[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bundeswehr enrollment

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

So I am a czech/german hybrid kind of person with a decent german, and I was interested in joining Bundeswehr. Mainly because both nations fight for the same things, but Czech army soldiers are equipped with CZ 805 Bren rifles which, however patriotic I want to be about czech engineering, have proven absolute fucking trash in action and they aren't something I would want to be armed with when shit goes down. So apparently as an EU resident who speaks German I should be eligible to join Bundeswehr instead.

But enough about myself, there are questions I wanted to ask- I know germany isn't very firearms happy, at least not yet. But they have and do make some very impressive, innovative and reliable firearms, so I assume equipment wouldn't be a problem unless someone decided to control the equipment soldiers are equipped with, which I honestly hope not. I have also heard soldiers are the only people allowed to carry handguns in germany- is that true? How is the army- are they capable? Do they actually accept people who aren't native germans but live in germany and speak the language in their ranks? How is the salary? Do they have some sorta military colleges?
>>
What exactly are the issues with the CZ 805 in czech service, it seems like it was slightly rushed but its by no means as shit as the G36
>>
>>29413240
A lot of things. To start with, no bolt catch makes reloading slow. Then there are very frequent jams, mainly double feeds, because the magazine is so badly constructed, which is why they use STANAG mags in later versions. To top that off, there were many reports of the magazines falling out in action. Let that sink in. It also has the ergonomics of a glass shard and is very badly balanced.
>>
>>29413206
You aren't going to see action in either army so why does it matter

G36 are also trash
>>
>>29413496
Pal I'm euro. I'm going to the army because I don't have educayshon and want to touch guns and get paid. If I see action that's a nice bonus.
>>
>>29413531
Get back to school you fool
>>
>>29413555
That's why I asked about the military colleges.
>>
Bundeswehrfag here, don't join!
Chances are high you will be used to build refugee camps
>>
>>29413569
Do you mean that even the military command is licking the Arsch or Frau Merkel?
>>
>>29413569
Bundeswehrfag pls respond.
>>
>>29413586
Of course everybody hates it but nobody would openly speak out against it.

orders are orders
>>
>>29413612
Damn.
I mean I get it, serving in the army of a pacifist state might suck but this is harsh.
Also, is it true you are replacing G36 with broomsticks?
How's the salary?
Are there any military schools I could go to if I wanted to be an officer, and would I be let in there with my impure heritage?
>>
>>29413636
Do they let you buy and carry your own (fullauto) weapons into action?
>>
>>29413636
>Also, is it true you are replacing G36 with broomsticks?
There is talk about it but I don't see it happening in the near future.

>How's the salary?
Its alright, sure people always find things to complain about but I never had any monetary problems.

>Are there any military schools I could go to if I wanted to be an officer, and would I be let in there with my impure heritage?
That way you're grounding yourself for several years in this badly organised shitfest, believe me, you don't want that.

You will also probably never see any action anyway. Not even when deployed.

Bundeswehr is usually for Highschool dropout who can't find a proper apprenticeship.
When you're smart enough to study something at a uni, you certainly don't belong into the Military.
>>
>>29413696
Ah. If that's how it is, I understand. Thanks for the info.
>>
>>29413705
I know it sounds disappointing, but its the Truth and you should not waste your precious Lifetime with that bullshit.
Hope I could help.
>>
>>29413206
Pay is low. Moral is shit. Equipment is mostly old as fuck. Training is below average.
The G36 is okay, it's light and I really dig the combined optic.
Basic income was about 1900 eu.
You could join the medics.
>>
>>29413717
Then again, if I could be the one militant officer that cannot be called a nazi because he has a Czech name, that would be fun.
>>
>>29413938
If you want to become an officer, you do three months basic training, another 9 months of officer training, then study three years for a Bachelors degree at a Bundeswehr University (if you want to study medicine you study at a public university, but then your contract is 17 years, not 12), after that you serve your remaining 8 years in a unit and do stuff that has nothing to do with your degree, so you really don't have any work experience except some middle-management stuff and filling out forms
If you already have a degree, you only do the one year at the start and then get your Lt. rank (depending on degree b.a./sci., m.a. or phd you can go as high as cpt or major I think)

Pay is excellent in comparison to civilian jobs attainable with the same skill level, at least for everyone below officers, for officers it's the same or less, but you don't have to pay for healthcare, but you also have to use the army doctors, so it's a kinda meh deal
Soldiers can't carry guns while off-duty and most don't even carry them while on duty, except when you're on checkpoint duty at the gate or as sergeant/officer on duty
People who speak German but are immigrants are accepted, since like 30% of the enlisted are either turks or russians

Equipment is meh, mostly older stuff, the good stuff is kept in storage or is at the repairshop, most soldiers buy a lot of stuff themselves for deployments, on the photo you posted that guy mostly likely bought his boots, gloves, glasses, kneepad, most likely some pouches and maybe the rucksack himself

Also, I'm not really sure if you can join without German citizenship and if there are some Czech laws that maybe prevent you from joining a foreign army
>>
>>29415689
I've read up about them, but it seems they are only enforced if you join an army that is not part of the NATO.
>>
>>29415689
laws I mean
>>
>>29415689
You need german citizenship.
>>
>>29415852
Ah, that's too bad. I saw wikipedia say otherwise, probably outdated.
>>
>>29415883
It's possible to get an exception by the Ministry of Defence though.
https://www.buzer.de/gesetz/2246/b6300.htm
>>
>>29413206
Why the fuck would you chose wich nation to fight for based on what rifle do they use?
That being said, in Bundeswehr you will build shelters for refugees, in AČR you will sit around doing nothing because we don't have money for anything.
>>
>>29416030
There's also the pay.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.