[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Besides the GRIP ZONE GRIP ZONE GRIP ZONE GRIP ZONE why shouldn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 16

File: DSC_9855.jpg (755KB, 1000x619px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_9855.jpg
755KB, 1000x619px
Besides the
GRIP ZONE GRIP ZONE
GRIP ZONE GRIP ZONE
why shouldn't I buy one of these as an all-around gun? They're around $400 and have normal grip size with extendo clips.
What's the problem with XDs?
>>
>>29775569

Just get a glock

It's cheap and you can keep your dignity
>>
>>29775569
why would you want a trigger safety and a grip safety it doesnt compute
>>
File: glock.jpg (40KB, 566x425px) Image search: [Google]
glock.jpg
40KB, 566x425px
>>29775569

i think XD's just look stupid, i hate how they are designed, way to many "tacticool" looking patterns on it trying to set it apart

its just a gun, i dont need any fancy shit, a piece of metal that shoots

that being said i think pic related looks way cooler
>>
>>29775569
A plastic gun thats actually worth a shit only costs $50 more?
>>
File: ernest2.jpg (45KB, 545x390px) Image search: [Google]
ernest2.jpg
45KB, 545x390px
OP here. So far nobody's given a reason why it's a bad gun.

I am directly looking for reasons not to buy this gun, not reasons to buy another gun.

Can someone tell me why this gun should not be bought, other than how it looks or what I can get for $50 more?
>>
>>29775583
Thats an "issue" that only exists on /k/ and therefore is all the more reason to actually own one.

>>29775617
It wouldn't hurt my feelings a bit if they toned the looks down. Thats probably the worst part. Other than that theyve always felt better in hand to me, especially since they don't have the finger grooves. Other than that it's got few standard features which may or may not matter to some people.
>>
>sub compact
>all around gun
I have nothing against the XD, in fact I quite like the full size. The sub compact is pretty garbage, even compared to cheaper subs like Walther PPS and Shield.
For an all around gun, you probably want a Glock 19 or similar Glock-off compact
>>
i know 2 people with XD's, and they absolutely love them

good guns honestly, really all about personal taste
>>
>>29775569
>What's the problem with XDs?

Nothing really. They're just completely overshadowed by the M&P line and Glocks. They're just as reliable and they come with a match grade barrel which is nice.

The only reason people bother with XD's is because of the grip safety since some people have the notion that striker fired guns are inherently dangerous without one.
>>
>>29775861
But, where would you hold it?
>>
XD's are fantastic.

There is nothing wrong with them and anyone who says any different doesn't know what they're talking about.

I don't own one myself but both of my roommates do and we all agree they are excellent

They are just as reliable as any Glock or M&P, and in my opinion have the best ergonomics of any handgun currently in production.

I'm actually gonna sell my p226 to buy an XDm and a Steyr A1 within the next couple weeks.. I spent $1200 on this sig, and guess what? I cant hit shit half as good as I can with a fucking XD.. Imagine that shit
>>
>>29775871
Yeah..

So you can be the same as everyone else
>>
>>29775902
if only they thought to put a label on it...oh well
>>
>>29776210

Turns out everyone else is right. You can buy an inferior product to be special, but even then an XD isn't really obscure or anything, loads of them around.
>>
>>29776210

>wants an "all-around gun"
>wants to be a special snowflake

Hipster filth
>>
File: ernest1.jpg (59KB, 600x406px) Image search: [Google]
ernest1.jpg
59KB, 600x406px
>>29776239
>an inferior product
Please list the inferiorities instead of hemming and hawing. Thank you.

-OP
>>
File: 1461161333536.jpg (44KB, 639x628px) Image search: [Google]
1461161333536.jpg
44KB, 639x628px
>>29776303
>he thinks a sub-compact is a suitable "all-around" pistol
>>
>>29776239
>>29776241

You are the basic bitches of the firearm world.

Keep following the herd fellas. Everyone else knows best

>hurricane jimmy is a rustlin
>>
File: ernest3.jpg (55KB, 541x406px) Image search: [Google]
ernest3.jpg
55KB, 541x406px
>>29776361
You aren't posting a picture of your gun as proof it's the best ever, you aren't describing why you bought your gun over an XD, you aren't parroting stupid, baseless things you've heard on the internet, you aren't even lying to make a point. You're just blathering inanely.

So could you just go ahead and un-watch the thread and fade off into the aether, anon? It would be much appreciated.

Is this what /k/ has become? I have no one to blame but myself for coming here.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 1936x2592px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 1936x2592px
>>29775861
Sigh... Because it's a Croatian piece of shit that's being tripled for what it's worth because it has Springfield stamped on it.

/thread
>>
>>29776489
It's not even a question of XD or not, I'm saying don't buy a sub compact as an all around pistol. Especially the poorly done XDS- it's larger than the competition, yet somehow handles worse due to it's fucked up ergos. Maybe if it was still marketed under the name HS2000- at least then it was cheap. Now Springfield sells the same gun for $100 more than better guns (like the M&P with it's massive aftermarket, or PPS with it's fantastic trigger).

I like the full size, I really do. But if you don't understand why a sub-compact is not a good choice as an "all around" handgun, you don't have any business owning a gun- you're too retarded to keep from hurting yourself with it.
>>
I have the xd.mod 2 subcompact, and i have no compliants...very reliable and i am glad it has a grip safety...
>>
>>29775861
The gun is fine. I have one. If it feels good in your hand, go for it. It shoots wonderfully.
>>
>>29776490
>Threading your own post

You're an enormous faggot
>>
>>29778855
And your a no guns new faggot, what's your point?
>>
>>29776490
>Buying an Eastern European piece of shit over another Eastern European piece of shit

Glockfags, everyone
>>
>>29775569
Some people's hands won't properly depress the grip safety so maybe dry fire it in store with a proper grip to see if it's a problem for you. Other than that, gun is fine. Roommate has a 45acp xd and it's Bretty soft shooting and a real tack driver.
>>
XD is overpriced for what it is. Shop around. I got my gf a Walther PPX.
>not expensive
>great trigger
>slide is a brick (if it doesn't work you can always hit him with it)

I'm really liking my Steyr L40-A1.
>inb4 40 s&w meme (1986 Miami firefight)
>I wish they made a 10mm version
>great trigger
>fun to shoot
>that low bore axis
>not a lot of after market upgrades

Anyone have experience with the EAA Witness 10mm? I've been eyeing it lately.
>>
>>29776490
>tripled for what it's worth
You think blocks are made for $450

I know it hurts that you can't get criminally cheap HS2000s anymore but that was two generation of gun ago for a gun with zero Rep, aftermarket or factory support. Stop treating new product like surplus and find some actual flaws instead of making a bitcj argument
>>
>>29779059
Like like double amputees. For people with illogical fears, they can use rubber bands, grip sleeves or pins.

>>29779342
>XD is overpriced for what it is.
Any who the fuck pays retail? But to be fair, they did decide to offer the guns without the giant suitcase of useless shit.
>Shop around. I got my gf a Walther PPX.
Which was walthers budget P250 that they discontinued

Steyrs are pretty cool though.Its on the someday list. Does your have the snowflake sights or the boring 3-dots
>>
>>29775569
>XD
>>>/out/
>>
>>29775569
XD mod2s are fucking amazing. OK trigger, expensive magazines, but reliable and cheap. Springfield runs promotions for extra shit all the time w/ purchase. Do it.
>>
>>29779798
Based Truth.
>>
File: DSC_0417-2.jpg (2MB, 5285x3914px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0417-2.jpg
2MB, 5285x3914px
>>29776204
>can't shoot a sig as well as an XD

stop this.
>>
>>29775569
i love the meme zone, i would like to own one in the future
>>
>>29780753
I prefer XDs 2bh, at least they have functional extractors.
>>
File: Image00008.jpg (241KB, 3200x1800px) Image search: [Google]
Image00008.jpg
241KB, 3200x1800px
>>29781421
Just buy a Sig with a superior short extractor then?
>>
>>29775569
Springfield XD is a good gun, don't believe the faggy /k/ memes.
>>
>>29775569
heres a reason not to buy an XD

everytime you type XD on a board do you know what people see?

XD

as in

XD (asian crosseyed laughing meme face) he bought an XD
>>
>>29775569
Every time I pick one up I'm a little shocked at how good it feels in the hand. It feels very well put together, and the fit/finish on it is just fantastic. I don't own one, but I probably pick up a G-19 sized Mod 2 or their competition long slide XDm to fill my void of striker 9mms
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 1936x2592px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 1936x2592px
>>29779018
The jokes on you I like my security six more then my glock 19, because stoping power. But the fact remains glocks better then xd.

>>29779798

Other then glock copy, bore axis is too high, and bad trigger compared to glock and m&p

I honestly almost a fullsize XD back then before I even owned a glock or ruger, only because I read it has a faster fire rate then glock.
>>
>>29780021
>who the fuck pays retail?
Fair enough.
>Does yours have the snowflake sights?
Yes, I like them personally.

I like Walther's in general and for the price at the time I couldn't talk myself out of not buying it. Glad I did.
>>
File: 1392097141838.jpg (50KB, 500x563px) Image search: [Google]
1392097141838.jpg
50KB, 500x563px
>>29783849
>stoping power
>>
>>29775861
I was an avid Springfield fan for quite a long time. I would often stear customers towards the XD/XDM line as much as possible, especially when they wanted some kind of external safety.
but now that I have gotten into the armorer game, those things are a nightmare to work on when compared to the Glock line. and there is just so much squish to the trigger. powder river precision has some stuff out for them that can make them decent, but good luck getting them installed and even afterwards they still won't compare to others.

and all that damn weight, man. them fuckers are a heavy carry gun. its like carryimg 1911.

but, youve gotta get what you want, or you'll just end up buying it after you spend on something you think might be worth settling for.
>>
>>29783893
That's right I said it .357 MAGNUM has stopping power esp with 125 gr loads.
>>
File: image.jpg (118KB, 780x519px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
118KB, 780x519px
>>29775583
Just not all your fingers.
>>
If you want a grip safety buy a 1911
>>
>>29775569
SPRINGFIELD ARMORY
BECAUSE AMERICAN COMPANY IN AMERICA
(made in croatia)
>>
>>29775861
Its not. I shoot idpa, and have seen people shoot the fuck outta XDs.

Only problem ive seen is some finish issues on the slide.
>>
File: 1460248097482.jpg (26KB, 321x427px) Image search: [Google]
1460248097482.jpg
26KB, 321x427px
>>29775569
>I honestly almost a fullsize XD back then before I even owned a glock or ruger, only because I read it has a faster fire rate then glock.

What the fuck are you trying to say
>>
>>29783849
>bore axis is too high
Oh look, the most negligible grasping "flaw" brought up the days against almost ANY pistol
>bad trigger compared to glock and m&p
bad trigger compared to two guns absolutely drowning in after market triggers which are the most replaced part outside of night sights. The way people lean on triggers here blows me away sometimes

Typical garbage argument.

>>29783861
Don't blame you there, I love P99s and P88s. The PPX just seems a little odd coming from them and I didn't like the look. Cant speak I'll of the gun otherwise.
>>
>>29775569
every response has been either a bullshit meme by someone who does't have one, or a good review by someone who does have one. I have the original Xd and an Xds. both are excellent guns. one of my friends was so impressed with them he now has an xds as his carry gun.
>>
File: XDM3.8_9MM_Compact.jpg (1MB, 2069x1785px) Image search: [Google]
XDM3.8_9MM_Compact.jpg
1MB, 2069x1785px
i like my xdm
>>
>>29784417
The XD has a faster firing rate but smaller clip size and less damage.

This doesn't matter when you're aiming for headshots : )
>>
File: image.jpg (93KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
93KB, 960x960px
>>29784417
Almost bought* u really don't know old memes huh? Either way I was ignorant to guns and this guy told me how he can shoot faster with a XD then a glock.

>>29784877
Lmao I assume you bought a XD and now you gotta defend it with all your life even when the truth is XD are garbage compare to glock and m&p, shit even a CZ is better then a XD.
>>
>>29775569

I really liked everything about my Springfield XD9. It had a great grip, great balance, good quality, very good trigger and was just overall a very nice gun that pleasantly surprised me.

I ended up selling it though for one reason - the trigger broke too far back for my liking. It's a nice-feeling trigger but it breaks all the way back against the frame which I don't like in any Pistol. Kinda sucks because it felt a hell of a lot better to me than Glocks do while being essentially the same gun.

The XD-S is the one I want now though, they're great single stacks that are actually shootable at the range.
>>
G R I P Z O N E
R
I
P
Z
O
N
E
>>
>>29785270
I assume you got raped by Robby leatham and never venture outside of /k/

Again, maybe try arguing an actual point.
>>
So I think xd's are okay, but I don't like how they feel, don't like the highish bore axis, and I've seen two of them experience catastrophic failures at the range so I went with m&p and glock. (My gen 3 glock also had a catastrophic failure though, the retention bar worked it's way out)

So yeah, xd's aren't for me
>>
File: image.jpg (113KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
113KB, 720x540px
>>29785717
Before I ever found /k/ I ventured in different forums, I only come here because u get a response in minutes compare to forums 1-2 day response time, once again your mad because you bought a shitty gun, relax anon it coulda been worse you coulda bought a XD in .40 cal. Just know you coulda bought n M&P and been done with it.
>>
>>29775569
I've been carrying an XD9 SC for a few years now. They're accurate and reliable. I got the highest score in my carry class a few weeks ago when I renewed my license with it. I also hit a watermelon at 40 yards a few times in a row. My brother was about to shoot it with a scoped 10/22 and I beat him to it. He was pissed :D
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.