[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

these worth $60?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

File: F1ANSLX.jpg (123KB, 800x520px) Image search: [Google]
F1ANSLX.jpg
123KB, 800x520px
my store is selling them for $55+9.6% sale tax.
>>
That's not a bad price, cheaper probably than buying online and paying shipping+ffl. I bought 6 for $40 online, $20 to ship, then $70 for the transfer fee ($20 for first, $10 for each one after).
Came out to like $56 a lower.

I built one just fine, biggest complaint is the massive rollmark, the fire/safe is written in a childishly large size, and the finish isnt a smooth abodized black, its a rougher dark grey and doesnt match any of my uppers.

However, functionally they are perfect and I had no trouble building mine
>>
there not bad. i just finished a lower build with one. no issues
>>
>>29816269
>doesn't even have the 4th hole
They dun fucked up, that's why they're so cheap.
>>
Yes, I own one and it's lasted very well. Build quality is just like any other 7076 aluminum receiver, just with a different roll mark.
>>
It's a lower.

It's worth a lower.

Shit thread.
>>
fair price and you can inspect it in person for defects. I'd do it.
>>
>>29816269
literally the best lowers for 0 price range. show me something that performs better for the same price and ill retract my statement.
>>
>>29816295
Just paid 99+dros+10%tax in CA... still worth it tho.
>>
>>29816269
Anderson doesn't thread their pistol grip screw holes all the way in, so you'll either have to unfuck it with a tap or get a shorter screw from Home Depot.
>>
>>29816854
Can this meme die? They fixed that shit a long time ago and admitted that it was a one-off mistake
>>
Why do AR manufacturers mark their lowers as being multi caliber? It's tacky and pointless. It's not like the ATF is going to shoot your dog for having a .458 SOCOM upper on a 5.56-marked lower.
>>
>>29817113

Considering the arbitrary reasons the ATF comes up with to justify their actions, they might, then BS the rest.
>>
Being as it's online for $40+shipping+transfer+hassle, yeah
>>
local shop sells them for $70 here. Not a ad price id say. Will likely come to that price w/ online+shipping+transfer.

Better to pick up a couple now before Shillary is elected.
>>
Considering Primary Arms was selling for $34.95

Well

I'll let you make up your own mind
>>
>>29817113
Because 4473 has a place for "caliber"
>>
>>29817340
And I assume you can't put "Multi" there any more than you can put "<16"" in the "barrel length" field of a Form 1.
>>
>>29817401
>implying you can't
>implying barrel isn't marked N/A on the 4473
For all your autism, are you honestly pretending you wouldn't complain if the industry standard was 5.56 because ACCCCTUALLY AR LOWERS CAN TAKE DIFFERENT CALIBER UPPERS
>>
Ive built several anderson lowers. theyre $46.99 where i live. no brainer.
>>
>>29816854
>>29816269
No problems with mine.
>>
>>29817324
see>>29817199
>>
I bought two from Aim Surplus (local to me) a few months apart. Both had different finishes, both had varying degrees of blemishes. Biggest difference between the two was that the front pivot pin holes were different sizes. One was perfectly fine with a build kit, but the second lowers front pin holes were very tight. I had to sand down the finish on the pin itself to get it to fit, and even then it's still tight as hell. I took the pin off of my build without the issue and tried it in the second and observed the same tightness. It'll wear in eventually, it's just annoying. I paid 39.99 ea + tax
>>
>>29817471
I would accept 5.56×45mm NATO as a "default" caliber.
>>
>>29817401
Except you can, and you do, you dumb nigger faggot.

You can put whatever you want, actually. ATF doesn't designate 9mm, 9x19, 9mm Luger, 9x19 parabellum etc
>>
>>29817523
That's not the question dumbass
>>
>>29817401
Christ almighty.

Summers here so soon?

Yes, you put "multi" in caliber field and the ATF won't bat an eye. Make your AR less than 16" ergo making it an SBR, which needs to be transferred as an NFA item, then the ATF WILL bend you over and fuck you up the ass.
>>
File: AR_12-11-2015_H.jpg (441KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
AR_12-11-2015_H.jpg
441KB, 1024x768px
That's what I paid for mine, OP. Cheaper than online+transfer. Gonna buy another one next week.
>>
>>29816269
If you buy anderson lower, you're a stupid faggot.
>>
>>29816269
>>29816757
10% tax. Jesus Christ.
Them Jew sheckles
>>
I've bought 2 stripped lowers and built on them.

1. Rock River Arms, had to hit the upper in with a mallet the first time. It's been a perfect snug no rattle fit that goes together easily ever since... years worth.

2. Anderson lower, everything went together easy, gun works, gun rattles though.

Given the relative prices, I feel good about both purchases.
>>
Anderson parts are shit IMO
>>
>>29817946
because...?
>>
>>29817995
Gotta find some way to get money to a state economy that is falling apart at the fucking seams.
>>
File: 1461178735005.jpg (195KB, 1080x1349px) Image search: [Google]
1461178735005.jpg
195KB, 1080x1349px
>>29816269
>$60
>$55+9.6% sale tax.
But OP that would be $60.28 not $60
>>
My FFL has Anderson lowers for $65 here in Cali, I'm going to pick up a few after I finish my current build.
>>
>>29817648
>Is a lower worth $60 at my local store
>internet has them for that once you finally get them
>NOT THE QUESTION
>>
>>29820657

jesus fuck where are you located?
mine are lowest at like 140
>>
>>29816880
Just built one in December that had that exact problem.
>>
>>29822187
built mine in February and i did as well. not a big deal but it would have been nice to know beforehand.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.