[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What makes soldiers sad over killing their enemy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 9

What makes soldiers sad over killing their enemy?
>>
>>29827304
>Constant high stress environment of getting shot at and the trauma of getting shelled day in and day out
>Get post traumatic stress disorder or "shell shocked"
It's not hard to figure out.
>>
>>29827385
I mean the act of bringing a man down forever. What's so sad about that?
>>
Due to the fact that if we weren't ranged as infantry in a corner of a foreign field, we probably would have shared a joke and a drink in a bar somewhere.
>>
>>29827304
Thier vagina
>>
>>29827438
This, the fight in the middle east is kind of interesting in this regard because both sides pretty much fucking hate each other. It's like the Pacific theater of WWII, both sides fucking the other any way they can with no real quarter given or received. Shitsux
>>
>>29827405
basic human empathy?
I know its cool to pretend to be a stone cold killer who don't need no feelings on the internet, but most normal people don't really want to kill people unless their life depends on it.
>>
File: image.jpg (41KB, 400x366px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41KB, 400x366px
>>29827405
>>
>>29827536
So why should trained men with ranks get emotional stress when the lowlifes back home do this on a daily basis. Are they something less?
>>
>>29827561
Those people get fucked up too, they try to hide it. Most people have empathy save for psychopaths and sociopaths.
>>
File: Ruspc.jpg (55KB, 504x700px) Image search: [Google]
Ruspc.jpg
55KB, 504x700px
Difference between a man fighting for his country in the vein of World War 2, while not involved or even knowing about what was happening back home in some cases he still fights for what he believes in making his country great, man to man, eye to eye with nationalism strong in both attacker and defender. Like Rommel, war without hate.

Now put that against the insurgent, feral and brutally backwards culture of the average Middle-Eastern muslim. His smell is offensive, his look is foreign, his teeth rot in his mouth, his beard is unwashed, his clothes are dirty. His beliefs are offensive, his women are caged, his views barbaric and his country is poor. He hides behind women and children, he shoots when you do not look, he attacks civilians, they desicrate the dead
>>
>>29827304
That there weren't more
>>
>>29827304
Nothing.

Killing the bad guys is a part of the good things.
>>
>>29827561
>>29827861
>>29828664

Stop being an edge lord.

You sound like that edgy as fuck 7th grader that nobody talks to. The one that keeps asking the teacher a bunch of stupid fucking questions that are obvious to everybody else.
>>
>>29827801
Wisdom
>>
>>29827801

If you really think Muslim culture is "feral and brutally backwards" compared to the West, then you are Nietzsche's Last Man incarnate. So long to Western Civilization, if you are any indication of what it comprises.
>>
>>29828677
Look
Where
You
Are
>>
File: 1461971259976.jpg (78KB, 861x564px) Image search: [Google]
1461971259976.jpg
78KB, 861x564px
>>29828766
Nice b8
>>
File: spetsnaz.jpg (32KB, 320x226px) Image search: [Google]
spetsnaz.jpg
32KB, 320x226px
>>29828766
Middle-Eastern muslims are not your standard Western 'moderate' muslim. Reread what I said and know that it is true. The branch they practice (no true Scotsman fallacy aside, I do not care) has contempt for human life, freedom of choice and women. The common people are cutthroat, liars by nature and motivated by petty jealousy and greed.
>>
>>29827304
Religious upbringings and internalized guilt for your every action enforced by your parents and society and then eventually yourself when you're alone and need order in a chaotic world.
>>
The enemy is human and in cases such as pic related it's not YOUR enemy but the enemy of your country.

There is nothing good or fun about killing.
>>
File: german KIA.jpg (122KB, 600x501px) Image search: [Google]
german KIA.jpg
122KB, 600x501px
>>29827801
>"he still fights for what he believes in making his country great, man to man, eye to eye with nationalism strong in both attacker and defender."

This right here is the truth. You know that deep down, that enemy soldier probably lived his life much like you did before the war. Maybe he went to school, maybe he had a girlfriend or wife, kids, parents who will miss him etc...

None of it matters in the mission though, he is just an enemy soldier and your orders are to kill him. It hits you later when you realize that he deserved to live just as much as you do, but for some reason, you killed him.

>In Flanders fields the poppies blow
>Between the crosses, row on row,
>That mark our place; and in the sky
>The larks, still bravely singing, fly
>Scarce heard amid the guns below.

>We are the Dead. Short days ago
>We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
>Loved and were loved, and now we lie
>In Flanders fields.

>Take up our quarrel with the foe:
>To you from failing hands we throw
>The torch; be yours to hold it high.
>If ye break faith with us who die
>We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
>In Flanders fields.
>>
File: Baaaaaahbob.jpg (17KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
Baaaaaahbob.jpg
17KB, 300x225px
>>29828992
World War poetry is the most haunting and striking in the world.
>>
>>29827405
There are plenty of people in this world that should be killed, but there are many that are unnecessarily killed.

I think that most people can agree on this.
>>
>>29827304
Knowing that they killed another human that has a family
>>
When the propaganda wears off and reality sets in.

Like >>29827801, once you get time to think to yourself, when reality starts to set in and you realize you've killed someone who's more or less like you, just on the 'wrong' side, I would imagine that is when sadness kicks in.
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=trmG0mgrkM8
>>
>>29830695
Exactly, I still maintain the division of opponents though. When the adrenaline is up, you feel nothing, when it fades and you are left burned out and on the come down, that is when it can hit. Or it might not, it might be hours, days, weeks or months or years. It might never hit.
>>
>>29827304

Because if they were to have met under different circumstances, they could have very easily been friends.
>>
>>29827304
Compassion is a natural human quality which we biologically developed in order to preserve our species. Killing people who are not an immediate threat to us, e.g. someone coming at us with a knife, as it is common in modern wars, e.g. when shooting a man who doesn't realise we're there, makes us act against this primordial instinct.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1460372805729.jpg (26KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1460372805729.jpg
26KB, 540x960px
>>29827405
You watch your friends, your neighbors, and people you never knew before but created in the meantime a lifelong Bond of Brotherhood and loyalty to, fall before you as bullets cut through them or worse. The malice created through which fuels your despise for the enemy in which you make them suffer and watch them die as they choke on blood moaning the names of their wives and children or parents in their last breath just as youve watched your beloved friends when they got hit. Then you come to the realization that the people you hate are all the same. Pawns used and disposed of while you got the first person view of how personal a war can be even though its original intent was a spite between two nations, which devolved into much worse
>>
>>29827304
Because most people have empathy and remorse for those they kill even when forced. It's Hollywood that has heroes wasting masses of people without a moments conscience. Real life obviously isn't like that as can be told by the numbers of soldiers with PTSD.
>>
The closest a typical civilian will ever get to "the enemy" is media exposure, which typically dehumanizes them.

Story time
>be in combat several times
>all longer ranges, fuck yeah, we really fucked em up
>finally capture guy
>my age
>scared, humiliated, defeated
>"whoa, wait a minute, thats a person...."
>and so were all the other guys we killed

Seems stupis, but when its just "targets" "enemies" "hostiles" and "hajis" 300 to 500 meters out its easym when you see a guy just like you fighting for who he thinks are the good guys just like you face to face you realize it wasnt such a great thing youve been doing.

Especially since we were doing it at the behest of a shitty government and none of the objectives we fought killed, bled and died for ended up mattering at all.
>>
Killing the enemies of the free German people made him happy.
Its seeing his homeland destroyed my foreign gang of murderers is what makes him sad.
>>
>>29827405
Right now you probably think of it like aiming a gun and getting a point on the bad guy

but its killing, just like when a cannibal eats someone
>>
>>29827304
I would think it's sad when it's a neighboring nation and the enemy looks like they could be your family, but when they're drastically different it would be like killing animals.
>>
>>29827518
That's not entirely true. The part about us hating eachother is, but when I was in Iraq we were retardedly limited by ROE my second tour.

First tour, bradleys and strykers, 50s and mk19s, blinding fuckers with lasers and shooting flares at everything semi-sketchy. We got hit less and reduced ambush tactics with a heavy presence.

Second tour we had 240b as our largest mounted weapons system. Frequent SAF, increased IED emplacement, constant mob attacks with throwing rocks, which we eventually stopped with non-lethal munitions.

I gotta say nothing is more fun than free firing less than lethal into a crowd of radical faggots.
203s firing 50 caliber rubber balls at 300 fps with paintballs full of mace. God bless FN, their less than lethal is brutal.
>>
>>29827304
Human nature.
>>
>>29828831
Hey, I don't brand all westerners with what I've seen of chavs in Liverpool. Don't be such an edgelord.
>>
>>29827304
Because the poor sods are there for the same reason you are, their leaders, politicians & bureaucrats filled them with threats, lies and propaganda to go fight a war they would otherwise never support, they would rather be at home raising their children and growing things in the garden
>>
File: bombardment.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
bombardment.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>29827304
But it mostly doesn't, actually. You only ever hear about the veterans that have PTSD, but the reality is - more than a third of retired combat veterans, including frontline infantry, do not experience PTSD at all. It's perfectly normal to not feel wrong about the killing. As for general nerve disorders and such - they are a result of stress, doesn't matter what caused it really.
>>
Would anyone from here feel sadness or show any mercy to the enemies?
>>
>>29835234
That's a stupid question of course alot of us would actually have empathy and remorse because it isn't a common thing to do in our normal lifes by taking humanin lives.

Now antman however he's just a fucking sadist that would get a thrill ride from it ir given the opportunity
>>
>>29830504
i would say far many more are unnecessarily killed
>>
>>29827561
Why do the lowlife abuse drugs and alcohol? Why do they live as if they don't fear death?
Because they feel like shit over the things they done, many driven suicidal even, but it is easier to be killed by a rival gang or a cop then commit suicide (for most people).

Shouldn't you be in school?
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.