[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What handgun clener to use

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

File: cleaner.png (106KB, 272x176px) Image search: [Google]
cleaner.png
106KB, 272x176px
I currently have Ballistol and a small bottle of CLP. Just curious what everyone else uses.
>>
>>29721043
I love me some Ed's Red. Much cheaper than buying solvent at the store and works like a dream.
>>
File: xesse c.jpg (188KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
xesse c.jpg
188KB, 960x960px
>>29721043
>>
>>29721043
I use Slip 2000 725 on all my handguns and rifles. But for my rifle barrels I still stick with a few Hoppes soaked patches.
>>
File: 362 Waffenpflege 300 ml.png (81KB, 220x380px) Image search: [Google]
362 Waffenpflege 300 ml.png
81KB, 220x380px
I'm a yurofag. Basically, I use Brunox for everything. Like Ballistol, it removes fouling and it lubes like CLP.
>>
>>29721417
sound like the best of both.
>>
Coconut oil.
>>
I've been using Hoppes #9 and CLP for most stuff for years and never had any issues or complaints.

But then again most modern cleaners and lubricants are pretty solid.
>>
File: Glock_29_SF_10mm_Auto_1933006.jpg (14KB, 370x241px) Image search: [Google]
Glock_29_SF_10mm_Auto_1933006.jpg
14KB, 370x241px
Hoppe's for the bore, CLP for everything else.

I would Hoppes everything since it's much faster than CLP, but Hoppes took the finish off my kitchen table one time and now i'm unreasonably paranoid about my blued/parkerized guns.
>>
>not just drowning everything in Ballistol, brushing it in with a toothbrush, wiping it off, then reapplying a small bit of Ballistol on lube points

All other ways are wrong.
>>
Count me in for the, "Hoppes for the bore and CLP everything else" club.
>>
Is it bad that my only cleaning/lubing is done with Remoil and boresnakes?
>>
>>29721043

Ballistol and CLP are all I use.
>>
>>29721043
>M16A4 SERVICE RIFLE, KEY-WORD "LM-GAS"!

>LIGHTWEIGHT, MAGAZINE-FED, GAS-OPERATED, AIR-COOLED, SHOULDER-FIRED WEAPON!

>PROPER CARE OF THE M16A4 SERVICE RIFLE REQUIRES THE USE OF ISSUED CLP ONLY, SIR! CLEANER, LUBRICATING, PROTECTIVE!
>>
File: product_640x800_mobil-1-5w-30.jpg (109KB, 640x800px) Image search: [Google]
product_640x800_mobil-1-5w-30.jpg
109KB, 640x800px
Mobil 1
>>
>>29722166
I only use hopped after every every thousand rounds or so to clear of the copper fouling. CLP for everything else.
>>
File: image.jpg (16KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16KB, 400x400px
>>29721043
Who /greace/ here for lube. Seems to work a lot better on my shotgun and bolt actions for lube than CLPz (never tried ballistol yet)
>>
>>29722283
>residue build up
No thank you
>>
>>29721043
I use hoppes 9 for cleaning, and CLP to lube it up after. I noticed the CLP really helps to reduce action noise and "clack", especially on HK style cocking tubes.

The hoppes 9 is almost out, I had heard that banana smell is actually pretty bad for you so I may switch cleaning agents soon.
>>
>>29722336
MAJOR CORRECTION
When I said CLP I meant Tetra gun grease, sorry it's early
>>
>>29721345
Once again, first post == best post.
>>
>>29721043
Hoppes #9 synthetic blend seems to work quite well for carbon, but not good for copper.

Hoppes #9 (the classic stuff) works good for both, takes out more copper which you probably want to leave a good bit of.
>>
>>29721043
Ive only used hoppes and ballistol, but they both seem to work well. Ballistol cleaned my leather shoes pretty well too.
>>
>>29721345
>>29722283
>>29722391

I'm currently shopping for a copper solvent.

I'm currently using WW2 U.S. Army rifle bore cleaner that will turn you into swamp thing with too much exposure. It rapes fouling, tho.

I just mixed up some Ed's Red and it cleans carbon like a champ but I need to get the copper out every now and then.

I use Lucas oil upper cylinder lube as my gun oil and valvoline moly grease for sliding parts like the bolts in my SKS and mossy 500.

I NEVER believe it when something is marketed as a cleaner and a lubricant. Current milspec CLP is shit. I've never seen a M16 or M4 bore without copper in the bore. Even my own after an hour of scrubbing.
>>
>>29722481
You can make Ed's Red into a great copper cleaner by mixing 11 ounces of it with 2 oz industrial strength (10%) ammonia, 2 oz cutting oil, and an ounce of Murphy's Oil Soap.
>>
>>29721043
I use Ballistol, works fine for my needs.
>>
anyone used Gunzilla?
>>
>>29721043
I'm a Ballistol man for my go to general purpose oil for everything from my knives and machete, to chainsaw chains to bike chains door hinges...etc.

I always have ballistol on hand and use it on my guns like my pistols and shotguns as well, but lately I've been using Slip 2000 on just my AR-15 ever since I got a free samples with my BCM gear.

Slip 2000 is fucking expensive though, and for the same price I can get a can of ballistol with more ounces that I can use on everything and anything and still have four to five bucks change.
>>
>>29721043
Tranny fluid to clean, 10w-40 for lube.
>>
>>29722537
Kewel. Thanks.
>>
I'd never heard of Ballistol until a thread a while back. I bought a can since it says it's good on corrosive ammo and I bought a little under 400 rounds of Korean surplus .30-06 that I assume to be corrosive but Boxer primed with the intention of shooting it then reloading it as reduced power plinking loads.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.