[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Got my tax refund in and am interested in my first firearm. A

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 56795678.png (549KB, 615x461px) Image search: [Google]
56795678.png
549KB, 615x461px
Got my tax refund in and am interested in my first firearm. A handgun specifically. Mostly for personal protection and worst case scenarios. Will not be carrying it normally.

I know absolutely nothing about guns. I am looking for something that is easy to use and very reliable. I want to bury this fucker in muddy sand for a week pull it out and not have it jam. Look to stay under $900

What do you recommend /k/?
>>
Obrez
>>
If you want it for protection what's the point if you don't carry daily?
>>
>>29357015
Home invasion or general havoc. Job doesn't permit weapons on location and I don't want to leave it in my car all the time.
>>
>>29356531
USP.. Nice big gun with plenty of room to grip, easy to aim and it comes in 9mm, .40 SW, .45 and even .357 sig. Not an HK shill, I'm just in love with mine
>>
Glock M67
>>
>>29356531
Step 1: go to your closest gun shop and see if they have an indoor gun range.

Step 2. Take one of their classes in gun safety and how to handle a gun.

Step 3. Test fire a few guns in their gun range to see which gun feel right in your hands and to see how your aim is.

Step 4.1 If your aim is pretty good with with a large caliber gun like a .357 or a .45

Step 4.2 If your aim is rather poor for with a gun that carried more rounds such as a .38. or 9mm.

Step 5. Talk with gunstore owner/employees to see which gun fits your criteria the best.
>>
>>29357060
>pistol
>home defense
Noooooooooope. Get yourself a nice rifle in an intermediate cartridge.
>>
>>29356531
Just get a fucking deagle.
>>
>bury this fucker in muddy sand for a week pull it out and not have it jam

I would suggest a glock of some sort

also maybe post late at night for the sake of more serious replies like >>29357087

most handguns that seem to fulfil your criteria will probably run you about $500

also between handgun calibres, .390, 9mm, .45 auto, .40 s&w will all likely be suggested to you, and all fulfil the same purpose about as well as eachother. ignore arguments about calibre, and choose what you think is best after maybe shooting them
>>
I just bought my first handgun with a similar criteria, op. I highly suggest trying a few out at a range. I also recommend spending less than $900 and investing in lots of ammo and shooting time, but it's your money and you should be able to get a pretty premium gun for that.

My top choices were 9mm for ammo availability and capacity. I was also looking for something medium sized, small enough to carry but not a pocket pistol. I considered glock, sig, h&k, fns, and s&w mostly, and after trying a lot I went with a sig p320 because it felt the best in my hand and was not too expensive. I also liked how simple they are internally, and how easy to clean it was. Not necessarily the right choice for you but I've been very happy. What ever you decide on, shoot it a lot.
>>
>>29357060

If you're looking for home defense, get yourself a 16" .223 carbine.
>>
>>29356531
Holy shit my dad and I used to have one of those pellet guns
>>
>>29357060
What do you do?

I work at a grocery store and an airport and CC every damn day.
>>
>>29356531
vp9
>>
File: f1glk19ngen4.jpg (113KB, 800x520px) Image search: [Google]
f1glk19ngen4.jpg
113KB, 800x520px
glock 19
>>
>>29357150
>.390
>>
Home invasion and martial law? Get a cheap ass shotgun and call it a day.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.