[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/k/ memes that have to absolutely stop and be laid to rest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: ever since i leel i ecnis reve.jpg (30KB, 649x649px) Image search: [Google]
ever since i leel i ecnis reve.jpg
30KB, 649x649px
>"dubble up on hearin' protection"
>females can't handle anything that isn't .22lr or .280
>>
>LOOK LOOK I POSTED IT AGAIN!!!11
>the same fag every time

Anyway combing shitposting and trolling into one thread will not work.
>>
File: 1441526501940.jpg (7KB, 291x303px) Image search: [Google]
1441526501940.jpg
7KB, 291x303px
>>29498278
Are you done?
>>
>>29498278
Have you used single ear pro? Is works fine you mong
>>
>ear pro
>ever
People do this when it's not required?
>>
>>29498459
>hurr I'm being stupid

You only need earpro inside
>>
>>29498238
>>"dubble up on hearin' protection"

You've never spent 8 hours with constant gunfire to know why single ear pro is fucking stupid

>see MN meetup

First year my ears were ringing for days and I have permanent tinnitus now
Every year after is double time ear plugs and electronic muffs
Hear just as well as nothing and extra protection
>>
Muffs over plugs probably necessary, but not unreasonable.

I'm just trying to buy suppressors for everything now though.
>>
>>29498238

What kinds of rifles do you shoot anon?

A big magnum with a muzzle break under the range shelter is loud as fuck. I double up for that shit.
>>
File: 1420669582363.gif (911KB, 171x141px) Image search: [Google]
1420669582363.gif
911KB, 171x141px
>>29498238
>>antman
>>/k/ is one person
>>
>>29498238
Well there's nothing wrong with doing so, and it depends on the environment and what you're shooting. If I'm at an indoor range hell yeah double up. If I'm outside shooting anything that has a muzzle brake/comp or isn't a pissantly small round like .22lr, I still do it because I'm not fucking retarded. And ultimately it depends how good your earpro is. A friend of mine does competition pistol and is required to wear a pair of 300 dollar muffs, which are comfy as fuck and he gets a discount so they cost like 80 bucks.
>>
>>29498238
>dubble up on hearin' protection
>not being protective of a vital sense
>>
>>29498406
Depends on what you are shooting. Doubling up is a wise precaution in case their is some jackass in the next lane rocking an obrez with a loudener.
>>
>>29498581
I think you are mentally ill
>>
>>29498628
Hope you're wearing goggles and ballistic rated glasses underneat with a reenforced visor. bubblewrap faggot
>>
>>29498238
I double up as due to shit-tier genetics, I have really sensitive ears.
it's not really a meme.
anyway, something that needs to die is
>"10mm is best pistol round"
>>
>>29498406
>Is works fine you mong
>mong

I'm not going to take shooting advice off a brit. They know fuck all about shooting. I know this because I am a brit.
>>
>>29498631
> Shooting at indoor Ranges
> ever
Just get really good earpro. Any pair of earpro is fine, doubling up doesn't do much. But whatever keep doing what chu wanna do mayne.
>>29498851
I'm not a disgusting britcuck. I'm from USA son. I just like using the word mong because it rolls off the tongue nicely.
>>
>>29498467
Sorry senpai I've never shot at an indoor range. But I've been to outdoor ranges that harass you about it.
>>
File: 1423236784047.gif (2MB, 300x259px) Image search: [Google]
1423236784047.gif
2MB, 300x259px
>>29498631
>in case their is some jackass in the next lane rocking an obrez with a loudener.
>tfw someone is aware of my work
>>
>>29498238
>females can't handle anything that isn't .22lr or .280
I've literally never seen anyone on /k/ say this
Whether or not it's a meme, what reason is there to not? To save 50 cents?
>>
In military we were told to wear double earpro when firing .338.
>>
>>29498238
"40 S&W = shit" meme needs to die.
Yeah, we get it; 9mm has come a long way. That doesn't mean that magically .40 has become worse.
>but muh recoil
If you can't handle .40, then you probably can't handle anything over 9mm power-wise. Man up.
>but muh capacity
Using good ole generic glock as a comparison:
>g19, 15rds standard capacity 9mm
>g23, same size weapon, 13rds standard capacity in .40
>if you need more than 13 rounds, regardless of caliber, you're probably in a shit situation, requiring more than a handgun.
>and if you're really a capacity-fag, you'd have an extra mag
>2x15=30rds vs 2x13=26rds
>26 vs 30
>come on

As far as (modern load) ballistics, yes, they're very similar.
However, during an ammo shortage/scare/'wtf is going on' moment, I believe 9mm would dry up far before 40 Smith. Even now, if X store is out of 9mm, they typically always have 40.
Barrel change options for the glock 40's... I could go on and on.

NO, I'm not trying to say one is better than the other. Calm your asses. All I'm saying is that .40 is a completely fine, viable option to add to your inventory and it doesn't need to continually be meme'd as some horrible round.
>>
>>29499174
>Yeah, we get it; 9mm has come a long way. That doesn't mean that magically .40 has become worse.
its not that 40 has become worse, its lost its place, it has no tangible benefit over 9mm, and only has negatives, a 9 will perform in such a similar manner as a 40 that theres no reason to get a 40 anymore
>>
>>29498238
>implying females can shoot

Top kek
>>
>>29499177
Yes, I understand that point.

I'm only trying to alleviate the meme that 40 won't blow a hole in things like 9mm will.
People start believing that it's somehow ineffective as a load, or grossly less effective than 9, which is ridiculous.

Capacity and ammo availability have nothing to do with what happens when the round hits.
>>
>>29498851
>Only brits use mong
Why do I continue to expect logic from a britbong...
>>
>this timezone
>huge general spike in shitposting and trolling
>>
>>29499174
30 rounds of 9mm cmon
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.