[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Australia General - NFA speculation edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 6

File: Australia.gif (7KB, 418x208px) Image search: [Google]
Australia.gif
7KB, 418x208px
Where are we heading with the NFA /k/unts?

What do you think of the groups representing us?

Post recent acquisitions
>>
>>29529145
some thing came out last night about them shit canning it, i dont have links though
>>
>>29529356

Looks like the proposed ban on lever actions is dead.

http://www.firearmscouncil.org.au/index.php/2016/04/06/the-nfa-changes-are-dead-our-lever-actions-are-safe/
>>
>>29529145
>Where are we heading with the NFA /k/unts?
Hopefully no changes. Can't expect much more than this ATM.

>What do you think of the groups representing us?
SSAA = shit. Field & Game actually deliver for their members.

>Post recent acquisitions
Got myself a new Weatherby MkV in .340 Weatherby Magnum. Shoots really well but expensive to reload.
>>
>>29529442
Yaaay Aussies
>>
Still waiting for my Jungle Carbine PTA.

>>29529575
Should add LDP to that list.
>>
File: SC.jpg (18KB, 316x421px) Image search: [Google]
SC.jpg
18KB, 316x421px
The single biggest issue with Australian shooters is how we allow ourselves to be walked over by a bunch of nogunz. Sure they have the media, academia and the regressive Left on their side but the same is true for the Greens/ALP and yet we still manage to have Coalition governments.
Just as they do with politics generally the Left do with firearms: they underestimate the moral and intellectual capability of the average Australian. The boatpeople issue is a classic example. The Left have been jamming their morality down our throats for decades, declaring that anyone who differs from their view is a racist, bigot, corrupt, Islamophobe without compassion. But the average person knows the current boatperson isn’t a Vietnamese refugee fleeing communist death camps, they are a middle class Iranian pharmacist paying their way to a better economic future, or an Islamist.

I’ll quote Charlton Heston on the contempt the Left show towards us:
>“…not only don’t you count, you are a down-right obstacle to social progress. Your voice deserves a lower decibel level, your opinion is less enlightened, your media access is insignificant; and frankly, mister, you need to wake up, wise up, and learn a little something from your new America; and until you do, would you mind shutting up?”

How do we fix this? I’ll tell you how, educate shooters on how the Australian electoral system works and organise ourselves through groups that get this.
>>
>>29529145

DO NOT REST EASY FELLAS - the NFA is a state agreement so the Federal party saying they personally won't pursue changes means shit - especially when the states are reliant on Federal funding.

It is entirely possible they are saying they won't pursue so negative changes so they can put the blame on the states.
>>
>>29529740
Shooting groups - The SSAA have been next to useless for decades, but they are improving. Personally I believe this is only because of pressure from rival groups such as the CFCA and FOU. These other groups are on the right path but currently lack the political nous and experience to really challenge the busloads of Greens volunteers and I’m-an-expert-on-nuclear-science fuckwits like Karl Stefanovic. My advice is to headhunt people who can help out and make sure no fringe groups take hold – the centre is where political battles are won.

Voting - There’s little to no benefit voting for shooters parties in 99% of state or federal lower house seats. However, there’s a huge value in voting for shooter friendly parties in the upper houses. You can get as upset about this as you want but as far as I know no-one has been elected to a lower house seat from a pro-shooting platform.
By voting for a shooter friendly candidate or party in the upper house your vote works two ways. First, there’s a reasonable chance the first pick on the ticket will be elected. Robert Borsak, Robert Brown, Jeffrey Bourman, Daniel Young, and Rick Mazza are proof of this. There are hundreds of thousands of shooters in Australia and our votes are more than enough to meet the quota for an upper house seat in every jurisdiction. Secondly, by providing the threat of shooter friendly candidates winning seats which would otherwise probably be won by the Coalition, we force the Coalition to be more friendly towards us. It’s win-win for shooters.
What do we need to do? First, get the SSAA off the gravy train of being the primary or sole group when it comes to “genuine reasons” for licence applications so the money can flow to other groups who will actually make a difference. This can only be done through lobbying politicians, and only a Coalition government will contemplate it. Secondly, we need this to be accurately and concisely communicated to shooters.
>>
>>29529740

We need to invest in a group with balls who aren't afraid to tell these people to fuck off because they're wrong, instead of the SSAA who relies on forced membership to survive. It's happening now with shooters union, shooters and fishers and the LDP, but we need to unite into a single group like the NRA (but better hopefully) so we can say "we have 800,000 votes, these are the best places to put them come this election" and then we can pretty much change it over night.

People think Australia is anti-gun but most people actually don't fucking care so they just believe the literal lies printed in the paper. I suspect the number of diehard anti's is less then our 800,000 already licensed shooters adnt hose people who believe home defence with actual means to it is a right (and that you shouldn't be charged with fucking murder like that guy in Newcastle).
>>
>>29529869
>I suspect the number of diehard anti's is less then our 800,000
I'd agree. If you look at the really militant animal libers they number few hundred at most. GCA is basically 2 people with a few stragglers, so if we were actually organised we'd be far more powerful.

The SSAA is the problem, not the solution. In the event another group tries to challenge them they'll throw resources at killing it in its infancy. Just look at what happened with their board and past allegations of corruption.

But...we need to realise that ANY links to the Leftist parties will harm us in the long term. Prohibiting private firearms ownership is one of the key goals of the Greens and friends. With the ALP now competing for votes with them you'll see them vie for the Left's vote by competing with their policies. Shooters aren't part of their base so they'll throw us under the bus at the first opportunity.
>>
>>29529803
>NFA is a state agreement
Half-true. It's a COAG agreement chaired by the commonwealth; however, the states and territories are free to pass legislation on firearms (or any matter not covered by the commonwealth constitution) whenever they like.

Victoria's the most likely to do this. Corrupt police command and an ALP government desperate for a distraction.
>>
ITT we summon JB from FOU, I know you lurk here.

When's your website going up. I'm keen to see those articles I wrote for you used.

- Jehu.
>>
>>29529145

5 round magazines are the new max capacity (goodbye enfields, carcanos and K31s) and all lever actions have been moved to catagory C

That's what I'm expecting will all this grave standing going on.

In short: JUST FUCK MY FIREARMS UP
>>
>>29531201
I also think that NZ wants to adopt a system like ours in the future too.
>>
>>29531201
Sauce?
>>
>>29531220
Yeah apparently they've got a lot of gangs armed with semi auto rifles.
>>
>>29531344
And so after they ban them what do you think the chances are the gangs will hand them in?

It's shit tier logic like this that really annoys me, but it's the standard used by the media and politicians.
>>
So...anyone else going to the 81st Melbourne Arms & Militaria Fair this weekend? Im sure the SSAA will have a booth, maybe some of the other newer organisations as well.
>>
>>29531469
Yep, should we have a /k/ meetup?
>>
>>29531774
Fuck no, im far too autistic for that.
>>
>>29532323
PFFFT

Yeah I don't think so.
>>
>>29532350
We could all wear our fedoras, trench coats and fingerless gloves, itll be awesome.
>>
>>29531774
>>29532323
>>29532350
Good to see Ausfailians are as autistic as we are. Maybe the brownies aren't any better in Australia?
>>
>>29532442
They are filled with vegemite.

So fuck no.
>>
>>29531344
Unlike ours who only have....
Fucking semi auto rifles, handguns and submachine guns.
>>
>>29529145
Czechfag here, is it true you can't own semiautos or even straight pull bolt actions? Can you own handguns?
>>
>>29531774
I woudlnt mind organising a /k/ meetup.
The thing is trusting random peopng (from 4chan) to come shooting on my property and thus gaining knoweldge of my reasonable amount of guns and their location doesnt exactly sit easy.

Like I know most of you guys/trans are fairly cool and wont compromise my security but Ibhave seen some real dicks on here before.
>>
>>29532479
Semi auto longarms are Cat C or D firearms in Aus the licenses are near impossible to obtain and can only be had for very few restricted uses. Even if you get a license you will only be allowed one or two of those guns tops.

We do have handguns that are semi auto and they have a 10 round mag cap limitation and mininium barrel length of 120mm, 100mm for revolvers.
>>
>>29532479
Straightpull bolts are legal but they cannot be a converted semi auto or be too close in appearance. (Which is vague as fuck)
>>
>>29532521
Fuuuck, does that means bolt actions are restricted, too?
I'd assume there must be tons of illegal guns then, considering Australia is bordered by sea in all counties
>>
>>29531469
I'll be there on Saturday in a Soviet-Afghan War uniform
>>
>>29532534
Everything is restricted, some things are just more restricted than others.

Animal farm as fuck
>>
>>29532525
Ah, so you can't even get something like a bolt action vz 58? That's a load of shit...
>>
>>29532525
So no bolt action Vz 58? Fuck that, man...
>>
>>29532534
>I'd assume there must be tons of illegal guns then, considering Australia is bordered by sea in all counties
Delete this.

All illegal guns come from licenced shooters, that's why we must ban all guns. #portarthur #sensiblelaws #muhfeelings
>>
>>29532554
>>29532560
On most licences you also can't have centrefire magazines that hold more than 10 rds.

Remember getting into an argument with a Greentard about a .22 LA I was using with a 15 rd tube mag
>Why do you need that many rounds?
>That's too many, you could shoot so many people
>It's not harmless, it's just like they used in that massacre
>Don't patronise me, I know a deadly weapon when I see one
>You don't even need a gun so why shouldn't it be banned

REEEEEEEEE!
>>
So you guys realise there have been no mass shootings post-Port Arthur and the NFA right?

The legislation works dummies
>>
>>29532562
Yeh pretty much.

Honestly plenty of shit just comes through the mail.

I got the import approval (B709D) to import a upgraded bolt and trigger mech for my Ruger Charger (10/22 pistol but Aua legal on a Cat H which can be had for sport).

Rather then customs siezing the items and requiring the import permission document to releadocumentto me. They showed up on my front door.

This has happened lots of times for all sorts of different things.

You could easily dissasmble any gun. Put it in a box. Label it AR 15 rifle and odds are very good (around 85%) that it will show up on your front door.
>>
>>29532628
Well apart from all the shootings that dont seem to qualify as mass enough for this argument vut had they taken place in the USA would be part of mass shootings in their counts.

Also of course NZ our closest neighbour and best point of comparison has not had any mass shootings since before 96 and they did not ban semi autoa like we did. Infact you can buy a AR15 or semiauto shotgun with a gun license over there and walk out the store with it and a suppressors that same day. No need to register it either.
>>
>>29532662
But NZ didn't have an incident like Port Arthur

Government reacted appropriately to a tragedy, it harms the victims' memory by loosening or neglecting the Legislation
>>
>>29532677
what the fuck are you even doing here

The legislation did nothing. If we banned cars because somebody was ran over, then repealed those laws because they were fucking stupid, would that be "harming the victims' memory?"
>>
>>29532690
>comparing guns to cars

Just stop

We had to respond to Port Arthur, it was a tragedy and a repetition of it had to be prevented. And it has been under the Act.

If you don't like it, vote for some shitty minor party, but most people will continue to back the majority parties who support the crackdown
>>
>>29532716
>Implying the laws stopped another Port Arthur

I'll say it to you again, NZ have much less strict laws and haven't had a massacre since 1997. How dense are you? I don't even know what you're doing on /k/, let alone in this thread.
>>
>>29532628
This is true, but it's a classic case of correlation=/=causation.

The single aspect of firearms legislation that prevents murder is the requirement to not have a psychological condition, and to have a (suitably qualified) referee certify that you are fit and proper. The restrictions on the type of firearm have no effect on firearms violence in Australia, something proven time and time again in studies.

It's worth noting the psychological restrictions were being implemented in the early-1990s across Australia prior to Port Arthur. With our healthcare system if you have certain types of illnesses these are reportable just like criminal offences, i.e. if you are a schizophrenic the registry knows before you even apply.

What's happened since these changers were put in place is those intent on killing people do so via other methods:
>Childers Backpackers hostel
>Cairns stabbings
>Lin family murder
>Many bushfires
>Quakers Hill nursing home
>Snowtown killings
>>
>>29532628
Yeah because people stab with anything that's sharpened or crush people's organs with a bat. Or burn each other to death.

Especially with the threat from the ISIL-allied muslim who honestly don't really have a problem with getting fullautos, I don't see a substantial boon to banning semiautos.
>>
>>29532677
>it harms the victims' memory
So we should base legislation on some sort of grief based criteria?

This is literally the logic used by nogunz and doesn't stand up to even the most cursory challenge.
>>
>>29532716
>GCA detected.

Ignore him fellas, he's just worried because LAFOs look like they might actually get their shit in one sock and become politically organised.
>>
File: image.png (7KB, 364x313px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
7KB, 364x313px
>>29532763
>Australia harms my memory because my <parent,sibling,friend> was killed there
>Australia bans itself

Muh feefees is always a shitty argument
>>
>>29532677
Legislation should not be based around the memory of a victim.

To say that our gun laws should be kept strict to honour their memory is just emotional drivel that has no place in a rational discussion.
>>
>>29532716
>harms the victim'so memory

Yeah and I'm sure all the people that have been stabbed, beaten, robbed or otherwise assaulted since the crackdown feel just heart broken about a handful of cunts who got 360 no scoped by some retard and his .22. The law hasn't done anything spectacular in fact all it has done is make you idiots feel "safe" and "protected" from a statistically irrelevant occurence Shootings were rare before the ban and surprise surprise they remain rare after,l.
>>
>>29532677
>Laws should be based on feelings
Tumblr the post
>>
>>29532716
The real things that have helped to prevent more mass murders have been our extensive mental health reforms since the 1990s as well as our golden age of economic prosperity from about 97 to today.
>>
>>29532809
>statistically irrelevant occurence
This

In the US mass shootings are a small fraction of 1% of firearm murders, yet the media base all their reasons on mass shootings.

The liklihood of being murdered in the US if you aren't a Mexican or melanin enriched person is basically the same as Australia, Canada, or Europe.
>>
File: how to get a gun in australia.png (94KB, 850x290px) Image search: [Google]
how to get a gun in australia.png
94KB, 850x290px
>>29529145
Would love for ours to go full US tier gun laws, but hilariously unlikely, sadly.

Shit i'd love to see come out of the NFA review:
>Semi Autos put in same tier as handguns for annoyingness to get, but now actually available
>deregulation of where and when you can shoot (eg. approved range bullshit)
>Concealed Carry permits for people who have jumped through the hoops for Cat H, and passed a CCW course
>Self defence now a legitimate reason for wanting a firearm, pepper spray, taser etc
>abolish the firearms registry

Related, but not NFA related
>Castle Law for all states

>recent acquisition
Sig Sauer P226 MK25, it's pretty fun
>>
>>29532935
>Things that won't happen in the NFA: these
>Things that will happen in the NFA: we get shafted yet again
>>
>>29532961
Pretty much
It's nice to dream though.
>>
>>29532935
I understand that in WA (despite being shitty in every other way) you can get Cat C for club use. They use pump and semi shotguns for IPSC there.
>>
>>29532961
>we get shafted yet again
I'm not convinced this will happen. The media are going full retard but there's hints nothing will come of it.
>>
>>29533009
Just wait until all of the pressure gets to the COAG meeting. They will do what the voters want, and the political situation right now is very even. They will likely think that pandering to eyebrows is what they need to bring the balance of power in their favour.

The issue here is of politics, not safety.
>>
>>29533019
Good to see someone thinking about the politics, it's what we need more shooters doing.

However...I think you're off the mark for a few reasons.
Despite the ALP being a shambles, the Liberals have bungled there way through the last parliament. Despite a few good things (stopping boats, carbon tax, killing Gillard, etc) the electorate isn't exactly fond of them. Why is this important? Because Liberal votes bleed to parties like the Shooters and Fishers Party, LDP, Palmer United, etc because your average shooter likes fishing, hunting, 4WDriving, and having a BBQ on the weekend. Sure there are old-Labor voters who like this too, but their shift towards the PC safe space, climate change alarmist Greens voter is alienating traditional voters.
Secondly, the Nationals are extremely vulnerable to populist right parties like PUP (maybe not this time), KAP, Team Xenophon and whoever else pops up.

What this means is the Nationals will be openly hostile to any further restrictions, and a sizeable part of the Liberal Party are already hostile to it. For those of you not aware the 1996 laws and Howard's recent grandstanding are causing waves inside the Liberal Party as all but the diehard loyalists know they were BS and continue to be BS. Don't underestimate the tribal loyalty effect though.

Like I said in earlier posts, we need to mobilise and put a concerted effort out there to get 1 or 2 senators in. It's the only way we can protect ourselves.
>>
>>29533087
The problem is that you're thinking that Liberals vote for Liberals and Labor people always vote Labor. It's not like that any more.
The parties are actually pretty similar. They both bitch about being different, but really they'll do whatever it takes to get the popular vote, regardless of hardcore party line.

I think that the Libs will go after shooters because we're an easy target and an easy thing to accomplish. The lefties will see that they're Doing Good Things For The Community and some voters will swing. They may believe that if they go after shooters hard enough that'll push them to a majority.

The thing about the libs losing votes to other parties is that they already have, for the most part. Dudes like us with actual interests have already gone to the smaller ones, and with the Senate preferential deal it's actually not that big of an issue for them.

So in summary, yes, I firmly believe that with this continued pressure, perhaps with some Greens power deals, we'll get fucked even harder. And there unfortunately won't be much to do about it.

The dude who posts here who runs FOA said that he was on the phone to Marie Claire (spelling) magazine cause they said they were going to run a gun spread and wanted balanced views. Spent ages on the phone talking through everything, said it went well.

Magazine comes out and they didn't mention a single thing that he said. Nothing at all.

That's the sort of issue that we have, and as much as I want to believe we'll come out of this alright, I just don't think we will. Too many fudds, too many pollies like SFP that don't give enough of a shit, too many organisations like SSAA that also don't give a shit.
>>
>>29533134
>The problem is that you're thinking that Liberals vote for Liberals and Labor people always vote Labor. It's not like that any more.
There's a core of rusted on voters, but the political landscape has changed over the past 10 years. I agree many voters, but not most, are willing to switch parties to suit there interests. Very different to 20 years ago where 10% of the population were swinging voters and decided our future. this is why Glen Drury had so much success with preferences at the last federal election.
>The parties are actually pretty similar.
They are but they aren't. During the Howard era the ALP shifted to the centre to try and capture the middle-class. During Gillard's reign this changed and they are now far more Leftist than they once were. The same goes for the Liberals. Whilst they have always had a strong conservative branch this was elevated under Abbott. In the post-Gillard era the ideological gap has widened significantly and this is relevant outside party rooms.
The major differences are in two fields. The ALP have basically given up on the free market in favour of socialism, whereas there is a ground roots level revolt brewing in the Liberal Party to move to a full laissez faire market, but with conservative influences on social policies.

The second difference is the philosophical basis the parties operate with. The Liberals have a very strong movement for the classical liberals theorists like Kant, Mill, Locke, and the 20th century economic theorists Hayek and Friedman.

The ALP/Greens fundamentally reject these views and instead we are seeing an outright rejection of classical liberalism in favour of State based constructs under Hobbesian like reasoning and a great deal of outright Marxism. Keynesianism is at the very centre of their economic policies, hence the giant spending under Rudd and Gillard.
>>
>>29533252
I do not follow politics well enough to know all of those words nor will I pretend to know those words
>>
>>29533134
>The thing about the libs losing votes to other parties is that they already have, for the most part. Dudes like us with actual interests have already gone to the smaller ones, and with the Senate preferential deal it's actually not that big of an issue for them.
They have, but they haven't at the same time. Most shooters know that the Greens are the most dangerous for us, and that despite the fuckups the Liberals have had they are less risky than the other side.

The senate preference deal has been misreported by the media because most journalists are too stupid to understand our electoral system. It actually offers shooters a really good opportunity to organise ourselves and vote in a few shooter friendly senators. As I've said with 800,000 shooters we can actually get guys in with first preferences in most states.
>perhaps with some Greens power deals
The Liberal party almost revolted over a preference deal with the Greens and the Nationals screamed blue murder. I just can't see them doing it realistically, at least not without costing Turnbull his scalp.
>Magazine comes out and they didn't mention a single thing that he said. Nothing at all.
Can't say I'm surprised. Sure he did a great job but the media are scum.
>Too many fudds, too many pollies like SFP that don't give enough of a shit, too many organisations like SSAA that also don't give a shit.
Unfortunately I agree 100% with you. I don't want to be so negative, but I don't think the average shooter will stand up for themselves.
>>
>>29533283
Sorry I've sperged out with my keyboard.

Key point: We need someone to put this into how to vote cards, and to influence middle-Australia.
>>
>>29533291

I think the assault on lever actions might have been a step too far and could work in our favour by getting people off their arse long enough to vote on it.
>>
>>29532543
I'll keep an eye out for you then.
>>
>>29532587
>>Don't patronise me, I know a deadly weapon when I see one

Hard not too when your belly is so close to the ground
>>
>>29533007
Wait, what? since when? The only cunt I know with a Cat C owns land and sure as shit doesn't use it for IPSC.
>>
>>29533385
probably has pump for clays or some shit
>>
>>29533385
Some use semi auto shotguns for clays due to physical disability
>>
>>29533297
Fuck me 10/10 sperg.

What do you do?
>>
This just in friends.

Do not trust the Shooters and Fishers. They are fudds.

Robert Borsak (Shooters Party) on 2GB - Sells Out on Anti Semi Auto and Anti America Comments
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zI2BzLWqICU

Robert Brown (Shooters Party) Sells out Shooters on Semi Automatic Firearms on SBS Insight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hz_xu_CUVWc

DO NOT TRUST SHOOTERS AND FISHERS.
>>
>>29533495
Did anybody ever trust S&F?

When's Rob Nioa going to run? He'd do well I think
>>
>>29533495
This is the perfect example of why we can't have nice things. When confronted with skilled debaters our representative just sells us out.

Disgraceful.
>>
>>29533522
Has he said anything about running?
>>
>>29533385
I remember seeing video of it.

Let me try and dig it up.
>>
>>29533670
http://enoughgun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3384

Here is a guy from WA who says his pump-shotgun is for "Practical Shooting" i.e. IPSC.
>>
>>29533522
Far too many people.

Steve, the guy who does the "I like guns" music video, has spent a few years raving on about that. I think once he even said not to the split the vote with the LDP.
>>
File: ss09bnbtyj.jpg (187KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
ss09bnbtyj.jpg
187KB, 640x480px
>>29533522
he looks like a poorman's Kevin Spacey
>>
>>29533706
BEADY ANGLO EYES
>>
>>29529740
>they have the media, academia and the regressive Left on their side
They have ordinary people on their side too m8. Most people hate guns and would rather handle a snake than a gun.

Pro guns are the fringe group m8, not anti gunz. You need to accept that.
>>
>>29533718
I would argue with you on this.

Most people dont give a fuck, they are generally neutral enough to be willing to give it a go though. Only very few people in my experience actively shy away from guns.

Like if I am talking about pistol with a mate who also shoots at work it might come up that I have a big fuck off .44 Mag Raging Bull. People generally go cool can I shoot it.

Out of a office of about 40 there is only one bloke who is somewhat antigun.
>>
>>29533757
m8 people with autism and poor social skills often struggle to accurately assess the way other people think and feel towards them.

The people at your work view you as weird and possibly dangerous because of your guns fixation.
>>
Best knife to buy now that folding knies are legal again?

I just want a smallish everyday utility for $60 or under.
>>
>>29533774
Plz go. Your attempt to shit stir and divide us is obvious GCA.

Ps you're a massive faggot too
>>
For real tho.
What the fuck happened yesterday?

It was all fine and dandy, Keenan said everything was going to stay the same, Johnny was sitting at home not messing with us, then all of a sudden all hell breaks loose.

What gives?
>>
>>29533785
Something Chinese? If you can't afford something more expensive try not being poor.
>>
>>29533839
>bit of metal
>more than $60
wew

Where can I buy used then?

Would prefer a used knife anyway as I wouldn't be worried about using it and getting scratches etc.
>>
I keep trying to bring this up. On here we are preaching to the choir except for the one or two idiots, which we need to ignore, obviously so we need to come together as a group and share any stats, case studies, resources, sources etc etc that we have so to create a good argument and know what to write and who to write to.

This was sent to me a while ago, from what I can tell all the PDF's have the sources at the bottom.
http://www.ic-wish.org/fact_sheets.htm

I don't know enough about politics to know this is right, but I think these are the Federal people you need to write to(you look up your local)
http://www.aph.gov.au/senators_and_members/members

This is the QLD one
https://www.parliament.qld.gov.au/members/current/list

Writing, setting up meetings etc does work, even if it doesn't you cannot complain about our laws but do nothing but complain about it on some internet forum no one cares about.
>>
>>29533851
Are you FOU?
>>
>>29533848
Try ebay poorfag. Good stuff on the American site
>>
>>29533869
No, I'm a firearms instructor though. Worked firearm retail at one of the big ones for many years before that(protip, don't ever do that, get a degree) and have done work in a country that went through a civil war. I'm very passionate about private firearm ownership because of the last point. Another protip, if you ever think it's a good idea to go help out 3rd world countries, don't.
>>
>>29533851
IC-WISH are always a good option.
They can play the "poor oppressed women" card the lefties love. And as much as I hate it I'm pragmatic enough to go along with it.
>>
>>29533877
if you want to pay $40 shipping maybe

and I'm not poor im frugal
>>
>>29533881
Does 18 months in Afghanistan count? Beautiful country filledwith shit people.
>>
>>29533895
Try a sharp rock then. Works for the blackfellas
>>
>>29533914
should work on you then
*teleports behind you*
*unsheathes rock*

pssh nuttin personnel kid
>>
>>29533897
I know what you mean.
If I actually got to serve, I would definitely like to go back to that country.. not for volunteer charity work though I can assure you.
>>
>>29533881
Which country and which store. Better not be Clayton Firearms
>>
>>29533960
A shithole country. Think tea. The experience itself was good and fulfilling and whatnot, just some things during which was unpleasant.
No not Claytons, I won't say but there is a reason I don't work there anymore and won't work firearm retail(possibly even retail/sales) ever again.
>>
>>29533978
It's a popular holiday destination worth a bright future now.

Clayton are the worst. Terrible customer service and an arrogance that is just unacceptable.

Can't blame you for not wanting to do retail. I hide in windowless rooms now
>>
>>29533998
It's a popular holiday destination in one part. The rest of the country is not so good.

I've dealt with Clayton on the business level, I don't like it. I can't speak for them, but in my shop, just don't blame the employees. I tried so much, even spent nights writing up stuff which would improve the shop so much, but no the boss scrapped it.
>>
>>29534083
What i find frustrating is the licensing scheme basically creates a cartel for a handful of dealers. I've got no doubt half of them have deals with VICPOL to make sure noone ever challenges their market
>>
>>29534119
no way cleavers could have grown so big and import tons of cat c and d and parts without some under the table action going on
>>
>>29534119
>>29534215
Nope. Well I can't say for Vic, but definitely not QLD.
The reason dealers *CAN* make money is because of the restrictive market, but no under the table action. I can 100% confirm this.

The reason a store(not saying names) may or may not be big is because they aren't business retards. Most gunshops have pretty large markups on their firearms, whereas a successful store has LOW markups. By low I mean very low, like if they just sold guns it wouldn't be sustainable. But that's the draw, low prices on guns and then you're saving money, low markups on scopes as well. Accessories is where the money is made, it's also lower than other stores but yea. It's low profit high turnover, whereas other stores are high profit low turnover. With high turnover though of course, they make more money and so can then buy more in bulk. I can assure you though, there are times when a big store makes little profits even by selling a few hundred guns a week.

Importing Cat C and D stuff, heh, I helped allow dealers do that. Good times, shit paperwork.
>>
>>29534259
On for another 5-10min if you guys want to know more about the Australian gun industry itself.
I did sign non disclosure(hence not saying names or numbers) but it's still relevant and may or may not make your next gun purchase a different experience(understanding wise).
>>
>>29534268
I'm interested... but I'm not sure what to ask.
>>
>>29534273
Well if there's something that's been on your mind RE stores(whether it be how they operate to why you get treated like shit) run, or just whatever.
The woman is getting mad I'm still awake but eh.
>>
>>29534307
What is a typical markup on a rifle or handgun in a big store vs a small store?
>>
>>29534329
Rifle and handgun same markup, and as I said I've signed non disclosures BUT the difference between them would be anywhere from 15-30% I've seen.
As I said, it's all down to business. The big stores got big because they ran it like a business. In the old days you ran a gunstore for fun, you'd talk to the regulars and have a chat because you weren't busy and would order things as you need it. Now there are less stores, so the places who run it like a business while yes they do have good regulars, it's less about having a chat and coffee with them and more about selling selling selling.
>>
Anyway, night.
If you do want to know more just ask anyway and maybe the thread is still up in the morning?
>>
>>29534419
Thanks anon - we'll think of something no doubt.
Thread posts: 114
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.