[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Buying my first handgun/firearm. Was thinking of buying a m&p

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: sw_mp_a2.jpg (39KB, 480x343px) Image search: [Google]
sw_mp_a2.jpg
39KB, 480x343px
Buying my first handgun/firearm. Was thinking of buying a m&p based on other people recommending them. Thoughts? I'm a novice but have a pretty basic understanding.
>>
M&P is a fine pistol. The same can be said of Glocks, VP9, or any other pistol in that price range.

Your best bet would be to go to a range that allows you to rent pistols and rent a few and see which one fits your hands the best.
>>
>>29527895
Like >>29527910 said, go out and try as many as you can. Originally I was going to buy either a glock 19 or a Walther p99, ended up choosing the sig p320 because I liked how it felt the best. Everyone's gonna r ecco mend what works for then and what they hear works, but what matters most is what you think of it and how it feels to you.
>>
Thank you both! Much appreciated, it's really confusing as a newer person and everyone is saying one company sucks and another is the best just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to fall for a sales gimmick lol
>>
>>29527895
I like my 9c. Shoots good, aftermarket is pretty good, and ammo is cheap-ish so I can work on not being shit.
The only thing I don't care much for is that the mag release is in just the right place where I keep dropping it. But that's probably just me being shit.
>>
>>29528002
No problem anon. M&P's are solid handguns, and if it's what fits best, then it's what fits best. Good luck with whatever you end up picking.
>>
File: (12).jpg (11KB, 247x166px) Image search: [Google]
(12).jpg
11KB, 247x166px
Glawk brand Glawk
>in glorious 10mm desu
>>
M&Ps are great anon. Although my .40 can be a little finnicky with cheaper ammo. It doesn't like Winchesters hollowpoint rounds from walmart. But it feeds Walmart Federal ammunition fine. Also any round thats not from walmart works great on my M&P. Even shitty aluminum cased ammunition.
>>
>>29527895
M&P9 is a nice gun. a bit bland, but nothing wrong with that.
one thing youll hear about it is while the trigger is usable, it feels like youre using a mushy staple gun.
i just got the apex trigger for mine, i love it. miles better than the stock trigger.
im not trying to change your mind, but glock 17s or 19s are worth a look too. very similar and in the same price bracket.
>>
>>29527895
M&P Shield feels kinda small in my hand. Its a great gun though.
>>
File: 20160228_225200.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160228_225200.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
I despise my m&p. Trigger sucks, sight sucks, and I don't like how it feels at all. It is very reliable and reasonably accurate, but I would ditch it in a heartbeat if if wasn't my issued duty gun.

I would rather have pretty much any major manufacturer's market equivalent over the m&p, and I like s&w in general.
>>
M&P's alright but personally I prefer wonder nines
>>
>>29528596

Don't LEO's get to choose from a list the department approves?
>>
>>29529113

Not always
>>
>>29527895
Fullsize M&P 9's can be had for $350 if and when police trade ins crop up. Hands down the best cheap handgun you can get without having to settle for a shit gun.
>>
>>29528054
How comparable is the M&P9C to other 9 mil compacts in terms of concealability? I've got a CZ 75 PCR that I like shooting, but I'm thinking steel frames aren't so good for CCW.
>>
>>29527895
I love my M&P9. The trigger isn't the best but it improves a lot after you break it in with around 5-700 rounds. In my experience a Glock 17 is a little more accurate but the M&P9 has a softer recoil and waaaaay better ergos. The M&P was basically designed to melt into your hand.

That's why I keep going back to my M&P. It's not quite as accurate as a Glock and the stock trigger very likely has a lot to do with that, but it's also the comfiest handgun I've ever held and it just feels at home
>>
>>29529113

Not generally and never around here.

The fact that the worst thing about the M&P- the trigger being godawful- is easily corrected isn't really helpful either, because I can't think of any department that lets modifications outside of something like backstraps or maybe sights fly. Especially in the wake of that officer with the engraved dustcover popping that dude recently.
>>
>>29527895
ive had my m&p .40 for a little over a year now and Iove it. strongly rec. to any new handgun owner
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.