[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Supreme Court Nominee Wants to Ban Handguns, Register Remainder NEW

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: jerk.jpg (116KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
jerk.jpg
116KB, 1200x800px
In the past, Judge Merrick Garland has ruled from the bench that a complete ban on handguns is constitutional, and that the executive branch has unlimited power to impose firearms registration in direct defiance of Congressional grants of authority and explicit limits. He is a dedicated, committed, anti-gun warrior.

According to Carrie Severino, in 2007 Garland voted for: "… a ban on individual handgun possession, which even prohibited guns kept in one’s own house for self-defense.
[also, in 2000]…Garland voted with [Judge David] Tatel to uphold an illegal Clinton-era regulation that created an improvised gun registration requirement."

>hfw thinking about banning your glocks and HKs

Of course, the New Yorker is already calling him "President Obama’s Sensible Supreme Court Choice".

>2A, RIP in Peace
>>
>>29362955
You are greatly overstating things here bud. He did not express any real opinion on the ruling. His views certainly aren't Freedom-loving, but he's likely not the Turbohitler some are making him out to be- yet.
>>
>>29362955
>a complete ban on handguns is constitutional
>>
>>29362955
>implying the reeeeeepublican congress won't filibuster this to death
>>
File: garland.png (15KB, 756x304px) Image search: [Google]
garland.png
15KB, 756x304px
>b... but garland is a moderate

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/02/18/upshot/potential-for-the-most-liberal-supreme-court-in-decades.html
>>
File: image.jpg (50KB, 800x1160px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50KB, 800x1160px
Fuck man. Reading stuff like this makes me wish I was born the oldest of my siblings.
It also makes me want to order the Stealth Arms jig, but I don't have a bank account and I don't know how prepaid cards work
>>
File: 1444176206059.gif (339KB, 370x330px) Image search: [Google]
1444176206059.gif
339KB, 370x330px
>>29363334
>implying the supreme court cares about the constitution
>implying democrats don't care about separation of powers or legislating from the bench

It's odd there are so many leftist faggots on this board. Too bad Trump will be the nominee, then Hillary will win and nullify her indictment.
>>
>>29363016
Why do people always compare others they don't like to hitler? There were far worse people than hitler. Hillary Clinton for example. Why don't we compare the people we don't like to Hillary?
>>
>>29363462

Yeah so when Democrats call someone a moderate you should always assume they're a lefty.

>>29363617

I chuckled.
>>
>>29363334
You know, in the era of the American Revolution, any longarm/musket was considered a hand gun...because you carried it in your hands. If you talked about just huns that could mean ship mounted cannons or land artillery pieces.

Hand cannons were small bore cannons that you carried in your hands or carried on your shoulders.
Pistols are a seperate class of weapons according to old english.

So really the california handgun roster and other handgun regulation or bans should not affect pistols.
>>
>>29364017

Stop trying to use logic for antiguns.

>1934
>say a short barreled shotgun is not protected under second amendment because it's of no use to a militia
>2012
>say the AR, AK, etc are not protected under 2A because the amendment only applies to the NG and people dont need scary assault weapons

Precedent as it suits them. I want my goddam cake.
>>
he voted for en banc and that makes him a cockwallclimber in my eyes
I don't care if liberals want to argue "he never actually made a ruling or said anything!" if you're trying to get heller reheard fuck you you polesmoking analspelunker
>>
>>29363545
Not sure how old you are but those are some small hurdles
>>
>>29364187

>a short barreled shotgun is not protected under second amendment because it's of no use to a militia

... and then the masterkey happened.
>>
>>29363617
She was never found guilty of any crimes outside the court of right wing opinion
>>
File: 1211671438076.jpg (56KB, 432x288px) Image search: [Google]
1211671438076.jpg
56KB, 432x288px
>"W-we don't make funshops hold on to 4473s forever because we need them for a registry, b-baka!"
>>
This thread was moved to >>>/pol/68624427
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.