[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bear Gun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: catgun.jpg (7KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
catgun.jpg
7KB, 259x194px
Hey /k/ I'm not sure if this deserves its own thread but whatever.
Will my WASR-10/63 make a good bear gun with 125 grain soft points?
Not much else I can carry aside from my 22 or glock 27 so I assume its the best choice and I sure as hell don't have the money for a lever action in 45-70. Also, what's the deal with 300 blackout? It seems to be like some existing 30 caliber rounds just a lot more expensive.
>>
>>29543129
If it's all you got it'll work fine.

Handload some crazy ass loads.
>>
>>29543129
Why do you need a bear gun? What sort's of bear meeting situation are you going to be in?

And 300 blackout was the US copying the 7.62x39. Also muh subsonic
>>
>>29543129
>good bear gun?
No. But if its what you have, its better than nothing. You can get a 12ga pretty cheap, thats what actual guides carry.

>300blk
It's a good suppressor round, works in an AR with only an upper change, and uses regular .556 mags. I would rather go to .308 but I'm sure it's ideal for certain applications.
>>
>>29543158
Where I'm going camping for 3 days theres hella bears plus a whole list of other possibly dangerous animals, mostly big cats.
>>
>>29543248
Most in our group are armed with bear spray and a couple guns. But I want to know that I will be at least helping kill whatever comes our way.
>>
>>29543339
Well just make lots of noise and keep your food situation in check. But I'm pretty sure if you put 30 rounds of x39 into anything real fast, it's not gonna have much fight left in it.
>>
>>29543368
In the group we have 6 canisters of bear spray, my ak, a 12 gauge with 7+1, a Ruger AR, and a Kel Tec Su16. I think we are fine on firepower but I dont like that half of the guns are 556, don't think those are good for even cougars let alone grizzly's.
>>
>>29543444
And I'm sure whenever i go innawoods i'm well armed after what happened a year ago. Will tell if interested.
>>
>>29543444
Like I said, mag dump on a bitch if it becomes necessary. Nothing but the 12 has much of a chance with a single body shot. Just go quantity over quality.
>>
>>29543515
Go ahead, but greentext that shit. And type it out first then copy/paste so we don't have to wait forever between sections
>>
>>29543533
It's not too long but here we go
>be me, 18
>senior year just ended
>decide to go innawoods backpacking
>bring gf, two friends and a co-workers
>plan and pack for a week
>go to thunder creek trail in WA near marble mount
>drive 3 hours there and start the hike
>about 15 miles in we setup camp for the night
>having fun drinking and telling stories with a good fire
>hear large creature in woods
>draw sks and chamber
>use flashlight ziptied on to look around
>see nothing
>after a few minutes sit back down and relax
>immediately hear something rushing to camp
> stand and point again
>hear "I'm going to rape and kill all of you kiddos"
>see man
>looks homeless and cracked out
>tell him to fuck off or get fired on
>guy draws old kbar and walks forward
>give him a few warnings before firing a warning shot
>he fucks off
>take turns with my sks keeping watch over night
>morning comes and we pack and head deeper
>find a few abandoned campsites
>nothing special just looks like other hikers
>hear that same guy laughing somewhere above us
>we hurry along the trail
>guy somehow gets infront of us and starts swinging the knife
>this time open fire 3 rounds
>hit him atleast once and he runs off into the forest
>cut the trip short and hike 20 miles back in one day to the cars and leave
>never going back and never heard from police or of anyone shooting someone up there
>never go any less armed innawoods again.
>>
>>29543604
Damn. Dude must have been crazy to keep fucking with you even though you had a gun. I wonder if you maybe killed someone
>>
>>29543637
I do too but you know what? Even if I killed that man I wouldn't have done anything differently, I was protecting not only myself but also my friends and my gf. I think about it sometimes but I would feel bad to have had to kill him but when its him or 4 of us its gonna be us every time. Evidence of this happening is long gone. My casings were steel and uncoated, it was too early for many people to be out there and it was so far that no one could have known of it happening. He didn't know or names because we all have nicknames (I'm referred to as Joy even at work) and my sks has since sat in my safe unused, I'm kinda afraid to touch it again it brings back too many memories of fear.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.