[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/meg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 328
Thread images: 18

File: 1458759640218.jpg (26KB, 451x292px) Image search: [Google]
1458759640218.jpg
26KB, 451x292px
/meg/- Military Enlistment General
Back to SF/Seals edition

Be the You that Believes in Yourself (in the polygraph at MEPS) edition

>IRC Channel
>implying anyone uses IRC
#MEG on Freenode
If you're on mobile look up AndroIRC for the app. Any questions, ask in the thread to get you set up.

Resources:

>Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

>Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

>Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

>http://www.corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

>http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff. Good site for Marines info too.

>http://www.uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

>www.defencejobs.gov.au/
For info on the Australian Defense Force, and how you can shitpost on the world stage.

>https://www.airwarriors.com/community/
Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

OP template
http://pastebin.com/sb5Gv1dW

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
http://pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

Which branch are you enlisting/enlisted/considering?
http://strawpoll.me/6764857

Ask questions, get advice from retards on how to lie on the poly, bitch about recruiters, accuse each other of stolen valor, just keep it in this general.
Use the IRC pussies
>>
Reposting:
Would I have any chance of joining the airforce and actually getting to fly planes if I joined midway through college or afterwards? I want to know if I should start now or if I can start after I'm done with college.
I'm going to study EE, I'm working on a pilot's license, and I'm fit enough to join, if any of that info is helpful.
>>
https://discord.gg/0y3eBT2ji4swMWGW
discord server
http://www.sealswcc.com/
SEAL site
forgot to add them
>>
Any pilots/crew here?
>>
>>29795125
every once in a while apache pilot guy and crews pop in maybe once every other thread or so
>>
>>29795125
they post selfies and shitpost from time to time
>>
>>29795073
You faggots literally have a discord?

Jesus fuck.

I bet you all play dogshit games like League of legends and Heartstone too
>>
>>29795035
NOVEMBER RAIN

tell me what i need to know about being a good SIGNINT guy
how does one get selected to be in SMU? how does one get the chance to go to Ranger school from AIT?
where are we most likely to get stationed? what determines this? best to worst?
>>
>>29795175
we havent played games on it
yet
>>
>>29795229
kek
>>
>>29794985
IIRC you have to be 30 or younger at the time of enlistment for 18x

So your family told you it's a young mans game and to steer clear? That's strange because everyone on professional soldiers just responds with
>I've seen people in their 40's pass SFAS, as long as you're not a liability to the team go for it.
>>
>>29795282
damn that was quick wtf was it
>>
>>29795306
for combat control it's 26
>>
>>29795335

I read that it's 28 for combat control. You have to be 28 to go into the field, or 28 when you entered the military.

Where are you getting 26 from? That isn't true.
>>
Five threads, still waiting on 11x.
The ride never ends.
>>
>>29795306
yes but like i said, its a quality of life thing. he did 25 years in SF, and he is broken. both ear drums fucked, TBI, PTSD, fucked knees back and feet, and night terrors on occasion. and he's not even 50.
Ranger has very similar problems, only he's younger and has more medals.
i went intel because i have always wanted to serve, but i waited too long. so I'll do a few years, see how it goes. if i love it, I'll make a career out of it. if i love the life but hate my job, maybe I'll reclass if i reup. if i hate it all, I'll max out all schools and training and pad my resume and get out and make money.
but yeah if i joined 10 years ago i would have gone SOF, 100%
>>
>>29795352
your right

http://www.military.com/special-operations/joining-air-force-special-tactics.html
>>
>>29795401
just go 18X, nigger
>>
Redpill me on Navy BCT and Navy Reserves please?
>>
>>29795404
Cool, I'm turning 27 soon and looking at SF it's the only thing that I want to do 100%

Funny thing is, I know when I was 21 I was nowhere near mature enough.
>>
>>29795511
SF dad still works in SOF community as a contractor, so i get to meet a lot of those guys. lots of sf, rangers, seals, sere guys, even cag dudes. they all cut up and joke around like a bunch of teenagers, and their war stories are usually funny, not serious. but like i said, they're all fucked. mentally and physically.
>fun fact, almost all the CAG guys in my area go to the same church. i've always wanted to go, just for kicks
>>
First time in a minute I opened this thread and it wasn't full of 35 series and other POG mos questions. Ayy.
>>
>>29795203
>>29795588
>>
>>29795605
Well me fuck me.
>>
>>29795588
I goes through cycles of
>Obviously wanting a job after getting out
And
>18x or Opt.40

>>29795583
Ever since I was a kid reading about LRRP in Nam' and the Green Berets I wanted to do that stuff.
Specifically go teach others to fight, that's why I'm so interested in SF.

I figured dying or getting fucked up was part f the job. Not doing anything else with my life so as long as I can teach others I'm happy.
>>
>>29795641
was talking to SF guys the other day about this. they said its fucked up training these people that they could very well be fighting in the next few years. that's why they "hold back" and teach them outdated tactics from like the 70s
>>
Good luck with fucking selection.

I honestly doubt anyone here would pass selection.

Those people that go through it and pass never speak about it openly in forums like this. They don't brag about signing for it or talk about it (lets be honest you're not looking for advice you're looking for reassurance and mutual praise).

Two hot shit soldiers from my unit recently went through it and both dropped out. They don't suck they have experience, skills, fitness etc.

Don't jump into 18x contracts just to try it out. You WILL drop out real quick.
>>
>>29795681

I'm planning to do two years in first just to see if I even like being in the military before I try to reclass into any SOF field.
>>
>>29795670
I got that impression from a lot of 18B's online. Don't teach tomorrow's enemy how to shoot too straight.

How was growing up in an SF family?
>>
>>29795681
Calm down billy bad ass no 18x baby is taking your seat in selection.

>Not that you'd go, we all know projection when we see it.
>>
>>29795705
Jimmy Stare's actual website right now is just the home screen (he likes to mess around) so here's a good article about going "all in" from a different forum.

http://www.oafnation.com/hitter-feed/2015/7/14/kyyu8xkpwgc6n085632gnm5di2tp0j
>>
>>29795711
father was navy for 22 years, enlisted and officer. moved around a lot and saw a lot. jets and ships
mother remarried a SF guy she met, and we hit it off great. solid dude, give him a few beers and he'll tell you about Somalia or Panama or Iraq or Afghanistan or whatever the fuck else you want to know. takes me shooting all the time. introduces me to CAG rangers seals sere guys. he was a drill instructor for 4 years so he's been helping me get ready for basic.
my father was a naval intelligence officer so he's helping me out with my POG intel MOS. all in all i've been incredibly lucky
>>
>>29795750
No desire to. Those guys are a whole different breed. I'm not ready to shift 100% of my time to my unit. I'd rather stay my ass with my line platoon than hump clicks after clicks with 110 pound rucks and rounds.

Just wrote what I saw myself, no need to tease me if you aren't going to pump my dick all the way.
>>
>>29795442
Isn't available.
>>
>>29795814
it was yesterday, saw it at MEPS
>>
general info on navy/air force intel? transferable skills? enlisted btw
>>
>>29795583
Are they assholes usually?
>>
>>29795932
super fucking nice guys, if they know you. full of hate and distrust to anyone not in their circle. if you have your rank or operation desert storm bumper stickers, you're dead to them. my stepdad gets the "so you're sort of like a navy seal, right" all the time, drives him nuts.
but to family and friends, they're nice and funny and generally cool.
>>
What kind of full tume jobs do people that join the reserves usally have? Just wondering if I would fit in.
>>
File: image.jpg (420KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
420KB, 1536x2048px
>>29795125
>>29795140
>>29795144
Apachebro here. Let the shitposting commence.
>>
>>29795144
Lel you must be that butthurt prior service aspiring AF officer fagget
>>
>>29796114
did you go in as mechanic, get good, become door gunner? are you going to go warrant and fly your own? do you have the urge to play it ain't me sometimes? do you ever say get some while shooting out of the door?
>>
>>29796150
I went in street to seat. That was taking when I was training some peeps on a 47.
>>
>>29796132
no i enjoy the BTFO shit, that whole exchange was gold
>wtf do you know?
>postsselfieinuniform.jpg
>a-anyone can buy that uniform
>postspicofskylinefromchopper.png
>s-shut up faggot
>>
>>29796165
I'm crazy jealous. i have 20/50 and 20/200 vision, wish i could have done that
>>
File: image.jpg (198KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
198KB, 640x1136px
>>29796169
I have a few of those nuggets saved.
>>
>>29795826
Shenanigans.
>>
>>29796185
Get it corrected my friend, a lot of guys wear glasses, a lot get lasik
>>
>>29795772
Someone fucked his wife.
>>
>>29796210
nope. kid went in there trying to go 11X with Ranger option, lost his shit in the liaison office, they kept telling him there's still a few Xray slots left. dude brought his family to watch him swear in and everything.
>i don't WANT to be a fucking Green Beret, MOM. i wanna be a goddamn Ranger

exact quote.
>>
>>29796268
Sounds like he never would have made it anyway.

>>29795772
There is a whole lot of jaded anger in that that gives the impression that we are not getting the full story.
>>
>>29796355
yeah i talked to him a little bit in the cafeteria, typical young jock, not really bright, says bro a lot. i asked him about the ranger thing and he goes "oh you heard that shit? yeah bro its fucked up, how can there be no fucking infantry spots?" and went on telling me how shit SF is and how he's going to be DELTA one day.
point being, he was built and athletic enough, but threw a temper tantrum TWICE when he didn't get his way. so yeah i doubt he'd make it but who knows, at least he wants to try. i can't really talk shit in that aspect
>>
>>29796422
There is something to be said for knowing it's not your lane and not wasting the communities time.

Guy sounds like a douche.
>>
If I am mentally ill can I still get a non-combat job in the military after I complete my Comp Eng degree?
>>
>>29796445
no arguments there
>>
Any cyptobros? Just signed for ctr, it's hard af to find any information about it.
>>
>>29796459
no.
>>
>>29796459
What mental illness?
If it's not too severe and you can hide it well enough, possibly, but I would advise against it.
>>
>>29796268
So there were no 11x available, and they gave him an 18x? Sounds like a cancellation and a pick up. Makes sense if it was at MEPS.
>>
>>29796537
they told him there were a few 18X spots available, but no 11X

i don't know if he took it or not, but i doubt it from the way he was talking. a prior service marine took an 18X that day
>>
>>29796524
Shit, I figured.
>>29796531
Bipolar II, I don't think I could hide it. I would eventually run out of meds.
>>
While we are talking about SF

Theoretically I filled out my sf86 and marked no under not having any traffic tickets over 300 dollars. I did this even though I had a red light ticket because I wanted to contest the ticket and get it dropped. So now having had my first security interview and gone through MEPS last week, I am thinking there is enough time to call security clearance lady and get my answer changed to yes and to just say I forgot about the ticket, which was given 3 months ago. (court date is next month)

How much stress should I have on this? Theoretically I have an 18x contract and ship soon.
>>
>>29796584

>bipolar 2

You should be able to get meds easily enough for the depression part otc, but idk about meds for the manic episodes.
>>
>>29796599

Just contest the ticket.
>>
>>29796606
I take an antipsychotic. Not sure how I would get that but thanks anyway. I have years to figure this out.
>>
>>29796599
don't even worry about it.

how long ago? when you go on DOT website and check your record, does it show up?

in all honesty you'll be alright. if they specifically ask you about it, say oh shit my bad i forgot, but i contested it and its taken care of
>>
>>29796625

It was issued in Jan. I dont know if it shows up because I live in Cali but I requested some files from Caltrans so we'll see.

>>29796613
Yeah thats the plan ive just been stressin
>>
is it normal to be depressed right before you ship out?
>>
>>29796725
Kek just wait til basic. Then you'll know depression.
>>
>>29796731
anon pls, i'll be too tired/in "don't fuck up" mode to be drepressed (hopefully)
>>
>>29796725
Completely normal.
Don't ship if you're having second thoughts. Do your research, there's no penalty to just choosing not to ship. Literally nothing happens.
>>
>>29796725
Not today mate
>>
>>29796755
nah i just feel like shit/am irratable/wish i was dead for no reason, i'm not questioning my decision making
>>29796773
que?
>>
>>29796725

We have sames anon

I feel depressed because life seems to reject me so much as a civilian

As much as i have accepted that the only place left for me is the military it is strange to know i have developed into the kind of human who simply cannot function without rules, aggression, and an antagonistic environment
>>
>>29796788
do you also just wish your family would shut the fuck up about it instead of making it a huge thing but also don't want to leave them?
>>
>>29796725
my stomach turned/did a flip when i was swearing in. every time i think about it I'm like "holy fuck, what am i doing?"
>>
>>29796800

I am 23 and have only told my family a few days after enlisting. I have asked them to remain quiet about it. No facebook photos or telling anybody online. I havent even told my dad yet.

It is not so big a deal for me. I do not live with parents anyway. My brother was different, he let everybody know. The more OPSEC you keep it the easier it is to control who is freaking out over you
>>
>Join in the intelligence field
>Tell my family not to tell anyone
>They fucking call and text fucking everyone in the family tree about it

Goddamn it
>>
>>29796908
ah, i'm 18, so it's really different. i have a ton of aunts/uncles that never had kids, so i've basically been the "last hope" of two different family trees (divorced parents). they've been supportive and shit but they can be so goddamn annoying
>>
>>29796968
You have to be careful about who you let know. I guess one of my recruiters only let his mother know he was in after he was at basic and he was lucky to get a letter back

>>29796973

Just keep a positive attitude I guess. You cant stop them from caring too much or sperging out
>>
>>29796968
Lol, you were born of retards.

>Trying to drop weight
>For the first week family actively tried sabotaging my diet
>Most of the way through the second week they are 'helping' by picking up things like carrots, but talk shit and judge me mercilessly

Fuck family.
>>
>>29795125
Well I got my orange chamber card and passed aircrew fundamentals.
>>
>>29797425
Tell us more anon
>>
>>29796968

Your job in the military is a matter of public record. You shouldn't blast it out to everyone, but other people knowing isn't going to hurt anything by itself.
>>
I'm hoping on going into the Navy as an SWO soon. How are most of the other officers?
>>
>>29796968
This is why the rest of the Army makes fun of you constantly. You have convinced yourselves that your fat, lazy asses are somehow significant yet you matter 5% out of 100 during real world operations.

Give me another infantry fire team in lieu of an intelligence operative.
>>
>>29798621

Sorry bro, can't hear your bitching over how much better my quality of life is.

Besides, I still get to work mission without being deployed, instead of beating off in a motor pool.
>>
>>29798720
Defending your fat ass life style by further telling us how fat ass your lifestyle is.

You're pathetic.

They ought to assign different uniforms for people like you who don't really deserve the title Army.
>>
>>29798729

I'd love some sort of sweet office uniform so that nobody gets me mixed up with the combat arms fucktards that drudge around post trying not to get a DUI on their way to beat their stepdaughters.

How does it feel to be utterly useless in an environment where we're deploying so few combat arms that SOF alone can get the job done without even needing to call in the masses of rabble?
>>
>>29798740
>How does it feel
Not so good. We want war. Our philosophy is, "Give me a rifle and point me in the right direction."

But that's the difference between us. We fight - you worry about how old the coffee is.
>>
you both sound like boot faggots, get over yourselves

everyone has a job to do
>>
>>29799274
And you sound like a woman trying to appease.
>>
>>29799467
>I'm infuntree i dun ned no halp
>I am military intelligence, therefore I am intelligent

what would infantry do without intel?
>drop soldiers off in the desert, tell them to figure it the fuck out
what would the point of intel be without a ground force?
>yep, looks like the hostiles are still there, sir
what would anyone do without food services, mechanics, supply etc?
>>
>>29799499
Junior, Infantry WAS intel. The fuck are you thinking. I spent 3 years in LRS. Perhaps you ought to sharpen your brain before engaging your mouth.
>>
>>29799514
you're a dumb nigger if you think they do it on their own

>did your unit just decide one day to go fight some desert people?
>did you bring your own weapons and clothes that you bought?
>did you walk to Afghanistan from USA?
>did you buy food at McDonald's in Kabul?

see where i'm going with this, senpai?
>>
>>29799547
I get your point but I was disarmed by the thought of discussing actual military operations.
>>
>>29799573
i'm just saying everyone who joins any branch gets my respect, no matter the job. its more than most people ever do
>>
>>29795681
They probably got peer'd out

if you are a huge cunt you usually get peer'd out
>>
>>29798729
>real army
>infantry in 2016
beating off while mowing lawns in garrison is a cool mos I guess
>>
>>29799757
i heard they post pics of all the potential candidates and anyone can come by and put an X on their face, and that's it. if someone doesn't agree, they can ask why and then whoever blackballed him can stand up and explain. its usually unanimous
you can get all the way through and at the final review they can deny you without explanation, and tell you to try again.
>>
File: image.png (3KB, 217x219px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
3KB, 217x219px
Hey 1a9x1 guy if u stop in here can U answer some of these questions, do you get deployed often and where? Civilian opportunities? Is that job high in demand? im going to meps soon and really have my eye on that job. If there's anything you'd like to add about ur day to day life as that job that'd b based as fuk. Thanks plz respond :^)
>>
>>29799499
>Intel without a ground force

This exists, it's called working a strategic mission.
>>
>>29800673
do they feed clothe and arm themselves?
>>
So can I pilot NOT wear glasses?

I'm hearing very conflicting info. My visions sucks, maybe 20/60, but corrected with glasses it's like 20/20.

I spoke with a gunnery sergeant who was the assistant to an OSO recruiter for the USMC, told him I wanted to be a pilot. He told me since I wear glasses I'm not eligible, he also told me I should go to an aviation college and shit to help me pass the ASTB, also told me I should get my private pilot's license to also help pass the ASTB.

Should I just fucking do AFROTC?
>>
>>29800738
hes wrong, marines is 20/40 correctable to 20/20, and you can have PRK corrective eye surgery
>>
>>29800771
Okay, so after more researching it seems even the Air Force allows people to fly with glasses, but they do want their pilots to get PRK after their training.

Why the fuck did this guy tell me this?
>>
Not sure if this belongs here, but is there anybody in Czech military willing to share our advice? Currently, im thinking about joining it and i want to know if i would be doing good decision.
>>
>>29800712

What? I'm not armed and haven't touched a rifle in probably three years. I clothe myself at the shop on post (shipped in by civilians) or wear civilian clothes to work. I haven't visited a DFAC in god knows how long.

Besides, the question was "what would the point of intel be without a ground force?" The point is, not all intel supports ground forces.
>>
I'm in the national guard as a wheeled vehicle mechanic, and my civilian job is patrol officer.

I have 1 year left on my police contract and 3 on my army contract; my question is, could I join the navy?

I'd probably just work out the last year on my police contract, then get a release from my commander (if possible).

What would my options in the navy be?
>>
>>29800883
sounds like you're just arguing to argue
>ACK-CHUALLLLYYY
>>
>>29800979

A conditional release from the National Guard to go active Army is pretty tough to get. Getting one to go Navy is going to be even harder.

You can try, but I would not bet on it.
>>
>>29801018
I figured as much, they only give them out to soldiers who fuck themselves up and can't find work. Oh well, I'll be 29 when I'm done in the guard, the navy takes prior service, but they probably don't have anything for my mos, do they?

I have asi for recovery vehicles, tracked vehicles, and generators as well if it helps.

Pretty much just planning for the future
>>
How difficult would it be to obtain security clearance with something like a drug charge on your record?
>>
>>29801060
In my experience, you'll get pretty much zero. Which means no mp, no medical jobs.

You'll be an ordnance soldier, senpai.
>>
>>29801080
Even in the Marines?
>>
>>29800838
because its harder to do work to not fuck people over

if you arent already set on joining and are smart enough to be a pilot, then they cant really pull wool over you too often to fuck you sideways
>>
>>29801088
They're stricter on drugs than the army, you better not have tattoos, I'd say.
>>
>>29801125
I mean, I was just exploring options since I'm a college freshman. But still, Why just lie? Or maybe he is misinformed?
>>
>>29801164
No tattoos, possession of marijuana in 2014, no run ins with the law since. I feel that after the interview they would feel confident of my character but I don't want to get shafted either. Are hair tests common for something like this?
>>
How useful is it to be an eagle scout in the army?
>>
>>29802955

It gets you a promotion when you join (E-2 or E-3, depending on what else you have). Aside from that, you might have a little more experience working in teams or with some basic fieldcraft. Just don't make a big deal about it, nobody gives a shit.
>>
>>29803026
this, rank. my dad was eagle, E-3 after basic. when he left A school he was up for E-4. up for E-5 within 3 years of enlistment, not bad at all
>>
File: Polish Flag.png (19KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Polish Flag.png
19KB, 2560x1600px
Any Poles here? Anyone going to basics in a few days?
>>
File: 120504-N-ZZ785-088_CRP-3-2.jpg (45KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
120504-N-ZZ785-088_CRP-3-2.jpg
45KB, 640x427px
Any tips on how to choose an MOS That you like? Or how to have the least suckiest time whilst serving?
>>
>>29803667

First priority should be something you can stand doing for the next 3-20 years of your life. Second priority should be opportunities post-service. Think about what you enjoy doing and what you are good at. Do research.
>>
I have a major depression diagnosis that I got when I was 15 (which isn't true, it was situational). Can I get this diagnosis reversed or get a waiver?

I wanna do special forces of some type. Considering the SEALs or becoming a PJ.
>>
>>29803767
I had the same thing and I'm in just fine. Also diagnosed at 15, as well.

I refused all treatment, drugs and therapy though and just kinda learned to deal with i and get better by myself, so I doubt there's any record of it. It shouldn't lock you out off anything unless you bring it up.
>>
Are the MAVNI program and attaining permanent residency the only two ways for a ron-resident to join the US military?
>>
Shipping out tomorrow, just saw I'll be getting the new OCP instead of that shitty sand digital crap. I'm not sure why this makes me happy, but it does.
>>
>>29804059
same, I'll be fucking pissed if i get ACU
>>
>>29804059
also, where you headed?
>>
>>29804059
>>29804104
It's called UCP and scorpion or multicam you plebs
>>
>>29804115
Benning, and then Gordon for AIT. Lots of Georgia heat and humidity for me.
>>
>>29804120
what's the digitized shitshow called, patrician?
>>
>>29804139
good luck, i'm going to fucking Sill in june. kill me now
>>
>>29804206
....UCP, like I said. The ACU is the uniform, UCP is the pattern.
>>
>>29804350
yeah that one, it fucking sucks
>>
>>29804449
Yes everyone who's been in the army since 2003 is aware.
>>
>>29803921
They did describe me antidepressants, which have made my life hell and caused awful mood swings, which I'm in the process of getting off of. Would this prevent it?
>>
>>29804660
*prescribe. Autocorrect
>>
I love when people bash intel.
We are constantly told we are the top of the top, especially in intel.
>>
>>29804713
Whatever you gotta tell yourself, pal
>>
>>29804713
this only happens on /meg/ right? I'd laugh in someone's face if they called me a pog irl and were being serious
>>
lied about pretrial diversion program in Elyria, OH as a juvenile, no arrest and no prints, but a fine for graffiti
I even called the same court I had to attend and they said no record was found
Inna Army DEP, shipping in early July
Got out of MEPS a couple weeks ago, nothing has come up yet, am I fucked? My recruiter says to keep quiet
>>
>>29801051
You could always consider aviation mechanics. Navy never has enough of them.
>>
>>29805741
I'm in a similar boat. charges dropped and expunged, but no records found so i went with it.
>>
>>29795872
>>29795872
>>
Suppose that I'm not a bad person by 4chan standards, but might be by normal person standards. Would that stop me from getting clearances? Have never done anything particularly illegal or anything v&worthy.
>>
>>29806637
you're fine. there's like a 99% chance you'll never get a lifestyle polygraph. but stop torrenting now, its technically hacking
>>
>>29806663

Even if I'm seeking ts clearance?

I'll stop torrenting.
>>
>>29806994
you may get a counterintelligence one at some point in your career
>>
>>29807217

Eh, I've got nothing to hide in that department.
>>
>>29807247
lol like torrents, right?
>>
>>29807279

More or less. I have foreign friends, but nobody who is likely to be a spy.
>>
>>29807316
they don't care, the security interview lady almost had an aneurysm because i didn't disclose travel to foreign countries almost 15 years ago
>SF86 said 7 years
>if they wanted me to list every time, i would have
i can't wait till OPM starts combing through my Facebook friends
>>
>>29795681

You're just as bad as the lads mouthing off on facebook that dey gunna be speshul froces.

Quit being a kant.
>>
>>37007847
>>
Time for tech school class gents.
>>
>>29811781
where you at senpai?
>>
>>29811941
In yer ass senpai
>>
>>29812006
ebin m8
>>
BMT, Security Forces.
Can anybody tell me what sort of certification, if any, you get during path? Also the same with dog handling, if you are able to enter that AFS.
>>
>>29812039
You're a certifiable faggot afterwards.
>>
Am I too old to join now that I'm 23.
>>
>>29812067
No
>>
>>29805741
Unless you needed a clearance you're probably fine
>>
>>29812102
do you really think this faggot is going to join? he can't even be bothered to google the most basic shit
>>
>>29812393
I thought he meant too old as in compared to the kids enlisting right out of high school, not the maximum age limit (which is like 40 something in the guard)
>>
>>29811473

>>37007847
>>
>>29796114
I want to be a Army aviator. I want to do ROTC in college, is this a realistic path to aviator?
>>
File: 1462214920673693194333.jpg (2MB, 1944x2592px) Image search: [Google]
1462214920673693194333.jpg
2MB, 1944x2592px
Afternoon /Meg/
>>
>>29812039
SecFo is literally the lowest tier job besides personnel in the entire AF. Sure we need em but gotdayum shitty job
>>
File: 1459944739396.png (382KB, 600x376px) Image search: [Google]
1459944739396.png
382KB, 600x376px
>tfw 26

I would've done it by now

I just wanted to be a ranger
>>
>>29813275
Yes. The majority of my platoon leaders and company commanders were ROTC
>>
What is it like enlisting as an E-4? Do you get a lot of shit? Is the shit worth it? How long does it take to become seen as a normal E-4?

pic unrelated
>>
>>29813631
I know it's nothing glamorous but it is foot in the door for security/IncomeOutgo and stuff, which is what I did before and what I plan on doing after.

The only reason I'm not doing it right now is the rig count is down, oil has bottomed out and I got layed off.
>>
After my ASTB score, my recruiter suggested I try for something like information warfare or cryptology as a backup if my original plan doesn't work. But I'm almost certain I'll fail a polygraph. What's a military polygraph like? Could I get disqualified for something like having an allthefallen account? Also, I wasn't planning on taking a polygraph, so I lied and said I hadn't smoked weed when I in fact have. So I either lie during the polygraph or admit that I lied to get that far. Which is worse?
>>
>>29813848
?
>>
>>29813992
>allthefallen
>"What the hell is that?"
>google it
Don't even try to get TS clearance.
>>
>>29813806

oh well as long as you "just" wanted to be a member of an elite special operations regiment then okay, that's not much to ask
>>
>>29814235
Yeah, that's kind of what I figured.
>>
File: 1460329215876.jpg (87KB, 715x589px) Image search: [Google]
1460329215876.jpg
87KB, 715x589px
All memes aside, is Nuke that much worse than other engineering rates?
Due to bad eyesight I'm DQ'ed from coolguy stuff.
>>
>>29813992
they might ask about the loli thing but its not a dealbreaker
maybe
better hope your references and the references that they give dont mention it
The next IW/IP board is june and you need your stuff in by next week iirc so you might not make it for this one
>>
>>29814832
The job I really want only has boards that meet once or twice a year, so I'm in no rush right now, but thank you for the information.

They shouldn't mention it, I'm not a complete retard. I have a professional e-mail address, a normal internet one, and then another one I use for the really bad stuff like that, F-list and derpibooru. A regular job background check won't look that deep, i'm sure, but something hardcore would probably connect everything. Nothing illegal, just highly immoral.

Does failing a polygraph have any consequences outside of disqualifying you from the job you're applying for? Like if I fail it, would it disqualify me from OTHER jobs that don't require a polygraph? And is it just yes/no questions, or do you explain answers while hooked up?
>>
when in college I was prescribed antidepressants and smoked weed, will I have any problems enlisting if I just don't admit to either?
>>
>>29814667

Depends what you mean by "worse". It's one of the most academically challenging training pipelines in the military, and quality of life tends to be worse than other similarly academic job fields.
>>
>>29815041
Honestly I dunno about the polygraph I don't think you get one off the bat, that's like more down the line so if you fail it you'll probably get a black mark on your record and won't be able to do your designation or make the next board.

I don't think they go through Internet shit otherwise I would be barred from the shit I've said on this site alone. I don't remember if the sf86 asked about sexual deviance.
I'm applying to this coming board in June so we'll see. I might be wrong about everything
>>
>>29795072
Check in and see if your college has an AFROTC detachment, if so, contact them as soon as possible. You're going to find it very difficult to get an OCS slot otherwise.
>>
>>29813840
Considering I enlisted as an E-4 and am currently getting ready to report to the USO to get in my cow truck to Benning, I'll be able to offer you a very comprehensive guide. Several long months from now.
>>
>>29815055
Good luck getting an answer. Most of the people here answer repetitive and shitty questions like:
>Lel i did nuke guise, am i fuked?
>Muhreeeens or urmy?
>Shold i join b4 or aftr college?
I plan on lying, but from what i've compiled, they only know what you tell them.
>>
>>29815928
>>29815055
>they only know what you tell them.
This. Unless they have reason to look, which they won't if you don't give them one, civilian medical records are private and will not be looked at by the military. The big thing is that you need to commit to any lie. If you commit and are found out, it's not unreasonable to say that you forgot, but if you admit to lying then you're fucked. Better to be seen as stupid than malicious.
>>
>>29815562
Alright, that's enough reassurance that I'm not willing to write it off just yet. And I don't think it'll set off any red flags if I talk to my recruiter about being nervous about the polygraph, especially since it's not a job I was considering when I initially walked in.
>>
>>29816023

The important thing to remember about the polygraph is that for 99% of stuff they don't care what you actually did. Weird porn, drugs, whatever. They aren't the morality police, and tons of people in the community have that stuff in their file.

They care what you're willing to lie about. If you're trying to hide it from them, that makes you a liability for someone else to come and exploit. Once you tell them, it ceases to be a liability and an issue. Nobody gives a fuck if you look at furry porn, but if you're trying to hide from your boss that you look at furry porn, I can blackmail you over it.
>>
>>29816062
Okay, that brings me back to an original question I had, then. Since I wasn't expecting a poly, I lied to my recruiter and said I hadn't smoked weed when I had once or twice in high school. If I come clean on the poly, will they check that with my original record and disqualify me for lying in the first place?
>>
Does anyone know if there's any 35M positions avaliable?
>>
>>29816644
there is not. unfortunately.
>>
>>29816671
ok, thanks.
>>
what air force jobs help the most in the civilian world?
>>
>>29816977
aircraft maintenance
>>
>>29816977
Any job with "cyber" or "computer" in the title, unless there's an "analyst" at the end.
>>
File: feels.png (225KB, 2400x2400px) Image search: [Google]
feels.png
225KB, 2400x2400px
>>29815853
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mi57d50pCUw
>>
File: giphy.gif (2MB, 450x342px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
2MB, 450x342px
Any one know about becoming a warrant officer both flight and non flight?
>>
>>29816284
you might have to throw your recruiter under the bus for that
what did you put on the sf86?
>>
>>29817107

>Flight

Get your recommendations and apply. You can do it as a civilian or someone already in the military. There's no time-in-service requirement.

>Non-flight

You need to already be a technical expert in your military job. Civilians can't apply (this might change). Usually that means at least 5 years in your military job and record of being a solid and competent NCO.
>>
>>29815928
>>29815962
thanks.
Numerous Opportunities
>>
>>29817146
I filled out so many forms, I honestly don't remember which one that is. Is that the first one that asks yes/no questions about your medical, criminal, and psych history? I put no to everything wherever it asked about drugs and stuff. I haven't used it in the last 7 years, though. It was back in high school. The only thing I answered yes to was color blindness. The only lie on any form was marijuana, which I tried something like 8 or 9 years ago.

Just for the record, if I had planned on trying for clearance, I would have come clean, but my recruiter only suggested that as a backup after my ASTB score came back. I don't have a degree in a technical field (what the website lists as a requirement) so I thought I was unqualified and never considered it.
>>
>>29817402
its not a requirement, only suggested, i dont have a tech degree (it is stem though) and i put my packet for IW/IP

SF86 was a big ass form online where you put in a ton of references and foreign shit and "are you a terrorist" shit and if you did drugs in the last 7 years or ever
i asked my nuke recruiter about the weed use and he said everyone has it nowadays anyway, so i stated it on my APSR and the sf86, but i didnt say it when i went to meps, we'll see how that goes, if they ask ill just say anonymous users convinced me to lie but jiminy cricket told me to fess up after
>>
>>29817447
>>29817402
to add on you need a secret clearance for all officer jobs, but a top secret only for nukes and intel and maybe some other shit that i cant remember
>>
Prior enlisted, JFW RE3. Could be wavered.

At one point I met Army physical standards for the 2 mile, push ups, and sit ups. As of now I can run a mile in roughly 10 minutes and my pushups/situps are unknown.

I hold a GED and no college credits, though I've considered taking a few courses. I work a lot and want to keep my job.

Would the Navy consider me if I wanted to go Reserves, or tell me to buzz off?
>>
Fuck yea, /meg/! 11x hopeful from the past five threads, been helping many out with updated availability lists and medical questions.
Got my slot. Benning in August!

Anyone else going to be there with me?
>>
>>29817447
Oh, okay, that's the one I'm filling out now, I guess. Sorry, lots of forms to keep track of. Is the APSR that first one that I'm talking about? The one I filled out before MEPS?

I'm a bit nervous having one form on record that says no and one that says yes. Should I stick with no on SF86 and then come clean if I have to take a poly? Or should I answer the SF86 completely truthfully even if it contradicts earlier forms? I'm mainly nervous about screwing myself out of the job I really want, which does not require a polygraph, because I was preparing for the backup job.
>>
going to see a recruiter and try to try out for sf tomorrow.
any advice?
>>
>>29817622
Green berets?
Tell us a little about yourself.

>>29817529
>11x hopeful
Y U NO opt.40 dumbass
>>
>>29817520
apsr is the one that goes in the front of the packet "application processing and summary record" that the board sees

the one you filled out before meps is the one giving medical stuff thats just for meps its like medical history or some shit i dunno everyone enlisted/officer does that. thats the one i said no on, but said yes to sf86 and the APSR which goes on the front of the packet
>>
>>29817806
well, ever since i was a kid all i ever wanted to do was be sf.
i wanted to join at 18 but family shit came up and then i got caught up in life.
now i'm 25 and i feel as it may be now or never.

i don't really know what to say.
>>
>>29817875
Fitness level? APFT score? How well do you ruck?

Without Google tell me, wh is thefather of Special Forces
>>
>>29817952
John Paul Jones is always the answer
>>
>>29817806
Ain't nobody got time for that.
Nah, there was only one 11x slot left. Already pushing it out to August.
>>
File: rly.jpg (258KB, 1000x666px) Image search: [Google]
rly.jpg
258KB, 1000x666px
>>29817952

I always assumed it was Francis Marion.
>>
File: 1462239206867493113541.jpg (455KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1462239206867493113541.jpg
455KB, 720x1280px
>>29817875
Bmt was easy as shit. It's just really boring and annoying.
Do Intel. You won't regret it, unless your past is fucked.
Don't be personnel or admin or services, well let me say this, don't go in with an open contract. Get the job you want. Oh and it's not too late I came in and turned 23 during basic.
Still repping the 323rd on this army base.
>>
>>29817952
i'm decently fit, i have hiked a few times and loved it, don't not that score and don't know who the father is.

i'm used to being outside all day working in the hot, cold, humid, and nice weather so i am a little bit prepared for the physical aspect.
>>
>>29818001
>>29818040
>>29818057
Google Colonel Aron Bank
>Helped start OSS in WWII
>Assigned to kidnap Hitler
>Started US SF
>Lived to be over 100

>>29818034
I suggest you look into Ranger so you at least get jump school. If you're going to waste your life in the military in a useless MOS during peace you might as well try for an operator job.

>>29818057
You are so fucked. SFAS is going to eat you alive
>>
>>29818126
yeah, i should get a mentor or at least prepare for this but i just can't keep living like i am so i'm done waiting.
>>
>>29817107
Yes what about it
>>
>>29818157
>I'm going to jump into something I am totally unprepared for because I'm impatient
For a 25 year old you sure act 16, what is your height and weight. What is your run time one and two mile?
>>
anyone have experience with Navy CTN?
>>
>>29818126
>Colonel Aaron Bank
Forgot

>Literally toured around in a fucking car with ho chi minh and tried to get the USA to back him WHICH WOULD HAVE TOTALLY AVOIDED THE VIETNAM WAR
>>
>>29818286
that kind of reminds me of that "ugly american" book
it was a really neat read
>>
>>29818232
5'9" 180lbs
have timed a run since i was in middle school.

to be fair, i've been waiting 7yrs to grow the balls to actually do this and at worst i become an 11b with time to prepare for an actual run at sf.

it's either i do this now or go innawoods and become a nomad
>>
>>29818307
Haven't read it, but if it's anything like that mans life I bet it's amazing.
>>
>>29818353
I tell you this as a fellow /k/unt looking at 18x,

>If you go now
>You WILL fail

Spend a year getting ready. What's your workout schedule look like? How many pullups can you do?
>>
>>29818420
i try to work out every day(m-f) but sometimes i'm too tired from work.
i usually do bench press, deads, pull ups, and that hanging ab workout.

i can do ~20 unweighted pull ups and 10 with 50lbs
>>
>>29818457
If you are serious about SF go buy this book and follow it, you need to ruck like a mad man now.

http://www.amazon.com/Get-Selected-Special-Forces-Successfully/dp/0975355279
>>
>>29818358
It was a really good read. talked about how the diplomats were all aloof and shit towards the people and didnt really give a shit about the "south asian not-vietnamese" people while the russians were really friendly and involved. the diplomats thought pouring in money in big ass projects would let people like them but it didnt work and small shit like handing out rice and food like the russians did work. they never bothered with the culture or the language and the embassies were pretty closed off to the world

the americans that the people did like were the ones that lived with the people and were very involved and always tried to be helpful and inventive with shit that would actually help their day to day life. they said "we love americans when we go visit the united states but hate the ones that come to us"
>>
>>29818604
The American fighting man can win any war any place any time, so long as the American politician doesn't fuck it up.
>>
>Filling out Nasis forms
>Have no friends to put as references
>Didn't keep in touch with college friends, so I have no idea what their numbers and addresses are now.
Fug
>>
>>29817529
anon is always with you my friend, on the internet, in spirit, watching you masturbate.
>>
>>29817952
ur mum

assuming you're special forces yourself? because if you're not you need to shut the fuck up and stop appointing yourself gatekeeper on the internet.
>>
>>29818985
Fuck off, aimless shits that enlist 18x because they have nothing else going on in their lives are failures waiting to happen that take a slot from a potential SF member.
>>
>>29819589
:(
>>
>>29819674
It's the truth. It's mean and it's hard to hear, but it's the truth.
>>
>>29819902
and yet i don't care :)
>>
>>29819939
Are you the person going 18x with zero prep and knowledge?
>>
>>29820124
da
>>
>>29820135
You are a selfish asshole and a short sighted one at that. You should join the SEALs.
>>
>>29819939
Go to Professionalsoldiers.com and let them know about your plans, specifically post in the PT area and SF questions area.

Be sure to reay why your joining
>>
>>29820223
not sexy enough
>>
Are the reserves actually fun?
>>
>>29820789
are niggers people?
>>
any HM's here? i heard its a boatload of fun rucking with muhreens
>>
When will I grow up enough to not want to do operator stuff and be satisfied with working in a highly skilled, critically undermanned role?
>>
>>29818034
>Implying I'm not just doing it for rank.
But I'll consider anything available.
>Peacetime
Because that will last forever.
>>
>>29818709
Went through this exact scenario a couple months ago
>>
>>29795035
Any way to ensure I get assignment/stationed in Hawaii, for any branch?
Because I really love Hawaii and I need it
>>
>>29823010
no
>>
>>29822093
What'd you end up doing?
>>
>>29823010
1N3 who gets Chinese or Korean
>>
>>29816062
But if u lie at MEPs do u have to lie on te poly or no?
>>
>>29824410
I've asked about 50 times if OPM has access to your enlistment paperwork, nobody has ever given a straight answer

>probably because nobody that has ever gotten far enough into TS to need a lifestyle poly, still posts here.
>>
>>29824535
What about taking it a step back? If I lie at MEPS, do I have to lie on that NASIS form too? Or is that a good time to come clean?
>>
>>29824567
which one is the NASIS? the one about drinking drugs and speeding tickets?
>>
>>29820223
Well, you don't need to worry about me taking somebody's spot, apparently a GED and a criminal history with a felony and misdemeanor won't let you get 18x.
>>
>>29824638
That one you fill out online. Where you have to put in all your residences, work history, and three references and say that you aren't a terrorist. First it asks about drug use in the last seven years and then it asks about EVER.
>>
>>29824721
i haven't done that one yet i guess. but it sounds suspiciously like the SF86
>>
>>29824663
marines will take you. kid at MEPS had 2 duis, possession, assault, marines said welcome aboard, son
>>
>>29824789
It might be the same thing, just through the Navy's site or something, I'm awful with form names and numbers. In that case, should I lie on the SF86 if I lied at MEPS and expect to take a poly? Or is the SF86 the time to come clean?
>>
>>29824836
If you needed to lie about something that the sf86 asks for you're probably done already
>>
>>29824836
I'll let you know in the next 5-9 months
>>
>>29795035
Still gotta wait till there is a cure for asthma. Unless the standards have really taken a nosedive.
>>
>>29824815
nah, i'm gonna go 11x and work my way to sf.
couldn't even get an opt40.

btw. i had all my charges dropped.
>>
>>29824909
sf or ranger? pick one and stick with it
>>
>>29824973
sf is my end goal(maybe delta or whatever they're called now), but i wanted to see if i could get ranger, if i make it there, i have a much better chance at being sf than if i start as a basic bitch infantry.
>>
>>29824998
if you actually make ranger, you would probably never try out for sf, and vice versa.
>and don't even think about cag before you're in
>>
>>29824836
Here's how it went for me.
We had our initial sf86s before I got into BMT, then I had one during BMT, then I had an interrogation with a master sergeant during BMT, and she told me this is the last time to come clean. Next I'm at DLI and they told us we can come clean here too so it seems like you can always fess up. I dunno, my clearance is already at the adjudicator so you might not want to wait too long because my clearance got done within my first month of being in tech school
>>
>>29825139
how do they ask for this shit at basic? just bring copies? i don't remember names and addresses of all my friends and places of work
>>
>>29825048
i can't get an opt40 so my only choice is 11b or 11x.
maybe airborn or something would be better.
>>
>>29825139
and what happens if you "fess up?" fraudulent enlistment?
>>
>>29825139
>gives experience
>leads to more questions
>leaves thread
>doesn't answer questions

i guess that's as close as I'll get to knowing before shipping off, lol
>>
anyone else just sore as fuck from training so hard? the job i wanted had a ship date in August, but i chose one that shipped in 20 days lol
now i'm cramming 4 months of training into 3 weeks
>>
Question about veteran status here.

I enlisted as a cav scout and busted my eardrums about 2 weeks from graduating the ait portion of OSUT. Got shut down and had to wait a month for a ear specialist to check my ears, he said the injury looked old and he thinks I had tubes in my ears when I was little. I got a separation for having a injury prior to enlisting basically. I do want to fix my ears and reenlist one day but I need money for the surgery since the military won't pay because it was "prior to enlisting".
Which gets to my point, when applying to other jobs do I have veteran status?
>>
>>29825714
Training isn't really something you can cram
>>
>>29825908
yeah that's what my legs have been saying
>>
>>29825819
isn't it active duty for 6+ months? my contract said my 4 year enlistment doesn't start until i'm done with AIT
>>
>>29825819
Pretty sure veteran status is any time served, even a few days in basic, however you won't get to show off an honorable discharge which is what people want.
>>
>>29825819
>So Mr. Anon, it says here you're a veteran? Thank you for your service, what did you do in the military?
>Oh well I was cav scout
>how long did you serve?
>A few months sir, I-I never actually finished training
>...
>>
>>29826229
This is pretty much what I fear during a interview.
>>
File: 1462303495659-1441120679.jpg (1MB, 1944x2592px) Image search: [Google]
1462303495659-1441120679.jpg
1MB, 1944x2592px
>>29825168
If you have a job that needs ts/sci you get pulled out for a few hours here and there. You get to use computers and phones during basic yes.
>>29825180
Depends on when you fess up and how serious it is. We had a guy lose his linguist job but didn't get kicked out. He was cool though and would be here with me if he didn't say anything but he fessed up to smoking pot once so he somehow didn't get a waiver like everyone else
. >>29825352
Sorry I was in Korean class.
>>
>>29826566
all 3 of those are me. so in reality, he could have just shut up and it would have been fine? its the same as MEPS, "come clean" is code for "dq".
can i bring a copy of my references to basic? i'm not going to scroll through Facebook in front of my drill sgt.
>>
>enlisted in army
>25c radio operator/maintainer
Did I fuck up?
>>
File: 1456112686114.gif (2MB, 350x300px) Image search: [Google]
1456112686114.gif
2MB, 350x300px
>>29826912
i swore in with a 25u and he kept saying "its basically the same thing you picked, but I'll be attached to combat engineers"

>tfw i chose 35N
>>
>>29826663
please respond Korea senpai
>>
So apparently you can become a pilot with glasses?

Really thought they wanted you to naturally have 20/20 vision.
>>
I have a warning for anyone who is willing to listen about fucking up in the military. (1/2)
>20 Join active duty air force
>after 6 months land intel job [1N031]
>Lie out the ass at basic about my past drug use (w33d xD)
>Lie again when putting down prior work experience and contacts.

>get spooked but never get caught. Was too embarrassed to let the military know I was a useless NEET (nobody really gives a fuck, don't lie about jack shit)

>freak the fuck out in tech school because this intel job is basically a public speaking intel job and I'm 102% socially autistic.

>get in the top 10% of my class on written tests, but suck shit at giving briefings.

> get specifically selected to go meet with some official to give him more contacts for the private investigators to go and meet since they couldn't verify or contact some of the people I put down

>get spooked as hell at this point but no chance of turning back

>Friends somehow don't fuck it up for me and get my TS clearance after bullshitting my way through 50% of the paperwork

>Last week of tech school, block X briefing. The mother of all briefings for me. 50 Slide powerpoint brief, two hours to compile it.

>Freak the fuck out because I'm a few slides short of 50.

>Know I'm going to get washed back

>315 TRS changed the course blocks, so if you get washed back we'd have to go to block 1 day 1.

>Freak out the made the worst decision of my life
>Copy and modify the two slides of my briefing that I was missing from my best friend
>Submit the powerpoint and have a near metal breakdown.

>Freak out and self admit myself to my instructors what I did. They have the look of doom. I can see it in their eyes. They liked me, but they have to report it to the course chief. They know I'm going to get shitcanned because of budget cuts.
>>
>>29827799
(2/2)

next morning, front cover of the Air Force times CMSAF James Cody "if you mess up, you're out". Know I'm 100% fucked at this point.

>Hoped by the grace of god that since I just got my TS clearance, which is expensive, and that I self admitted myself, that maybe I would just be washed back to BLK1 Day1, lose rank, and perhaps have to do some extra duty.

>Course chief recommends I be discharged, Squadron Commander discharges me with GEN. Under hon. conditions, and Base commander approves it.

>Lie to my family about what happened, just told them for years that I simply washed out because the guilt. Keep the lie going until it finally can't keep going on any longer and confess what happened. Family disappointed (mother is prior service). Wished for death every day for a year straight.

>finally have the guts to submit an application to the Air Force discharge review board

>by the grace of god they actually upgrade my discharge (rare as hell) to Honorable, but keep ky RE-Code and Separation Code the same (essentially cock blocking my from re-enlistment.)
I just found out today my discharge was upgraded. It still sucks I'm never going to be able to do another enlistment, unless I get a waiver from the Guard/Reserves (rare) but I feel somewhat vindicated.

If you fuck up in the military it will haunt you for the rest of your life bros. I wish every day I could go back and change shit. My commander allowed me to retain my TS, but it doesn't help you in the real world unless you have the service to back it up. Don't be a dumbass like I was.
>>
>>29827814
>>29827799
so you lied to investigators and got away with it, but you told on yourself about copying two PowerPoint slides?? how hard is it to do 2 more fucking slides?
go into more details about lying, because i'm worried
>>
File: kebabcartoon.png (20KB, 150x138px) Image search: [Google]
kebabcartoon.png
20KB, 150x138px
>>29827799
>>29827814

>I lied about shit and qualified for a job I wasn't qualified for
>Chance to come clean
>Don't, I'm going to ride this out
>Another chance to come clean
>Don't, lol Im awesome
>Last real chance to come clean
>Finally do
>Get punished for all this
>Feel guilt for the first time and want to kill myself

No sympathy, you had all the time in the world to tell what was going on but you did not. You lied and cheated.
>>
>>29827028
35N, so you're a retard?
>>
>>29827799
>>29827814

So you also qualified for the job and your own incompetence and inability to work that also let you down?
>>
>>29827869
The 'two sldies' were not an issue by themselves, the issue was I had two hours to compile a 50 slide pre-mission briefing and I was two slides short of the finished product. So instead of taking an automatic washback for failing to finish all 50 of my slides, I modified someone else's and presented them as my own. Which is a violation of the student code of conduct. And grounds for immediate expulsion. A foolish and selfish thing to do. I would never do it again, I was just so scared to wash back 5 months to block 1 since I would have to give 10 briefings again and my autism gave me anxiety about that shit. The stress alone from briefs probably lost me two years of my life (yes I am that autistic.).

Also, I'm not a very smart person, I scored like a 68 on my ASVAB and somehow got a Intel job. I pulled longer hours in the schoolhouse after duty day was over and on weekends to study for tests, and I still took longer that everyone else in my class on test days. So hard work made up for my lack of intelligence.

As for lying, if you lie to your recruiter about past drug use, under no circumstances can you go back on your story. They will try and scare you at MEPS and Basic about changing your story "if you lied, you need to let us know right now", thing is, if you come clean you're fucked. They won't pat you on the head for doing the 'right thing' and admitting past drug use, the will have you discharged for lying. If you lie to your recruiter you have to carry that lie for the rest of your enlistment. I knew of guys who went back on their story and got booted. As long as you don't change your story, you should be fine. Also, if you're going for an intel job, don't put down dumbasses as your contacts. They might fuck it up for you.
>>
>>29827799
>>29827814

I feel like I'm missing something. Surely 2 slides is more work than it sounds like, right? Surely you didn't fuck over your own life because of 2 measly slides? Surely it would have taken hours and hours of work to finish those two and you had no other choice?
>>
get better at powerpoint if you want to serve this country !!!!1!
>>
>>29827954
The drug are not at issue, it is your own incompetence at your job that is the problem and your inability to act like a man and get shit done.

Half the people in the forces are off their face on coke on weekends.
>>
>>29826663
Sorry I'm pretty busy here during dury hours in class. He could have easily kept it a secret. Only one person saw him smoke and he only smoked one joint. Plenty of people said they got away with smoking weed and the investigators never found out. I went the safe route and got my waiver. Also, sensitive skills meeting was away from all of BMT. You were with civilians who didn't directly watch you on Facebook but the PCs and phones were monitored. I heard then listen in on one of my phonecalls.
>>
>>29827887
I was qualified (on paper). My middle school weed smoking had nothing to do with what happened. You can't cheat the ASVAB. 1/2 the people I knew in tech school wiggled their contacts or prior drug use. To make themselves appear better.
>>
>>29827996
Yeah, I misread it. Still, he had plenty of times to come out nad say "I'm way over my head" can I retask or reassign?
>>
>>29827996
Fucking kek this so much. I had dudes in my flight who only wrote down contacts who didn't know they smoked weed. Thing is investigators figure out your web or friends and go to people you don't put down.
t. Someone who asked his investigator about it during basic.
>>
>>29827915
not as retarded as 25U
>>29827954
how deep did the OPM guys dig? how many meetings did you have with them? i have a hard time believing that you're "too autistic for public speaking, " yet you're a master at holding up under pressure or interrogation.

as for the slides, i would have split up 2 of the others into 4 and called it a day. yeah, its sloppy, but its not cheating and you would have passed.

>the REAL question that should keep you awake at night is would they have even fucking noticed
>>
>>29827995
so i could just copy all the references and contact info into a draft in my email and I'm good
>>
>>29828013
Not trying to make exuses, but in 2012, unless you were a PJ/TACP, Linguist,or EOD. You straight up got the boot if you washed out. I wanted to be a crew chief, but I was told the intel job would land more opportunities in civilian life. In hindsight, I wasn't smart enough to be in intel, even though I scored well, I wasn't naturally intelligent like many of my peers. I just got to the end of the course by studying my ass off. And probably some pity from some of my instructors during briefs.
>>
>>29828041

This.

If you put a contact down on the SF86, the investigator's main goal during that conversation isn't going to be to get dirt on you. Most people aren't dumb enough to put contacts down that will give them some dirt. Their main goal in that conversation is to get your contacts to give them the names of other people who will give them the actual story.
>>
>>29828042
>how deep did the OPM guys dig
Eh they spoke with everyone I put down, with the exception of a few old folks. I've head stories of them contacting people that individuals haven't spoken to in years. Prior to joining, I deleted all my social media and when enlisting I gave the air force my 'job application email' so it couldn't be traced back to any social media, forums or anything like that.

Just don't give them any reason to suspect you're hiding something. Be as straight forward as possible, without throwing yourself under the bus. I knew guys who had said the smoked weed like 6 times and still got their clearance with no problems.
>>
>>29827954
>>29828042

Truth is, 99 % of the time these "impossible deadline" tasks are there just to see how you react to the stress. If you just do your best and fail to meet standards, you're usually fine as long as you actually went balls-to-the-wall.

What they're really trying to figure out with something like this is whether people will just immediately throw their integrity out the window and cheat as soon as things get tough.

Odds are that OP would have just got a slap on the wrist for turning in a 48 slide presentation, they're not going to blow fucking tens of thousands of taxpayer dollars sending him back through school from day 1 for that.
>>
>>29827960
>>29827954
>>
>>29828173
Yeah. I was self absorbed, if I simply failed and washed back my life would be so much different. But I tried to take the easy way out and now I'm paying the price for it.
>>
>>29828171
my father had a TS and my mom, stepfather and stepmother all had secret. and another reference also had secret. if they talk to my dad or stepdad, the "web" will extend to a bunch of intel and military and agency people. at what point do they go "ok, shit, this kid's definitely alright"
they can ask all my other references about other friends and acquaintances all they want, i've already briefed them
>i only knew you
>never got into any trouble
>super honest and trustworthy
>I ONLY KNEW YOU
>>
whats the demand like for intel MOS in the corps?
>>
>>29828284
Intel is always in demand. Talk to a recruiter and take a practice ASVAB.
>>
>>29828284

Most of the intel Marines I've met have been really solid, but they've all been miserable. The Corps has very little respect for the technical trades.
>>
>>29828284

>Intel
Great job
>intel MOS in the corps
You poor fucking bastard
>>
how bad is an 80 on a practice test
>>
>>29827799
>>29827814
I'm this retard. If anyone has an general knowledge questions about 1N0/1N1 or background checks, I'll be here for another 30 mins and then I'll leave you guys alone forever. I just came on since my discharge got upgraded and wanted to warn you younger guys about the consequences of fucking up in the Military. In case nobody gives a fuck I'll just leave with this:

1.100% better to just fail out if you can't hack it. If you fail, sure you'll get the boot, but you can always join another branch in 6 months, instead of being barred for life.

2.Your discharge will follow you for the rest of your life, kind of like a felony. If you mess up, like I did, you will have to explain yourself to every employer. I can say I self admitted to cheating, and got discharged. Even though my discharge Honorable, all your employer will see is that you cheated and got kicked out. The US is a very patriotic country, getting out with a unfavorable discharge is considered worse in many cases than a civilian criminal record.

3. Always better to tell the truth to your recruiter, you can church it up a bit, but don't lie. If you already fucked up and lied about smoking weed or drinking, you have to carry that lie, forever, but it will probably always haunt you.

This all seems like obvious shit, but I just wanted to get it off my chest. Peace.
>>
>>29828614
should i go aviator or submarine officer? aviator has a commtiment twice as long and i was thinking of going back to school after but how can i do that once im 30something?
if i go sub its only 5 years, i like nuclear shit, but i heard its a shitton of awful work
>>
>>29828648
I was in the air force, and I was Enlisted, so I can't be of much help to you, sir. But if you want to go the officer route, pilots are treated like kings in every branch of the military. Try and speak to a recruiter, if if there is an American Legion near you, you could always stop by and talk to prior sailors.
>>
Hey famalams. Is there a way an Israeli citizen can join the US Army? I didn't get conscripted to the IDF because of my low weight but surely I could push papers in the name of freedom.
>>
>>29828687
>American Legion
whats that? isnt that where legionnaires disease happened?
>>
>>29828567
lol why
>>
>>29828729
Sure. I knew guys from Ghana and Kyrgyzstan. Not sure how the process goes, but it's possible. Also, if you have any linguistic abilities, that could get your foot in the door pretty easily I would imagine. Always in high demand for a few specific languages.
>>
>>29829077
>>29829077
>>29829077
Thread posts: 328
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.