[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Suppressors

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: aac_ti-rant_45_dis__1200x800.jpg (54KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
aac_ti-rant_45_dis__1200x800.jpg
54KB, 960x640px
Recommend me a .45 cal suppressor, /k/

My main host will by my 1911, with secondary use on a VZ-61 SBR

I've been considering the AAC TI-RANT .45 because it is hearing safe when dry. The Osprey is as well but I personally find it ugly. I only really want to buy one can for pistols, so .45 seems the way to go.

The TI-RANT would run me $804 all said and done; way better than a few years ago when I was looking and the can alone was $800.

The other options (in stock) that I am looking at are the Silencerco Octane 45HD and the YHM SIDEWINDER. I haven't been able to find a whole lot of comparisons between them so I suppose my question is which suppressor would you guys recommend?
>>
File: Snake! Snaaakkee!.jpg (569KB, 1616x1212px) Image search: [Google]
Snake! Snaaakkee!.jpg
569KB, 1616x1212px
>>29747614
I have a ti-rant .45 I really like everything about it other than the finish on the outside. it scratches a little too easy for my liking. but I got mine almost 6 years ago now so they might of changed the outer finish. AMA I also have a vid of the sound comparison
>>
>>29747781
>6 years ago

I suppose that means they hold up pretty nicely? It's not the longest can out there, but does the 7.5" ever feel like a whole lot?

Have you ever put it on a 9mm gun?
>>
File: We Operator Now.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
We Operator Now.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>29747798

> they hold up pretty nicely
it probably has about 15-20k rounds through it cans don't really wear out unless you have a baffle strike.

>does the 7.5" ever feel like a whole lot?
it is a noticeable weight on the end of the gun. with an empty mag it will drag the front of the gun down. with a loaded mag it balances rather well

>Have you ever put it on a 9mm gun?
yeah here it is on my sig
>>
>>29747864
I am a little cautious of the weight, at least for the VZ-61 as the barrel is very thin.

How well does it suppress 9mm?
>>
File: UMPstain.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
UMPstain.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>29747894
that would be a lot of ass on an older scorpion. you would be better getting something smaller. if you are looking at a one size fits all can silencer co makes the hybrid and griffin armament makes a universal can also I can't remember the name atm.

>How well does it suppress 9mm?
it all depends a .45 can will never suppress as good as a 9mm can due to the end cap hole size you also have the crack of the bullet unless you are shooting subsonic. but there is a very noticeable difference with it on
>>
>>29747940
Yeah, thats the one thing thats making me hesitate. On a lot of pics of suppressed vz61s the can looks pretty big, but I don't have the gun yet so i really can't say how thick the barrel is.

Awesome. I don't own a 9mm pistol yet but eventually plan on getting something with a threaded barrel.
>>
>>29748014
if you are looking at only buying one ever the griffin can is able to vary lengths for size. you are never going to get something the will be a proper size for the vz61 unless you buy one of those subcompact cans. also I would look at the threading on the barrel they might not have an adapter that fits it from AAC
>>
>>29747614
my YHM M2 Cobra was $600 before the stamp.
its hearing safe while dry
one piece baffle stack
user serviceable
customer service is great
Cons:
gets loose after about 20rounds
dangerously loose after 40
its really long

I have it on my 1911 its movie quiet with about a cap full of water and hearing safe dry, like slaming a text book down really hard, no EEEEEEEEE though
>>
>>29748053
Griffin one is all sold out, unfortunately. I suppose further down the line I can get a 9mm can for the VZ... Or better yet, form-1 a can. I imagine a can for .32acp on a fixed barrel wouldn't be too hard to build

>>29748069
That seems like a pretty serious con
>>
Anyone know anything about the YHM SIDEWINDER? According to Silencershop it is the same size as the TIRANT but weighs an ounce less, and from what I've been able to find, it has about the same dB reduction as the TIRANT while costing about $65 less.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.