[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CHECKMATE ANTI GUN LOBBYISTS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: gsr-s6-e13-austraila-image-02.jpg (161KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
gsr-s6-e13-austraila-image-02.jpg
161KB, 1280x720px
https://anongalactic.com/australias-gun-laws-20-years-on/
>>
>>29798273

I'm not for a gun ban but don't really see the problem with a registry. Just helps to keep tabs on guns and where they're going. You have to register your car.
>>
>>29798324
Guess what, you've just created a perfect tool for criminals looking for guns to steal, because the US government is going to be stupid enough to make it publicly available AND include people's names and addresses in it.
>>
>>29798324
lol
>implying criminals will register shit

oh b-but keep da tabs
>because a criminal will abide by a registry when say buying a gun private sale to commit a crime, thus leaving a paper trail.

fuck off with this nonsense. A possible leak would happen with a registry of who has guns or not. fuck that.
>>
>>29798324
get lost you fascist piece of shit. you dont belong here.
>>
>>29798324
Let me lay it out for you
A best case scenario where it's not abused:
"Hey we found a murder weapon, let's trace it to see if we have a lead"
"Oh it's stolen, so much for leads"

A worst case scenario:
"Hey, this guy owns guns and said something critical the gubbamint on Twitter, let's do a no-knock raid at 4am and shoot everything that moves"

Likely scenario:
A bunch of added paperwork for no actual benefit while providing an easy way to make small mistakes and get fucked raw by the long arm of the law. Also I'm sure it would make private sales kill, on top of being a springboard for more horseshit
>>
>>29798324
>You have to register your car.
Instead of saying that we should have to register guns because we have to register cars, why not question whether car registration is really a good thing?
>>
>>29798324
you belong in prison
>>
>>29798324
I agree with you. It would cut off a lot of stupid crimes committed with guns, because most of those are done by retards too lazy or scared to register their guns.

>>29799521
Yeah that's totally why cars are stolen every day, m8
>>
File: weapon_trends.png (21KB, 700x381px) Image search: [Google]
weapon_trends.png
21KB, 700x381px
>>29798273
>but guns are the problem
As usual people don't want to admit the real problem.
>>
>>29799595
Car registration is a good thing. We don't even need to argue that.
>>
>>29799611
Only if you're on public land. On your own land you can do whatever the fuck you please, too bad guns aren't like that
>>
File: 1451152322869.jpg (18KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
1451152322869.jpg
18KB, 350x350px
>>29799611
>car registration is a good thing
>don't need to argue
>>
>>29799604
>Yeah that's totally why cars are stolen every day, m8
No, but having a database of gun owners lets you know if someone has a lot of guns, which makes that person a potentially profitable target to hit.

>>29799619
>On your own land you can do whatever the fuck you please, too bad guns aren't like that
That's how they are, unless you're in a shitty state that requires you to register everything.
>>
>>29798324
fucking git
>>
>>29799622
Yeah maybe you also want to drive on public roads, funded with my tax money, without insurance? How about that?
>>
>>29799644
On my own land I can't own an SBR, SBS, or suppressor without going through a good bit of paperwork, cost, and waiting
On my own land I can't build a machine gun because of ATF fuckery
On my own land I can't build a gun with more than X number of foreign-made parts because of 922r

But goddammit if I wanted to build a 40-ton Killdozer then no one would have a problem with it as long as I didn't take it onto public roads.
>>
>>29799675
>insurance = registration

no.
>>
ITT: Inbred, psychotic, amerishits.
>>
Hand-wringers should just buy life insurance.
>>
>>29799769

I mean, /k/ is easy to troll, but you still have to -try- a little.
>>
>>29799740
How does one ensure all cars are insured if there is no registry on who has purchased insurance and linked that insurance to their vehicle.
>>
>>29799521
Criminals don't look up a registry to decide where they'll burgle next. They case out a neighborhood and pick the house that's the most vulnerable, and take whatever is inside.
>>
>>29799606
Crazy how nature do that.
>>
File: 3jxAySb.jpg (4KB, 264x57px) Image search: [Google]
3jxAySb.jpg
4KB, 264x57px
>>29800447
>looking for vulnerabilities and value
>don't bother checking if they have guns
>>
>>29798324
>http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/04/daniel-zimmerman/happens-register-guns/
You're a retard.
t. Puerto Rican
>>
>>29800447
They do. This was a huge problem in Canada and one of the leading reasons the registry was dissolved.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.