[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bow thread?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: lookscool.jpg (35KB, 1154x1154px) Image search: [Google]
lookscool.jpg
35KB, 1154x1154px
Bows are weapons right? Bow general I guess.

Anyway while I'm waiting on getting my fun licence all sorted in 'straya, I'm thinking about getting a bow to just pass the time. Anything good to get with a 200 dollar budget? I just want to fling sticks with points at a fast speed :^)
>>
>>29484035

In Australia, you're looking at a little more than that for a bow and arrows as well. It'll be like absolute minimum $200 for the bow (i.e. an entry level wooden recurve), $20-30 for a shooting glove or potentially less for a tab and maybe $100 for half a dozen decent carbon arrows with feathers. Will probably turn out to be around $350 or a little more all up.
>>
>>29484035
bows are for pussy ass bitch niggas lol what the fuck are you gonna do with a bow anyway? fucking faggot, bows don't even have stopping power
>>
S A M I C K
A
G
E
>>
>>29484035
Lars Andersen shit poster will be coming your way any moment now.
>>
>>29486673
Is this craptastic bait or is this cringe worthy autism?

The world may never know...
>>
>>29484035
It seems like ( from what I've found ) that Ragim makes good bows and they even have a starter bundle in their "beginner" category for $175 on Amazon/their website. They are all made in Italy too.

>>29486682
I was on Samick's website and found the Sage is not one of their beginner bows. He may want to start on something made for a beginner instead of buying one of the more expensive bows right off.
>>
>>29487737
Not a bow guy but the sammick seems to be highly recommended and you can get extra limbs for changing ur draw weight as u improve
>>
File: Bowpull1.jpg (110KB, 800x539px) Image search: [Google]
Bowpull1.jpg
110KB, 800x539px
>>29484035
>Bows are weapons right?

Yes. Yes they are.

~150lb English longbow. None of that compound faggotry.
>>
>>29487778
Jesus fuck that is big. You need a shitload of strength to be able to pull and shoot that thing well. This is the part where "lifetime of training" for archers comes in to play. Any dope can pick up a 45 pound recurve and hit reasonably well after a day or two of shooting, but this shit is an entire league on it's own. Of course it will fuck up your body in multiple ways.
>>
>>29484035
>bows
>>
>>29487810
I would need to get a category m license for that sadly :(
>>
File: Tek_bow.gif (21KB, 185x185px) Image search: [Google]
Tek_bow.gif
21KB, 185x185px
Could you make a metal bow work? Is there a metal that would bend and return to shape well enough to work?

Pic is of the Turok Tek bow, I always thought a takedown metal bow would be amazing. See how it looks like it has 3 articulations you could use to fold it up to a 4th it's original length?

What about using springs to assist a bow like this one?
http://youtu.be/b8FVLJ_EEP4

Can bows be used to control pests and coyotes? I'm a felon so if I ever get a chance to have livestock I won't be able to use modern weapons.
>>
>>29487959
where you live?
can hit bolts in the back at 40m easy thats the length of my garden so cant practice further
>>
>>29484035
Good to hear someone else getting into archery/bowhunting. I recently bought a bow from Apex Archery on ebay - They're in Brisbane and do a reasonable takedown recurve package for a bit over $200

I ended up with a 70" 38# td recurve - $180 - though shorter versions are cheaper - Chinese bow - Jandao - shoots pretty well imo

Samick Sage is a nice thing, bit more expensive though
>>
>>29487972
Pretty tricky to hunt predators with a bow, but in Aus hunters have success with predator calls and lures getting foxes, feral cats and dogs to come in close enough to dispatch with a bow.

Takes some skill and patience as you're dealing with animals with really good sense of smell, sight and hearing, but well worth the challenge.

I've shot predators in this way with rifle and shotgun in the past but never with a bow.
>>
>>29488015

I was thinking it would be tricky, like you said.

I'm planning to grow some tobacco soon, and interestingly I suspect it will kill the rabbits unfortunate enough to eat it. That means I won't have to be concerned with pest control anytime soon.
>>
>>29486975
ha that guy is just a trick shooter.
>>29484035
get a samick sage from amazon online and arrows can be expensive, buy the ultra cheap one, they will get a bit damaged as you learn. 100 bucks for a half dozen is crazy, its more like 30 bucks..
>>
Go Primal Now survival bow.

Toughest bow on the market, folds up, can be used as a club, easy to carry even with a rifle on you as well.
>>
>>29489437
Not OP but this is Neat, they make knives and stuff too. WIll look into.
>>
>>29489437
This is going only a backup bow, don't rely on it as a primary.
>>
>>29489530
So it would unfortunately seem given it is priced similar to other bows. Still, the company seems to make neat products.
>>
>>29489565
Eh, you're better off with a regular td anyways.
>>
>>29486673
Actually...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nLRymWv-CA

In terms of killing power some bows use broadhead tips and the length of the arrow can cause further damage if the victim moves.
>>
>>29487972
Spring steel should be enough. Pull the shocks out of a wrecked car and you'll have more than enough to work with.

They actually made arbalests out of steel simply because wood wasn't strong enough.
>>
>>29489846
I'm 100% not against crossbows. Any recommendations?
>>
>>29484035
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEG-ly9tQGk

Stop what you're doing and watch this video, before you make any of the wrong decisions or buy into the hype that is modern archery. Lars Andersen has studied the actual historical texts that warrior archers learned from, and compiled a style created from accurate, practicality driven teachings. Modern archers will want to load you up with all kinds of compounds bows, sights, quivers, carbon fiber arrows, etc. These are all generic consumer products that will not actually help you grow as an archer, rather hinder you by building bad habits and reliance on them.

Seriously, don't fall into the modern myths of archery, the study is changing and Lars is leading the way, following him is following thousands of years of far more effective archers than we can hope to become today.
>>
>>29491282
Sons of Susan; that guy is incredible. I was thinking of getting a re-curve bow and I think that vid pretty much sold me on trying to learn archery. Thanks for sharing, anon.
>>
>>29489530

I'm not going to carry two fucking bows.

AR, Glock and bow.

My survival bow has held up just fine, I don't think it's ever going to wear out or break...
>>
>>29491282
Please cut the fucking trolling.

>>29491422
He's a trick archer, the video is lying about historical accuracy and infomercial bad demos, and that post is pure troll copypasta.
>>
>>29489437
You own this? Does it shoot as well as a regular recurve?
>>
>>29491282
don't know what the fuck this is, but I was mightily impressed with the archery demonstration at Castle Warwick last time I went to bongistan.

Archer's tendons in his hands were like fucking rebar, can't imagine how ripped his back was.

historical archery is incredible, wish I can carve out some time to get into it.
>>
>>29487791
Yeah, I believe that archaeologist can identify with a reasonable amount of accuracy who the Longbowmen at Agincourt were due to the fucked up curvature in their spine that resulted from years of drawing that fucking thing all their life.
>>
>>29492918
It's not a recurve, it's a short longbow with cheap fiberglass limbs.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.