[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would war (on both a strategic and tactical level) change

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: Roe9hBe.png (228KB, 624x480px) Image search: [Google]
Roe9hBe.png
228KB, 624x480px
How would war (on both a strategic and tactical level) change if we came out with bombs equaling or exceeding nuclear weapon yields without the radiation issues? Would MAD now be more of a high speed battle of attrition rather than an assumed death pact or would we simply blow each other up so much without worry that all the dust and fires would end up being nearly as bad in the short term vs isolated but highly toxic fallout plumes from major targets getting hit?
>>
>>29748653
The radiation is only a minor part of MAD. There would be little to no change in strategic doctrine, although you might see use of .5-1kt weapons tactically with less international blowback.
>>
File: 443px-Project_Chariot_plans.jpg (66KB, 443x600px) Image search: [Google]
443px-Project_Chariot_plans.jpg
66KB, 443x600px
>>29748653
>you will never see a continetnal canal built by a continual chain explosion of small non-nukes
>>
ohh nuclear war okay first thing first read the Kearny report it was written way back during the cold war even during the hight of the war fallout risk was minimal as fallout is generated by ineficent use of fission material and ground level detonation which is something modern hydrogen bombs avoid. Now some one might say but anon thousands of bombs make lots of fallout to that I say nonsense we detonated 1000s of nuclear weapons in testing over the decades and have had 2 major nuclear reactor failures yet the world is not a radioactive waste land nuclear war is survivable and winnable
>>
>>29748653
Nah, its all about missle defense. Once defenses get to the point where it renders missle ineffective then and only then will we see massive "conventional" warfare like ww2.
>>
>>29749667
>what is the Panama Canal
I mean it was a mix of explosives and shovels but still.
>>
here is a link to the Kearny report... It is quite startling that nuclear war is actually quite viable especially since now we have increased accuracy that allows us to use smaller warheads and have decreased our arsenal from doomsday level of 88000 warheads to around 2000... the fact is that we will have a nuclear war at some point in time when I do not know I hope not in my life time but I digress. War war is about wining and if nukes mean you win you will do it at all costs
>>
>>29749754
Link pls?
>>
>>29749743

But imagine that or something larger dug in a few days after a month of drilling and laying these non-nuclear "nukes".
>>
>>29749719
ohh don't get me started on missile defence I hate that it will enable the massive meat grinders of world war 1 proportions to happen in the modern world I only hope that hypersonic gliders will allow dynamic warhead reentry to avoid intercepters thereby making nukes stay relivent.. Never again do I want humanity to live through a Verdun, battle of mines , or anything like that hell on earth
>>
>>29749778
sorry here is link http://www.oism.org/nwss/
.... anyway yeah nukes are what keeps the world in check not because of mutually assured destruction but because the cost of rebuilding and restructuring is too much
>>
>>29749786
> never living through verdun or even bastogne

Why even operate?
>>
the fact is that humans are only governed by consequenses its the only thing that keeps us in check, nuclear warfare has such a long list of economic consequences mainly due to psychological impacts ex everyone becomes prepers after the first nuclear war fearful to actually contribute to society for fear that it will just be erased in the next war, or the fact that by destroying industrialized citys you will have widespread unemployment and have lost a lot of economic power imagine if world war 2 Germany and japan were all nuked instead of carpet bombed... the amount of money to rebuild would have been 10 times if not more then It actually costed us in reality
>>
>>29749824
maneuver warfare I like my warfare to not be siting in a trench wondering if the next artiliary shell will blow me up in trench warfare operators are meaningless as is skill its all luck... and with modern technology good luck making it to the other side.. with thermal sights night no longer allows for you to sneak behind enemy lines.. The only time I imagine operating in verdune is times when it would have driven my character mad
>>
At least read the thread with porper ST

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbekPiFGytw
>>
>>29749667
>>29749743
>>29749780
the whole point of that project was actually to study the effects of fallout on the nearby peoples, a guy became privy to the ultimate purpose and blew the whistle.
turned out they were already one of the peoples most effected by fallout from the testing of the era which circulated in the atmosphere and entered their diet through lichen, the caribou that eat it, and the fisheries.
pretty monstrous actually.
>>
>>29749880
Kewel. Too bad science was thwarted because of feelings.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.