[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how to run a meet up

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_20160214_190303.jpg (2MB, 2948x3219px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160214_190303.jpg
2MB, 2948x3219px
I've hosted two meet ups so far. However, theyve been small, single day events without a lot of people. I also feel like I've had poor communication with my attendees. Let's have a thread to discuss our experiences hosting /k/ meet ups and get tips and advice for us more inexperienced guys.
>>
>>29571508
Don't meet anyone from 4chan.
>>
>>29571508
Don't eat the brownies.
>>
Ignore the pained sounds from animals coming from behind my van.
>>
>>29571508
I've hosted two largish meets (60ish attendees)
it'll keep you busy, didn't get to do a whole lot of shooting. Being an organizer also means you gotta keep everything in order and make sure everyone is doing everything safely.

However, all in all it's super fun. Everyone is always nice and happy to meet me. It's really great being able to meet people you've only talk to online. I've met a lot of cool people at the meets.

The only major downside to organizing meets is dealing with the trolls. There are people on here who absolutely despise the fact that 4channers are meeting up. They have this mindset that by having meets, we are ruining the 4chan culture by removing the "anonymous" element of the board. These people will do anything to try and deter people from attending your meets. Anything from claiming they'll be bringing drugs or illegal items (and then samefag and pretend they'll be calling the police on your event) to de-railing your threads by getting offtopic and talking shit about attendees, to pretending to be an event organizer and coming up with ridiculous requirements (like checking your guns in at the event and having police check your firearms). They'll even pretend to be attendees of meets and make up "terrible things" that happened at the meets or talk shit about event organizers or individuals who've attended.

The worst is probably when they email claiming they'll do anything to get the event raided by the FBI/ATF/police etc. or even that they'll try and kill you at the event.

they all have the same kind of writing, and it's pretty obvious it's just a couple people samefagging trying to ruin everyone elses fun.

Of course, at the actual event, nothing like that ever happens. Everyone has fun, there are never any incidences, and everyone gets along.

Just gotta ignore the trolls in the threads and emails.

>>29573213
I ate the brownies...
>>
>>29573505
>Who took the brownie from the cum jar?
>flandre took the brownie from the cum jar.
>Who me? [flandre points to himself.]
>Yes, you! [anons nod their heads "yes" and point at flandre.]
>Not me! [flandre shakes his head "no."]
>Then who? [Everyone shrugs their shoulders.]
>anon [flandre points to anon.]
>>
>>29573505
Yeah, I got Tommy thyroid's spiel. There was other meetup I was planning that fizzled, but some guy sent me emails saying how 6 of guys were going to roll up and kill us.
>>
>>29573505
>>29571508
This.

There are plenty of folks who have held sucessful meetups and there's a lot to learn about event planning in general.

You might even want to say where you are if you want to liason or join up with a larger meetup so you can meet a core of people IRL who live local and might do smaller meets for newer folks or lurkers.

Went to some of the California meets, there's were a fair few and some people hung out unofficially once they met each other.

Keep at it though, people tend to get discouraged when they have small turnout not realizing that even a couple showing up is still a good time.
>>
>>29571508
kekbump
>>
>>29574740
>but some guy sent me emails saying how 6 of guys were going to roll up and kill us.
But that would require leaving his moms basement.
>>
yeah dont eat the brownies, i ate a couple and woke up the next morning with a sore asshole. funny thing is i dont even remember taking a shit.
>>
>>29573505
>The only major downside to organizing meets is dealing with the trolls
Says the biggest troll on /k/. It never ceases to amaze me at how loudly little shitbags like you whine when you get a taste of your own medicine.
Someday when I'm not swamped with grad school I'm going to just completely ruin you. Stolen identity, destroyed credit even computer crimes attached to you. Someday.
>>
>>29579576
Sounds like someone has a crush...
>>
>>29574740
>but some guy sent me emails saying how 6 of guys were going to roll up and kill us.
I wonder if some group of criminals like those scumbags with the Sovereign Citizens would think it worth the risk to stage an organized robbery for the guns and ammo. Some of the smaller meets where held in out of the way places. The MN meets I've been to had a high ratio of vets and most of them were in combat so I think we would have been ok but maybe not the one OP just had or the ones Flandre has, his meets seem to be weeb and /cos/ heavy and they ain't gonna fight..

I've been to every one of the MN meets and they were great times. Now that asshole went full reteard I don't know if we will have anymore.
>TFW you're all alone again

>>29579576
Hey look at me everyone, I'm an internet tough guy.
>>
>>29573505
>Never any incidences

I can recall a few.
>>
>>29579892
Name one thing that has happened at any meet anywhere that couldn't have happened on any range in the country.
>>
>>29571508
Are you the NC neetup guy? I wanted to go to both of yours but I've been in school. Hope another NC meetup happens this summer, only time I can go.
>>
I heard creep finder was on the /k/ kik chat and that there is a meet up in Blacksburg on the first week of June. What's the specific date?
>>
>>29580998
>>29525539
Summer NuggetFest is finally upon us!

>When
June 3rd - 5th, Friday - Sunday

>Where
Near Blacksburg, Virginia

>What
Camping out, target shooting, campfire cooking, horseshoes and hanging out.
>>
>>29580998
How do i get in the kik chat??
>>
>>29579979
Flying flags and bbq?

A lot of ranges are anal about both.
>>
>>29581021
Wait for a recruiting thread to pop up.

>>29581012
Thanks m8
>>
I went to the houston one last year, was cool. Smoked some bud, shot some guns and talked guy shit, I still even talk to the guys I met there. we're planning todo it this year too
>>
>>29581270
I went to the one a month ago. Was pretty chill. No bud, just mostly drinking a grilling shit
>>
>>29581167
Thar's hardly an incident. Though a bank of our flags would rustle normie jimmies like a mofo.
Incidents are blood dripping or shit getting stolen. Maybe a fight or some creeper harassing a grill so bad she wants to leave. None of that shit has happened at any meet organized on /k/. There was one anon who toke a ricochet to his cheekie breekie and that ND but nothing that should keep anyone from attending a meet.
>>
>>29581270
>Smoked some bud,
First rule of fight club is you don't talk about fight club. You had one job you huge cunt.
>>
File: lipsthat.jpg (352KB, 1731x1230px) Image search: [Google]
lipsthat.jpg
352KB, 1731x1230px
I might consider going to one if it was a dry meet-up.
>>
>>29581469
>>29581270
Was not aware of any Houston meets wtf
>>
>>29584223

Yep. No fucking way, am I meeting anyone off these boards or this site, in the woods, with guns, with alcohol.

No, fucking, way.
>>
>>29584259
The NorCal meetup was even allowing underaged to go. If I went to a shooting event that had alcohol OR unsupervised minors I would turn around and get back in my car.
>>
>>29584223
>>29584259

Your loss. Considering a Nuggestfest hasn't had any serious injuries or incidents regarding alcohol and firearms, worst you get is people being drunk, loud, and happy.
>>
>>29584311
>drunk, loud, and happy
sounds well regulated to me
>>
>>29584311

That's your logic? Ever heard of Russian Roulette? Exact same principle. One day, one of the idiots off these boards will get drunk or high and will shoot either themselves or someone else at the meet, either intentionally or by accident.

One of the simplest rules of firearms - you don't drink or do drugs when you're using them. Anyone that ignores that shouldn't be allowed to own firearms.
>>
>>29584507
depends on how well you know the people you're drinking and shooting guns with.
>>
>>29584308
There wasn't any booze at the shoot pleb.
>>
>>29584507
>Anyone that ignores that shouldn't be allowed to own firearms.
also, you can fuck right off with that opinion.
>>
>>29584629

Why? Because it's about having the respect for the weapon it deserves? You don't know, 100%, what you will do or how you will react when drunk or high. I don't give a fuck who you are.

Everyone a meet, best of friends, all having a laugh, everyone drunk / high. Someone says something / does something, and that switch is flipped and someone goes and gets their gun.

It happens enough as it is when weapons aren't involved.

Weapons deserve respect. I notice there's a distinct lack of it among a number of people that own them.
>>
File: tap dat monitor.jpg (31KB, 750x471px) Image search: [Google]
tap dat monitor.jpg
31KB, 750x471px
>>29584223 AR15 get
>>29584259
Ive been to a few meets and even though I love my whiskies I get nervous watching people get way to dunk. What happens to all of us if an underage attendee drinks themselves almost dead. This is my concern.
>>29584311
That's not true, there have been both but they were handled correctly as they happened. One person drank himself into alcohol poisoning and need to be taken to an emergeny room and another slipped while having a round chambered in a nugget and NDed. if you're being honest about it you have to admit there is a learning curve involved in all this shit.
The one thing /k/ meets have going for them is the autistic level of trigger discipline we suffer from.
>>29584337
>>29584337
>sounds well regulated to me
I like the way you think anon, pic related.
>>29584507
NOPE. I can only speak foir the nuggetfests I've been to but NOPE NIOPE NOPE.
Once they start using the alcohols the guns are put away. I noticed the older people and RO's seemed to be hyper vigilant once the diking started and I felt safe around the fire.
And as far as drug use,m if anyone was smoking dope they were careful enough that no one else knew so again I would be fine sitting next to those people as well.
Me thinks you're just trolling which is shocking, I mean no one ever trolls meet up threads.
>>29584587
Yea, huge difference between drinking beer all day and plinking with people you;ve known for years and a gathering of strangers. YUUUUUGE difference
>>29584608
>no booze at the shoot. if you camped out the night before and/or after you're just a bunch of sad faggots then.
>>
>>29584688
>Everyone a meet, best of friends, all having a laugh, everyone drunk / high. Someone says something / does something, and that switch is flipped and someone goes and gets their gun.
You watch too much TV naziboo. Most people never think about murdering someone and there is a real difference between how we act on 4chan and how we have acted IRL at meet ups. Stop trolling, met ups from /k/ have been unnaturally safe if you think about it. I mean a meet up is just the wrong place to go full retard.
>>
>>29584688
you said "you don't drink or do drugs when you're using them", not blackout drunk or stoned out of your mind.

drinking a few beers or smoking some weed is perfectly fine with trustworthy people, but there is a huge difference between that and getting drunk and fumbling with guns.
>>
>>29571508
Always invite an FBI and ATF as backup incase the NEET nutters go insane and start shooting. Then you can just claim it was self defense and kill them all.
>>
>>29584757
>smoking some weed is perfectly fine with trustworthy people
I should qualify by saying that I don't smoke weed but don't have a problem with people who do though I do despise the greasy hippie types who can't live with a cloud of pot smoke surrounding them24/7.
In most states smoking weed is illegal and would cause the loss of your right to own guns. Further I don't know how the laws in states where it's legal treat medical card holders or users and gun ownership. Has the ATF or congress dealt with this as far as 4473 forms are concerned?
I will say that promoting drug use at meets organised on /k/ will with out fail draw the attention of federal law enforcemt at some point. No way saying come smoke dope and whatever doesn't end up with people in cuffs and us in the news.
I have yet to see the organizers of any meet up here on /k/ say it would be condoned and I doubt we ever will. This is just more trolling with things that have never happened.
>>29584781
>Always invite an FBI and ATF as backup
Always ASSUME the FBI and BATF are present and hope they bring fun toys to play with and beer to drink.
>>
File: Bear-trap-ATO.jpg (37KB, 650x390px) Image search: [Google]
Bear-trap-ATO.jpg
37KB, 650x390px
>>29571508
>how to run a meet up
You had better have a couple traps OP.
>>
>>29584308
You're a fucking pussy.
>>
>>29581469
>>29584254
It was a mostly meet and greet to sort out carpooling situations to the one planned this summer near San Marcos.

But the dude who was supposed to host it is fucking always drunk and is basically MIA now, so it's pretty much guaranteed to not happen.
>>
>>29587323
host the damn thing yourself. texas was the first place meets happened semi regular.
>>
Summer kamp thread is up
>>29581636
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.