[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know /pol/ has a favorable opinion on Russia. What about /k/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 8

File: 58211721.jpg (158KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
58211721.jpg
158KB, 500x500px
I know /pol/ has a favorable opinion on Russia.

What about /k/?
>>
It's a poorfag shithole full of lowlifes and Putin is a compensating manlet.
>>
File: moistnuggets.jpg (154KB, 800x520px) Image search: [Google]
moistnuggets.jpg
154KB, 800x520px
>>29529650

Lotta slavaboos here
>>
>>29529650

populated almost entirely by sisterfucking drunks
>>
>>29529650
Russia is a second world semi-shithole that's run by a thief President and his Jewish colleagues. Russian media is one big lie and the country itself carries a very bad reputation for drunkenness and terrible driving
>>
A pathetic country of depressed alcoholics run by a very intelligent, nihilistic megalomaniac. There's no future in or for Russia. Putin and his men will ravage her (and the rest of the region, as long as he doesn't risk NATO intervention) until there's nothing left, all the while stringing along the citizenry with nationalistic propaganda and vodka.

This is what happens when an empire collapses.
>>
File: bearonunicycle.jpg (17KB, 481x359px) Image search: [Google]
bearonunicycle.jpg
17KB, 481x359px
>>29529650
its my favorite 3rd world country
>>
>>29529744
wow you just described chicago
>>
>>29529650
I'm content of the fact that I will never have to go to my grandmother's home country. I'm Russian but I served honorably in the U.S. Army as an 11B2P Airborne Infantry Sergeant.
>>
>>29529713

>implying almost everybody on 4chan with a hot (or not) sister doesn't wanna fuck them
They just go ahead and do what everyone else wants to do.
>>
Fuck off stormcuck and fuck vatniks, Iiterally subhumans in a shitheap country
>>
>>29529650

Everyday my wife and her son thank me for getting them out of that shithole.
>>
>>29529747
>calls Russia a 3rd world country
>posts lel funneh family guy image

Nothing to see here.
>>
>>29529650
/pol is just a mix of racist fuckwits who want strong daddies to take care of them and keep them safe and fall for the Putin marketing and general SlavRacist bullshit.
>>
>>29529779
I have some bad news, you may want to sit down for this...
>>
>>29529779
>being cucked by a vatnik
well
that's kinda hot I guess
>>
>>29529650
How long will it take to regain control of your own government?
>>
>>29529650

American here.

Would LOVE to visit, maybe tour Izhevesk and Tula arsenals. Maybe visit Rasputin's old stomping grounds, WW2 battlegrounds and Red Square. Love eastern european food and women. The girls seem like they are doped up raving drunks and total fuck machines. Would not want to live there, especially in urban areas. Think it would be fun to spend winter locked up with a few friends in a dacha, get hammered every day, play with fire, eat potatoes and cabbage and shot SxS shotguns in the forest.

I'm just a bit crazy so I think I would fit right in.
>>
File: peter at dusk.jpg (360KB, 1125x1500px) Image search: [Google]
peter at dusk.jpg
360KB, 1125x1500px
>>29529650
Burger and third gen Russian here. Grew up and live in the States, but I lived in Russia for four years during and after college. I have deep and continuing ties to the Russian immigrant community in my city here and work with them often, live on the edge of one of their neighborhoods.

There are many things which are beautiful or fascinating about Russian culture. But you wont find one Russian immigrant in twenty, or people like myself, who subscribe to this bullshit Russian savior meme and Putin marketing crap which even the Republican/Tea Party federally elected officials have pushed in recent years. People that actually lived or grew up there are under no illusions.

This >>29529760 pretty much sums up the attitude of 95% of the community who have seen both sides of the coin. The remainder are usually people who are either chronically unhappy and complain no matter where they are or what they're doing or Russians (especially older Russians) who never quite made a full transition and commitment to their new homes and are full of often unreasonable nostalgia.

Before you take the Slavboo bait, go ask your Eastern European/Russian immigrant friends and neighbors what they think. Get it from a good source. It is a country of many wonders, beautiful women and deep culture. But it isn't even in the running on a list of the top 50 places in the world which most closely approximate an ideal home for thinking, free, striving humans.
>>
>>29529650
>ask the most vague question ever
no
>>
>>29530542
There are a lot of "Slavic" churches in my area and when the whole Ukraine invasion started the Ukies and Russians at these churches had huge arguments until they all agreed that they hated Putin and now they more or less get along.
>>
>>29529650
>/pol/ has a favorable opinion
Stopped reading right there. Go back to your shithole of a board and stay there.
>>
>>29530690
>until they all agreed that they hated Putin and now they more or less get along.
Hilarious, a little sad and absolutely true. Hatred of old Soviet power structures and current Putin leadership is the one unifying factor among all Eastern European communities where I live. Not even hockey, blini, piroshki, the Beatles or Vladimir Voisotski can compare.
>>
>>29530542
I have a friend who is from Belarus (aka russian with an extra few letters but literally the same) who came to the US when he was 8 years old.

He is a bitter person simply because he has been overshadowed by the rest of his family who has gotten high paying jobs at Intel, city government and general nonsense he often pins on "liberals". He has a raging worship boner for Putin that peaked when Russia went into Crimea but now thinks its a major geopolitical mistake.

Given that he mostly hung out with people who came from Russia he gave me the following points:

1) Most Russian immigrants who came to the US think Americans are dumb.

2) He frequently blasts the Democratic Party and has zero love for anyone who is "Liberal". He does however identify as "Conservative" and frequently agrees with the Republican party.

3) His girlfriend's father is a former Soviet VDV trooper who frequently boasts how elite they were. His own father was part of the "Motorized troops" and unflattering said "just conscripts" and hated his time in the military.

4) Lastly my friend asked both his father and the VDV guy about green Bakelite AKs and both dismisses them as "gimmicks".
>>
>>29530724
>>29530542
I've also observed this among the Eastern European communities around Chicago, though there's a lot of Poles so there's some older Soviet resentment mixed in. I had a Ukrainian friend in High School who used to bullshit all the time about how he was some sort of secret Ukrainian Spetsnaz and how he knew the people who made the movie 9th Company. The last correspondence I had with him post graduation was shortly after the war in Donbass started heating up, and when I brought it up the guy was confused and angry about the whole thing. Angry at the west for apparently abandoning Ukraine, angry at Russia for what he believed was outright invasion, and very angry at the bickering of Ukrainian politics. I think he's got family on both sides of the conflict.
>>
>>29530884
>1) Most Russian immigrants who came to the US think Americans are dumb.
This is true to some degree. In some ways justified, in others rooted in unreasonable nostalgia or misapprehension/non-connection to the new culture they find themselves in.

>2) He frequently blasts the Democratic Party and has zero love for anyone who is "Liberal". He does however identify as "Conservative" and frequently agrees with the Republican party.
There are tons of both Republicans and Democrats in all Eastern European communities. Those very intellectual elitists you cited above are often Liberal in political views - look up the term "intellegentsia" in relation to Russian/Eastern European history.

>3) His girlfriend's father is a former Soviet VDV trooper who frequently boasts how elite they were. His own father was part of the "Motorized troops" and unflattering said "just conscripts" and hated his time in the military.
People who served in their native country military before immigrating are more often than not very proud of their service to their birth countries and nostalgic for their service brothers. This is universal across all immigrant communities in the states.

None of this speaks to Russia being a better place to live. It only suggests that there are certain aspects of their mother country that they miss or prefer. Also, your friend sounds exactly like the sort of person I describe here >>29530542
>The remainder are usually people who are either chronically unhappy and complain no matter where they are or what they're doing
when I qualified my initial assertion.
>>
>>29530969
>I think he's got family on both sides of the conflict.
Two of the families I'm close with here in my area are in just this situation. It's heartbreaking and frustrating to watch how it's tearing them up. One of the families lost two sons: one on each side of the conflict, both who moved back in 2010 for different engineering jobs working as sales/localization engineers to Western markets, one in Kiev and one in Crimea, and who were both swept up in the rhetoric of it all.

It is staggering how much subsurface bitterness about it all there is in the community. I've noted but never remarked to them that this must be how my father's side of the family felt during the American civil war, and it's been a little bit of a window onto the smaller social environment of that part of US history for me. And just sad, over all.
>>
>>29530724
> Ukraine invaded by Russkies
> Salo production interrupted plus Russian looting of existing stocks.
> Riots and protests against Russia because salo is gone.
>>
>>29531151
Yeah, the guy even considered going back and joining the Ukrainian national guard but so far he's staying here, and I hope he continues to stay here. He's a bit of a naive guy but he was a good friend in HS.
>>
>>29529675

/thread
>>
>>29529650
My opinion is that Russia is an even better example than the US of an overreaching government where there are so many regulations that the govt can't keep up. In Russia, they may have a lower standard of living, but they also are subject to less harassment by govt officials that we Americans put up with. In Russia, you could have more freedom than in America. It depends on which part of either country you live in.
>>
>>29529744
>that's run by a thief President and his Jewish colleagues. Russian media is one big lie

so its exactly like the USA?
>>
>>29531238
>are subject to less harassment by govt officials that we Americans put up with.
Confirmed for never having lived in Russia. Never having to bribe cops at traffic stops. Bribe local city officials to get your startup business in order. Never had to bribe tax officials to keep them from seizing your assets even though you filled perfectly legal and legitimate tax forms. Etc, etc, etc.

I had a fucking yearly budget for fucking bribe money when I lived over there. It was goddamn ridiculous.

>In Russia, you could have more freedom than in America. It depends on which part of either country you live in.
No. You literally cannot. Firearms laws are an excellent example. Take the worst liberal shithole anti-gun state laws in America. Russia makes them look like Arizona.

You should stop operating on half-formed impressions, dreams about Stalker and Russian media assertions to the West, and actually go over there and live for a year. Or just actually research simple things like statutes governing residency, traffic, property law and side issues like firearms.
>>
File: No Humans Though.gif (2MB, 318x197px) Image search: [Google]
No Humans Though.gif
2MB, 318x197px
>>29531327
/thread
>>
>>29531067
>There are tons of both Republicans and Democrats in all Eastern European communities. Those very intellectual elitists you cited above are often Liberal in political views - look up the term "intellegentsia" in relation to Russian/Eastern European history.

Its more like "you should appreciate what you have here". He values freedom of speech very much and gets irritated when people protest over certain things and often responds with, "protesting that in Belarus would get you shitcanned by our Dear Friend"

Dear Friend is a slang term Belarus's leader Lukashenko.
>>
>>29531238
>are subject to less harassment by govt officials that we Americans put up with. In Russia, you could have more freedom than in America.
The simple fact that any government from local to federal in Russia can sieze and attain any/all of your assets for little to no legitimate reason and with little to no legal recourse for you (even bribery or blackmail is too late at that point) should suggest to you how misinformed you are on this subject.

Be whiny all you like about American laws and statutory process, but until you live in Russia you have no clue how bad it can get.

The difference is that we hear about it over here every time our government even remotely fucks up. Few news stories sell better than tales of governmental corruption or incompetence in the US.

I dare you to find even 1/10th the volume of similar stories in Russian media about Russia. Hint: it ain't cause it's better over there.
>>
>>29531375
>He values freedom of speech very much and gets irritated when people protest over certain things and often responds with, "protesting that in Belarus would get you shitcanned by our Dear Friend"

>values free speech
>gets pissy when people exercise it

I've noticed this attitude in the community as well. I'm only marginally successful in explaining to them why that very exercising of the first ammendment is one of the fundamental rights meant to keep American government responsive to and serving the American people. Obviously with limited success, but it is essential.

Everyone hates a protest. Until they agree with the people protesting (in which case they might be annoyed for the inconvenience but even then still sympathetic).
>>
>>29531252
You have a fighting chance in the US.

You have a jail cell in Russia.
>>
>>29531424
I am a retard>>29531375 who cant write properly gah.

Remember when people at UC Irving voted to ban the US flag from the student council rooms? When he heard about that he got upset at that simply because they had the gall to remove the very flag that gave them the right even put it in writing.
>>
>>29529744
>Russian media is one big lie
pravda is literall nork tier

>"President Putin is a master of leadership and diplomacy, a policymaker of a class and professionalism that the world has rarely, if ever, seen and that is the reason why Russians vote for him time and time again in free and fair democratic elections"

http://www.pravdareport.com/opinion/columnists/16-03-2016/133835-syrian_arab_army-0/#sthash.DXzT2EwT.dpuf
>>
File: russian-food-spread1.jpg (484KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
russian-food-spread1.jpg
484KB, 1600x1200px
>>29531164
>>
>>29529650
They make good guns but Putin is an ass
>>
>>29531252
reminds me of this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfxTxCVHNnY
>>
>>29529650
Russia gave us Chechnya. Fuck them both.
>>
what is this, fucking /int/? why are 4chan thematic boards are so shit at keeping discourse on subject
>>
>>29531700
A lot of boards have more shitposting than discussion when on subject.
>>
>>29529650
/k/ is full of grunts that think as they are told.
They are told to hate Russians and Russia, no matter what. And they do.
>>
>>29534630
A image boards board is all one person.
Nice!
>>
>>29534681
The majority and the ones that keep it running are
>>
>>29534630
You appear to be ignoring the posts in this thread that were either made by russkies, or made by people who have extensive contact with them. I don't necessarily hate Russia, but I know enough to realize /pol/'s retarded near-worship of the country and its leader is getting out of hand.
>>
I'm actually Polish, but I have a very deep cultural and historical understanding of Russia due to my own interest and just being around Russians and Ukrainians.

While calling Russia a 3rd World country is a stretch, by no mean is it to call it 2nd world. The standard of living is quite low, and unless you live in some piece of shit in the country; you're most likely going to live in disgusting Combloc appartments. Russia has a failing economy due to sanctions and the collapse of oil prices. This, along with Russian employers basically requiring a college degree for any real job (like US) will lead to even greater unemployment of the young generations. What's more is the corruption and lack of freedom experienced by the Russian people. Corruption is at even the highest level of government, and like the previous Anon said you basically have to allot money to bribe low level officials, almost day to day. Russians have very little ability to express themselves if it comes in contrast to Putins regime. What's more is the constant steam of govt sanctioned paid shilling and propoganda. A good example is when RT supposedly found Stingers with Ukie rebels, however they turned out to be beyond shit forgeries with mixed latin/Cyrillic writing.
>>
>>29534722
If this place hates Russia so much why come here? You won't change anyone's mind.

Russia's government? Fuck them. The people, history and technology? We like that.
>>
>>29535056
> RT supposedly found Stingers with Ukie rebels

They took Battlefield 4 stinger models. It was hyper hilarious when people called out their shit.
>>
>>29534896
>I don't necessarily hate Russia, but I know enough to realize /pol/'s retarded near-worship of the country and its leader is getting out of hand.
Fucking this. And then you have the Russians who come here expecting to be worshipped as the saviors of the white race and get extremely buttmad when they're not.
>>
>>29537211
>Russians who come here
Never noticed. I'm American. I only pay attention to other Americans. If you're some backward foreigner, you may as well save your time typing. No one cares.
>>
>>2953505
FYI
1st World is NATO/NATO-Friendly Countries
2nd World is Soviet Union/Soviet-Friendly Countries
3d world is unaffiliated

X World used to be a Cold War term that separated countries based on political allegiance.
>>
I've worked with several Eastern Europeans that were adults or teenagers while the Soviet Union existed.

You have no idea how much literally everyone who has been under the Russians hates them. Every unfavorable animal comparison, negative stereotype about browns, everything you can imagine and more those people have to say about Russians.

My favorite line by far is

>Russians are like gypsies, except instead of stealing sheep they steal your country.
>>
>>29538422
Fuck. Messed that up. Meant to reply to >>29535056
>>
File: ss (2015-07-15 at 04.24.16).png (91KB, 1043x1034px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2015-07-15 at 04.24.16).png
91KB, 1043x1034px
>>29529650
>What about /k/?
>>
File: 1323867166001.jpg (134KB, 750x884px) Image search: [Google]
1323867166001.jpg
134KB, 750x884px
>>29535056
>I'm actually Polish
And that's where you should stop reading. Poles are even worse.
>>
>>29529650
don't like them but respect them.

nice guns.
>>
>>29529650
I just want their guns imported. The people are okay. The leadership is corrupt, but who isn't these days. Fuck Chechnya.
>>
>>29529650
I like some of their guns a whole lot, and that's about it.
>>
>>29529747
Technically, its second world.
First world is the 'west' second the 'east' and third ME and African nations..
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.