with the army for 35F with loan repayment option, because they were going to be finished with their degree a week before they would ship. Well it turns out the uni fucked up their course tracking and they need to do one more class to earn the degree. The recruiters are obviously pressuring friend to just ship, or quit DEP with a derogatory mark which may or may not affect friend when they try to enlist again after completing the class this fall.

Summer courses are out of the question, there is only one class offered at the uni and the professor wont let anyone else in (we tried).

I am a vet, so I have vague knowledge about recruiter shit. But, I am pretty sure the derogatory mark will be non issue, and can more than likely be waivered since its a valid excuse. Not joining because only one class away from degree completion. If friend did ship with contract, loan repayment bonus would be gone (50k), would have to wait two years to get E4 pay.

What do you anons think? Are there negatives to quitting DEP?

I am of the opinion that friend should finish the course, and enlist later. Starting out as an E4 in 9 months with loan repayment VS starting out as an E3 waiting 2 years for E4 and no loan repayment.

additional info:
Friend is pt stud and scored 86 qt so can apply to most jobs.

TLDR
>Friend cant ship anymore due to college shenanigans, has one class left for degree which cannot be taken until fall semester
>recruiters doing what recruiters do
>should friend quit dep, try and extend, ship, etc...
>>
>>29864830
cont

forgot to mention friend isnt going officer because GPA isnt high enough (2.7)
>>
>>29864830

DEP drops don't matter, but SLRP has been hard to find lately. If he kills this contract he may not be able to get it again.

Two years of E-4 pay instead of E-3 pay adds up, and it'd help him get E-5 faster.

I'd say just eat the drop, but don't bitch if loan repayment isn't available when he tries again.

>>29864841

This is a dumb reason to not commission. If he wants to commission he should get his GPA up and do that. Enlisting can be a good choice regardless of your GPA, but working with dudes who really don't want to be there is the worst.
>>
>>29864830
Fuck the recruiter, I wouldn't ship if I was in the same situation
>>
>>29864912
they cant get their gpa up since it would be out of pocket to take extra classes out of the degree program, or retake classes.
>>
>>29864912
>he should get his GPA up
What do you expect the guy to do, waste another one or two years of time and money just for the chance to commission?
>>
>>29864938

Yeah, that's generally how college works, you pay money.
>>
>>29864979

Beats being the massive douchebag enlisted guy that doesn't want to be there and really wanted to commission.
>>
>>29864983
thats one of the reasons why friend is joining, because they barely scraped by the last couple of years.

>>29864986
I only mentioned they arent commisioning due to the gpa because I knew someone might ask why they arent going that route.

Ya it would be great going officer vs enlisted, but financially, enlisting would be the better option for friend due to the SLRP
>>
>>29865002

Your buddy's answer to that question should be "because I didn't want to do that" then.
>>
>>29865018
its not that they dont want to go officer, its that they definitly cant due to low gpa. And they cant raise their gpa due to high student loan and no money to pay out of pocket.

we tried to get friend to do officer in the beginning but the officer recruiter said their GPA was too low so the board wouldnt even look at them unless they were fluent in a target language or were in a medical field.
>>
Lads, what's better for staying in for 20 years, enlisted or officer in the US Army? That's one of my biggest concerns, and I know there's an up-or-out system.
>>
>>29865502
>what's a better career choice, making x amount of money for 20 years or making 3 times x amount of money for 20 years?
>>
>>29865614
I was just wondering about general wash out rate. Like, do you have to be exceptionally shitty to be washed out, or do you have to be exceptionally good to not be washed out? Does it differ enlisted/officer?
>>
>>29865626
There is no wash out rate....sort of

Yes, you do have to earn rank before a certain number of years. But, in general, as long as you can PT, not get a DUI more than once a year, and are generally not a fuck up during off duty hours, you can rack up enough promotion points every few years to rank up when you have to.

>this is an example for enlisted

Now for officer route, its gonna be a struggle, and youre not gonna make a lot of friends. Its gonna be competition after competition trying to get promoted depending on what job area you get into. Good luck if you end up artillery or air defense. Intel would be the fast track to O4.....maybe ordnance too if you do it right. The rest are gonna be you trying to sneak your way into extra schools in order to boost your ORB for promotions.
>>
>>29865502

Officer is far better if you want to make a career out of it, but keep in mind that the vast majority of people don't make it to retirement. Not because they are forced out, but because they decide it isn't worth it and they'd rather be civilians.
>>
>>29865752
Most upper enlisted jobs are nothing more than secretary roles, so most men leave as soon as deployments dry up
>>
File: oberyn.png (1MB, 848x900px) Image search: [Google]
oberyn.png
1MB, 848x900px
>be eastern yuropoor from hungary
>on a pointless college degree, 1 year left
>no idea what to do
>no real reason to stay here
>would join local army, but it's a joke
>mfw

can a yuropoor somehow join the US Military?
I know you need a greencard to even enlist, and you need to have actual citizenship to be even considered for an officer
>>
Any Aussies here?
>>
hey guys, just had my Defence interview today
Everything was pretty straight forward, saw the doc, then the psyc, got passes from both
then got to the defence force interviewer, was asked a few questions about my role and how much i knew about it, before being asked to wait outside for a few minues
Unfortunately my application was declined, the advice given was just to go spend a year in the SES and then come back after that
Is this common? I'd still love to serve but i have to either pick college or just wait, and i cant just spend a year on my ass just to get declined again
>>
>>29860185

Is that a pistol she's pointing at her uterus?
>>
gonna take the asvab on Tuesday, what's the best study guide out there?
i want to get a really high score.
>>
>>29866658
i think she has her rifle leaning into her torso while she's trying to clear her pistol. either way, she has two of her own weapons pointed at herself, in front of some important brass, during Ranger school (iirc).
>what would happen to a male soldier for doing anything half as fucked as her

>>29867173
YouTube ASVAB . i bought KAPLAN ASVAB STUDY GUIDE 2016, and its great, but a little unnecessary desu
>>
>>29864830

Two words: klep test.
>>
>>29867443
Kollege Level Examination Program?

Also, CLEPs are amazing at getting bullshit general ed done without taking an entire course. They're completely useless if you need a specific (presumably 400-level) major course to finish your senior year.
>>
>>29867236
That's not ranger school you toolbox, it's some medical unit being extra retarded during training.
>>
>>29867863
its officers going through ranger school
>toolbox
>>
>>29866331
enlisting nets you citizenship, bruh.

I don't know how you'd get a green card though
>>
>>29851001
After your service is done, do veterans get like perks that civilians don't get? Like can I own a tank for self defense in Southern California? I want to start like a gun club but for tanks
>>
>>29868244
yes, you keep all grenades, tanks, humvees and rifles when you get out
>>
>>29851082
Grandfather did that too. Chopper pilot in Korea, got out did maintenance on airliners then became a pilot for Northeast, then Delta after the merger.
>>
>>29867888
Wearing a MEDCOM patch? No. Just... no.
>>
>2 or 3 years ago
>Air Force recruiter calls me to set up appointment
>Gets name, address, all basic personal info
>Asks if I have done drugs
>in my infinite wisdom I decided to be honest instead of just lying
>Tells me they have no tolerance rule tough shit
What are the chances he threw away or deleted whatever he wrote down my basic info on? I want to call again but Im afraid my name and info is already written down somewhere
>>
It isn't.
I processed through MEPS entirely 2 years ago. I fucked a bunch of stuff up, and last week I went into the SAME office.
I leave for basic in a couple of months.
Good luck.
If you're extra paranoid, call a different Air Force office.
>>
>>29869577
>>29869615
>>
So this is what being in the U.S. Navy SEALs' DEVGRU gets you.

Why didn't you save him, /k/?
>>
>>29870038
JUST
>>
>>29869577
Call the same place see if there's different people there, if not just call a different office. The recruiter must have been new or something if he actually said no you can't join because of drug use.
>>
>>29870063
Most of the Air Force uses cocaine daily
http://abc13.com/news/air-force-probes-cocaine-use-at-nuclear-missile-base/1251840/

Not like they are doing anything else
>>
>>29870073
>most of the air force
>article about one group of people in one base

Anyway I was talking about drug use before joining the military, plenty of people admit to it even if they never got caught doing it and get waivers for it.
>>
File: army officer.jpg (222KB, 1035x1213px) Image search: [Google]
army officer.jpg
222KB, 1035x1213px
Remember the Army core values
Loyalty, Duty, Respect, Selfless Service, Honor, Integrity, and Personal Courage

They spell out LDRSHIP

Inspiring
>>
>>29870553
integrity first
service before self
excellence in all we do
>>
>>29870553
>>29870590
>Needing silly slogans to reinforce behavior

Is the military admitting that they are children?
>>
>>29870553
I'm also doing my future soldier modules. i have 3 to go
>>
File: salute.jpg (36KB, 450x350px) Image search: [Google]
salute.jpg
36KB, 450x350px
This is from an official military document on "How to render a salute to a superior".

>Depending on the situation, it is appropriate to accompany your salute with a "‘Good morning,’ ‘Good afternoon,’ or ‘Good evening, sir or ma’am". In the Navy and Coast Guard, officers below the rank of Commander (O-5) are usually addressed as “mister” or “miss.” Officers who are at the rank of Commander or above are usually addressed by their rank e.g. “Good Morning Commander Jones” or “Good afternoon General Smith.” You can never go wrong by using “Sir” or “Ma’am,” but addressing a senior officer by their proper title is a nice touch.
Salutes are usually rendered between 6 and 30 paces. If you are running, you should slow down to a walk prior to saluting. If you are standing, you should face the individual to be saluted, come to the position of attention, and then render a hand salute. Salutes are also exchanged when two members first meet and again when the conversation is completed just prior to departing.
>When overtaking an officer who is senior to you, tradition dictates that you must render a hand salute and say “By your leave sir or ma’am.” The officer who is senior should return your salute and say “Carry-on.” You may then drop your salute and proceed.

I hope you are doing all of these things. Otherwise, you have brought great shame on your military
>>
>>29871002
I remember my training book said to call warrant officers mister and miss. And master sergeants "sergeant."

And then I learned the correct thing at my first duty station. warrant officers = officers in regards to greetings and such. And always call a master sergeant, master sergeant out of respect.
>>
I hope you are adhering to these rules, /k/.

>When riding in a car with other uniformed service members, the junior ranking enlisted members and officers enter first so the senior officer may enter last. If there are three persons traveling, the junior person will take the middle seat. The place of honor is always to the right, so the senior person will sit on the right. This also holds true if you are walking with two or more people (the senior person is always on the right). The junior member is responsible for lining-up on the correct side of the senior member (to the left). When disembarking the vehicle, the senior person gets out first followed by the next in rank and so on.

If you are no adhering to these regulations, you bring shame among your fellow service members and military.
>>
>>29871205
>>29871002
who actually does this? how many officers get fanny flustered over this kind of shit?
>>
>>29871355
Join and find out
>>
>>29867236

IIRC, even in the POGiest unit ever, pointing your weapon at yourself is one think any officer, NCO, or what have you will tear you a new asshole for.
>>
>be me
>enlist in Navy as E3
>finish boot camp a few weeks ago
>been at sub school since
>next LES's pay has magically increased by ~$225

What is this sorcery?
>>
>>29872141
I'm enlisting as an E2 into the Navy after 2 years of Sea Cadets. How "easy" would you say it is to get bumped up to an E3 during boot?
>>
>>29872183

If it's anything like Marine corps, you basically have to be the 'top' recruit.

Unless your MOS school is short, though, you'll probably get the promotion around graduation from that.
>>
>>29872183
Shouldn't be too hard. Just do well on your PFAs and the tests.

I think you get advanced automatically if you pass your first PFA and the DEP quiz, but that might just be E1->E2.

Otherwise, you have to be top 5% or so of the training group. That means outstanding PFA results and 4.8s on the tests.
>>
File: Archer.jpg (290KB, 1280x720px)
Archer.jpg
290KB, 1280x720px
Why does he make fun of the military enlisted so much?

Is this a hate crime in televised form?
>>
>>29872491
Because he's a private contractor dumbass. Just look at how much shit marines give the army.
>>
When trying to increase the number of push-ups and sit-ups you can do, is it better to do multiple sets, or to just try and do as many as you can at once?
>>
Military female trying to take down a SEAL

>A senior enlisted Navy SEAL is facing charges he raped, strangled and kidnapped a female sailor, Navy Times has learned.

Navy officials have refused to release the SEAL's name, although they provided a heavily redacted charge sheet indicating he is a chief special warfare operator assigned to Special Reconnaissance Team Two, Naval Special Warfare Group 10, at Joint Expeditionary Base Little Creek-Fort Story in Virginia.

A preliminary court proceeding, known in the military as an Article 32 hearing, was scheduled for Friday and later postponed, said David Todd, a spokesman for Navy Region Mid-Atlantic.

The charges stem from an alleged incident in February 2015, according to the sailor's charge sheet. He is accused of confining the woman against her will at a hotel in Shepherdsville, Kentucky, where he allegedly raped her as many as 12 times, the document says.

He also is charged with aggravated assault, battery and sexual harassment, according to his charge sheet, which indicates the SEAL allegedly strangled the woman, pinned her against a wall in a submission hold and called her a "stupid whore and piece of sh--, or words to that effect." The woman also told authorities she feared being "subjected to grievous bodily harm and kidnapping."

http://www.militarytimes.com/story/military/crime/2016/04/08/navy-seal-rape-case/82755146/
>>
>>29873108
And he just let her go freely after kidnapping and raping her 12 times?

People believe this shit?
>>
>>29873128
Female enlisted (all ranks) outrank male enlisted in the same way all officers (even a 2LT) outranks an E9

He put himself in that position. So he's fucked.
>>
>>29871355
Pretty much none. Most officers dodge salutes just as much as enlisted when they can.
>>
>>29873090

If you aren't doing them until they suck, you're not going to be increasing your maximum. That means you can try to do them until you burn out, or do them in sets with short rests until they start to suck.
>>
>>29873108
Grade AAA bullshit
>>
>>29873251
SNCOs obsess over it. But thats because they don't have real jobs.
>>
ok this has probly been asked a thousand times but should I go army or marines? still have a few years to think but I'm defiantly going infantry any one have experiance as 11b or 0311?
>>
>>29871355
Nobody does this, except for walking with the most senior person on the right. That is an actual thing. It makes salutes easier because you don't have to check every single person's rank if you're approaching a group.

Marines, for whatever reason, seem to salute from stupidly far away. Six-ish paces, or about the same distance you normally greet someone, is the Army norm. It's just fucking weird if you salute from far away.
>>
>>29873545
Marines so you dont have to deal with getting bullied by them
>>
>>29873573
lol ok I was leaning towards marines any ways I think it would be cool to eventually go scout sniper
>>
Does /meg/ know anything about 25S sat comms?

Think about going blue to green for reasons.
>>
>>29873548
>from far away
Literally know one with an actual job cares.

And the farther away you salute, the less time you need to spend occupied with a random officer's position. You are a time waster.
>>
Being a sailor sounds really interesting.

Putting all branch dogma aside, can any sailors give me a few details or some insight about Navy life both part time/full time?
>>
>>29873647
Officer or enlisted corps?
>>
>>29873661
Enlisted. Ideally nothing too technical, something in a support or logistics role.
>>
>>29873644
Saluting from 30 paces isn't going to teleport you to the other side of me. We're just going to have to make awkward eye contact the whole time like we want to fuck.
>>
>>29873753
>We're just going to have to make awkward eye contact
Not really. Now that Marine can move onto the next possible officer behind the first "already saluted" officer.
>>
>>29873793
I always travel in officer conga lines.
>>
Anyone know anything about MEPS using a measuring tape on your waste? I'm 6ft and 280lbs.
(ib4 Fatty work out/loose weight down from 320lb)
>>
>>29851001
I have no highschool diploma, a GED, a few college credits, an expunged petty theft on my record, might have tinnitus, and got a 91 on the ASVAB. Am I fucked? [spoiler]I want to fly jets, if that is at all within the realm of possibility.
>>
>>29851001
does the army take you if you don't have a GED I was told they give you one.
I also was wondering how I could get rid of scars.
>>
>>29872491
Because he flunked out and has to get his mom to say he's a gay wad.
Way to be a shitty contractor archer.
>>
>>29873128
This shit right here to the maximum.
>>29873137
And what the fuck?
>>
>>29873753
this is my fear
>>29873793
brings up a good point. what if there are several officers together? salute the higher rank? if I'm on lunch at a Mexican restaurant, and for some reason a colonel walks in, do i put my burrito down and stand and salute?

what if an Air Force officer walks in and I don't salute him, what could theoretically happen to me? what would actually happen?
>>
>>29874511

If it's actually a group of officers, you aim your salute at the highest ranking and greet them as a group ("Good afternoon, gentlemen"). If there are just multiple officers passing, you salute/greet them individually.

You don't salute indoors (with a few exceptions). You do salute across different branches and even foreign officers.

If you don't salute an officer when you should've, 90 % of the time it'll just be awkward, 10 % of the time you'll get a minor chewing out.

Apart from a few exceptions, you don't salute indoors.
>>
>>29874331
>>29874361

You need a GED + a semester of college to be equal to someone with a High School diploma, according to the Army. You can sometimes get in with just a GED, but not always.
>>
>>29874300
You're fucked.
>>
>>29874539
ok, got it. my future soldier module on rank didn't go over this subject too well. I'm sure my DS will rectify this lapse in knowledge
>>
>>29873545
>defiantly
Marines.
>>
>>29874300
you're about 80 lbs overweight, senpai. you'll get taped, and by some miracle you pass, they'll still delay you until you lose weight. they did this to some kid who was 40 lbs overweight when i was at MEPS

>I'm 204.5 at MEPS
>max for my height is 218
>they still want me to be 5 lbs lighter before i ship
>>
>>29874643
>they still want me to be 5 lbs lighter before i ship
Why?
>>
>>29874643
Thanks 29874643-kun. I figured I was still shit out of luck. But at least its only 80lbs and not 110lbs
>>
>>29851559
Anyone
>>
>>29851001
Can I bring my manga to marine boot camp?
>>
>>29874748
they said they want recruits to be 5 lbs less than what they weighed at MEPS. i have no idea, but i haven't lost any weight and i ship in 16 days
>>
>>29874778
Yes
>>
>>29874555
Got a link to that my aunt was a marine in the 70s and she says I don't need a GED they will give me one.
>>
>>29874873
not anymore. GED + 14 credits.
>link is Google
>its not the 70s anymore
>>
how did you guys stay in shape during AIT? are there Group/Ranger liaisons/recruiters at most bases? can any MOS PT with them?
i remember a while back some intel anon said while he was a huachuca he PTd with a Ranger instead of normal PT with his classmates, can anyone else verify this?
>>
>>29875121

You do PT every day you fucking faggot.
>>
>>29874976
14 credits to what collage.
The whole fucking point was joking to go to collage.
Now what the fuck do I do.
Sad now
>>
>>29875144
i want to do more than the minimum, is what i was saying
>t-thanks
>>
>>29875182
take GED test, go to community collEge, take a few classes, enlist
>>
>>29874976
>>29874873

You don't need college credits.
Get a GED, then pass the ASVAB above the 50th percentile and you're good to go.
>>
File: image.jpg (51KB, 600x582px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51KB, 600x582px
88M here stationed in Germany but currently forward deployed. Ask me anything mateys.
>>
>>29876129
Why did you pick that job? Recruiters tried to push it on me, but damn.
>>
>>29876129
How has Germany been?
>>
>>29874594
No, you really won't have many/any interactions with officers in basic.

A lot of it is unwritten stuff that you'll pick up over time. It's really not a huge deal so long as you're not blatantly being retarded or an asshole.
>>
>>29876248
Germanys nice. Alot of cool historic places. Registering a car on post is a nightmare especially if buying from a german, but the train system here is amazing. Also >Euro

>>29876139
Because i like driving. Its pretty sham. Everyone hates mechancs and MPs and cooks and shit, but people seem to like the truckers.
>>
>>29876285
If you own it, you own it.
I couldn't drive for a living. Not for that kind of pay.
How's promotion work for you?
What's a normal week look like?
>>
File: be quiet SJW.jpg (53KB, 490x615px) Image search: [Google]
be quiet SJW.jpg
53KB, 490x615px
>The military received more than 6,000 reports of sexual assaults last year, but only a small fraction, about 250, led to a court-martial and conviction for a related crime, according to a new Pentagon report.

>Released Thursday, the Pentagon’s annual report on military sexual assaults shows that about 4 percent of sexual assault complaints led to a conviction.

What did they mean by this?

http://www.militarytimes.com/story/veterans/2016/05/05/military-sexual-assault-complaints-result-few-convictions/83980218/
>>
>>29878071
YFW someone ITT who plans on joining the military will have their entire public record ruined by a woman in less than 5 years.

Enjoy your military experience.
>>
>>29878071
>>
>>29876365
Same as the rest of the army,

First four are automatic. Our points for E5 fluctuate. A few months ago they were 34. Now there at such and such hundred. An average week for me consists of ammo missions mostly. But it depends on what unit your in.
>>
Dishonorable discharge is the equivalent of a felony and will remain on your permanent record.

Pic related was dishonorably discharged for body slamming an Afghan Pashtun in the midst of raping a small child.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/oct/21/charles-martland-green-beret-discharged-for-confro/?page=all
http://www.stripes.com/news/army/green-beret-compares-us-military-inaction-in-afghan-rapes-to-penn-state-scandal-1.372337
>>
>>29878131
Don't do it in front of an officer... Duh.

My squad beat the fuck out of child molesters in Afghanistan. Pretty sure we crippled one guy.
>>
i ship out in about 2 weeks, and have been running a lot. a few days ago i twisted my ankle or something. I've done the standard RICE method, but it still hurts. I'm on day 3 of no running, sucks
what if i don't get better by ship date? what if i twist it or injure it again when i get there?
>>
>>29878345
In the Marines they put you in Fat Body platoon and PT your ass until you can meet the minimum standards for training.

So the Army probably does something similar. Maybe a bit nicer.
>>
>>29878358
>hurt
>PT your ass

so either way my ankle will hurt, might as well try to suffer through it?
>>
>>29878375
Well you'd get a medical pass if your ankle is legit fucked. But then when it heals you'd have to meet the standards.

Keep in mind this is the military. A doctor or corpsman/medic whatever will determine if your ankle is broke. "Mom it hurts" is not an excuse.
>>
>>29878388
so a twist or sprain isn't a legit excuse? i probably won't say anything and just fuck myself on the afpt tests
>>
>>29874361
No
>>
>>29878131

1. No he wasn't, it was decided that he wouldn't be separated after the shitstorm.

2. It was never going to be a dishonorable. Dude was being downsized years later because the Army was kicking out people with less than perfect records to save money. It wasn't an immediate reaction to anything.
>>
So how does actually joining AFROTC work?

I'm not interested in the scholarship, I'm transferring to a 4 year college next semester (I have already been accepted), and I only have 12 credits. I've tried calling their office several times, no one picks up, and I emailed the detachment and I got what I assume was a very automated response that actually didn't answer my question.

All of the shit I see on the AFROTC website relates in some way the scholarship, I don't care about that, I just want to get into the program and compete for a field training spot.
>>
buy running shoes before basic or no? i heard the selection they have there fucking sucks, especially if you have big feet (size 14)
>>
How often are penis inspection days?

During an average military career, how often does another man gaze deeply into your dickhole?
>>
>>29879748

Most drug testing is randomized. I usually get it 3-5 times a year. If you actually piss hot and they let you stay in the military, you have to test constantly.
>>
>>29879777
does it go to a lab or is it one of those quick dip cups?
>>
>>29879777
lol what unit are you in i need to talk to your SACO
>>
>>29879853
follow up question, can they see if you're using steroids? it would seem like that would be a specialized test (or a blood test)
>>
>>29879853

Goes to a lab.

>>29879864

I'm going to guess that is some kind of weird Marine initialism. The Army has UPLs.
>>
>>29878345
This is why we tell people not to try to be heroes in the weeks before they ship.
>>
>>29879949

They can test for steroids with urine, but they usually don't bother unless there's suspicion.
>>
>>29879965
Fat fingered trip
>>
>>29879949
Expect most steroids to be detectable in a urine sample. If you're on roids, they can spot it.

I have no idea whether or not they actually run the tests for them though.
>>
>>29879777
No. Commanders descretion. Saw at least 6 minority warriors instantly get the boot for THC Hot in my unit. Spc promotables with no prior ucmj
>>
>>29879965
I've got it on ice and compressed and elevated, excedrine an hour ago. like i said, third day no run. when i feel better I'll just go maybe 50-75%, but for distance instead of speed. I'll stick to the dirt track instead of the road and trail. i bought a lung endurance breathing thing, i've been using that to build my lung capacity

but you're right, i listened to /fit/. they told me to incorporate 400m sprints into my run, and surprise surprise, i was fucked a day or 2 after i did 8 sets of sprints. lesson learned
>>
>>29880004

No what? I never said anything about who got to decide whether or not you'll be kicked out.

People usually get the boot around here because it's 100 % cleared work. Popping hot on a piss test means immediate suspension of clearance which means you can't even into the HQ building anymore. Apart from sweeping the barracks, there's literally nowhere you can be gainfully employed.
>>
>>29879999
>>29879983
considering the body naturally produces testosterone, i wonder how that works
>>
>>29880037
Honestly I wouldn't run on it at all until basic.

4 or 5 low intensity runs are not going to make a difference for your PT.
>>
>>29879590
I thought you pretty much had to use what they gave you.
>>
>>29879590
>>29880218

Army side, this varies from platoon to platoon in BCT. Some Drill Sergeants may be cool with any conservative running shoes that are in good shape, some may make you spend $80 on new shoes even if you show up with the exact same brand they make you buy.

Feel free to bring your own, but expect to have to buy whatever they're selling.
>>
>>29880213
damn i really wanted to try and get my 2 mile time down. oh well, you're probably right, sir
>>
>>29880235
yeah the ones i have are neon blue and yellow, so i was going to get some new white ones. i don't want to buy the shit kmart brand ones at the PX if i don't have to
my packing list says shower shoes as well, can i just use my nike flipflops/sandals?
>>
>>29880303
Same deal. Odds are they make you drop the $5 on the cheapo PX shower shoes.
>>
>>29880619
ok so i wont bring those. I'm going to try and get away with the running shoes though. too much of a gamble, i think. I'll need good ones for 9 weeks, not whatever bullshit they have in my size
>>
>>29875230
Currently at 68w ait. We do PT 5 days of the week, minus the one or two thunderstorms a week that cancel it (thank you dumbass TRADOC rules). The PT is incredibly easy and more for esperit de corps purpose than actually working out. I ended up working out every night in my room (pushups, situps, crunches, planks, russian twists, etc) from the time i got here to the record pt test (about 6 weeks) and went up from 268 on my final PT test in basic to 310. You just need to work out on your own and if there is a gym, use it!
>>
>>29881509
good to hear, thanks doc

do they still use that extended score or is that "unofficial"
>>
>>29881951
>>29881951
>>29881951
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.