[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are boats the ultimate SHTF bunkers? After all, any land-based

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 138
Thread images: 20

File: Lagoon560[1].jpg (231KB, 957x611px) Image search: [Google]
Lagoon560[1].jpg
231KB, 957x611px
Are boats the ultimate SHTF bunkers? After all, any land-based installations can be smoked out, but boats have the entire oceans to hide in.
>>
>>29749607
>What are pirates?
>>
File: AHAHA.png (165KB, 213x471px) Image search: [Google]
AHAHA.png
165KB, 213x471px
>>29749607
No you dumbass, they require tons of maintenance and resources to operate. You'd be better off with a well stocked bunker.
>>
>>29749672
The Ocean is a big place, admittedly at the same time there's only a couple places to take on supplies so if a pirate is going to be anywhere it's there
>>
>>29749774
Aka fuck the coasts and major islands.

Which is where most boats are anyway.
>>
>>29749607
Food and water storage?
Storms?
Hull issues?

Pirates aside its a shit idea
>>
>>29749607
Smokers!
>>
No, they're the ultimate HERE I AM COME GET ME bunker
>>
>>29749607
In seattle yeah.

in conjunction with a island home

Just make sure its docked on the sound side of the locks at all times
>>
>>29749607
Catch one hand grenade or a rpg and your shtf bunker is on the bottom of the ocean.
>>
I guess if you get a sail boat, really know what you are doing and don't mind living like a feral then you can last a while. Water is the big issue unless you are on the great lakes.
>>
>>29749840
Fresh water can be made by boiling salt water and collecting the water vapor

Storm season you can be docked at a secluded location, same with maintenance problems
>>
>>29749607
A vessel that is visible for miles and open for boarding.
>>
>inna ocean
>huge wave comes
>boat capsizes
>water-bunker is now underwater bunker

Boat's only good if you plan on finding an island to be Tom Hanks on.
>>
>>29749893
So just have a bunker at a secluded location with access to fresh water.
>>
>>29749893

Unless you have replacement parts or expert experience, salt is going to corrode everything beyond repair in less than a few years.
>>
>>29749774
Well you can't stay in the deep sea forever without coming in for fuel, food, medical supplies, etc. In most cases you could argue that you would be more exposed on the water than on land.
>>
>>29749893
>Fresh water can be made by boiling salt water and collecting the water vapor
Nigger where are you going to get unlimited energy?
>>
>>29749932
This, also if you have your own "Port" then you have to secure and protect that. That itself is a bigger issue than a land based survival area since you are relying on the sea to protect you.

>Hurr Imma hide at sea
>Fucks take over your port and wait for you to come back
>You tie up your boat
>Totally vulnerable
>get rekt
>>
MUH SCURVY
>>29749893
Desalination is a time and resource heavy process bro. Don't go downplaying how hard it is to get one cup of water.
>>
>>29749951
solar panels and wind turbines
>>
>>29749856

Go home aryreh
>>
>>29749854

Pretty much a tanker full of jetski'ing /k/ommandos.
>>
>>29749967
As much as I don't think the bug out boat is a good idea , there are solar power desalinators on the market.
>>
>>29749971

Good luck maintaining those.
>>
>>29749893
How are you going to boil water in shtf scenario where oil/gas/electricity is extremely scare/non-existent? Can solar panels work long term with all that salt water?
>>
>>29749607

No they break down constantly. If you ever owned a boat you'd know this.
>>
>>29749983
There are actually very simple solar powered desalinators that could be used, I believe myth busters did an episode with one
>>
>>29749893
nigger you what ?

any decent yacht will have
solar panel plus RO filter combo
realistically we are talking up to 50k l of fresh water maybe more depending on how much spare membranes and pre filters you are willing to drag around

>>29749907
you will surprised how good even 30 footers are in blue waters

>>29749887
you mean live in unparalleled comfort ?
>>
>>29750061
>>29749983
My bad, misread your post
>>
>>29749983
Which are perfect when you're in floating and waiting for rescue mode.
Time intense and low output water isn't very helpful when there are pirates about or you are otherwise actively doing shit.
>>
>>29750202
No one's going to survive anything if they are fighting pirates or bandits 24/7. The idea is that most of the time, you will be floating and waiting.
>>
File: innaocean.gif (816KB, 404x173px) Image search: [Google]
innaocean.gif
816KB, 404x173px
No thanks senpai. I've experienced hurricanes.
>>
>>29749871
So that would make it even harder for someone to steal your canned food and ammo, right?
>>
>>29750302
But logarithmically easier to just kill you.
>>
>>29750228
You're anticipating the seas to be a super quiet and uneventful place when the shadow of America falls? You think Mexico will have forgiven how it was ground down into a corrupt shitpile by us in the 20th century?
You think South America is super chill about being used in proxy wars?
You think the sea niggers, Thais, and Malaysias won't start eyeing all the fresh white boipussy that has set off into the ocean looking for MUH SUPER SECRET BAY FOR ANCHORAGE
>>
There's also the issue that, unless you are really really good at reading the weather, (read as: the fucking Oracle at Middleofnowhere) you're going to be even more vulnerable to storms when you can't flip on the radio and hear Johnny McLimpcock forecasting a severe weather event.
>>
>>29749607
yeah..... and a lack of food
>>
>>29750796

>what are fish?
>not complaining about drinkable water.

I'm surprised how stupid people are on this board today.

I'm getting worried.
>>
>>29750796
goto middle of ocean.... find fish that you can get easily.

or are you going to have a trawler with sine and drag nets>
>>
>>29750825
good luck with that.... off shore fishing is not easy. fish are not that plentiful once you get a couple of miles off the continental shelf .

your not going to be tossing a line and hook over the side and snagging dinner.
>>
File: container ship ever given.jpg (537KB, 1024x681px) Image search: [Google]
container ship ever given.jpg
537KB, 1024x681px
>>29749607
The ocean is a worse enemy than any zombie horde.

The only people who fight the ocean are death-hungry adventurers, greedy bastards willing to sacrifice lives for profit, wealthy bastards who can beat the sea lanes into submission with millions of dollars, and wealthy bastards who can afford to throw high technology at a problem in the name of their hobby.

Most of these ocean-fighting fuckers rely on a functioning global economy and supply chain to keep them operational. The others mostly just try not to die too much.

Guess which group you fall into, in a zombie apocalypse.
>>
>>29749607
>I don't watch Fear the Walking Dead; The post
>>
>>29750825
see
>>29751194
also, innaapocalypse, let's say nuclear war, shit is gonna be so fucking irradiated, if you do eat it, its suicide.
>>
>>29751548
Well, in a normal setting they're all already packed full of mercury and PCBs.
At this point a little bit of radiation is just a sprinkle of seasoned nuts and dried fruits to the cancer salad.
>>
>>29749951
Different anon here. Old style big screen TVs have a 2X3 foot Fresnel lens as part of their setup. You can still get them on CL or eBay. I scavenged one about 10 years ago. On a good day, you can solder with it, using nothing but the sun. It'll do a pretty good job of running a solar evaporator.

Or, you can use solar panels to crack hydrogen out of seawater. That's a good, energetic fuel that'll run an evaporator.

I would anchor a barge somewhere out of sight of land and use that as a mothership. Set up distillers, etc. on that so you're not lugging it all around.

Then go nosing around with your sailboat, see what's up.

It's not perfect, but it could work for a year or so. Long enough for shit to calm down and most of the dying to get done.
>>
>>29751530
I tried, it was fucking awful. I stopped watching the first season when the principal let the doge get killed despite having a shotgun and knowing full well what was happening on account of the fact that she killed super nintendo Obama earlier that day.
>>
you can fish in the deep sea.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMCIVZqXYjQ
>>
>>29749871
why would you even let someone get close enough to shoot or throw a handgrenade at you?
max effective range of a rpg 7 is 100m
>>
>>29750072
>realistically we are talking up to 50k l of fresh water
>he measures liquid in 'litres'
arnt you up a bit early britbonger? Or are you a fuckin ausfailian shitposter covering for your equally crooked-teef'd teasuckers until they awake?
>>
you fucks are clueless about boats.
http://www.amazon.com/500-Days-Around-World-Yacht/dp/1439263027
>>
>>29749607
No
>>
what about a boat in the great lakes
>>
Has anybody thought about subs? it worked for human resistance against skynet, wouldn't it work for a couple of dooms day preppers?
>>
>>29749607
They can sink is the only thing that bothers me.
>>
File: zLE08.jpg (482KB, 1800x1800px) Image search: [Google]
zLE08.jpg
482KB, 1800x1800px
>>
>>29750825
The have kits for converting sea water into drinking water since 1910
>>
>>29749810
This. Avoid the coast in this situation. Into the woods you go.
>>
>>29749607
>boats have the entire oceans to hide in.
To die in.
>>
>>29751520
Underrated post.
>>
>>29753601
Submarines require a large support infrastructure. Your best bet would be to convert an SSBN by removing the missile tubes and turning the whole space into a workshop but you'd still have to be very lucky and, if your reactor has issues, you're a sitting duck. A better bet would be a semi mobile base with redundant systems, similar to Deep Core in The Abyss.
>>
Sailboats have free fuel , as long as the wind blows
>>
>>29752654
Fucking this...

>boiling water
We have things called watermakers. With proper maintenance the only thing they need replaced is a pre-filter every six to ten months depending on how much water you consume, these can be bought for about $20-30 each so they're easy to stock up on. Furthermore, a complete watermaker system isn't very bulky so carrying a complete spare wouldn't be much of an issue.

>you'll run out of food, there's no fish
There's plenty of fish in the ocean. It's about knowing where to look. For example, there are enormous patches of seaweed that just drifts around. Practically every single time I've sailed through a patch like this I've caught decent sized fish, be it a Mahi or a Wahoo. So in a survival situation it goes without saying; if you find a patch like this sail through it multiple times and stock up on fish. Also, just trailing lines with a couple of lures each on them has never failed to catch me at least one decent sized tuna or Mahi while on passage. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that a 25kg bag of rice will feed a person for around 6 months but I could be wrong. Either way, stocking up on such bags and storing them on the boat isn't hard either.
>>
>>29756059
The biggest issues one will run into while sailing like this is fatigue in standing/running rigging and sails. The lifetime of these vary, of course, but in a "live-aboard" survival setting one could reasonably expect 5-10 years from the sails and 10-15 years from the rigging when used this much.

If all this is planned for, it's again not difficult to go out and buy spare parts for when the day comes to replace them, and they won't exactly take up the entire boat.

The actual big issues are engines and masts. Functional/salvageable engines will likely have been looted but if you can find an engine of SOME kind and were smart enough to buy a boat with a shaft drive as opposed to a sail-drive, you should be able to graft any engine onto your drive shaft fairly easily.
>>
>>29752271
You need to push through to the second season where zombie pirates actions happen.

The characters are stupid as fuck tho I understand why its cringe to watch.

>mfw they all want to take on a raft of 40 refugees from the napalming of Los Angeles and the one black guy says fuck no and drives the boat away, leaving them to starve
>>
>>29752647
>using metric units
>must be a bong or a 'strayan
>not one of the other [vast majority by a wide margin] of countries that use metric
Stay classy America.
>>
>>29754373
Why the fuck would you waste all that space on the barge you live on? Just have a block of containers.
>>
>>29756155
>using a system just because the poorer less civilized nations are using it

stay classy africa, asia, and the european caliph
>>
>>29749607
No.
The ultimate SHTF 'bunker' is a good community of people, with differet roles to play, working together.
You can sit in a bunker all you want but you'll only be a) alone and paranoid at bet or b) dead when a much larger group, working together come by and have to shoot you because you sperg out due to a).
>>
>>29749607
A boat is a hole in the water where you pour all your money.
>>
File: image.jpg (155KB, 640x587px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
155KB, 640x587px
You guys are thinking about this all wrong. A boat WOULD be a good option... Provided you're not on the ocean. The Mississippi river connects to waterways that run through over half of the continental US. There are thousands of small tributaries to hide in, riverfront towns to loot, an endless supply of fresh water (and if you're trying to survive shtf without a water filter, you deserve to shit yourself to death), you can catch fish and go ashore to hunt.
And with the advent of solar powered boats (or just using a sailboat for that matter), assuming you know what you're doing and can perform even the most basic maintenance, you can keep going into the unforseeable future.
Not to mention that when society begins to rebuild itself (which it will, because that's what humans do), towns will need a way to trade goods with each other, and you'll be in a prime position to make a good living transporting either cargo or passengers.
>>
>>29756167
So you can have an astroturf lawn
>>
>>29756179
>just because the poorer less civilised nations are using it
Yes, we should all follow the example of Myanmar, Liberia and the United States and switch back to imperial.
>>
>>29756209
Put that on top of your square of containers.
>>
>>29756183
That requires the large group to have heavy weapons. A well designed bunker can be all but impregnable to civilians in a SHTF scenario. Why would you risk the lives and resources of your group going after one paranoid nut job's stash?
>>
>>29756226
Your missing my point, it was more that your best bet in a SHTF scenario is to band together, not sit in a bunker like a hermit.

Anyway, bunkers aren't good defensive positions if there's only one person in it.
>>
>>29756197
>runs through cities/towns where there will be people
>plenty of bridges where gangs can set up tolls
>plenty of places on the shoreline where people can hide and ambush you

"But I won't be moving, I'll just be in one location"

Might as well buy a cabin in the woods then.

I don't buy the Mississippi river argument, sorry.

However, the last part of your post is 100% true, but I'd be hanging out in the ocean until that happened.
>>
>>29756226
Risk lives? Son, I'll just poor some concrete over your front door and come back in a few months once your food's run out. Then all your sweet sweet blankets and ammo will be mine.
>>
File: image.jpg (22KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22KB, 300x168px
>>29756221
And put a neighborhood of storage/cuck sheds on top of that
>>
>>29756274
*pour

Damn, Freudian slips suck when you have no money
>>
>>29756244
It depends whether you're in the SHTF when you're preparing. If you're making a bunker well in advance then there are big advantages to being the only one in there because you don't have to trust anyone else.

There's plenty of ways to defend a bunker on your own, everything from poison gas to remotely operated firearms (obviously, build these into gun ports which are too small for the rifle to pass through, otherwise you've just pulled a Gruber and armed your aggressors). The aim is to be like a cactus, so unpleasant to get through that most animals won't even try.
>>
>>29756274
>Food
>Only a few months

Also, have fun getting through the concrete.
>>
>>29750583
>banditos appeared because of Americans!
Banditos have been a thing since the history of the Americas.

If Mexico has someone to hate, it's Europe. The Europeans interrupted a quiet, bi-yearly mass human sacrifice and replaced it with a 100 million human genocide.
>>
>>29749871
>tfw 27.5' kevlar hull hydra sport

I'd put a deck gun on it and be a pirate
>>
>>29756131
>The characters are stupid as fuck
That is the premise of all the Walking Dead stories. They're also total fucking assholes.
>>
>>29756197
> literally a theme park shooting gallery for the redneck hordes
>>
>>29756294
But whats the point? You get to sit indoors, never really going out because the outside world is full of organised groups of people setting up communities again.

SHTF is either going to require up to a months clean water and food, a generator, fuel etc until order is restored or its going to require rebuilding a semblence of civilisation.

Might as well just shoot yourself if you're going to sit in a bunker.
>>
>>29756320
>watching the walking dead
>season 5
>walkers are STILL fucking catching people out
That they made it as far as they did is a complete fucking miracle.
>>
ITT: people who don't live on the water and have no boating experience
>>
File: Container_City_favelas.png (322KB, 592x336px) Image search: [Google]
Container_City_favelas.png
322KB, 592x336px
Crappy video games be ahead
>>
File: 18894-1-1365848968.png (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
18894-1-1365848968.png
1MB, 1600x900px
>>29756322
>>
>>29756324
Sitting in a steel box, getting toasted on the products of those marijuana seeds you cunningly saved and listening to comedy vinyls on the gramophone you beat up your hipster neighbor for, pausing only occasionally to pump out another cloud of phosgene to deter a pesky bandit, sounds pretty fun to me.
>>
File: wut.png (703KB, 956x577px) Image search: [Google]
wut.png
703KB, 956x577px
>>29756331
>>29756320
>>29756131
>>29752271
>>29751530
>>
>>29756342
...and you do, right?
>>
>>29756300
Eh, if I don't feel like waiting I can start looking for your ventilation holes to plug up as well. Anyone with a thermal camera or scope could find them. Then it's just a matter of waiting a week for the air to run out, and a quick trip to the hardware store to bust the concrete off.
>>
>>29756353
On your own, forever, until old age or illness kills you.
I think I'd be insane after a month on my lonesome. Probably end up sculpting a friend out of my own faeces, hair and toenail clippins by about week six.
Fuck that, I'd rather take my chances on the outside with actual people.
>>
>>29756366
That's a lot of work to get your hands on my corn chips. It sounds like you're pretty well supplied anyway but the thermal scope is an interesting point. Perhaps seeding a lot of inedible thermogenic plants would be a good way to hide it in a self sustaining way.
>>
>>29756378
What's better, getting baked with your new, completely trustworthy (if extremely smelly) best friend or being stabbed in the back by some crooked fucker over a bottle of piss?
>>
>>29749607
>Not bullet proof
>Can literally be seen easily from miles away in every direction
>Require fuel and maintenance
>No easy access to basic resources like fuel and food
>>
>>29756382
>a lot of hard work
>fid vents
>bloc vents
>??????
>one less crazy paranoid guy around who might fuck with the settlement
Sounds easy enough.
>>
>>29756389
The second one.
I told you, best idea is to form a community with people you know, even if there is a the unlikely off chance that old man Johnson will shank me for a bottle of piss (why would piss become a valuable all of a sudden?).
>>
>>29756389
Piss bottles are vital to making the world what it once was
>>
>>29756392
>potentially not getting all the vents
>paranoid weirdo unleashes chemical hell on your ass when you could have left him alone to be paranoid in peace

There's plenty of paranoid hermits in the Appalachians nobody takes care of because it's best to just let them be.
>>
>>29756408
>why would piss become a valuable all of a sudden

Not the piss itself, the piss bottle. Lets you piss indoors rather than go over to the window where someone might shoot you in the dick with a crossbow.
>>
>>29756408
>survival scenario
>betterdrinkmyownpiss.docx
>>
>>29749980
Nah, the /k/arrier, instead of a tanker, mainly cause reactors last longer.
>>
>>29756412
>drop hand grenade down vent
>no more weirdo
>sleep soundly never having to worry about chemical warfare again
>>
>>29756331
Got 2 boats mate
>>
>>29756424
/k/arrier will never be as good as prophesied because based chesnokov deded
>>
>>29756431
You're assuming that there would only be one vent and that it wouldn't have a baffle. You'd probably end up finding out the hard way that the first (last?) baffle is just under the surface when the grenade blows up inches from your feet.

Unbaffled vents are a good way to get crevice dwelling snakes in your bunker.
>>
Wouldn't the most secure places be in the far north?
It's also fairly easy to survive in rural Alaska provided that you have decent hunting skills.
>>
>>29756391
>not bullet proof
see
>>29756317
>>
File: image.jpg (118KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
118KB, 640x480px
>>29756444
>not wanting to hang out with snake bros
>mfw
>>
File: 8475235437167.jpg (145KB, 348x510px) Image search: [Google]
8475235437167.jpg
145KB, 348x510px
>>29756419
This is a scenario I had not anticpiated, what I just develop some sort of hosepipe system that lets me piss out of the window without actually being near it? Or just tearing up the floor boards and pissing into the cold earth?
>>29756423
>>
>>29756459
Yeah but only if you're a nord
>50% cold resistance
>>
File: simpsons-fire.gif (154KB, 240x181px) Image search: [Google]
simpsons-fire.gif
154KB, 240x181px
>>29756475

Actually that's a point to >>29756444

What's to stop me just pouring gas down the vent and torching the place? Genuinely curious how you get around this.
>>
>>29756483
The hose approach is risky because you have to detach it from your dick if you need to get out in a hurry. Imagine waking up with a sleep boner and having to haul the 12 feet of piss filled hose that's now stuck on your dick with you.
>>
>>29756504
Fine, the hose can be attacked to a stand in a sheltered part of the room, preferrably a toilet/panic room, so I can piss into it in relative comfort and safety.
>>
>>29756342
I can confirm this post since I used to sail a lot when I was younger. Have been thinking of buying a sailing boat of my own. An old school wooden sailing boat. A real boat.

Motor boats and yachts are for rich assholes and fancy ass faggots.
>>
>>29756510
>An old school wooden sailing boat.
Out of curiosity, why?
Why not a foam cored FRP boat?
>>
>>29756496
You'd have to spray your gas and hope it doesn't significantly condense on its journey down the vent. Decent bunker ventilation will have both baffles and water escape pipes to prevent condensation washing down into the bunker (assuming you're above the water table). The biggest problem is that you're wasting a very valuable commodity on one weirdo and the huge advantage said weirdo has over you is that they know when they're going to release poison gas so they only have to move to total air filtration when they do while you'll be burning through respirator filters constantly.

If you're in areas where fire around your vents is a genuine risk, then you could have intumescent foam or bimetallic operated shutters which seal in response to heat.
>>
>>29756510
And here we see the hipster of the seas.
>>
>>29756534
and how many millions of dollars is this vault-tec bunker going to cost?

The closest thing to a bunker any of us are going to have is a shit-filled hole that we've dug in the ground
>>
>>29756552
It depends how handy you are at welding, forming steel and what basically amounts to deep foundation work. The ventilation system would cost a fraction of the actual bunker and the poison gas system can be constructed from a small cylinder of a commonly available gas (sorry, I'm not going to specify which one but it's stable for decades and barely more expensive than propane), some thin copper pipe and a small blowtorch which only needs to be run as you dispense the gas.
>>
>>29756525
Fuck that, lets get a bunch of commandos and hijack the USS Constitution.

Lets let Ol Ironsides out, get the cannons working again.
>>
>>29756589
Amazing rebuttal to my questioning your choice of boat building material. Truly amazing...

>>29756541
Agreed.
>>
>>29756593
Cause I might of replied to the wrong post friendo.
>>
>>29756525
Because I used to sail on a wooden one with my dad and my uncle and my great uncle ever since I was a kid

And if ever SHTF even I with the little carpeting skills I have can fix the wooden hull with materials that are relatively plentiful although labor intensive to manufacture. Try manufacture or even repair FRP on your own without necessary facilities..

>>29756541
Yeah. Fuck you too.
>>
>>29756621
>carpeting skills
Joking aside
>fix the hull with plentiful materials
This requires you to be close enough to the shore at all times so that a) your boat doesn't sink and b) you have access to said materials. Your argument then falls back on this: >>29756267

Repairing FRP is actually fairly easy, both emergency and more permanent repairs, but that's not what speaks mostly for a frp boat. The biggest upside is the ability to, with relative ease, incorporate watertight compartments in the design. See pic related for example. This is a lot more difficult to do on a wooden boat for a number of reasons.
>>
File: Ball 1.jpg (98KB, 818x644px) Image search: [Google]
Ball 1.jpg
98KB, 818x644px
>>29749607
So, looking for a floating bunker? Have I got the product for you to blow your money on!
>>
>>29756846
This was discussed the other day.
It's shit.
>>
File: Ball 2.jpg (299KB, 818x647px) Image search: [Google]
Ball 2.jpg
299KB, 818x647px
>>29756846
Made with "totally green I swear" technology and designed to be ""self" "sufficient""
>>
File: Ball 3.jpg (464KB, 818x600px) Image search: [Google]
Ball 3.jpg
464KB, 818x600px
>>29756859
Grow your own food, exercise, plant palm trees, this thing does it all!
>>
File: Ball 7.jpg (360KB, 818x600px) Image search: [Google]
Ball 7.jpg
360KB, 818x600px
>>29756874
Have a retarded child you're forced to drag along? Just stick him in the lower prison bubble! Out of sight, out of mind.
>>
>>29749607
What is Fallout?
When the Fukisima rector blew, radiation could be recorded on geiger counters all the way from California.
Now imagine an actual military nuclear strike hitting the east and west coast. Priority number one is eliminating retaliation attacks so that means ports and anywhere a sub can restock nukes. The coasts will be fried and fallout will be carried by wind for hundreds of miles. That amount of radiation without any protection kills.
-But fallout can take from hours to days to travel and I can go south away from the first worlds to outrun it.
True, but then what?
Maintenance, Fuel, Food.
No matter how well equipped a boat is you need all three to life out there. Unique idea, but I'd like to hear the rest of the Sea Faring SHTF logic before I consider it.
>>
>>29756484
A true son of Skyrim
>>
>>29756564
Dude, Freon isn't some state secret. Really.

You can also make phosgene with chloroform and sunshine, or brake cleaner and sunshine.
>>
File: image.jpg (52KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52KB, 400x300px
>not wanting to live on the high seas sailing a Man of war/Sloop of war/Frogate/Galleon pretending everything is fine you just traveled back in time
Thread posts: 138
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.