[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

general spookerator thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

File: 11.jpg (18KB, 326x240px) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
18KB, 326x240px
Is SAD SOG really as spooky as everyone thinks it is?
>>
>>29354076
Yes, very spooky. Here's a recent photo of them
>>
>>29354076
Probably just dudes. Worked with normal CIA and the dude was actually quite outgoing and liked stupid shit like Family Guy and whatnot.

You turn game face on and off, and sometimes it helps to have a non-spooky personality.

Most spookiest dudes are DOD civilians anyway.
>>
>>29354228
Why DOD civilians?
>>
File: AAKAAK.jpg (20KB, 237x213px) Image search: [Google]
AAKAAK.jpg
20KB, 237x213px
>>29354123
>>
Do you think it's true that they make themselves look dorky on purpose in order to be underestimated?
>>
>>29354232
Because nobody expects it.

DOD hires a lot of former SF, Delta, CIA, etc types for weird little job positions.
>>
>>29354242
>weird little job positions
Like what? I'm not trying to be a cunt, I'm just curious? I suppose you're not talking about DOD mallcops.
>>
>>29354254
JET advisors come to mind. As do other civilian advisor capacity roles. I tried googling and couldn't find them, surprisingly.

Even JIEDDO, while not super spooky on the spook-scale find their way into the field unexpectedly.

Everybody knows what the CIA is, nobody knows what some nonsense acronym stuffed in a DOD registry is. Good place to hide.
>>
>>29354274
>Jet Advisors is an aircraft owner advocate company, helping owners, sellers, & buyers find private jet solutions.

First thing I think about while reading about this is drugs and smuggling.
>>
>>29354285
Not that. JET is an acronym for something very generic which escapes me at the moment. They are all senior Special Forces/Special Operations/CIA types though.
>>
>>29354076
CIA SAD's mission statement is essentially just doing spooky illuminati-tier shit.
CIA operators are terrifying people, I met two or three of them when I was younger at family day when my parent worked at the hexagon. the biggest thing i remember was asking one of the guys what he did and with the coldest deadest eyes he told me he was the sandman and he put people to sleep at night.
granted, this was probably somewhere around '96, when the spooky shit was spookiest
>>
>>29354317
>I'm the sandman

Did this really happen, because that's not the kind of person I'd want to talk to my kids. Not going full tinfoil but I wonder if they catch children for rich guys and shit like that, or at least pull strings of ordinary henchmen.
>>
>>29354335
>>29354317
How it really went

>1996
>just graduated 11B
>get assigned to some bullshit detail at the pentagon
>at some gay potluck
>little kid asks me what I do
>no one is around
>"I'm the sandman"
>"I put people to sleep"
>realize what I just said
>hope he doesn't tell his parents
>>
>>29354335
If I remember right, he got redeployed overseeing some blackwater (or whatever they renamed the company) guys after 9/11, but yeah, it actually happened.
in my experience there's two types of people that work for the CIA/NSA/NRO: two-time divorcees on xanax with kids that hate them, and pathologically manic type A scary people.
>if they catch children for rich guys and shit like that
I doubt it, it's probably more along the lines of the vietnam SOG guys that led vietcong around with a bag over their head knocking on doors
>>29354360
that experience scarred me way less than seeing my granddad pissing downrange at a rifle range in colorado while we were changing targets and wondering how a man's balls could droop almost down to his knees
>>
>>29354360
Might as well be it. Been drafted to some european airborne unit and there were guys from some recon crap to oversee the training for a few months. One of the dudes I talked to said shit like "I know 1000 ways to kill people, you're lucky if I show you 1" more or less as a joke. Maybe the dude from above just had a dry sense of humour.
>>
>>29354381
>I doubt it, it's probably more along the lines of the vietnam SOG guys that led vietcong around with a bag over their head knocking on doors

I don't know man. The job seems to be pretty demanding physically so I'm not sure if retired SOF types would continue to do the same physical work themselves. I reckon if they do something it will be more relaxed physically.
>>
>>29354408
would SOF types even have the option to do a desk job?
I know a command sgt maj from the army, and he said he was lucky to get his sigint job but he still hates it
>>
>>29354383
I'd like to add. This was the stuff they said when some guy walked up to them and asked "aren't you from so and so? Heard you guys have to raise a dog and kill it" and then they would humour them for second.

Anyhow there was one case where I was talking to another I guy I knew to be part of said recon unit and another guy from my unit walked up and said "is it true your from [insert]" and he just lied to his face and said something harmless. Then the dude from my unit said something like "I knew it" and pissed off again.
>>
I'd love to tell you a spoopy story about them, but they said they'd murder me and everyone I love if I did
>>
File: lLN2Yc5.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
lLN2Yc5.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Did they rape him?
>>
>>29354423
I would guess so, but they might have to go to some school or shit like that. But even SOF types probably need coordination and those guys have clearances, contacts, and the experience.

This isn't SOF shit but when I served there were old grunts who basically had (?) to learn a trade in the twilight of their careers and ended up answering phones in some office. Or at least behind desks.

I might be talking shit.
>>
>>29354449
They did sent him to Detroit.
>>
>>29354465
>clearance
I forgot about this
private sector loves hiring people who already have clearances so they don't have to do the $20k 6mo process of getting someone one
>>
>>29354480
Makes sense.
>>
>thread about spoopy CIA stories
>not a single spoopy CIA story

spoopy
>>
>>29354473
God help him...
>>
>>29354076

Read Legacy of Ashes: The History of the CIA

tldr: they're a bunch of incompetent fuckups just like their bosses
>>
File: tCCXuD5.png (51KB, 176x217px) Image search: [Google]
tCCXuD5.png
51KB, 176x217px
>>29357800
they seemed to do pretty well in afghanistan
>>
>>29358771

If they're doing so well, why is the insurgency stronger than ever?
>>
>>29358913
because thats not the invasion and overthrow of the taliban govt that was in place at the time
>>
>>29358963

They have their rare success once every... well, once really. Being under unprecedented pressure to perform as well as unlimited budget and military support helps too.

Note that the pressure to deliver under the so-called war on terror is still strong but they haven't had any real successes since 2001.
>>
>>29359003
You probably cant blame them entirely for that. Its much "easier" to covertly invade and whip up a indigent fighting force rather than "stop all terrorism from happening all the time".
>>
>>29358771
They had a lot of huge fuck ups too. Like not inspecting prisoners for weapons. The incompetency is astonishing.
>>
>>29359043

"Stop all terrorism from happening all the time" isn't even their job, that's for the other fuckups at the CIA (and they are also failures, but that is another story).

Attempting covertly invade and whip up and indigent fighting force is precisely what the SAD failed miserably at all throughout the cold war.

You can read all about the thousands of Chinese and Koreans being haphazardly parachuted to their deaths or being turned into double agents. Then there's the Vietnam debacle where their operations were thoroughly infiltrated by the North. Do yourself a favor and read the book.
>>
>>29359105
>Do yourself a favor and read the book.
That's too hard. It's so much easier to read short comments on 4chan. That's where I get all my learnin'.
>>
Pretty sure my dad was a SAD operator (or something related). He could never talk about it, so I'm only speculating at this point ;_;
>>
>>29359105

They've also done a lot of shit you've never heard of.

And covertly invading and whipping an indegiunous fighting force is precisely what they did in Afghanistan with the northern alliance.
>>
>>29359003
>Note that the pressure to deliver under the so-called war on terror is still strong but they haven't had any real successes since 2001.

You are speculating.
>>
>>29359631
>They've also done a lot of shit you've never heard of

An interesting tidbit in that book is that it documents the efforts of the CIA brass to develop a reputation of omnipotence by using mystery and mystique, but when their cold war history is declassified, it turned out to be a litany of failures.

inb4 they only declassified failures and kept successes classified

>>29359644

While it is true that their recent endeavors remain secret, the fact remains that good covert actions require good intelligence to succeed. And good intelligence is something the CIA has consistently failed to deliver, in fact, the Iraq WMD dossier is arguably its biggest debacle since the end of the cold war.

Again, the CIA's biggest success is convincing people it is powerful and spooky.
>>
>>29359631
>And covertly invading and whipping an indegiunous fighting force is precisely what they did in Afghanistan with the northern alliance.

The only thing the CIA did was pay a bunch of warlords to fight for them. SF did all the training and fighting.
>>
>>29354228
You know you were interacting with a persona, right? That wasn't the real guy
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.