[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

wtf lgs?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: 1453705370854.jpg (56KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1453705370854.jpg
56KB, 640x640px
K, today I stopped into my LGS for some trigger time and shopping around.

I had my eye on some level III soft armor, and when I went to purchase it, the woman behind the counter told me it was illegal for anyone other then LEO's or security personnel to do so.

I live in MD, so it wouldnt be the craziest shit I've heard, but after searching for a few hours, the only thing I could find was the longstanding law of not allowing felons to purchase body armor.

So, two questions. Are they full of shit and just didn't want to sell me the damn armor? And are there even any states in the Union that prevent citizens from purchasing body armor?

Alternatively, who's even ever heard of such a thing? LGS and shitty states general thread, I suppose.
>>
>that's a real magazine
want
>>
Couldn't tell you anything about MD state law, but I assume it's not dissimilar to people on Armslist who want to see your CPL. Is it a legal requirement? No, but does it potentially save them from a headache down the road? Yes.

Just go to bulletproofme
>>
>>29364068
>longstanding law of not allowing felons to purchase body armor.
Um
why can't felon's purchase body armor?
Anyone wanna fill me in on why that law exists?
>>
>>29364068
Sounds like she's a retard, should have found a man to ask
>>
>>29364068
Storytime too, I suppose. Same store, same day.
>"Urban" couple comes in to have a handgun inspected
>See its some revolver, nickle plated and probably either .38 or something similar
>Couple is very interested in what its worth, guy behind the counter takes a glance at it
>This is onna them... Nagant pistols, I wager
>Youhavemyattention.jpeg
>Get a better look at it
>Smith and Wesson logo on the grip and barrel
>Nickle plated and shiny as a motherfucker
>.38 caliber on the barrel as well
>"Ahyup, prolly onna them old Nagant revolvers. Thats from Russia, you know? Must be old."
>Just slowly back away and try not to sperg out on all these poor fuckers

That being said, they had a used Beretta in 40s&w for 350, thinking about getting it. Damned fine bore on it.
>>
>>29364108
>Governmental laws
>making sense

Pick one and only one
>>
File: 1366634960937.jpg (47KB, 500x385px) Image search: [Google]
1366634960937.jpg
47KB, 500x385px
>>29364134
>confusing sergei mosin with leon nagant
>apparent inability to read
are the people at your LGS legitimately retarded
>>
>>29364108
MD is incredibly liberal in the modern interpretation of the word. We have an assault weapons ban, ammo taxes, 10-round mag limits, and fingerprint scans for pistol purchases.

You need a permit to purchase a pistol, followed by a 7 day waiting period. Also you'll get assraped if you get caught buying shit like standard mags out of state and bringing them here.

I'm moving once I fix my house, but for the next 5 or 6 years, I'm kinda stuck.
>>
>>29364179
See, I understand every single one of those things from a nutcase leftist perspective, but I'm not quite understanding what about body armor is scary. Shouldn't pussy liberals love that shit?
>>
>>29364163
2 of them are, hilariously enough. Legitimately mentally handicapped. Another is a dishonorable discharge, and the rest are women.

They're better then my last LGS though, by a fucking mile. I can share some stories in a sec.
>>
>>29364188
The excuse I was told by an LEO is that because of the Hollywood Shootout, its a preventative measure to keep criminals from doing that again.

Not a fucking clue how the mental gymnastics for that work, but there ya go. Tax buckaroos hard at work.
>>
File: 1364369038039.jpg (81KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1364369038039.jpg
81KB, 500x375px
>>29364202
Good god anon I'm sorry. I mean my LGS charges 75 bucks for fucking transfer fees but that's probably the only thing I have to complain about.
>>
>>29364179
>Also you'll get assraped if you get caught buying shit like standard mags out of state and bringing them here.

MDfag here, I thought that was legal? You just can't buy, sell, or transfer a mag that's over 10 rounds while in state. I've never heard of anyone getting in trouble for buying one out of state. Can you elaborate?
>>
>>29364188
No, because in pussy liberal world minorities are all just poor victims and wearing body armor is racist.
>>
Putting on a trip for extra hilarity. Promised this anon stories, so here we go.
>>29364221

Best story I have is about a little store in Annapolis called "The Armory." It was small, it was cramped, the lighting was shit, and after working retail for damn near ten years of my life, that shit got to me.

Still, that's not even the worst bit.

You walk in the door, and pointed straight at your face is a "deactivated" M1919. It sat on top of a massive stack of milsurp ammo that you weren't allowed to crack open, and was rusted over about half of the time. This is all, of course, next to the stacks of "military grade," ammo cans that they loved to sell so much to people.

The staff at "The Armory," consisted of 5 people. The man who ran the local store (it was apparently part of a very small chain), his wife, his mentally disabled son, and two younger employees that I felt constantly bad for.

The first time I went into that store, I'd just turned 18. I dressed well enough (Autistic nervous wreck buying his first firearm, what can I say?), and was pretty psyched about getting the firearm I wanted. I had the money and did my research, and didn't listen to /k/ at all about LGS horror stories.

The owner of the store pointed at me, laughed, and said to his friends, "See? One of those pretty boys I was talkin about. More money then sense!" At that point, I pretty much did a "y-you too!" and 360 noscoped out the damn door. I was pissed and fucking embarrassed. And this is the first time I went into the store. MORE RIVETING TALES TO FOLLOW.
>>
>>29364134
If it is a Beretta 96, just don't.

PX4... I wouldn't but I could understand if someone did.
>>
>>29364313
Jesus Christ, do they want to sell anything?
>>
>>29364188
No because muh Uwe bowl movies or whatever the fuck his name is
>>
>>29364313
Eventually, I found my stones and decided to go back into the store. I wanted an AR, I was reading up on the shitfuck legislation that we were about to enact, and I wanted to get my shit while I still could.

Going back into the store, it was dead empty. The door rang, and no one came out of the back. I looked at some ammo. No one came out of the back. I looked at a firearm on the display rack that they used to have. Still nobody. Thirteen minutes before someone came out of the back, and the only thing they did was yell at me to not touch anything. I should've left out the damn door right at that moment, but I was pretty fuckin determined to get my grubby fingers on something.

So about 20 minutes later, the owner comes out and tells me that if I don't intend to buy anything, I'm loitering and should leave. I tell him I'm in the market for an AR, and suddenly we're in the land of grins and handshakes, and my dumb ass thinks that now we're buddies because I know what I was talking about.

Long story short, I didn't. Del-Ton AR's for $1400, and those were the cheapest. Keep in mind, this was fucking 8 years ago. Sandy Hook hadn't even happened yet. MD was getting over it's AWB and things were generally looking up for gun owners.

But that's the way it went. A basic AR model? $1350, because he's such a nice guy. 4, 20 round pmags? Oh, he'd let those go for $30 a pop. Ammo? $1.50 is a great price boy, you're lucky you're getting it for that. I got fucking robbed, it's hilarious looking back at it now.

MORE TO COME! The exciting tale of how the Armory got shut down, and more autistic blogging.
>>
>>29364379
You poor thing.

Please keep going.
>>
>>29364393
Reddit
>>
>>29364313
>putting on my trip
You're an idiot.
>>
>>29364379
You're a fucking idiot son. When i was 18 i wasnt this retarded
>>
>>29364335
I'll be honest, I didn't get the model. It just seemed wrong, and the price stood out in a way that made me wonder what was wrong with it. Still, fuckin great deal.

>>29364244
Oh, you can purchase all the mags you want out of state. That being said, I was told in absolutely no uncertain terms by a MD state trooper that if they catch you with it, they're automatically assuming that you're transporting them with intent to sell, and they're gonna toss your ass in jail because absolutely no judge is going to agree with a civilian in MD.

>>29364336
Nah, they were making money on the side. Which is a convenient as fuck segway into the next topic.

>>29364379
SO! There's a whole shitload of other great stories I can tell. The mentally challenged son getting into a fist fight with a customer. The owner of the store flagging people and then laughing aloud when they freaked out because, "They ain't loaded!" The constant badgering to "upgrade" your firearm selection to the next model of whatever the fuck you're buying. You want an AR? Why not a SCAR? You want a SCAR? Why not a PTR (back when that was a legal firearm in MD, lol)? You're looking for a DMR? Why not take this semi-auto Barrett 50? You want a 1911? Go for an H&K!

So many stories.

But! Those arent the best. After a while, the store started looking more ragged then normal. Lights going out and staying out, closing on suspicious days like fucking tuesday and shit, employees disappearing for a few days and then coming back, only to tell me to go to other stores. I was left wondering, "The fuck is going on?"

(cont)
>>
>>29364447
>doesn't know what a Beretta 96 or PX4 is
>it's a great deal

You didn't even know what your looking at, how do you draw that conclusion dummy?
>>
>>29364393
I was just stupid back then, thankfully I've learned a lot from this shit.
>>29364437
Yes you were.
>>29364436
Yep.
>>29364447

So it turns out that the entire Annapolis branch was a fucking front for the owner of the franchise - the guy was more or less using his FFL in order to get a hold of some of the better pre-86 firearms out on the market. These (apparently - take it with a grain of salt because I never did get to look over the official court proceedings) were then machined and sold to shady elements like cartels and all that down in Nevada, or Texas, I believe. He slipped up and got caught, and I remember reading in the newspaper that he had made something along the lines of a few million bucks off the whole deal.

He went to FuckMeInTheAss Federal Prison, and the store shut down about a year afterwards. I managed to get in the door one of the last weeks that they were open, and it was hilarious to see them trying to still sell shit like the AR that they sold me for $1200.
>>
>>29364463
>Look it up on gunbroker
>First few prices are in the 500-600 range

Why you try to confus, anon
>>
>>29364108
The North Hollywood shootout
>>
File: maryland-gun-laws.gif (14KB, 197x250px) Image search: [Google]
maryland-gun-laws.gif
14KB, 197x250px
>>29364068
That lady is a retarded cunt.
Only Felons are banned from buying/owning ballistic protection in Maryland.
Source: I (unfortunately) also live in the DPRM.
Just order some armor online.
>>
>>29364202
>another is a dishonourable discharge

Doesn't that remove your second amendment rights? You might want to never buy anything from them. Or go back.
>>
>>29364480
Okay MD expert here.
>Body armor is totally legal for you to buy/own unless you are a felon. For everyone else you may buy it, of a stkre wont sell it go online.
>Standard cap mags are legal to own. They are illegal to sell, give away or borrow. You can get them out of state and bring them in, just dont go braggng about it.
>AK style weapons are legal to make, but not buy (read the MDSP FAQ on this one)
>ARs with heavy barrels are legal to buy
>ARs that are "regular" must have been bought prior to 2013
>Registration of guns you bought put of state is voluntary
>All guns bought in state are automatically registered.
>>
>>29364068
>LGS
>only gun store for days
>guns are all full MSRP
>used guns are only 10-20% lower price
>nice people behind the counter
>redpilled and talk about dindus
>cheap ammo
>bricks of .22 even during the worst times
>hooks me up with free stuff

10/10 it's okay.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.