[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Private Military Companies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: academi.jpg (61KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
academi.jpg
61KB, 400x300px
Sup /b/? Anyone here ever work for a Private Military company like blackwater/ academi? Or know much about the topic?

How much are these guys getting paid these days? Any info would help because there really isn't a lot of first hand information out there.

I'm 20yo in ROTC at my school, pretty set on 18a but I'd be more comfortable going that route if I knew being a PMC was a realistic option once I'm out.
>>
>>29447243
Spend about four years in the light infantry then you tell us what skills merit compensation.

You fucking slacker.
>>
>>29447243
Shit I meant to say /k/ my bad
>>
Unless you go SOF or have specific skills (they like experienced medics), you have no chance. For more info, google names of PMCs and check their sites. They usually have the criteria listed.
To be fair if you're still in school (assuming you don't mean college) at 20, you have no chance anyway so don't bother.
>>
>>29447291
haha 18a is army special forces/ 'green berets'. I do mean college. I know the criteria and I know I can meet the criteria, I'm asking about the realities of the job and if it's worth going into special forces with this end goal in mind.
>>
>>29447346
I promise you that you will never graduate. Your assumptions are overt and comical
>>
>>29447291
You can get pmc without sof experiance. Does mean you need to have solid real experiance, 10+ years in the millitary and a SNCO'S rank. A lot of Brit ex MP's are on the circuit as that's where they keep their close protection skill set.
>>
>>29447243
>Starts off with sup /b/
>Is a ROTC
>Please try again
>>
>>29447371
What the fuck, man? I'm just asking for some advice, you don't know anything about me or how fit I am, how I've been tediously preparing to get into Special forces since I was 13. Sounds like you're bitter.

>>29447430
Yeah that's my bad, I posted this same thread in /b/ so I just copy and pasted the text without changing that first part.
>>
Why did you post a picture of a bunch of skydivers.
>>
>>29447243
>>29447478
He's going off statistics. The chances of you passing selection are slim and we choose to be pessimistic instead of optimistic because we've bent over enough for the military that thinking anything will be fine is a fucking joke. Talk to us after you get in, not before. What ifs are mind numbingly stupid.

But honestly, you haven't lived long enough and lack experience. You really are on the bottom rung of the ladder.

As far as asking about a PMC, it makes you sound immature, you're not even fucking done with college, you've never been in the real military, and you're already thinking of PMC?

You're a fucking virgin talking about sex. Do you understand?

Honestly, your entire post is immature. It seems college has been wasted on you and ROTC has been successful in making you a drone.

Pic very related.
>>
>>29449113
OP I'm not trying to be a dick, but this response is 20/10 on accuracy. Absolutely accurate.
>>
>>29447243
>>29447478
>This is what colleges and ROTC is producing
>>
>>29447419
Great hearding for a living my God would be proud
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.