[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should the military replace MREs with these?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: caloriemate.jpg (603KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
caloriemate.jpg
603KB, 2592x1944px
Pic related. Literally everything you need in a neat little package.
>>
those taste like crap
>>
>>29444956
Whats the shelf life on those little bastards.
>>
File: 1440444140843.png (937KB, 1317x895px) Image search: [Google]
1440444140843.png
937KB, 1317x895px
>>29444956
>Should the military replace hot combat meals with moderate menu variety and varying textures with a single flavored diet block extremely slim in either menu or texture?
>>
>>29444956
>morale means nothing

t. Autist
>>
>>29444976
>he actually heats his MREs
>>
>>29444990
>not heating the entree in a handy engine/the fucking sun and saving the heaters for gatorade bottle bombs
>>
>>29444956
Strawberry only, Cheese tastes worse than ass.
>>
>>29445001
I cannot recommend scaling up to a Jerry can enough.
>>
>>29444970
I ate a lemon flavored one, it was pretty good tasting. Was like a cookie, with a weird thirst suppressant additive. Probably would get pretty old after eating it for only a day or two though.
>>
>>29445001
>gatorade bombs
I have gatorade and I can get those MRE heaters for cheap.
teach us your grunt wisdom, anon
>>
>>29445212
It's a pressure thing. Figure it out.
>>
>>29444986
In so few words you have managed to point out the stupidity of OP and insult him
I am currently chuckling
>>
>>29445275
>insult him
OP here, none taken.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (93KB, 1200x828px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
93KB, 1200x828px
>>
>>29444956
Because it has like every food-related allergen known to man so unless a food allergy prevents you from being in the military, you'd starve.
>>
>>29445878
>food allergy prevents you from being in the military
What is medical screening for allergies to common food types?
>>
>>29445212
Much like bomb of dry ice, you empty Gatorade a little, half way, then throw heater in. Cap and throw. Boom.
>>
>>29445448
You still got fucking destroyed, whether you accept it or not.
>>
>>29444956
i ate those while in japan once. image brown or red chalk that tastes a little like old bakers chocolate or nesquick powder. you are supposed to mix it with either milk (cow, soy, etc) or coffee and shake it up and drink on the go. they replace one meal (breakfast) in a pinch, but they give you the shits something fierce - my whole troop tried some since they come 8 to a box.
>>
>>29446073
>being this unaware
>>
>>29444956
I remember the first time I played Snake Eater.
>>
File: party-hard.gif (2MB, 220x165px) Image search: [Google]
party-hard.gif
2MB, 220x165px
>>29444956
>Literally everything you need in a neat little package

MREs have about 1,200 calories in each package. CalorieMate only has 400 per box. Replacing MREs with those would be ridiculous, but I can tell you that after seeing this thread I ordered five boxes of them.
>>
No, but they should put calorie mate in MREs. To replace candy.
>>
>>29444956
Japan resident here. They definitely wouldn't replace MREs, but they're great for replacing one or two meals. They'd be a nice addition to an emergency food supply. The flavor range has expanded since I got here: Fruit, chocolate, cheese, maple syrup, plain (and I also think at one point there was a potato flavor...). There are also knock-off brands that have a wider variety of flavors. I'm not sure about the shelf life, but since the 2011 earthquake, CalorieMate has developed a special long shelf life version. I think its 3-5 years.
>>
>>29444977 dubs
>Whats the shelf life on those little bastards.
No one knows. You would have to eat one to find out and everyone spits it out after the second chew.These would make better door stops or wheel chokes than a food source.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.