[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

French Foreign Legion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: legion-is-our-fther-land.jpg (308KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
legion-is-our-fther-land.jpg
308KB, 1024x768px
Is it a legit option for for someone that has been doing nothing other than eat, sleep, train, travel, being /out/ and spending time in the internet.

Pls no bully

>26
>fit
>no gf
>still living with parents
>no education
>no job in the near future

>no debt

I honestly don't know what to do with my life and I can only find minimum wage jobs if I don't change it.
Have any /k/ anon tried it?
>>
>>29594764
You sound like an indecisive bitch. FFL only accepts decisive men
>>
Here is a neat idea. GO TO FUCKING SCHOOL!

Alternatively, you aren't too old to join the US military. Go Air Force and pick something like intel.
>>
>>29594764
I considered the FFL then looked into what they actually do and it sounds pretty bad. You're paid jack shit to sit around in some of the worst places in the world to "fight" for a country that thinks you're scum. Hard pass.
>>
>>29594764
Why not just join your own country's military fag?
>>
>>29594857
Fuck you with yr lies
FFL are the most known & respected units in France, alongside the RPIMAs
>>
>>29594764
The biggest obstacle to getting into FFL is the interview. They are looking for very specific group of people. Physical fitness is secondary, but do make sure that you are in perfect health when it comes to teeth and other minor issues.
>>
>>29594776
You're not wrong t.bh.

>>29594820
Not American.

>>29594857
>You're paid jack shit
still more than I have been making for the last years.

>>29594860
Too old
>>
Carry out the aforementioned deed sodomite.
Worst thing that happens? You find out if you could get in and if not then you get a trip to France.
>>
>>29594989
But they're looked down upon by French citizens because they still carry the stigma of being made up of foreign criminals. Why would you want to work your ass off, get paid shit, patrol a dirt patch in Mali, all to protect the interests of people who fear and despise you? It's all the shitty parts of being a hired mercenary without the pay.
>>
>>29595680
>But they're looked down upon by French citizens because they still carry the stigma of being made up of foreign criminals

Why do you pretend to know what all "French citizens" think?
>>
>>29595288
>Too old

>26

What military?
>>
>>29595707
Look up the Vanity Fair article about the FFL that came out a few years back.

>Late in the morning the column entered a large village, and Boulanger called a halt for lunch in a churchyard. I had thought that people might come out to encourage them, and even warm them with offers of coffee, but rather the opposite occurred when some of the residents closed their shutters as if to wish the legionnaires gone. This fit a pattern I had seen all day, of drivers barely bothering to slow as they passed the line of exhausted troops. When I mentioned my surprise to Boulanger he said that the French love their army once a year, on Bastille Day, but only if the sky is blue. As for the foreigners of the Foreign Legion, by definition they have always been expendable.

http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/2012/12/french-foreign-legion-expendables
>>
>>29595680
I'm French, since we're kids we know that ffl are tough motherfuckers that will die fighting for the Republic. They are celebrated at every event and get most of the love.
The people who dislikes them dislike the military altogether, saying theyre babykillers and all
>>
>>29595819
Doesn't mean shit, I see soldiers every day with Sentinelle, I'm supposed to shake everyone's hands?
As for the expendables it's kinda like USA & the Marines; we love to say they're first to fight but irl other units are already in the sandbox when they step or of the plane. FFL deaths are under national coverage, no later than this winter I think 4 died on an avalanche during training, nobody said "oh is just the legion we don't care'
>>
>>29594764
Why not just join Marines or something (if you're American). Get paid more and training will be more effective since you don't have to learn a language.
>>
>>29595722
My country is retarded what can I say. I will not specify which country but we're part NATO

>>29595911
Not American but french is not a problem, I speak a couple languages and french is not hard to get better at it.
>>
>>29596805
Why won't you say that country
>>
>>29596843
because I'm retard and don't like to give personal info on the internet
>>
>>29596936
Unless there are fucking two people in your country it's not personal information, Christ.
>>
>>29596936
What, you live in Liechtenstein? How the fuck are we gonna track you down if we gave two shits about it?

I want to know what NATO country doesn't accept 26 year olds in the military. Germany right now is practically scraping the bottom of their barrel for recruits, so I know it's not them.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.