[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys this is a question more for the knife community. Has

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 7

File: image.jpg (55KB, 500x539px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55KB, 500x539px
Hey guys this is a question more for the knife community. Has anyone here ordered from the gerber website itself because their shipping is absolute shit for anyone has ordered from them can you tell me how it went for you guys because I had to wait 6 days after I ordered the knife just for it to ship and it hasn't even shipped it was supposed to ship yesterday (sorry for bad English)
>>
>buying directly from the maker
>>
>>29527583
I know I am a fucking retard
>>
File: first_edge_1250_tracklock.jpg (21KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
first_edge_1250_tracklock.jpg
21KB, 500x500px
What does /k/ think of D2 and Elmax steels? I'm thinking of getting a Szabo Tomohawk in D2 steel but I also found this 3" folder ( making it legal anywhere in the U.S. ) in Elmax which, aside from one YouTuber's review, has gotten decent praise. I'd be interested in hearing what /k/ thinks of these steels and the products themselves.

Worth noting: They also have an assisted version of this knife as well as an automatic version.
>>
File: first_edge_5150_field.jpg (8KB, 500x73px) Image search: [Google]
first_edge_5150_field.jpg
8KB, 500x73px
>>29528759
I forgot to mention they also make a field knife ( pic related; 5150 field knife ) and a survival knife that has gotten very high praise.
>>
File: 1417668031178-1-1-1-1-1-1.jpg (156KB, 752x531px) Image search: [Google]
1417668031178-1-1-1-1-1-1.jpg
156KB, 752x531px
>>29527583
>buying from a shit maker
FTFY
>>
File: first_edge_5050_survival.jpg (52KB, 1100x1003px) Image search: [Google]
first_edge_5050_survival.jpg
52KB, 1100x1003px
>>29528759
>>29528776
Awe heck. Just for the heck of it here is the 5050 survival knife.
>>
>>29527564
>Buying directly from the manufacturer?Why?that would mean you are paying msrp and getting the worst shipping.are you afraid of getting a fake gerber?
>>
>>29530854
I honestly think getting a fake gerber is better than having a real one.

>>29527564
I tend to order knives from Walmart or Amazon. Walmart's website is surprisingly competitive for knives and you can get big name brands like Spyderco, Benchmade, Kershaw, Gerber, Buck, Leatherman, Victorinox, etc. I recently ordered pic related ( one of two pics ) less than a week ago and the order, excluding the 12-pack wetfire, are ready for pick-up well ahead of the estimated time.
>>
>>29530854
pic related two from >>29531731
>>
>>29530854
It is worth noting >>29531731 is just a replica of the original knife ( at least judging by the sheath ) so I'll most likely use it just as a camping knife. I also ordered not just one of >>29531742
but two of them; I'm likely to use the containers for storage. One of the rods will be with me for EDC in addition to a lighter and seven wetfire ( aprox two weeks worth of fire starters ) and that will leave me with 15 wetfire ( 30 days worth of fire starters ) to experiment with. I'll buy more if I like them.
>>
>>29528759

Fuck off with your shilling.

I've already told you three separate times that those knives are overpriced garbage.

>those ergonomics
>tantos
>no handguard
>on a supposed combat knife

>making survival knives
>out of ELMAX
>So they have to be 5mm and 6mm thick not to break in hard use that INFI, 3V, A2, or 5160 would just laugh at with a 3mm spine.
>>
>iFunny watermark
>>
>>29528808

Yea man...CR is a pretty shit maker.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.