[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What materials and tools would i need to make a homemade STEN gun?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Sten_Mk_2.jpg (141KB, 740x465px) Image search: [Google]
Sten_Mk_2.jpg
141KB, 740x465px
What materials and tools would i need to make a homemade STEN gun?
>>
>>29721134
Anal lube for sure. Cause if you don't make it right you will likely end up in a fuck me in the ass federal prison. Just or buy something that isn't a shitty stamped steel grease tube.
>>
>>29721172
im in cuckstralia m8 im fucked either way
>>
>>29721134
>welder
>STEN parts kit
>Seamless tubing
>drill press
>drill bits
>files
>>
A vise, one hammer, and a sten.
>>
>>29721134
I actually just recieved all my parts and am starting my build this weekend.
1: parts kit, mk3 is cheapest and most common. Keep in mind not every kit is the same, some come with everything, others you might have to buy little bits n pieces. I had to get a new spring set to go with mine.
2: reciever tube, indiannapolis ordinance makes a great selection of reciever tube blanks.
3: semi auto bolt kit. To be legal the reciever cannot fit a full auto bolt inside, so make sure your bolt kit matches your reciever. Indiannapolis ordinance makes one to go with thier recievers
4: longer barrel (unless you are replacing the stock with a pistol grip and just building a pistol) otherwise it will be an SBR. Indiannapolis ordinance again, makes an 18 inch barrel.
5: drill and drill bit set. Drill press is ideal but not required.
6: dremmel and cutting head set.
7: wire feed welder

You will also need basic stuff like a vice, metal files, sand paper, probably a grinder to remove stuff from the demilled reciever like the magwell and stuff. A dremel attachment could handle it but a bench grinder with a wire-wheel would be a lot easier. Or you could just buy new stuff and discard the old welded on pieces.

You might need to punch some rivets too, depending on your build. This requires a rivet punch and rivets.

All told it cost me about 500, but I already had the tools and will be fabricating some parts myself to cut costs. Your build will probably run about 650 to 700.
>>
>>29721273
thanks m8
>>
>>29721273
see
>>29721196
the guy is in australia, If he is building a STEN it's safe to assume it will be illegal, no matter if it's s/a or f/a or got a stock with a short barrel.
>>
>>29721301
Im actually building this one as a prototype. I KNOW they could probably be built way less expensive than they are. I wanna maybe get a manufacturers license and turn out completed recievers or something.
>>
>>29721196

Be a patriot, not a criminal. The difference between a law-abiding citizen enjoying the rights they /do/ have and an edgelord begging to go on a watchlist is how far you push it. Get a license, get a shitty 17 HMR or someshit. Read, vote, inform your close friends and get other people into the sport.

STENs are fun but if you're not in a free US state, don't go ghetto gunsmith and make more trouble for law enforcement that do NOT want to lock up normal, well-adjusted adults.
>>
>>29721324
>LEO that doesn't want to arrest/murder everyone
Yeah, those exist.
>>
Search up the "Luty gun".
>>
>>29721324
>don't go ghetto gunsmith and make more trouble for law enforcement that do NOT want to lock up normal, well-adjusted adults.
There are two very different ways to interpret this injunction.

Good luck, have fun, and for the love of God practice opsec.
>>
ATF pls
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.