[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New semi auto shotgun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

File: 019.jpg (112KB, 1023x573px) Image search: [Google]
019.jpg
112KB, 1023x573px
What does /k/ recommend? I'm looking at the benelli m3 and m4 the fnh slp and the beretta 1301. As my top picks right now I don't really have a budget but I'd like it to be under 1700
>>
>>29704686
>benelli m3 and m4
pure overpriced meme
>>
Benelli, Beretta, FN. In that order.
>>
>>29704720
Even the m3?
>>
>>29704686
I use a benelli m2 and it's fucking great. I've not used an m3 or m4, but if they're anything like the m2 they're awesome.
>>
>>29705071
How much was your m2?
>>
VEPR-12
>>
>>29705254
900 iirc, shits on every other shotgun I've used.
>>
As I understand it, the 930 is made reliable with an aftermarket gas piston set. Probably the only other shotgun I intend on buying.
>>
Benelli m2 is nice gun
Stoeger m3000 is the best copy of a good gun ever
>>
File: 20151219_104250.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20151219_104250.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
I like FN SLP ...shoots great for me .
>>
I can get a m3 for 1300. Does anyone have any experience with one?
>>
>>29704686
Look at Winchester. They are an FN company now and offer some patterns (like the SLP and SX2) under both brandings.

The Winchesters are generally made in the US (the SXP is a Turkish made import), but do often reflect a discount over buying the FN branded gun.
>>
>>29706011
I've read they have some differences with them like the shot loads they with fire reliably
>>
>>29706455
The biggest difference is going to be between the SX3 and the rest of the line.

The SX3 isn't a direct derivative of anything specific FN, Browning, or Winchester were making, but uses general elements from their guns. The difference between the SX2 and SLP is the slight tuning for target loads on part of the SX2. The Practical and Mark I are almost identical.
>>
>>29706828
Thanks /k/bro I think I'm leaning towards the slp because I like that it comes with 8+1
>>
Fnh
>>
>>29706969
There is something to be said about owning an FN, beyond being good guns.

Status or whatever people call. It's nice to have nice things.

Good luck and good shooting!
>>
>>29704725
2nd this

I shoot a Benelli M1
Excellent quality, performance, and reliability
>>
>>29708152
I know that feel
>>
They all seem like good choices
>>
I have a Mossy 930 SPX and it came with a shit mag tube spring that bound up. Replaced it with a Wolff spring and now it's boner-inducing
>>
>>29709989
Christ, is Mossberg going the way to Remington?
>>
>>29705400
I would like to know more about this. I was looking at the Jim pro edition so I can get into 3gunning
>>
File: IMG_20151206_110200260.jpg (3MB, 4320x2432px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151206_110200260.jpg
3MB, 4320x2432px
>>29710203
The JM Pro uses a modified gas system from the rest of the 930 line (there are derivatives of the JM Pro that use this gas system).

The biggest difference is the use of nitrides and chrome to reduce the wear that causes issues after a couple years. It also has an extended elevator.

Oh, and the mag tube extension is a Nordic, using their couplers and springs. SPX uses Choate.

I have the Rhythm, which is a 13 shot variant. The only issues I have had are firing target loads in very cold weather, though it still cycled.
>>
I heard the new SLPs has a gas piston with a gold colored ring instead of red and black now which aren't as good. Any truth to this?
>>
>>29711523
Gold means it is from a Browning SKU, as I understand it.

https://www.mid(removethis)wayusa.com/product/493004/browning-universal-piston-assembly-browning-gold-silver-winchester-sx2-sx3-fnh-slp-12-gauge
>>
Quick question. I have a Saiga 12 lined up for cheap and I want to put a folding stock on it.

Would putting a folding stock on a shotgun make it an SBS if it's folded length is over 26"?
>>
>>29711523
Wait, are you talking about the 18"?
>>
>>29711594
No. OAL is measured from the fully extended position.
>>
>>29711601
Thanks fampai
>>
>>29711594
No it would not be a SBS, but for specific regulatory questions, it is best to call your state ATF field office.
>>
>>29711597
All of the current models in production is my understanding. I want a good reliable auto loading shotgun but the new gas pistons have me concerned. I also don't feel like blowing the money on a Benelli
>>
Maverick 88, and a day or two off of work with margarita mix, shells, clays, brand new automatic thrower and a Craigslist boom box to play jazz on to remind yourself how you've just made the absolute most of your money and trained well enough to make any one with a more expensive shotgun look like shit shooting next to you, all whilst drunk none the less!
>>
>>29711594
Bro that's something you should ask a gunsmith/competent gun merchant not random internet people who might be autistic underage trans furries IRL.
>>
>>29711717
He's already got his answer. If that were the case, any AK underfolder would be an NFA item.
Spoilers they're not.
>>
>>29711688
I bought a maverick 88 the other day m8, I really like it but the LOP is too long, do you know of any good aftermarket stocks I could use?
>>
>>29711724
Ree fucking normalswine kids, when I was your age I had to make mum go out and ask people in real life.
>>
>>29711750
I'm older than you m80.
>>
VEPR 12 although when you get into mag fed shotguns it kind of changes the platform a lot. For price the price and quality of the VEPR 12 it suits all my semi-auto needs. For anything else I use (And prefer) a pump action
>>
>>29711733
Any that fit 500...
>>
>>29711659
Huh, they must be sourcing them all through Browning then, which should be Miroku unless it changed in the last six months. That said, I have heard of issues with the SLP 18" but not anything else, though I am more likely to hear of issues with Brownings or Winchesters than FN.
>>
SRM 1216 looks pretty fuckin neat.
>>
>>29711717
>>29711621
I'm literally stuck on a boat in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico with only an 64 kbps internet connection. It's either you guys or wade through forums full of autistic forum queens and angry FFL dealers/ex cops trying to tell you why you should buy what they bought to validate their purchase instead of staying on the thread topic.

Tfw it takes me about 4 tries to get the captcha box to even load.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.