[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would Raptors make good infantry?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault4.jpg (90KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault4.jpg
90KB, 1280x720px
Would Raptors make good infantry?
>>
Probably not, all the shit obvious Disney villain dude said we could use them for we can already use dogs or drones for. Can a raptor fuck up a dude? Yeah, but so can a german shepherd, and the shepherd will be easier to train.
>>
If they were your ONLY infantry...
and if they could shoot guns
and if they had bombs in their heads that only you could make explode if they ever were captured and turned on you

So no.
>>
>>29813524
Big targets with no ranged capability
>>
>>29813524
Would raptors make good f14 pilots
>>
>>29813524
>Would Raptors make good infantry?
real, science accurate raptors would be slightly bigger than a turkey, and equally inapt to survive the battle field.
as the lack of combat-ready turkeys clearly show.
>>
>>29813627
Dont you mean F22?
>>
File: image.jpg (602KB, 1400x900px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
602KB, 1400x900px
>>29813662
No
>>
>>29813816
That's a T-rex
>>
>>29813524
Nah, paratroopers. Drop them behind enemy lines in the softer rear units so they can play hell with supply lines and logistics teams.
>>
>>29813524
Dino D-Day. Find it on Steam.

Raptors are definitely the OP class to pick.
>>
How differently would vietnam had played out if instead of the standard infantry we air dropped 62,000 raptors at key locations around the jungle?
>>
>>29813614
>Big targets
They're about the size of a chicken...and no, I don't mean the giant ones the Aussies lost to.
>>
File: 1460590472292.jpg (95KB, 956x677px) Image search: [Google]
1460590472292.jpg
95KB, 956x677px
>>29813524
Lions and tigers and bears oh my. Dangerous wild life still exists. Raptors are literally no more dangerous than a Bengal Tiger, probably actually a lot less dangerous. They were small birds with teeth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4t0aeTX954

Plus Cassowary birds.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Vqs2ZOOirk

tl;dr
Raptors would be shit tier infantry.
>>
>>29813524
They'd be better suited for guerrilla type warfare considering they were actually pretty damned small. Get them to damage supply lines, pick of stragglers or sentries, night raids, that sort of deal. Deinonychus and Utahraptors would be better for a stand up fight, but not by much considering raptors in general are relatively frail. You might see more success of you went the Clever Girl route and had them flank the guys you were shooting at.
>>
>>29814007

Cassowaries are basically the Emu Special Forces.

No wonder the Australians lost.
>>
>>29813524
>spooked by loud noises
>need to hunt constantly to survive
>pack dynamics
>no ranged ability

PsyOp weapon of terror for woodland or jungle combat at best
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.