[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Albion swords.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: img_2153_1532.jpg (468KB, 1532x1532px) Image search: [Google]
img_2153_1532.jpg
468KB, 1532x1532px
does anyone own one of these?
>>
No, but I'd like to eventually get one
>>
>>29757731
I really wish there was a legit school to learn medieval style long sword in my area.

Unfortunatley the only thing thats around here is some group of losers who claim to be practicing traditional medieval martial arts but are really just a group of somewhat tubby college kids who buy expensive props to larp with.
>>
>>29758226
op here same, having a (sort of) copy made in nepal cause poor, need distal taper numbers though.
>>
>>29758273
which club you at mate? mmfc in west mids here.
>>
>>29757731
Yes, I own an Albion Thegn. It has pretty good finish, but it's the handling that really makes it fun. I don't really have a background in swords of this era (I know more about classical saber), but even so, it fits my hand naturally.

http://www.albion-swords.com/swords/albion/nextgen/sword-anglo-saxon-thegn.htm

It seems to have gone up in price.
>>
File: albion senlac.jpg (21KB, 118x562px) Image search: [Google]
albion senlac.jpg
21KB, 118x562px
I have the Albion Senlac.
>>
>>29758362
>>29758368
do either of you have some calipers?
i need some measurements.
>>
>>29758297
It wasnt a true HEMA club, or even credited or registered. It was just some local neets who get together and wave swords at eachother. They seemed knowledgeable about some history and atleast werent katana worshippers, but they very clearly were making a lot up as they went along.

I live in Montana, which is probably the coolest place to be a /k/ommando in the lower 48, but it puts you hundreds of miles away from stuff like this. Range culture is also mostly "shoot cans in your back yard." Folks tend to be reclusive, paranoid, and independant which is cool until you want to get out and socialize.

Im a combat vet, having a hollywood movie educated lispy college sophmore try to explain "warrior ethos" to me is a bit more than I can handle.
>>
>>29758382
>>29758368
No
>>
>>29758443
do you know anything about distal taper?
>>
>>29758415
this is where you find em.
http://www.communitywalk.com/HistoricalEuropeanMartialArts(WesternNorthAmerica)
>>
>>29758382
>Thegn
My calipers are a bit shit, and I'm away from the sword at the moment. Kultofathena has some measurements:

http://www.kultofathena.com/product.asp?item=ANV10&name=Albion+Thegn+Sword
>>
>>29758504
thanks guys, person just sent me a link for that on myarmouries too, uncanny.
>>
>>29758483
Thanks! I just got out of the Marines and am trying to find ways to make friends, just moved back and literally have nobody to hang out with.
>>
>>29758518
feel for ya man, my advice, look on facebook, there are plenty of great schools out there, and the folks are great massive support group really..
>>
>>29758514
If you have time, watch the Arctic Fire youtube channel, especially Peter Johnsson's lecture (I think it's on there). He explains it all.
>>
>>29758518
what's your town?
>>
>>29758572

cant find it.
>>
>>29758657
Missoula, or atleast it will be. Im still moving, applying for jobs, and trying to get into school at the U of M.
>>
>Want to buy an albion
>But I'm also watching a bunch of antiques on ebay seeing if I can get one
Two sabers, a WW2 shin gunto, and two wakizashi's that are really old, like hundreds of years old

I don't know why I'm looking at antiques so much, I enjoy cutting and wouldn't do that with an antique, especially the really old wakizashi's
>>
>>29758926
the clubs are on the link i sent, join their facebook pages and they can probably tell you if theres any closer ones.
>>
>>29758981
Yeah, Im lookin at em. This group is way more legit than the last one. Much appreciated.
>>
>>29759029
no problem, where did you serve?
>>
>>29759034
Iraq and afghan with the infantry.
>>
>>29759091
sucks man, i gtg now but head over to >>/asp/ there a hema thread there all the time, please post updates.
>>
>>29757731
>>29757731
Which sword is this opie? I'm on mobile. So I can't image backsearch
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.