[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Canada General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 55

File: 1445289035483.jpg (377KB, 1900x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1445289035483.jpg
377KB, 1900x1000px
Pastebin(Updated 4/6): http://pastebin.com/EZCrqG5n

Current news:
>AR-15 Petiton draft submitted to parlament, Cutoff May 7. 24.5k and counting.
http://www.e111.ca
>Petition to add property rights to the charter. Cutoff May 13. 4.3k and counting.
https://petitions.parl.gc.ca/en/Petition/Details?Petition=e-124
>Bill C-230 An Act to amend the Criminal Code (firearm — definition of variant) Status: Introduced
http://www.parl.gc.ca/LegisInfo/BillDetails.aspx?Language=E&Mode=1&billId=8111356
>Bill C-246 Modernizing Animal Protections Act(Hunting - More strict measures against hunters/trappers) Status: Introduced
http://www.parl.gc.ca/legisinfo/BillDetails.aspx?Language=E&Mode=1&billId=8122718
>Bill S-223 An Act to amend the Firearms Act and the Criminal Code Status: Dead unless someone re-sponsors it.
http://www.parl.gc.ca/LegisInfo/BillDetails.aspx?Language=E&Mode=1&billId=8177186
>Quebec LGR petition has wrapped up with a reported 58k signatures (42k digital). Public hearings on the bill ended April 19.

>Troy Par pump action AR-15 style rifle classified NR
5.56 is the only model with a classification but other calibers may follow .300blk, 308win, .243win, .338fed, 7mm-08rem
5.56 with 16" barrel standard (US models have a welded on muzzle brake)
Not compatible with other Uppers/Lowers
No buffer tube / Unique BCG
Not slamfireable
Looks like trigger is AR-15 compatible
Takes AR-15 barrels (May require the gas port to be welded)
Price is around 950USD

>P&D Ent.(Edmonton) are offering free 6months storage for any firearms to bros affected by the wildfires.
>>
>bill 556 NATO dead
Thank you God
>>
>>29845413
>takes AR barrels
>turn it into an "SBR" but its okay because its a pump action
My dick.
>>
>>29845819
It all depends on the stock. It comes with a folding stock and it still falls under the fire-able 26"OAL requirements.
If you pin the folder open, put a fixed or collapsible non-folding stock on I'm estimating you could easily put a 10" barrel on and keep the 26" OAL
>>
>725$ for a 20" heavy barrel with 1:9 twist from Alberta Tactical and 2-3 month wait

Lmaoing@mylife
>>
What are the best US stores to buy from as a Canadian?
>>
>>29845440
Not guaranteed, there's a 15 day period between Payette's retirement and the true death of the bill when it's possible for another Senator to sponsor it, but it's unlikely.
>>
Hi Canafags. I have a little question on laws. So I'm a non-resident in Canada and I saw two laws :
- You can, after passing an exam, get a firearm license (roughly)
- A non-resident can ask for a permit to use and owns firearms. This permit is valable for 60 days.
My question is : As a non-resident, must I ask for a permit every 2 month or can I have the "exam"?
>>
>>29848147
If you take the course (takes up a weekend) you can apply for the same 5 year license that the rest of us have. The only thing extra you need to apply for a license is a letter from your most local cops saying you are a man of good standing (basically you haven't committed any crimes, you aren't a hooligan).
>>
File: Capture.png (28KB, 495x305px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
28KB, 495x305px
Good news everyone!
>>
File: 1462415275542.png (23KB, 630x610px) Image search: [Google]
1462415275542.png
23KB, 630x610px
>>
So if I live in Ontario can I be a member of a club in another province and use that as my membership to purchase restricted firearms>?
>>
>>29849328
they never asked for my club membership
>>
>>29848862
Ok thanks, so the 2 month permit is just for a temporary solution I guess?
>>
my rpal (and myself) is comming any day now (just got off de phone wit the RCMP)
what should i fingerfuck ? Im thinking a TT
>>
is this worth it?
i got mosi already

http://www.bullseyelondon.com/russian-captured-wwii-german-k98-mauser-8mm-mauser-canada.html
>>
>>29850056
$750 seems a bit steep for a Russian Capture, but I guess prices have been going up pretty fast. If I was paying that much I'd want to inspect it first, and I'd want it to be something a bit more special- like a JP Sauer made one or a late-war Mauser Oberndorf.
>>
>>29849655
It's pretty much for Americans who come up here to hunt once a year.
>>
>>29846895
Yeah they can get bent charging that much.
>>
>>29849310
Trudeau may be a fucking idiot but even he wouldn't be stupid enough to try thing shit, most libs realize this bill would only be met with massive resistance and non-compliance.
>>
I know there were a bunch of Enfields at the Calgary Gun show, but online the great drought continues. At the moment I can find as many Ross Rifles online as Enfields (at Canadian sites).
>>
File: image.jpg (16KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16KB, 225x225px
Somebody either wants my Skorp or NAA Mini for an SVT and 3 spam cans. Worth it?
>>
>>29850656
SVT's are going up in price, but they aren't that rare. I'd hold off unless you really want to swap your gun. SVT's are a lot of fun though, definately get one someday.
>>
What is the legality of clearing crown land? My parents have a rural property surrounded by crown land, and I wanted to make a 100m range for myself. I was just going to clear like a 5 or 6x100m area of forest to make a nice little shooting lane but I'm not sure if it's legal to do that on crown land. Our property is too small to have it there unless I want to shoot directly down the road.
>>
>>29850918
Without a proper permit it's not a good idea.
>>
>>29850918
If your in parkland County you're not opening a range on your property
>>
>>29850849
I think the Mini would be a fair trade if the SVT is in good shape. My only sentimental attachment to it is that my father gave me it, since he didn't want it after someone gave it to him. But otherwise it's my least favorite gun.
>>
>>29851034
>my Dad gave it to me
You'll regret it, guaranteed.
>>
>>29851046
Probably. Maybe I'll just tell him to sod off.
>>
>>29850966
>>29850918

Well I am in the middle of nowhere, I could probably get away with it if I put it maybe 20m or so into the bush parallel to the road. You wouldn't be able to see it unless you were looking for it and it would probably just look like a clearing from a distance.
>>
>>29850656
for a second there I thought you were trying to sell an unregistered prohibited handgun on an anonymous animango image board, and was going to accuse you of being an RC

the trade is sort of worth it, if you don't have any use for either of the pistols and think you'd enjoy a second SVT more. it'll be more expensive to shoot, for sure.
>>
I need a camping gun, guys.

Every year me and a group of friends go camping in a fairly remote spot about two hours outside of Longview, inside Kananaski country. I think the summer before last, my buddy's boss was mauled and killed by a mother grizzly bear. Apparently he came between her and some cubs, ran out of ammunition and went for his knife before she killed him. The body was in such bad shape that my friend's father was only able to identify the guy by his boots and his rifle. Right now I have a .303, a .30-.30 lever action, a 12ga, 9x19 and a Ruger P90 in .45

Obviously I can't take handguns, but I'd like something with decent power, semi automatic, reliable and available in a common calibre. Budget is around $1200. Any recommendations?
>>
>>29851899
Browning bar in 30-06 or 300 win mag. Unfortunately theres not much choice in semi auto's that fit your description. (I'm ignoring .308win as I wouldn't trust it for charging grizzly)
>>
>>29851899
the HBAR could work, same for the modern FG-42

for griz I'd suggest 12 gauge slugs or .45-70. you can get a semi-auto 12 gauge and load 5 in the mag, one in the chamber and one in the loading gate
>>
>>29852304
Aren't those modern FG.42s like $3k or more? I didn't even know they were in the country.
How about the M305 as a camping gun? I was thinking about one myself, since I've shot them before and really enjoyed it. . 20+1 of .308 should be sufficient in bear country, right?
>>
>>29853286
6k for the FG.42 also riddled with problems and 10 or less in the country dunno wtf the anon is on about.
>>
>>29853286
M305 is heavy for a camp gun, 308 is kinda weak for grizzlies, mags are limited to 5 unless you want to run around with a prohibited device (10 if you can deal with $80 AIA mags which are totally worth the price IMO)
>>
A moment of silence for the firearms lost in the Fort McMurray hellfire.
>>
>>29853286
You would be suited fine with a pump shotgun, you don't need more than that unless you want to do target shooting while you're out there.
>>
>>29853401
>308 is weak for grizzlys
Are you retarded?
>>
>>29853836
Sure its good for hunting grizzlies where you have time to make a good shot but we are talking about grizzly defense in most cases that means 20-30ft and a few seconds not enough time for a well placed shot its always better to have a rifle that causes more damage in hopes of stopping it before it gets to you.
>>
File: 1406184299815.jpg (36KB, 499x325px) Image search: [Google]
1406184299815.jpg
36KB, 499x325px
>Never been able to find an SADF chest rig for under $80 because of exchange rate + shipping
At this point I might as well just give up any hope, I swear Canada is the worst fucking place to live for milsurp (excluding Russian guns) or cheap but good LBE gear.
>>
>>29853883
.308 is more than enough for even charging grizzlies.
>>
File: inferno.jpg (101KB, 728x432px) Image search: [Google]
inferno.jpg
101KB, 728x432px
random question:
I've been watching the firestorm coverage from Berta and among the cars on the roads, the footage of a bunch of RVs got me thinking -- what is the legal status of an RV or trailer home in Canada? is it considered a home, can it be registered as your residence or not and if any of the Berta bros have firearms safely locked away among other belongings in their RVs/trailers, is it considered storage or transportation?
>>
>>29854576
RV's are not considered a permanent residence. Trailers as in fixed trailers in trailer parks are I believe.
>>
File: Jeter.png (374KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
Jeter.png
374KB, 550x550px
>>29854576
>non res in RV
>don't have to lock it up because firearm is being "transported"
>>
File: 1460959626912.jpg (36KB, 580x435px) Image search: [Google]
1460959626912.jpg
36KB, 580x435px
>>29854628
I see, thanks

>>29854668
haha, what? is that actually how it is? don't dick me around senpai, I am a cucked city dweller who has never even been inside an RV so I will believe anything you tell me
>>
>>29854703
http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/fs-fd/storage-entreposage-eng.htm

Yeah of course.
>non res must be unloaded when transporting (can be visible so you can have it in the back/front seat of your car- this was intentionally done to help hunters)
>non res must be in the trunk or in a locked vehicle+out of sight when you leave your vehicle unattended

You don't have to carry that stupid impulse suicide protection cable lock/trigger lock with you when you travel with a non-restricted gun. It may get you hassled less by cops that don't understand the law so there's that to consider.
>>
File: new tax reform.jpg (253KB, 960x611px) Image search: [Google]
new tax reform.jpg
253KB, 960x611px
>>29854772
well, I get that it's basically a big car so transportation laws apply, but I assume you can't just go camping in an RV for a week in the forest and keep your NR unlocked laying around, and if someone notices it just go "uhh, it's being transported, I'm heading out in a few days". do you catch my meaning? what I'm saying is I though you might have stretched the term "transported" beyond what would be considered legitimate
>sir, you haven't been moving for a few days, ergo, are you transporting them by way of Earth's rotation around its axis?
>>
>>29854848

>If you are in a remote wilderness area and cannot lock your non-restricted firearms inside your vehicle, unload them and put them out of sight. Attach a secure locking device to the firearms UNLESS THEY ARE NEEDED FOR PREDATOR CONTROL.

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/fs-fd/wild-sauvage-eng.htm
SAFE STORAGE
>In a remote wilderness area, however, non-restricted firearms do not have to be made inoperable or locked up. They must be unloaded, but the ammunition can be kept handy.

If you are using your gun for predator control, the non restricted gun has to be unloaded but the ammo can be kept right next to the gun. The gun does not have to be locked up. The RCMP understands that Canadian wildlife can actually fuck people up real bad. If you are in the bush, you are legally allowed to keep your non-res handy in case of emergency even if it's being stored in your dwelling.

If you are sleeping in your RV in a parking lot of a mall and your non-res is unlocked I guess it's up to the cop to decide whether it's being stored or transported. Honestly, I would just use a cable lock in that case.
>>
File: captain canuck.jpg (283KB, 900x1366px) Image search: [Google]
captain canuck.jpg
283KB, 900x1366px
>>29854898
makes sense
this is more of a mental exercise than anything practical.
laws are interesting when it comes to these harder to define areas
>is it a home? is it a car? no, it's Superman!
>>
>guy selling colt 20" heavy barrel for 250$ on EE
>send him pm
>no response in two days

I feel like sending him another message and offering 300$ just to get his attention. I'm desperate.
>>
>>29855616
Don't. Click his user name and check last time online. He could have also sold it and is an asshole and ignoring his PM. It happens too frequently.
>>
Other than EE on gunnutz and GoC, where else can I go for private sales of firearms and firearms parts?
>>
>>29855905
Calibre has their own site but it sucks
Facebook shutdown most of the other decent ones
Reddit has one but it's reddit and naturally it sucks ass
The rest are scam central
>>
THE FIRE RISES
>>
>>29854898
>Honestly, I would just use a cable lock in that case.
Combo trigger locks, just leave it 1 number away from the combo so you can open it quicker if needed.
>>
>>29855616
We should really have some company just bring in a bunch of thicker 20" barrels.
>>
>>29850128
Ok, thanks for the infos
>>
>>29854848
>filename
>mfw
>>
>>29850438
He's not stupid. That's the most dangerous assumption you can make about a politician. He's not dumb, just a genius liar.
>>
File: angry kermit.png (17KB, 467x453px) Image search: [Google]
angry kermit.png
17KB, 467x453px
welp, another two packages lost by canpar

how can a company be such shit? how is this even possible?
>>
Apparently Pretty Boi is looking into gun control again.
https://news.vice.com/article/justin-trudeau-promises-new-gun-control-a-smaller-canadian-military-and-legal-weed
>>
File: 1462247730948.png (78KB, 249x250px) Image search: [Google]
1462247730948.png
78KB, 249x250px
>>29858409
>December 4, 2015
>>
>>29858409
i sincerely hope this is just rhetoric
>>
>>29858468
Are you serious? Come on anon! It's 2016!
>>
File: download.jpg (10KB, 337x150px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10KB, 337x150px
Alright so I'm looking at an Enfield (no4 hopefully) as my first gun,when I get back home.
And have enough money.
...And get my licence.

What's a good price to pay for one?
Where can I reliably find them for sale?
What are some years/manufacturers to look out for?
Where do you find inexpensive .303?
Am I a faggot for wanting this gun?
Dem clipz or one-at-a-time?
>>
File: image.jpg (938KB, 2056x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
938KB, 2056x1536px
>>29853401
Actually, archangel makes a 20-round mag for its Remington 700 PRS system that feeds in an M14 action
Sauce: I own three
>>
File: kek.png (173KB, 952x433px) Image search: [Google]
kek.png
173KB, 952x433px
Is the American government that fucking retarded? This is completely unenforceable and no one will follow it.
>>
>>29859219
Sporter? 200-300. Original condition? 600 would be the cheapest I've seen in a while. Expect to pay more if you find a fancy/rare model like a police carbine. If you want a Canadian one, Longbranch arsenal is the place to get it, but you'll probably pay a bit more for it. There isn't cheap .303 anymore, all the surplus, barring the occasional crate sitting in the back corner of someone's crawlspace, is all gone, expect to pay $1+ per round unless you reload. No you aren't a faggot they're nice rifles. Clips make it a bit faster to reload but it doesn't really matter.
>>
File: ITAR.png (131KB, 582x794px) Image search: [Google]
ITAR.png
131KB, 582x794px
>>29859444
i ordered some walther P1 mags from brownells and i had to fill out some ITAR paperwork saying the mags are only for me etc. the forms are a joke
>>
>>29859292
How do you get them to work mine suck ass and jam every 2-3 rounds.
>>
>>29859833
I am convinced it is some random bullshit the Americans made up so they can throw your ass in jail for no reason if you piss them off.
>>
anyone know of a place selling HK USP in .45?
>>
>>29859500
I'd like to get one in original condition since it's a fucking sexy rifle. Longbranch would be neat as well but doesn't matter as much, though I've heard they're pretty good quality as well. Guess I'll work extra to pay for it and ammo.
>>
>>29860416
I know I've seen them, but I can't think of where
HK45s seem to be all over though
>But 95% of them are in babyshit brown and green
>>
>>29860644
>HK45
yeah. do not want.

if you remember where you've seen a USP in .45 be sure to post.
>>
>>29851899
>Obviously I can't take handguns
Even if you could, it would do you no good.

Well, if it was a very powerful cartridge like 454 Casull, you might have a chance, but the problem with those kinds of handguns is that they're not that common or inexpensive. The only exception to this rarity and price are Taurus handguns, but then you'd have doubts about trusting your life with huehueshit.
>>
>>29859219
>Where can I reliably find them for sale?

Not all the time, but Collector's Source, Joe Salter and P&S Militaria have them regularly. Joe Salter actually gets a lot more Enfields, but they promptly ship them south to the States to get more money.

The other various stores get them in used from time to time.

>inexpensive .303

Canadian Tire and Walmart have it at roughly similar prices to the .30-06 on sale. Otherwise check out online stores like Ammosupply and Canadaammo.
>>
File: liberals.png (200KB, 1171x805px) Image search: [Google]
liberals.png
200KB, 1171x805px
>>29858409
1. Article is from December 2015
2. December 2015 was less than two months since the election, and one month since Trudeau was actually sworn in
3. The Liberal Party actually had a stance on firearms. For the most part, it's weak-ass shit, but it still technically qualifies as gun control.

Verdict: Meh, nothing new.
>>
>>29859444
Yes, the American government is that retarded.

>me
>bought a motorcycle from a dealership in SC
>the price was way below Canadian market value, even with all the import fees & taxes, how could I resist?
>salesman tells me that he needs to run me through an OFAC check
>because he needs to check that I'm not a terrorist
>I'm not a terrorist, so I pass that check
>not sure why a terrorist would want a 249cc street bike for beginners anyway
>then came the paperwork
>dear god
>one of them was this thing where I acknowledge that I cannot, under any circumstances whatsoever, bring my motorcycle back into the state of South Carolina
>lol ok
>not like I'll ever visit SC on a fucking 249cc motorcycle anyway
tl;dr a car dealership made sure that I wasn't a terrorist, and my bike is banned from touching South Carolina soil. Hooray bureaucracy!
>>
Assuming both are in the same shape, SVT or M305?
>>
>>29861427
SVT for the historical aspect. If it's in great shape, that's a bonus.
>>
>>29861090
OFAC check is probably rationalized as a measure to make financing of shady groups more difficult. The american gov is super suspicious about any kind of thing that can be used to store or move money. Remember how the miami drug dealers would buy boats 20 at a time?

I have no idea why they don't want the bike back in SC
>>
So let's say I buy a stripped lower receiver on EE but I'm not a member of a range or plan on being a member of a range any time soon, what would the process be once I do become a member? Do I need to store the weapon in a safe if they're in two different parts(lower separate from upper)?
>>
>>29863017
Lower needs to be in a safe, it's the "firearm". The process for becoming a member of a range is not any different.

Before you take you restricted guns to the range, double check with the CFC to make sure you have an ATT, because sometimes they don't automatically get added properly. Most cops won't slam you with "illegal" transport for missing an ATT to the range, but you don't want to be the guy that meets that one tryhard cop and goes to prison for no good reason.
>>
>>29854925
Not the anon you were talking with but I suspect similar cases have come up in the last 20 years so there should be case law to clarify things. I'm just far too lazy to look them up.
>>
>>29849320
The way things are going I wish we would be annexed.
>>
>>29853462
I had to leave behind my SKS, Tokarev, and my AR-15. Took my Nova with me.
>>
File: 12341341324.jpg (426KB, 1568x977px) Image search: [Google]
12341341324.jpg
426KB, 1568x977px
>>29863157
>There is basically no way to actually enforce the ATT law short of a cosmic anomaly where the officer is justified to search the car and find the gun
>There is no possible way to make sure proper storage laws are being followed, or prove in court that they weren't being followed after a home defense situation
Yup, these laws certainly are doing a wonderful job of protecting the public... Well, protecting their feelings at least.
>>
File: 1461709809366.jpg (442KB, 850x1676px) Image search: [Google]
1461709809366.jpg
442KB, 850x1676px
>>29863309
Let's wait until after elections before we start wishing, living under Bernie or Hillary would be just as bad as living under Trudeau.
>>
>>29863351
Fair enough. Then again, none of the current candidates in the States are necessarily good.
>>
>>29863157

Well I don't really want to buy a safe right now so I'll pass on that then.
>>
>>29860061
The main reason ITAR exists is because they don't want US guns and equipment showing up overseas in ISIS hands. Canadian customs don't enforce it (they just care that you pay sales tax) so you can walk most things across as long as the US doesn't find out.
>>
To anybody thinking about making an A2 build in the future: Good luck finding a 20" barrel.
>>
File: 21341324132.jpg (189KB, 1024x640px) Image search: [Google]
21341324132.jpg
189KB, 1024x640px
>>29863361
>none of the current candidates in the States are necessarily good
Have you forgotten about the God Emperor?
>>
>>29863402
A safe isn't technically necessary, it's just the best option. When I answered your question I thought you were asking about the minimum for storing an AR-15 in a safe. You could fit the lower in a $20 pistol safe if you wanted, but you don't want to be tearing your gun down and reassembling it every time you use it. Read the regulations.

>>29863446
The US gov offered Canada an ITAR exemption, but our government didn't take it because they were liberals.
>>
>>29863780
According to his son, The Donald carries an FNX-45. I'm a little disappointed. I figured he would carry something decent and American, not Belgian squishy-squishy bullshit.
>>
File: 1446586114663.jpg (921KB, 2160x3840px) Image search: [Google]
1446586114663.jpg
921KB, 2160x3840px
I bought some .223 rem thinking my rifle was chambered in that. The receiver says 5.56 NATO.

Should I not put the .223 through my rifle? Or will I be okay?
>>
>>29864269

No it'll explode and you will be kill.
>>
>>29864269
The way I've heard it, you can put .223 ammunition in a 5.56 firearm, but not 5.56 ammunition in a .223 firearm.

Kinda like how you can put .38 Special in a .357 firearm, but not the other way around.
>>
>>29864269
.223 Remington is fine in a 5.56 rifle, but 5.56 in a .223 Remington is not good.
>>
>>29864269
It will be fine. Google it, I'm too tired to explain fully, but basically there are some differences. 5.56 is hotter than .223, and is not safe to shoot in a gun labelled ".223". A gun labelled as chambered for 5.56 is safely able to shoot .223, however.

http://exclusive.multibriefs.com/content/the-dangers-of-mixing-up-5.56x45mm-nato-and-.223-remington-rounds/recreation-leisure
>>
>>29864383
>>29864387
>>29864337
These gents have it right. One thing else of note is that Savage Arms labels their rifles as .223 Wylde. This is exactly equivalent to 5.56 and is basically a merketing gimmick to get around military caliber export laws, and can safely feed and fire both .223 and 5.56.
>>
>>29864556
meant for >>29864269
>>
File: 1336973021090.gif (36KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1336973021090.gif
36KB, 720x720px
>>29864566
>>29864556
>>29864387
>>29864383
>>29864337
Thank you friends. I just went over to the manual (I'm shooting a Mini-14), and it reads:
>The Ruger Mini-14 Ranch rifles are offered in two calibers: the .223 Remington (5.56) cartridge and the 6.8mm Remington SPC cartridge...."

If I do understand correctly... the rifle is optimized to be interchangeable between .223 and 5.56?
>>
File: FIDDY MEN.jpg (193KB, 1297x977px) Image search: [Google]
FIDDY MEN.jpg
193KB, 1297x977px
>>29864665
>the rifle is optimized to be interchangeable between .223 and 5.56?

You understand correctly, my friend. Both cartridges are fine in your Mini-14.
>>
>>29864337
it's not like that. the specifications are measured differently but .223 will function in a 5.56 chamber and 5.56 will function in a .223 chamber. there is a difference but it's extremely minor and does not affect function

7.62 NATO and .308 are the ones you have to pay attention to, since .308 has thinner case walls and higher pressure than the more conservative 7.62 NATO specification made to accommodate poor countries needing to build tons of shitty rifles.

you can put .38 special in a .357 magnum firearm, but .357 magnum will not even fit into a .38 special
>>
>>29864665
The rule of thumb is, if it's chambered for 5.56 it can use .223 as well.

I've heard conflicting information on whether you can do the inverse, but I'll just note that 5.56mm NATO is loaded to higher pressures than .223, and leave it to your judgment.
>>
File: non_portable_noise_reduction.jpg (105KB, 642x321px) Image search: [Google]
non_portable_noise_reduction.jpg
105KB, 642x321px
>>29850918
http://weaponsman.com/?p=16920

Range, what range?
>>
>>29864729
Before anyone comes along telling me I'm wrong, I'd like to ask for any evidence of someone damaging a .223 rifle by shooting 5.56 out of it.
>>
>>29864782
Probably will never find any.
5.56 is still within proof pressure for .223. Any gun made in CIP countries will be 5.56 capable even if marked different. Most guns in NA will be overbuilt in the off chance that 5.56 goes into a 223.
>>
>>29864665
I thought Mini-14s were only supposed to use .223 Remingon, but if the manual says that...
Could call Ruger and ask?
>>
>>29864757
Does... does that count as a suppressor?
Also, that news article within the link, ayy lmao.
>>
>>29864860
silencer needs to attach to the gun to be a prohibited device, I think
>>
>>29853462
I had to abandon all my babies. Never got to go home before shtf
>>
>>29859292
>>29859980
where do you buy them?
>>
>>29864824
So basically, what you're saying is, if a firearm is marked as .223 only, 5.56 will still work because the manufacturers want to cover their asses?
>>
>>29864943
Sometimes litigiousness works out in the consumer's favor. Rarely, but sometimes.
>>
>>29864928
Glad you're safe fellow fort macbro. Where you at now?
>>
>>29864928
>S actually HTF
>can't do anything about it
This must be every /k/ommando's nightmare.
>>
>>29864974
I'm a different guy from fort Mac and if I learned anything from the fire it's that no matter how much you THINK you're prepared for SHTF, you will leave something important and do something stupid.
I grabbed a bunch of clothes, a KABAR, a jacket, a shotgun and a hundred shells, my toothbrush but no toothpaste,a box of cookies.

The fire was coming over the hill, and you go into panic mode and grab shit that you know you're supposed to grab, but only certain things will come to mind, and you'll grab shitty things to fill that need.
I had 20 cans of actual food in my cupboards, but I grabbed a box of cookies.
I didn't remember WATER.
My girlfriend grabbed Q-TIPS and THINNING SHEARS but forgot her wallet with all of her ID.
It's just crazy. So much shit I wish I grabbed.
>>
>>29865019
I also threw a cordless house phone into my car because I was on the phone with family and forgot that the phone only works at home. Just dumb shit like that.
>>
File: Typical Canadian.png (36KB, 757x827px) Image search: [Google]
Typical Canadian.png
36KB, 757x827px
>>29865019
>>29864928
>So much shit I wish I grabbed

The Fort Mac Happening has made me seriously reassess my preparedness. I've had a Go-Bag on my to-do list for years, but it'll be together by the end of this weekend.

That selfish bullshit said, I'm truly sorry for your loss FortMacbros, but at least you got away alive and whole. I wish you all speedy recoveries, and I personally promise you I will spit in the face of every hippy fuck that start's in on "FORT MAC KARMA DURR OIL HAD IT COMING" in front of me.
>>
>>29865019
I don't even live in a disaster-prone area, but now I'm really interested in investing in a bug-out bag. Just a grab-n-go type of thing.

But I definitely understand how you feel about doing silly things during a time of panic
>tfw the worst thing I've been through was a very brief earthquake (felt a noticeable shake that lasted maybe two seconds)
>for some reason I thought I should grab my shotgun
>no fucking idea why
>two things racing through my mind:
>1. Holy shit, it's an earthquake
>2. GRAB A MUTHAFUCKIN GUN
>realize how stupid that sounded
>the fuck am I supposed to do with it, shoot the earthquake to death?
>>
>>29865077
>>29865076
>BOBmind

It's about fucking time, lads. Let's get our shit together.
>>
>>29865076
>>29865077
I bet these are selling like hotcakes now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRrmyxepvnM
>>
File: 1241324132421.jpg (35KB, 500x432px) Image search: [Google]
1241324132421.jpg
35KB, 500x432px
>>29865019
I know most /k/ommando's who prep would laugh at you but I could imagine all of them doing the same.

An ideal situation will never occur in reality
>>
>>29865076
>>
File: villainous jew.jpg (78KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
villainous jew.jpg
78KB, 640x480px
>>29865095
>shilling during a catastrophe

Do you have any fucking shame, merchant?
>>
File: 1297435634431_ORIGINAL.jpg (22KB, 420x280px) Image search: [Google]
1297435634431_ORIGINAL.jpg
22KB, 420x280px
>>29865076
>>29853462
>>29863312
>>29864928
>>29864968

Does anyone know if the RCMP is using this as an opportunity to gun grab like they have with previous disasters?
>>
>>29865116
>Pictured; Two homosexuals and a faggot
>>
>>29865076
Thanks. I don't understand how people can be so evil. Who even gives a shit about political beliefs right now, 88,000 people are homeless right now with NOTHING and these assholes have the audacity to say we DESERVED it. Not even everyone who lived there worked in oil.
I want to punch people through the internet
>>
>>29865129
No, not as far as I know.
They're actually going around locking peoples doors for them. They are watching for looters 24/7 and have already arrested one guy. They're actually being very competent this time.
>>
File: 5747592.jpg (16KB, 260x260px) Image search: [Google]
5747592.jpg
16KB, 260x260px
>Ordered a couple VZ-58 magazines from Milarm in Edmonton
>This was almost 4 months ago
>Still haven't heard a single word from them
>Decide to email them about it
>No response
Word of advice if you live in Edmonton, never fucking order anything from them.
>>
>>29865129
No, fire is actually hot and will hurt you. Water just gets you wet and make your clothes feel uncomfortable.

Also, most guns have burnt/melted this time around.
>>
>>29865156
Complain on CGN about it, that always gets their attention.
>>
File: mfw.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>29865173
>most guns have burnt/melted this time around
>>
File: 123431243124.png (168KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
123431243124.png
168KB, 300x300px
>>29865173
>tfw you feel momentarily relieved that a fire spreading like that would be literally impossible where you live just because of the nature of the
houses
>tfw you remember your city could potentially get hit by a bad tornado
brb, gotta go buy a duffle bag
>>
File: ave nex alea.jpg (747KB, 2800x1400px) Image search: [Google]
ave nex alea.jpg
747KB, 2800x1400px
>>29865211
Do not despair.

When a /k/ommando falls, he will be reunited with his fallen Battle Buddies and his lost Weapons and cross the Rainbow Bridge to Valhalla, where he will Ride Eternal, Shiny and Chrome

http://rainbowsbridge.com/Poem.htm
>>
File: IMAG0642.jpg (1008KB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0642.jpg
1008KB, 2688x1520px
>>29865254
Will my AR get to shoot at the Valhalla range of infinite ammo forever with FG42s and STG-44s?

Pic related, RIP in peace ;_;
>>
>>29865265
She is awaited, /k/omrade.

You will meet again when it is your time.
>>
>>29865299
c:
>>
File: RhodesiansNeverDie.jpg (188KB, 680x750px) Image search: [Google]
RhodesiansNeverDie.jpg
188KB, 680x750px
>Fort McMurray is burning down
>This will be a massive hit to Alberta's economy, which is already in the shitter
>Trudeau is basically just paying lip service and half assedly claiming "yeah, yeah, I'll get around to helping"
>Notely is probably rubbing her hands together thinking about how this is the perfect time to implement a fire and ash tax
This is basically how the province finally dies, isn't it?
>>
File: couple of drinks.jpg (55KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
couple of drinks.jpg
55KB, 960x640px
>>29865422
>This is basically how the province finally dies, isn't it?

Nova Scotia here. You basically get used to the minimum wage occupations, corruption, nepotism and white trash eventually., If you don't drink, I recommend picking it up.
>>
>>29864860
>>29864924
http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/C-46/FullText.html#h-38
prohibited device means
(c) a device or contrivance designed or intended to muffle or stop the sound or report of a firearm,

It can be anything fuck by that definition fucking earmuffs are prohibited devices.
>>
>>29865649
>intended

That seems to be the key word, though. I mean, if you didn't intend that tubular muzzle brake full of baffles to muffle or stop the sound or report of a firearm, then it isn't really a prohibited device.
>>
>>29865764
Its quite obviously thats what is intended.
If you had a shitload of open containers arranged that way for other reasons try explaining it.
Ignorantia juris non excusat
>>
File: rcmp shotgun.jpg (63KB, 900x345px) Image search: [Google]
rcmp shotgun.jpg
63KB, 900x345px
>>29865840
>If you had a shitload of open containers arranged that way for other reasons try explaining it
>tfw multiple empty beercans stacked beside me right now

RCMP PLS NO
>>
>>29865890
I doubt empty beer cans offer much sound reduction. Not enough volume, small entry.
>>
>>29861021
Thanks anon, I'd never heard about P&S. I'll remember to check them out when the time comes around
>>
>>29845413
canada sucks
>>
>>29866906
Listen 'ere now b'y dem fuckin' mainlanders might be a little uptight but dey're alright fer da mos' part. Now some people says dat newfies ain't proper Canadians but b'y lemme tell ya we been part o' da Confederation now since 1949 what wit' Joey Smallwood and dem fellers, and I won't let nobody pick on me own countrymen das our job 'ere in Newfoundland, and buddy we're alright too. Fuckin' retarded, the lot of us, but we're alright. Nuttin' wrong wit' us sure, gwan witcha
>>
>>29865422
Actually the federal government is TRIPLING every donation that the Red Cross receives for Fort Mac, Alberta government is matching every red Cross donation, and Alberta government are also giving everyone affected by the fire $1250 each, plus $500 per dependent.
They're doing what left wing governments do best which is give away money to people, but at least it's for a good cause this time.
I think they're doing pretty good.
>>
>>29865156
Milarm a shit, and should be avoided. Their prices are nothing special, and their attitude is nearly WGP-tier. I usually deal with Sebarms, CX in Morinville, or online retailers. Though I may check out Tier One someday.
>>
>>29845413
>Troy Par pump action AR-15 style rifle

Since it's not semi-automatic, could you get standard capacity magazines for this if they're marked appropriately?
>>
>>29867186
Loses everything
Only get 1250$ from the government
They should get 12500$ each.
>>
>>29867618
What should not be avoided however if you have spare time is visiting the museum upstairs if that old man is there.
Guy has an enormous collection of Canadian wartime history. The number of handguns, rifles and uniforms he has is crazy. Really seems to put his heart into it.
>>
>>29864968
Went to edmonton for a couple days, now im in calgary, and off to bc today. How about you oilbro?
>>
>>29867186
>giving everyone affected by the fire $1250
Haha that is less than what 'refugees' are getting in 1 month
>>
>>29868196
This

He is also great to talk to. He seems to love teaching young people about all the history.
>>
>>29864974
So far, my house is standing, but who the fuck knows. After the looters and all the police take what they want i might be a nogunz again.
>>
>>29865076
Me too man, that to go bag will be by the door forever after this shit.

Thanks buddy, canada has really come together for us, which is pretty awesome to see. I hope you come across a bunch of those uneducated retards and physically cripple all of them.
>>
>>29865129
Ive seen people on facebook asking gun owners to report their firearms to the rcmp, but no official requests. Its not like they dont already know where the guns are anyways.
>>
>>29845413

why do canadians hate americans?
>>
>>29865019
this is why people have lists, and boxes/bags for emergency items. even our pansie government suggests that everyone have enough supplies to last at least 72 hours, and to keep most of them in a box specifically for that purpose
>>
>>29868325
Inferiority complex.
>>
>>29868325
Because people don't like the fact that we're so similar.
If the USA does something one way we need to be the opposite because the USA are meanies and we have to pretend our daily lives are different from Americans.
>>
>>29868221
The refugees get a loan. This is free cash, no strings attached
>>
>>29868325

I've got family in Canada and every time I've gone up there everyone has been very kind and polite.

I'm not really sure why people think that.

Also, poutine is pretty good.
>>
File: importing_liberal_voters.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
importing_liberal_voters.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>29868719
>refugees get a loan
https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2015/11/29/ottawa-exempts-syrian-refugees-from-controversial-loan-program.html

Nope, they get a free ride, they are exempt.
>>
>>29868719
Nigger you show me where it's a loan.
Also in the event of there actually being a loan you point out some of them who will actually pay that shit back.
>>
>>29865156
Yeah I've went there a few times and the guys working the counter were rude as fuck. Even when I bought $1000 in ammo they treated me like some mouthbreather windowshopper
>>
>>29865156
It's the capital airsoft of the Firearms community. Also I highly recommend anyone to go to capital airsoft and start asking if you can buy brand new parts out of guns they have for sale then say "oh doesn't Jeff still steal parts?" You'Lloyd get shouted at by Jeff is he's there and banned for life but it's worth it.
>>
>>29865151
how do you lock someone's door for them?

are they doing that tape trick to close the deadbolt?
>>
>>29868325
I like americans. It's commies who hate americans, and we have an infestation here thanks to russian and chinese agents in our education system during the cold war.
>>
>>29869000

I like you too, Canadafriend.
>>
>>29869000
There's nothing wrong with communism. It's stalinism you hate
>>
>>29869112

No, I hate communism too.
>>
>>29869123
So everything shouldn't be owned collectively by the people and the workers?
>>
>>29869199

Correct. I worked very hard for my home and assets and my family is well off as a result. Why do I want to give my shit to someone who hasn't worked as hard? Just like I don't expect handouts from people who are better off than me.
>>
File: turdeau.jpg (2MB, 2939x1449px) Image search: [Google]
turdeau.jpg
2MB, 2939x1449px
>>29869199
No, you dumb commie
>>
>>29869260
That planche though
>>
>>29869260
>Trudeau doing the planche
noice, that's a pretty tough position to hold

>>29869123
this wasn't me, but it was exactly what I would have said
>>
>>29845413
When are Type 81s going to go on sale?
>>
File: queer_jt.jpg (1MB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
queer_jt.jpg
1MB, 2048x1365px
>>29869369
>>29869434
You could probably suck him off more optimally from that position lads
>>
>>29869449
Tactial Imports has preorders on now for Est Q3 2016(Sept-Oct last I heard) arrival.
Other dealers have yet to announce prices and/or models they are carrying.
>>
>>29869488
>queerliberals

Seems redundant tbhfam
>>
>>29869258
Imy just fucking with you, my roots trace back to imperial russia and I can say without a doubt imperial russia and it's traditions, which thankfully are not forgotten, were much better than stalinist russian, but I I don't forget that part of my heritage, to many people died building russia in stalins vision to be forgotten, I will never disregard the victims of communism and stalinism, but you can't forget the victims of fascism either which unfortunately is more popular than ever now, and you can't forget the never ending fight against fascism that communists will always carry, once you've been under both you'll see the lesser of two evils
>>
>>29869566
there are fewer victims of fascism than there are victims of communism, by an order of magnitude

lesser of two evils, if you will
>>
File: 1342316429641.jpg (700KB, 2208x1566px) Image search: [Google]
1342316429641.jpg
700KB, 2208x1566px
>>29869566
The body counts of Mao & Stalin alone put communism ahead of the rest for the most deadly ideology
>>
>>29869588
Theres billions of victims of fascism, it's just not called fascism anymore just like communism isn't called communism anymore, call it what you want but both havent been more prevalent in society since ww2. Choosing either side is wrong.
>>
RCMP going around Fort McMurray and taking everyone's guns?
>>
>>29869766
Still waiting on that, see:
>>29865129
>>29865173
>>
>>29868740
I'm a Canadian myself, and I've experienced much greater kindness in America than in Canada.

Also Yoo-Hoo is pretty good. And the numerous Fanta flavours that we Canadians don't get.
>>
>>29869488
Honestly, I don't even mind gays, but what's with their mardi-gras motif?

Being gay just means "I like dicks" if you're a man, or "I like vaginas" if you're a woman. It doesn't have to mean "OOOOOOOH LET'S WEAR RAINBOW CODPIECES AND SWING OUR GENITALIA IN PUBLIC, AND BLOCK TRAFFIC ON ROADS THAT ARE ALREADY BUSY ENOUGH AS IT IS"
>>
How effective is Milsurp camo for hunting? I need a new hunting jacket and actual hunting camo is twice as expensive as milsurp camo.
>>
>>29866094
They've got a seriously old-school style of ordering and business. That's probably why they still have stock of interesting milsurp. But, if you don't mind sending payments and information via mail, it can work for you.
>>
>>29869618

The difference between communism and fascism is that communism doesn't actually call of that kind of death and destruction. Fascism does.
>>
>>29870060
>"2016 marks our 33nd year in the Firearms business and our 19th year of operating a site on the internet! Our first site was on Geocities, after a few years we moved to Angelfire and we finally settled on 50Megs in 2001.
>Geocities
>Angelfire
>50megs
Holy kek
>>
>>29870088
>>29869618

To elaborate, if you read Marx there is nothing about killing 10 million Ukrainians, but if you read Mein Kampf you will find all kinds of racial hatred and blatant expansionism.
>>
>>29867186
>TRIPLING

I was looking around, but I couldn't find a news story reporting that- would you happen to have a link? I did find a report from CBC yesterday talking about matching donations:

http://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappens/as-it-happens-friday-edition-1.3570444/fort-mcmurray-why-is-ottawa-only-matching-donations-to-the-red-cross-1.3570449

This article is mainly concerned with how other aid groups aren't receiving matching funds, but I can't find any information about a tripling of donations anywhere.
>>
>>29870060
Gotta add to this.
He is one of the nicest and most polite dealers out there. his descritions are almost always worse than actual condition as well.
>>
>300 RCMP officers in Fort Mac

Well jee whiz guys I wonder what they're up to!
>>
For any evacuees from Fort McMurray who are in Calgary- the Calgary Shooting Centre is offering free storage for your firearms:

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php/1402980-CSC-Offering-free-storage-to-those-affected-by-fort-McMurray-Wild-Fires

If you're in Edmonton, get in touch with P&D Enterprises:

http://www.p-d-ent.com/

Also, check out the other site sponsors on CGN, as a bunch are running various deals for donations.
>>
>>29870526
Stopping people from looting houses and getting too close to the fire (their job)? There is a forest fire that is endangering the lives of locals and their belongings all while receiving international attention and you are surprised that they have 300 mounties in the area?
>>
>>29870704
The mounties are probably looting the houses as we speak, for safety of course. High River 2.0
>>
File: 1461366701640.jpg (38KB, 663x579px) Image search: [Google]
1461366701640.jpg
38KB, 663x579px
>>29865265
RIP in peace 500$ chinese ar
>>
>>29871034
>Police confiscated firearms in High River. That means a completely different police detachment under different leadership will make the exact same decision.

I get that you are likely half joking, but there is no logic behind an argument made that they will be "looting houses" other than the fact that it happened in a different situation in a different place.
>>
>>29865649
>Water balloons are now prohibited devices.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GtttRKsqlw
>>
>>29870088
Bullshit. Fascism doesn't explicitly call for genocide anymore than communism does as an ideology.
>>
>>29871250

But it does call for militarism, autocracy, totalitarianism, and the willful suspension of critical thinking. Communism most certainly does not. Not to mention that Nazism at least is inherently racist and genocidal, Italian and Spanish fascism aren't.
>>
>>29870181
>>29870060
I mean, it's worth it if it means great service like that. I hate all these seemingly arbitrary contrivances that some businesses put people through.
Thanks for the info, it's making me lean more toward P&S for sure.
>>
Just got m44 for 400 buck pre tax did i done good?
>>
>>29869199
Sounds nice, but fuck no.
Considering the poor quality of work I see out of people now, I can't imagine what it would be like under Communism
>>
>>29870003
Because they want to force tolerance towards the LGBT community. Ironically, it only pisses off moderates more, and pushes them more towards the right.
Agitation leads to opposition.
>>
>>29871262
Those that genuinely believe Communism is a good idea have already suspended their critical thinking skills.
Anybody who seriously believes they know what is best for everybody scares the shit out of me, and that definitely includes Commies and Fascists.
>>
>>29872218

>t. Somebody who has a high school level understanding of communism

The point isn't for a small cadre of elites to tell people what is best for them, the point is to make those decisions collectively through democratic means.
>>
>>29865265
Was she a good shooter, Anon?
>Seriously, I've been wondering about the quality of Norc ARs myself
>>
File: yeah.jpg (256KB, 1280x733px) Image search: [Google]
yeah.jpg
256KB, 1280x733px
>>29872194
Yeah, I used to be very homophobic when I was younger, and the flamboyance really didn't help.

>HEY Y'ALL! I'M A HOMO FAGGOT AND I'M PROUD OF IT! LOOK HOW FAAAAAAABULOUS I LOOK!
is not the right way to demand tolerance.

>I just want to be able to suck dick without getting my ass kicked
would have been better
>>
How are Mosins to shoot? I was handling one at my Canadian Tire today and it seemed a little awkward to say the least. Aside from being long as fuck it seemed to have a really narrow stock. It feels like it would have a bitch of a kick.
>>
>>29872477
You are erroneously assuming that [system of governance] will work as you desire.
Protip, never fucking happens.
>>
>>29872552

Actually I was just talking theory. I could list the practical shortcomings of communism all day. My main point was just that fascism and communism aren't really comparable, since on paper communism is actually a pretty respectable and noble idea with goals of freedom and equality. Fascism is disgusting and immoral on the face of it, making it infinitely worse.
>>
>>29872618
Well that's fair then, because on-paper Communism sounds fantastic as it maximizes liberty. I am certainly on-board with the idea that I should have the right to walk across miles of farms as long as I don't fuck with their stuff.
However, I really only care for practical application of a system, and I have yet to see anything that actually seems like it would work insofar as that it maximizes liberty but keeps some boundaries.
>>
File: 1431069348753.jpg (21KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1431069348753.jpg
21KB, 500x281px
>>29865446

fuckin A bud
>>
>>29871976
That's the standard price, so if anything feel good about not being ripped off.
>>
>>29872687
How can communism maximize liberty if it involves the removal of property ownership and the suspension of individual rights? Communism doesn't even sound good on paper.
>>
>>29871976
At least you didn't wait.

>tfw everything I wanted in 2015 had a >10% price increase due to our shitting dollar
>tfw prices will increase come July 2017 when import stamps become mandatory
>>
>>29873198

>property rights

Well essentially communists and libertarians both argue that property is equal to freedom, mostly because a person who owns property has more freedom to do what they want in life than somebody who doesn't own property. Libertarians look at this and argue that infringement of property rights is infringement of freedom, but communists look at how capitalism has a tendency to systematically redistribute property and therefore political power and freedom to a minority of the population. Their solution is to essentially make the means of production publicly controlled, stripping economic elites of their political power and making a more free and democratic society.

>individual rights

That's where you're wrong though. Property is the only right that is explicitly not protected by communism, freedom of speech, conscience, assembly etc are all supposed to be left alone. Under libertarian thought, freedom extends to the point at which it infringes on the freedom of others, so there needs to be a balance. Communists argue that because private property is exclusionary, somebody who owns property is by definition depriving others of it, and thereby making them less free. So they essentially justify the redistribution of property in the same way that libertarians justify imposing limits on the freedoms of citizens, in the name of creating maximized freedom for the maximized number by ensuring equitable distribution of property and political power.
>>
>>29870591
Stored my Nova for free at P&D today.
>>
File: 1446065573940.jpg (32KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1446065573940.jpg
32KB, 640x640px
>>29865422
>>29865446
As someone who was born and raised for half my life in Alberta I am saddened by the whole ordeal.

I've never been fond of Ontario. I wish circumstances didn't lead to me leaving Alberta.
>>
>>29872511
Yes, no malfunctions, more accurate than I am with iron sights
>>
>>29868030

>We don't need no gubmint help!
>Damn commies want to take our money and give it to towelheads!
>Taxation is theft!
>*fire happens*
>Help me government!
>>
>>29873857
It a, "whats good for the goose, is good for the gander" kind of problem.

They are self-sufficient people, but if other people are getting help without having earned it, then why shouldn't the people who have been a big bread and butter provider not also get the help they need?

I'd honestly say scrap the whole thing and have charities (charity organizations, private donations) be the source of help for those in need.

Lower taxes and government spending so people will have more money in their own pocket to spend frivolously, give generously, wisely invest, or what ever pleases them.

Nobody spends money better than their own.
>>
>>29873809
As someone who gives shit to Albertans all the time, noone deserves to have their life burn down around them and be forced to flee their home.

I hope things get better soon for all involved.
>>
>>29873923
>help needs to be earned
Not that guy, but that's a funny definition of help.
>>
>>29873802
How did it work? Just drop it off and go? Any paperwork to be filed, or did they just record your PAL and serial number?
>>
>>29873923

>They are self-sufficient people, but if other people are getting help without having earned it, then why shouldn't the people who have been a big bread and butter provider not also get the help they need?

It's an issue of need not earn. People who need help should get it. People who can afford to give should.

>Lower taxes and government spending so people will have more money in their own pocket

What will put money in people's pockets is making sure people have everything they need, which is something that is best done through strong government investment in infrastructure, education, healthcare, etc. Ensure everybody has an opportunity to build their own future.
>>
What are the best clubs in Ontario?
>>
>>29873385
Libertarianism is anarchy for the rich.
>I own a gorillion ton of land passed down from my family and I deserve to shoot anyone who even steps on it!
>I shouldn't have to pay taxes because the money goes to corrupt government and lazy people. Why don't handicapped people get a job?
>this is what Libertarians actually think

Of course you can't trust big government to properly manage tax money. A balance is required to properly run a developed country. Many people don't seem to agree with this and thus show aggression to the status quo. Lefties or far right, both have little sympathy towards the other side.

It's a good thing Canada is packed full with crown land. We can shoot and hunt on it with little interference from the government. Too much private land owned by people, businesses, or natives ruins the fun for the majority of us.
>>
>>29874061
We're lucky that we have more balanced politics, the left-right extremes aren't as extreme as they are in other places, and there's a lot of swing voters in our populace.

We haven't taken to the same style of things that are present in the US and many other places, and I won't speculate on the reason why, but it's good to see. Even pretty-boy Trudeau hasn't been running around trying to play celebrity all the time, and seems to be focusing on his actual job. It'll be a big test of his ability as PM to see how he responds to the latest national events.

And since I mention it, moments like right now, with what's happening in Alberta, really bring out the best in Canada sometimes, considering the outpouring of support people have been sending toward Ft. McMurray.
>>
>>29870105
>keking at Geocities
At one point it was the 3rd most frequently browsed website on the internet.

And it didn't allow porn.
>>
>>29874061
That's why I still fall into the loose "liberal" camp rather than the libertarian camp, even though I most-closely identify with them.
>>
How much are used M305, 22 inch barrel goin for? I might put mine for sale on cgn
>>
>>29874366
$200
Let me know when it's posted. PM inbound
>>
>>29874391
PM sent :^)
>>
>>29874229
I can believe that.

>owned by Yahoo
>Yahoo was the most used search engine before Google kicked its ass
>residential internet was still a fairly new thing
>everybody wanted a website, even when they didn't need one
>free web hosting from the biggest search engine at the time? who can resist?
>>
>>29874005
People need to be able to forge their own futures. Who better than themselves? Why rely on a central bureaucracy to make that decision for them?

Why can't people learn from their own successes and failures? Or from the successes and failures of others? Why must we force other people to give up money at threat of imprisonment?

Especially when it is paying a great deal of people all along the way before it reaches those it needs to help?
>>
>>29873857
I know this is 4chan, but could you knock it off with the retarded strawmen?
>>
>>29870088
>>29870106
Mein Kampf is a National Socialist text and does not speak for other Fascist ideologies. While National Socialism can be considered a form of Fascism, defining texts of National Socialism are not defining texts of Fascism. Futhermore, just as Marx's writing does not call for the killing of 10 million Ukrainians, Hitler's writing does not call for the killing of 6 million Jews (though it does suggest that killing internationalist jews is a positive thing).

If your argument is that fascism is more ideologically vicious because Mein Kampf contains hatred of internationalist banker jews, then I'm sure there are a few feminist anarchist tumblr posts that should logically make you despise communism.

Care to add up the billions of victims of fascism for my simple mind? As far as I can see it's less than 500 million even if you count ridiculous things, like the entire death toll of any war against a fascist nation.
>>
>>29872477
>make those decisions collectively through democratic means.
because that works so well right now, nobody has ever abused a democratic system for personal gain.

I bet you tell people that communism has never been tried

PROTIP: it's been tried, and it's too flimsy to not be coopted by the first maniac to show up
>>
>>29873385
according to you, communism is affirmative action for the poor

>since black people tend to be unemployed, it's necessary to mandate that a certain percent of a businesses employees are black, otherwise it wouldn't be *fair*

the fact that you see nothing wrong with this is why I hate communists, and not just communism
>>
File: 9-111436_1.jpg (15KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
9-111436_1.jpg
15KB, 480x480px
>>29864939

Right here friend

http://www.theammosource.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=3602
>>
>>29873961
help does need to be earned. I'm sure if someone close to you lost their home or needed you to show up in an emergency you'd be on that, because you know they'd do the same

but if I needed ten thousand dollars via mail order, would you just give it to me? please say yes, I'm too poor to buy any guns right now.
>>
>>29867851
Importer says they're pinned to 5
>>
Thoughts on Norc 1911s? I'm thinking of one down the road as a secondary Carry piece. I really should add a "modern" double stack 9mm to my collection, but the 1911 fits my hand so well.
>>
>>29875396
Solid. Soem sharp edges and can use a good internal polishing.
>>
File: 1461439715816.gif (3MB, 320x170px) Image search: [Google]
1461439715816.gif
3MB, 320x170px
>>29875396

>Not CCing a .40 high point

I was under the impression you where crazy.
>>
>>29871102
I think he was saying it because High River was also RCMP and Alberta, and no one was held accountable. I doubt it's happening again either, but it now something we all have to worry about.
>>
>>29875511
I wasn't aware I had changed my trip to "Crazy Tok Nigger".
>>
>>29875413
So fairly standard for Norcs. I'm just curious because old Norc 1911s get a lot of praise, but I don't know anyone who owns a newer model.
>>
>>29875396
>Thoughts on Norc 1911s? I'm thinking of one down the road as a secondary Carry piece

I'd like to remind you that I L I T E R A L L Y recommended a Norinco 1911 to you months ago while you were waiting on your Tok holster for all of the reasons you want one now. That dick-beating said, grab one of the models with a beaver tail and Novak sights and you'll be a happy camper.
>>
>>29876000
You did? My apologies. I must have forgotten.
>>
>>29876040
No worries, mang. You seemed happy with your Tok, I just suggested a Norc 1911 because of all the aftermarket support you'd enjoy with it. That said, it still applies now, and Norc 1911's are still solid. I can't vouch for how well they run with anything other than Ball, so it's up to you to find out how they run with hollow points/snowflake defensive rounds. I would encourage you to report back with your findings on that type of ammunitions, however.
>>
>>29876084
Little polishing and they seem to run with most loads.
Mine absolutely hates the Lee TC tumble lube bullets.
>>
>>29876000
>Why can't you remember something I said months ago, you're so incorrigible!
>>
File: percocet.jpg (63KB, 552x362px) Image search: [Google]
percocet.jpg
63KB, 552x362px
>>29876251
>not remembering everything an Anonymous poster said to you some time ago
>having legitimate experiences outside of 4chan

Norman, I would strongly recommend that you return to Reddit, a community that I believe would more accurately reflect your values.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>29875213
But the capacity restriction is only for semi-autos, correct? So if mags were made that were marked "For Troy pump action rifle", would they be allowed at full capacity?
>>
>>29876714
Kinda the problem is the magazine is a AR15 magazine and was originally designed for use in a semi auto.
If it had a proprietary magazine made for that rifle alone it would have no limit.
>>
>>29876752
yet a BX-25 magazine that was designed for a .22 LR rifle is considered to be a pistol magazine because it works in a pistol

the RCMP's policy tries to play it both ways
>>
>>29876714
I'm thinking no. The RCMP have probably already thought of this and would come up with some bullshit to curb the letter of the law for their own political gain. They would likely also have the nerve to say something like 'keeping assault clips off our streets.' There was a reason the Mossberg MVP didn't open up that door either.
>>
>>29876795
IIRC that was because it was specifically marked for sale as a pistol mag(for use in the ruger charger), but yes RCMP will play anything they can in their favor.
>>
>>29876798
Well, that sucks for you guys. Anything done to change this particular law?
>>
>>29876914
>Anything done to change this particular law?
Well, just last year, the NFA tried to get a petition going.

For one thing, petitions generally do jack shit. For another, this was during a time when the NFA really shit the bed and lost what little credibility it had left, so nothing ended up happening.
>>
>>29876914
There's been attempts but the 22 million people back east are California tier and most other people are fudds. Thankfully it's only semi autos that have the restriction, so we still get our trench mags and the like.
>>
File: eb23111e5ef10d2d6d0b8276abb6ebaf.jpg (697KB, 772x1718px) Image search: [Google]
eb23111e5ef10d2d6d0b8276abb6ebaf.jpg
697KB, 772x1718px
>>29869449
fixed or folder? Also trying to find side mounts that can fit before q.3
>>
>>29876995
Both will be available in the first batch. No word on side mounts, I don't think the Chinese really developed a type 81 optic system. Plus the civie market is very limited there are 10ish rifles in the states and i'd venture a guess at less than 1000 in Europe and elsewhere.
>>
File: type_81-2.jpg (28KB, 450x230px) Image search: [Google]
type_81-2.jpg
28KB, 450x230px
>>29877023
Daily Reminder that if Bayonets aren't compatible with the Canadian Type 81's, they're basically worthless.
>>
>>29877147
Worthless to whom, collectors with must have matching bayonet for every rifle or everyone else?
>>
File: toronto_pride_parade_20150628.jpg (40KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
toronto_pride_parade_20150628.jpg
40KB, 620x465px
>>29877170
Worthless to everybody who couldn't reasonably conceive of the actual purpose of a bayonet, which is to say everyone who identifies with our current Prime Minister.
>>
>>29877400
I am definitely an idiot, but you didn't read my post correctly. Affirmative action for the poor is comparing the idea to regular affirmative action, which is racial in nature. In many countries with affirmative action policies, large companies are required to have a minority quota matching the population share. "Affirmative action for the poor" is the same concept but applied to those who are too shitty to make any wealth.

You will never make black people smarter by pity hiring them, and you will never make poor people not poor by giving them money or propping up their lives with social security.

It's fine if you disagree with me, but please do not misunderstand me and do not misrepresent my words.
>>
I let my FAC expire. Yes, that long ago. Am I going to have to re-do the course to get a PAL?
>>
>>29877852
Call the CFP I believe it still counts as having completed the course. http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/cont/index-eng.ht

Also if you did your CFSC course before Feb 1999 it counts for RPAL as well.
>>
>>29877898
Phone ate my link
http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/cont/index-eng.htm
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-08-09-01-20-55.png (926KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-08-09-01-20-55.png
926KB, 1280x720px
>>29877903
Thanks
>>
>>29874465

Because that isn't how the world works. You seem to think that everybody is born into the world with equal opportunities in life, when in reality some are born with advantages. Those people will inevitably succeed far easier than others will, and it will result in a concentration of wealth and political power, leading to an oligarchy. This isn't news, your perfect classical liberal society already existed in the 19th century, and it led to such terms as "the dark satanic mills that manufacture hell on earth" to describe factories. It's pretty obvious when you examine the history of capitalism that Keynsianism is the only way to go.

>>29874942

Except this isn't just a tendency, it's a mathematical certainty. Capitalism systematically redistributes wealth and therefore political power upward, the point of communism is to keep politics from being dominated by oligarchs.

>>29874886

First of all, I'm willing to bet that you don't even know the definition of communism. Second of all, that happens to classical liberalism too. Remember Napoleon? That went real well didn't it.
>>
>>29877948
Did I equate that people are born into the world without any advantage over another?

If so you seem to be quite mistaken. What makes a few people the one destined to make the decisions for everyone else in society?

What you want will lead to serfdom. Serdom to an elite.

Whereas what I want allows anyone, with nothing or everything to become something if they choose to do so.

The founder of Walmart started off at the bottom working for JC Penny. He did everything a lowly worker did up to managing the store and started his own business.

You're delusional if you truly believe Keynsianism is the way to go. Even Keynes wasn't in complete agreement to the idea as it went on. He planned to stop the whole arrangement. Too bad he died before he made that happen.
>>
>>29877948
so what prevents the communist system from being dominated by oligarchs?

it seems that you and I agree that there is a pressure that causes money to accumulate in the hands of a few individuals

no form of government in history has been able to eliminate this force, so I would prefer a form of government that acknowledges that it exists. In a society that calls itself communist, you can't admit that the smart and ruthless still run the show because then you can't call yourself a communist society anymore.

if people today in a capitalist society are too dumb to not be serfs to capitalist overlords, what makes you think they'll fare better under a communist system? because someone else will take care of all their needs? what if that person decides to take advantage?
>>
>>29878497

>What makes a few people the one destined to make the decisions for everyone else in society?

You seem to think that I am proposing some kind of oligarchic system. I'm saying that it's the duty of a free and democratic society has a duty to ensure that equal opportunity (or at least an adequate minimum standard of opportunity) in order to avoid a society of haves and have nots where one politically and economically dominates the other. The authority of the state in this case is only valid when it is given to the state by the consent of the governed. The state isn't acting independently of the people in a democratic society, it is acting on their behalf.

>The founder of Walmart started off at the bottom working for JC Penny

Despite whatever success stories there may be, that kind of fantastic social mobility is statistically extremely rare, and more of it is blind luck than people would like to admit.

>You're delusional if you truly believe Keynsianism is the way to go.

And even the IMF admits that trickle down economics is bullshit. What other options are there? Keynsianism is what created the most prosperous period in Western history, it ensured that a single income from a factory job could pay for a house, car, family, and all the amenities and luxuries that came to characterize western life.
>>
>>29878868

Well aside from the fact that your entire post is addressing centralized state socialism in the style of the USSR as opposed to actual communism, I'm just pointing out the rationale behind communist thought. I'm also not an advocate of central planning, but there is an important difference between the systems. Even in a capitalist society where elite and state power were 100% separate, you would still have a systematic upward redistribution of wealth at the expense of the majority of the population. In a socialist society corruption would still exist sure, but the economic system wouldn't be redistrubuting the means to take control of the political system towards a tiny minority of the population. A socialist state with all the proper checks and balances (courts, constitution, upper and lower houses, elections, etc) would likely be less corrupt than a capitalist one, simply because of the absence of independently wealthy individuals capable of singlehandedly derailing the democratic process.
>>
>>29876714
The RCMP plays a game where they call a mag like that "dual use". They did that to some AIA mags a while back.
>>
>>29879016
Trickle down theory. It doesn't exist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMhI-AQgYPU
>>
>>29879702

http://money.cnn.com/2015/06/15/news/economy/trickle-down-theory-wrong-imf/
>>
>There are people in this thread who unironically defend communism
This is why we have shitty gun laws and no right to property.
>>
>>29881696
>asking someone to please stop is being a shithead

If you didn't post this thread would have lasted longer.
>>
>>29853286

Marlin lever action in 45-70.

You should see the internal damage those fuckers do.
>>
>>29881797
Don't newer Marlins have QC issues?
>>
>>29881915
There was a period where the QC suffered badly. According to more recent reports, they've started to fix that, but I haven't seen any of the new ones. I would inspect any of them carefully before buying. Maybe they have fixed the problems- I think they mainly revolved around improving the machinery and training new employees.

Alternatively, there are Rossi and Chiappa lever actions in .45-70 for roughly the same price.
>>
>>29882022
>Alternatively, there are Rossi and Chiappa lever actions in .45-70 for roughly the same price.
Seems like Marlin is still the best bet then.

>American company trying to clean up their act
vs
>Brazilians/Italians who will never learn

and
>similar pricing
Kinda seems like a no-brainer now.
>>
>Aztec Armory has multiple dealer accounts with US manufacturers
>can order 20" heavy barrel without going through the importing process

Made my goddamn day
>>
>>29881797
I had a line on a eary 80s model for $700.
It was winter doe and I have mortgage to pay.
>>
>>29882443
They're great, they shipped my order despite me not being able to pay the import and shipping fee because our well collapsed and set us back $18k and they always pin my mags in a non destructive way.
>>
>>29882443
Thank you based anon.
>>
>>29882443
What barrel did you order anyway? The 20" govt?
I'm still looking at the one that Wolverine Supplies has, but its like 500~ bucks and its an HBAR.
>>
>>29883000
I currently have the most money I've ever seen in my account.

I can easily buy at least three guns on my wishlist without going in the red.

I should just go for it, but I can't. These numbers are the highest I've ever seen. I guess I love money more than I love guns.

Oh god, I've become a kike. Does anyone know this feel? To have more than enough money to buy something you want, but not spending it because it looks prettier when it's sitting in your bank account?
>>
>>29882022
Would you happen to know of any places that sell Rossi parts? Not necessarily the whole firearms, but just parts.

I know of a few US-based sites, but I want to avoid them if at all possible. Would prefer to keep it Canadian for simplicity's sake.
>>
>>29883340
Literally my position as well. I've got money to burn, but I'm afraid to do so as I don't want to make the wrong decision in my purchases.
>>
File: 20160506_155349.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20160506_155349.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
So what do you guys think?
Right now it's just mocked in place but i think this looks wicked and i get to keep my Iron sights ( probably going to upgrade to ts100)
>>
>>29883998
You're going to have to put it alot higher, you mount on the reciever not the stock.
>>
>>29881696
>Being this autistic
>>
>>29883998
That does look sweet. I really want to have a PU scope put on my SKS. Gives me a reason to want to use it more.
>>29884041
They make drop-down mounts that attach to the receiver I believe.
>>
>>29883728
I looked around, but I couldn't find much. You may have to contact the distributor for Canada (Freedom Ventures).
>>
>>29884041
>>29884196

I'm actually using a drop down mount (being used in previous picture actually )
>>
>>29884113
he's right though

these threads just end up 3 or 4 noguns faggots that just can't help but shit everything up with their shitass enlightened political minds
>>
>>29884872
Apparently civilized discussion of politics is now for only for pretentious pseudo-intellectuals?
>>
>>29884872
I'm one of those few guys. It's just so tempting to dive into political discussions.

I do actually have guns, but not any new ones because money.
>>
Does anyone have any opinions on where to buy body armor in Canada? I know there's S&J Hardware. How about sizing? 8x10 or 10x12?
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 55

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.