[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Army Chief to skip MHS in favor of buying Glock 19s

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 191
Thread images: 25

File: cliu1esady3twb6ipclq.jpg (663KB, 1200x798px) Image search: [Google]
cliu1esady3twb6ipclq.jpg
663KB, 1200x798px
The Glock 19 does it again!

>Milley recently asked the Army Special Operations Command’s G-8 office, which oversees fielding of equipment, if there is room for the Army to join its pistol contract to buy Glock 19s, according to a source who asked to remain anonymous because he is not authorized to speak to the media.

>USASOC is currently paying a base price of about $320 for each Glock 19, the source said. With that price, the Army would pay about $91.8 million if the service were to buy 287,000 pistols, the quantity requirement outlined in the MHS effort.

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2016/03/21/army-chief-eyeing-glock-pistol-as-services-next-sidearm.html
>>
>>29346726
best overall choice imo.
>>
>>29346726
Why didn't we just switch to Glocks in 1985?
>>
>not choosing the full size pistol

For what purpose?
>>
>>29346764
We have women and other people with small hands in the army.
>>
>>29346759
The gun was still relatively unproven back then.
>>
>>29346726

I can't wait for ND's to go up by 200% and glockshills to go full damage control
>>
>>29346726
As if our military wasn't in danger enough. Now they go putting them in harm's way for no good reason. It's even worse that we're the ones that foot the bill when they shoot off their foot.
>>
>>29346819
>>29346865
The SIG and 1911 fags are in full damage control
>>
>>29346881

The 1911 hasn't been the service pistol for decades, and why would sigfags care?
>>
>>29346764
It's a full size pistol with lacking capacity. Glocks make their guns with long barrels and short handles. Since the g19 has a 4" barrel yet a 15 round capacity one only has to put a 2 round extension floorplate on and it is essentially a full-size handgun.

If they had gone with the FN line like they damn well should have it would be a 4" barrel gun, same as the g19.
>>
I'm curious, why the 19? Why not the 17?
It's not like the military is gravely worried about concealment and size. Besides, is the grip width the same between the 19 and 17?
>>
Non-Glockfags on suicide watch. Have been committed to a mental institution and adjudicated mentally defective by a judge, barred from gun ownership.

Top kek.
>>
>>29346819
>>29346865
If you ever have a ND you are a complete retard. I've actually seen some Cav boys ND a M249 in Afghan
>>
>>29346926

News flash: A lot of people in the military are retarded
>>
>>29346726
Am I wrong thinking that his grip is shit?
>>
>>29346726
They already have grenades though.
>>
>>29346726
>$91.8 million if the service were to buy 287,000 pistols,
Fuck if I was a billionaire the yacht can go fuck its self I'm getting a quarter million glocks
>>
>>29346926
>If you ever have a ND you are a complete retard.
But anon we're talking about the army...

>>29346913
Because the 19 is a full-size handgun with a shorter grip. Glocks are always off balance, look at them. The g19 is a full size barrel gun with a short grip and the g17 is a full size grip gun with a fucklong barrel.

Plus our military makes bad decisions. At least it's not the g26.
>>
>>29346919
I was a major 92 fs whore because of when I was in the navy, but I shoot one of those glock brand glocks in a CAA conversions and enjoyed it.
>>
>no exterior safety
Glock 19M(ilitary) model with slide safety and grip safety and palm print safety when?
>>
>>29347106
Does our military have a big ND problem?
>>
File: glock3.jpg (54KB, 972x652px) Image search: [Google]
glock3.jpg
54KB, 972x652px
>>29346726
What you guys don't apparently know is that JSOC and related forces have been carrying the g17 and g19 into the field unofficially since not long after GWOT kicked off. Seriously, issued pistols have been collecting dust for well over a decade.
>>
File: 1436315441090.jpg (378KB, 1200x1137px) Image search: [Google]
1436315441090.jpg
378KB, 1200x1137px
>>29347198
This. It's the general trend, and everyone is hopping on the bandwagon. Delta and SF have been using Glocks for forever, and MARSOC has been using them mostly along with the occasional 1911 and M9. Even the SEALs with their P226s and HK45s have announced that they're going to switch over to the G19 because it simplifies their supply chains, and the G19 does everything they need it to.
>>
File: Mark_Miley_Army_Chief_of_Staff.jpg (154KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Mark_Miley_Army_Chief_of_Staff.jpg
154KB, 800x1000px
What's more impressive about this is that Gen. Milley is doing this in part to cut through the red tape and actually get new equipment issued cheaply and quickly.

Pretty based.
>>
>>29346971

haha nice meme friend!
>>
File: 1452961571320.jpg (17KB, 378x379px) Image search: [Google]
1452961571320.jpg
17KB, 378x379px
>>29347159
>bunch of idiots with guns

I don't know you tell me
>>
>>29346926
Go to bed Gaston
>>
>>29346726
Fine for SF, awful fucking choice for general issue - unless they order ones with thumb safeties. Even then, there's the issue of having to pull the trigger to disassemble.

You seriously think the rate of NDs among the 18-22 year old retards carrying these things wouldn't increase?
>>
>>29347017
The grip is the hardest part to conceal. And it's hard to complain about barrel length. How is more not better
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (62KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
62KB, 1280x720px
Maybe if you took your time to properly train your soldiers on basic loading and unloading you can prevent that. We carry our M9 on fire and a round in the chamber. I just don't get why this concept is so damn hard
>>
>>29348192
This isn't meant to be a concealment weapon but a duty weapon.

A longer barrel can mean getting hung up on the holster when drawing under stress. Generally for a defensive handgun you want a shorter barrel and offensive you want longer. ~4" is a good in between.
>>
>>29348213
Because they teach them to holster the m9 with their thumb on the hammer. Strikers don't have hammers so there's no safe way to holster without a manual safety.

For someone that doesn't understand why people don't get certain concepts, you don't get the concept of a safety.
>>
>>29347362
Hooray!
>>
Strange that they chose a gun without a manual saftey but whatever.
>>
>>29348345
>A longer barrel can mean getting hung up on the holster when drawing under stress

a shorter barrel would mean lower accuracy and greater recoil force. you could modify the holster to keep it from snagging on the barrel by carving a deep V.
>>
>>29348402
Only thing you really have going for you is longer distance between sights. I promise you that there's never going to be a shot that some welfare queen qualifying missed that would have been a hit if it were a longer barrel.

if hickock can make 80m shots with a 26 then I am quite confident the 19 will not be the limiting factor, but user skill.
>>
>>29346726
>>USASOC is currently paying a base price of about $320 for each Glock 19, the source said. With that price, the Army would pay about $91.8 million if the service were to buy 287,000 pistols, the quantity requirement outlined in the MHS effort.

Don't you think they get a small bulk discount with an order like that?
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (15KB, 788x340px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
15KB, 788x340px
>>29348402
You're right they should all just carry these longbarrel deagles

My point is there's a sweet spot, both the 17 & 19 are within it and the differences are marginal.
>>
>>29346926
>cav boys NDing
>implying they aren't too SOF Tier -1 for that.

Don't let those Delta POGs spread their lies.
>>
>>29347198
>mfw when people have bee buying "special forces" pistols for the cool factor
>they used glocks all along
>>
>>29346780
And a handheld xbox controller changes anything?
>>
This has to be some sort of espionage, who wants their own military legging themselves?
>>
Hopefully glock will get their shits together and offer a military model with a manual safety. They'd probably have more than a few mil contracts already if they did that. Instead their sales rely entirely on releasing the same thing in a different size/caliber every year.
>>
whats the point of a pistol in the army?
>>
>>29348648
For officers to execute people with style.
>>
>>29348593
Who gives a shit about a manual safety on a DAO design? It's completely pointless.
>>
>>29348686
Because it isn't really DAO, not the way a hammer-fired gun or even a Kahr is. Lighter and much shorter pull.
>>
>>29348648
It should be for guys like weapon crews who shouldn't have to carry a rifle along with a launcher or machine gun. What they're really for is officers who are too lazy to carry rifles
>>
>>29348777
Autistic trips

>>29348648
A self-defense weapon.
For pilots, tankers, arty officers, special forces who need redundency, drivers, etc. I'd imagine medics.
>>
>>29346926
I remember hearing about somebody NDing the cannon of an Abrams overseas once at base
>>
File: Absolutely_e9fe83_5483429.jpg (83KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Absolutely_e9fe83_5483429.jpg
83KB, 600x450px
>>29348364
Are you completely mental? I've carried one for almost 11 years on fire and a round in the chamber with no issues. That sounds like a piss poor excuse. When did commonsense became so rare in the .MIL?
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 1885x1060px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 1885x1060px
Mk26 >>> your shit gun
>>
>>29346926
I've seem a TOW missle get Nd. Faggots.
>>
I witnessed two NDs at Camp Taji Iraq, back in 2005.

contractors somehow walked into the mess halls with their glocks still loaded and chambered. they were finger fucking their glocks while standing in line to get food. luckily, both times they only shot the floor and no one got hit by ricochet or floor shrapnel.
>>
As a person who owns a G23 and doesnt hate Glocks, I find it repulsive that the Army couldnt go with a full American company.

Then I realized that the only gun that would probably even be in the running and qualify as full American is the S&W M&P.

Thats fucking sad...

That M9 A3 sure is sexy though...
>>
>>29348862
Holy fuck green text that shit
>>
>>29348593
How fucking retarded are you people?

The original fucking Glock 17 was a "military model" designed entirely to fulfill Austrian military requirements. And for the last 30 years Austrian conscripts have happily used it.

And if you're going to go "HURR THE AMERICAN MILITARY IS DIFFERENT!" does no one remember the P226 came so close to winning US Army trials people still whine about it today, without a safety?
>>
>>29348777

if you can figure out a way to get a M4 in a fighter jet cockpit and make it through ejection, then please do. until then i'll have to make do with a pistol.
>>
>>29346726
Springfield 1903 cost 23$ to make and was alot better, step up your game glock.
>>
>Instead of having a pointless trial between polymer striker fired guns that are all the same anyway, let's just expand on what SOF is using and get a good deal in the process

Is this an April Fools' story posted early or did a bout of sanity break out in the Army?
>>
>>29349073
>And if you're going to go "HURR THE AMERICAN MILITARY IS DIFFERENT!" does no one remember the P226 came so close to winning US Army trials people still whine about it today, without a safety?
Because the Glock's trigger + takedown method and the DA/SA SIG's are so fucking identical...right?
>>
>>29349142
Don't worry
soon the news will break that they will all be required to come standard with slide safeties or some shit
>>
File: Surprised Clown.jpg (76KB, 660x576px) Image search: [Google]
Surprised Clown.jpg
76KB, 660x576px
>>29346985
Thank you for the hearty chuckle, friend!
>>
>>29348364

So...you think it's impossible to holster a glock safely and you don't understand the concept of a sidearm and why manual safeties are pointless on them.

Maybe hold off on lecturing other people until you gain some experience.
>>
>>29348648
If we really move to g19, Id like to see all combat arms issued 1 with 2 or 3 magazines. Redundancy really does help, and I'd imagine tankers and mechanized would love them
>>
>>29346904
Sigfag here, can confirm on not giving a shit. I'd prefer they didn't spend my dollars giving grunts sigs. I would have preferred they went with the m&p though.
>>
>>29346726
is that a motherfucking casio pathfinder?
>>
>>29347198

Is that just because they;re smaller than the M9's or what?
>>
>>29349150
No, they're not identical. The Glock is much more successful, hence why Sig is not offering a DA/SA gun for Army trials.

But you've now demonstrated you're just going to move your goal posts "oh actually it's not about having a safety, it's about having a light trigger!" Which you will do in every post, so there is no point in responding to you anymore.
>>
>>29349209
>they went with the m&p though.

Have you ever field stripped one? My 92FS is piss easy to strip. My friend's full-size M&P? Not nearly as easy.
>>
How long till we see a MEU Glocks in a multiglam finish?
>>
>>29349214
Smaller, lighter, more reliable, take your pick.
>>
>>29349214
G17 is more or less the same size
it's probably because the M9s they have access to are a decade old and have been abused like a willful Pakistani woman. lockup isn't that great and they need lots of lube to function.
>>
>>29349237

>lighter
>good
???
>>
>>29349261
So not only are you completely ignorant of military needs (hint: equipment weight is a massive fucking problem where every once counts) but you've never done something as simple as go hiking for a day and found out why weight matters to yourself? Yes, lighter is fucking better.
>>
>>29349294
>muh ounces!
I'd rather carry 8 more ounces then have to deal with increased muzzle flip and limp wrist malfunctions.
>>
File: 6-HOT-LOADS.png (160KB, 622x430px) Image search: [Google]
6-HOT-LOADS.png
160KB, 622x430px
>>29349309
>actually using the pistol
>>
>>29349322

If you're not going to use it, then just ditch it to save more precious ounces.
>>
>>29349309

>I'd rather carry a heavier something that I'm literally never going to fucking need

The Glock is the perfect hip hanger for Officer and SNCOs, which is exactly what handguns in the military are.

>Muzzle flip
>9mm

Try to not be a bitch?
>>
>>29349309
So not only have you never been in any situation where you've had to carry a lot of weight for long periods of time to understand why yes, ounces do matter, but you've never fired a firearm, and hence think if you go from a M9 to a Glock you're going to get MORE malfunctions because of fucking limp wristing, and think its too light to handle the recoil of a 9mm.

This entire fucking thread is youtube comment quality. The only thing missing is the retard saying "JUST GO BACK TO THE 1911 IT'S DAH BEST."

But actually I agree with you completely. So the M9 should actually be replaced anyway, because it's got aluminum, where you could be using steel and get even more weight!
>>
>>29349341

If you're "literally never going to fucking need" then why not just not carry it at all, since saving half a pound is so important to you?

>Try to not be a bitch?
says the person complaining about carrying a few more ounces
>>
File: glock legs.jpg (41KB, 360x240px) Image search: [Google]
glock legs.jpg
41KB, 360x240px
>>
>>29349357
Because the brass wants the officer to be armed for a litany of reasons, like committing war crimes and executing uppity conscripts

shit you can't leave to a rifleman
>>
>>29349349

>and hence think if you go from a M9 to a Glock you're going to get MORE malfunctions because of fucking limp wristing, and think its too light to handle the recoil of a 9mm.
You will get more malfunctions due to limpwristing.
I don't think it's even possible to limpwrist an M9
>>
>>29349382
The M9s they have are so shot out, you're going to get malfunctions no matter how you hold it
they're cooked, man
>>
>>29349380

So is it something you are "literally never going to fucking need",
or something you will sometimes need?

If the former, then save more ounces and don't bring one.
If the latter, why does 6 ounces matter at the cost of performance?
>>
>>29349382
>I don't think it's even possible to limpwrist an M9
Every single post just demonstrates more and more of your own ignorance about everything.

I'm out of here. This thread is just proof this entire board needs to fucking started over. A US General says the most intelligent thing about procurement since they figured out maybe they should actually get around to buying a repeating rifle, and everyone in this thread is a complete retard.
>>
>>29349403
>why does 6 ounces matter at the cost of performance?
that's the thing
there's not really any sacrifice in performance
>>
>>29349357

Most people in the military would rather not carry a fucking handgun. The only people who want to carry a handgun are the 1% that might ever have an actual combat need for it, I'm talking Group/CAG types, and people who don't want to carry an M16 or M4.

I never wanted an M9 when I was an M240 gunner. Especially since I still had an individual weapon in the form of an M4. The ONLY people who want handguns in the military are SNCOs and >Company level officers who don't want to carry a rifle. The Glock is the ultimate handgun for the military. It's lightweight, idiot proof, super easy to service, durable, and LCD.

And yes, 8 Oz is a lot when you total up all the other shit you need to carry. My telling you to not be a bitch has more to do with complaining about 9mm recoil in any capacity. You're a fucking pussy boy if you complain about any 9mm recoil in any gun.
>>
>>29349397

Sure, but that's not a positive argument for selecting the Glock 19 based on it being a few ounces lighter.
>>
>>29349380
What about on bases where everyone's barred from carrying weapons and a Muslim traitor can walk through with his 5.7 executing people at random? It would have been useful for some of those officers to be armed.
>>
>>29349403

>Sacrifice in performance

Lighter weight is much better than some bullshit performance increase that's completely in your head. Fuck handguns anyway no one wants extra weight and they're a pain in the ass to carry, rubbing on your leg or hip or taking up space on your rig.
>>
>>29349237
>more reliable
Kek'd
>>
>>29349411

You keep saying "lighter" as if its a good thing, but it only increases muzzle flip and introduces limpwrist malfunctions for a weight saving you literally will not be able to notice.

>And yes, 8 Oz is a lot when you total up all the other shit you need to carry.
100 pounds vs 100 pounds 8 oz
Literally indistinguishable.

>My telling you to not be a bitch has more to do with complaining about 9mm recoil in any capacity. You're a fucking pussy boy if you complain about any 9mm recoil in any gun.
Once again, you're calling me a pussy while complaining about a few ounces of weight.
Excuse me for wanting a pistol that performs better.
>>
I love mine
>>
>>29349441

So you're saying that I just now invented the concepts of limpwrist malfunctions and recoil being affected by weight?
Nice argument.
>>
>>29349454

Let me flowchart this for you, because you're an illiterate faggot

>Do you own a 9mm?

If yes, continue, if no stop.

>Do you think that the weight, broe axis, or any other bullshit affects your shooting more than you being a little faggot does?

If yes, kill yourself, if no, continue.

And you've obviously never packed gear a day in y our fucking life or humped a combat load. You would know that "LOL DUDZE IT JUST 8 OUNCES" adds up real fucking quick. Or that's 8 ounces of something a thousand times more useful that MUH SMOOTH SHOOTING HANDGUN GUIZE MUH RECOIL IMPULSE IN UHH 9MM

You're fucking stupid. The Glock is the best thing to happen to the military since 5.56. Stop talking, cunt.
>>
>>29349454
>but it only increases muzzle flip
So clearly we should put lead shot into pistols because even though people are completely fine shooting 9mm pistols even lighter than a Glock 19

>and introduces limpwrist malfunctions
What the fuck do mean "introduces"? You can limp wrist a M9. You can limp wrist an all steel 1911 with a big fat fucking rail added on.

Go ahead and provide a shread of evidence that 33 ounces is the perfect weight for a pistol and reducing that makes muzzle flip and limpwristing intolerable.

>100 pounds vs 100 pounds 8 oz
>Literally indistinguishable.

Never mind. You're so fucking stupid you don't understand that weight savings add up, so even if one thing you're carrying seems like a small amount, if you do it on everything it matters. Seriously theses are concepts children can grasp.
>>
>>29349225
The M&P is very easy to field strip.
>>
>>29349477
So again, clearly the M9 should be made heavier right?

Again, demonstrate with actual evidence how much worse the muzzle flip and malfunctions are with a Glock 19 verus a M9. I'll wait.
>>
>>29349516
>>29349513

Could you have made smaefagging on a phone any more obvious?
>>
>>29349543
>Everyone who disagrees with me is the same person!

Fine, every single post in this thread except yours is mine. But I asked you to provide a shred of evidence and you didn't. And you won't.
>>
>>29349513

>And you've obviously never packed gear a day in y our fucking life or humped a combat load.
Wrong.
Besides, ruck marches are fucking easy.

>You would know that "LOL DUDZE IT JUST 8 OUNCES" adds up real fucking quick.
No it literally doesn't.
It's 100 pounds at 8 oz vs 100 pounds. No human being on earth could tell the difference.

>Or that's 8 ounces of something a thousand times more useful that MUH SMOOTH SHOOTING HANDGUN GUIZE MUH RECOIL IMPULSE IN UHH 9MM
If handgun performance is so useless, then why even bother replacing the M9 at all?

>>29349516

>So clearly we should put lead shot into pistols because even though people are completely fine shooting 9mm pistols even lighter than a Glock 19
Go shoot a subcompact and then shoot a CZ or something.
Then get mad that basic physics is against you.

>You can limp wrist a M9. You can limp wrist an all steel 1911 with a big fat fucking rail added on.
Provide proof.
>>
>>29349349
JUST GO BACK TO THE 1911 IT'S DAH BEST!
>>
>>29349538

>So again, clearly the M9 should be made heavier right?
If having a pistol that performs better is important to you, then yes.

>Again, demonstrate with actual evidence how much worse the muzzle flip and malfunctions are with a Glock 19 verus a M9. I'll wait.
>>explain to me basic physics and why Glocks have limp wrist malfunctions and other don't.

Fine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_Uqtz2asE4
>>
>>29349576

>then why even bother replacing the M9 at all?

This is an excellent question and likely has to do with Glock being able to provide the entire package, to include training, logistics, parts, and what have you at a lower cost vs the M9.
>>
>>29349454
>better pistol
So... You think the M9 is better ?
Hey everybody, get a load of this faggot
>>
>>29349576
>Then get mad that basic physics is against you.
Again, please provide evidence why 33 ounces is the perfect weight and not 35, or 40.

>Provide proof.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nz_IMs6nIZg
No rail though, oops. I guess I lose.
>>
>>29349602
No, I asked you for actual quantification. As in you can measure the weights, and we know those. You can also measure failure rates, and even muzzle climb if you want. You AGAIN failed to do so.
>>
>>29349602
>If having a pistol that performs better is important to you, then yes.
So please post an image of your customized heavyweight carry gun. Since after all you've already demonstrated mere ounces doesn't matter to a tough guy like you, you must have one, right?

And this'll be my last post i'm afraid unless you respond to this post with a time coded image of said firearm.
>>
>>29346957
Well he is doing it with the wrong hand.
>>
>>29349707
Hey man. That kid clearly has no clue. Don't worry about it.
>>
>>29346726
are they then going to be produced in Austria, or the US?
>>
File: 1452632718178.jpg (54KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1452632718178.jpg
54KB, 500x500px
>surplus M9s
>cheap, sturdy, plentiful pistols to tinker endlessly with
>bubba'd and/or beautified M9s

Can the M9 handle the fanciest of +P 9mm? It should be able to for the weight.
>>
>>29349996
A Beretta will handle most any +P. The problem is
A. we won't get surplus M9s, and
2. these pistols are pretty much ded. pretty much smoothbore these days
>>
File: battlekat.gif (1MB, 280x196px) Image search: [Google]
battlekat.gif
1MB, 280x196px
>>29349996
>we won't get surplus M9s
Fuck you, you're lion.
>>
File: tumblr_mgrzo8N6F91qznvi3o1_500.jpg (54KB, 500x312px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mgrzo8N6F91qznvi3o1_500.jpg
54KB, 500x312px
>>29346726
Why are people acting like this is set in stone? It's just a general acting up.
>"lolol fuck procurement, amirite guise?"
Meanwhile everyone and their grandma takes a swig of beer, gasps and gives off a guttural "damn straight!"

No.

The only thing wrong with procurement in regard to trials is political bias. This situation is very much one of political pressure intended to create bias, in case you didn't notice.
>>
>>29350026
>A and 2
fuck you
>>
>>29350076
meant for
>>29350026
>>
>>29350076
They're going to sit in storage for the next 40 years, like the 1911s. when the Glocks and whatever else are replaced, maybe the M9sd get out. If we have an Obama type character, they'll get turned into scrap to curb gang violence.
>>
>>29350110
Stop.
>>
File: 1428723150627.jpg (230KB, 2197x1463px) Image search: [Google]
1428723150627.jpg
230KB, 2197x1463px
>Cops can handle Glocks
>The military can't
>>
>>29346726
Good. Better late than never.
>>
>>29350149
Don't they use ten pound triggers?
>>
File: 1431520358876.gif (974KB, 200x165px) Image search: [Google]
1431520358876.gif
974KB, 200x165px
>>29347362
>CIB
>long tab
>salt tab
>SCUBA
>Jumpmaster
>and then some

This guy knows what's up.
>>
>>29346926
>>29346926
The M249's well known "half-locked" sear problem causes many of the NDs reported with it.
Wear damages the contact surface on the sear. There is a specific chamfer on the sear that get worn away from abusive cleaning or plan getting clapped out from use. Once this chamfer becomes a fillet, fillet meaning a rounded surface, the weapon is unsafe.

The reason the these get categorized as NDs is that brainwashed NCOs to Flag Officers can not understand that weapons get clapped out or Pvt Schmuckatelli actually had hius finger off the trigger.

This tendency for the sear to fail has been known since 2003, but some commands refuse to acknowledge that what they call "clean enough" requires abusive cleaning of small arms.
It is just like what happened to the 1st Marine division in 2005 when they started having serial NDs from thier new M16A4s, no one fucking believed the dozens of regular Marines that had ND's had thier fingers off the trigger and thier weapons on safe, but once a fucking Flag Officer had one, lo and behold, someone checked the firing pins and they were a couple thousands of an inch too long.
The Marines were going condition one outside the wire, and FN's firing pins were just long and heavy enough to fire overcome the spring constant and set the primer off.

There are idiots everywhere, but sometimes it is just shit equipment. The switch to the HK piston in part because the Corps had quitely had enough of FN's shit quality control on open bolt guns.
>>
>>29350370
Only in Jew York.
>>
File: i8hilQc.png (143KB, 672x434px) Image search: [Google]
i8hilQc.png
143KB, 672x434px
post yfw you will be able to buy Glock 19s with "US Government Property" stamped into them as surplus in 40 years
>>
File: 1410798780800.png (356KB, 572x380px) Image search: [Google]
1410798780800.png
356KB, 572x380px
>>29350418
>40 years
>>
File: wtf.gif (2MB, 360x215px) Image search: [Google]
wtf.gif
2MB, 360x215px
>>29347362
Holy shit, that guy has a fucking junk yard on his chest.
>>
>>29349073
Sigs have a hammer and decocker. You decock, put your thumb behind the safety and holster. This is what they do with the m9 currently, they don't engage the safety while it's holstered.

Safeties are not a substitute for trigger discipline, their purpose is to safely holster the weapon, pick it up from a surface safely, or act as a momentary fail safe if someone grabs your gun.
>>
As a former infantryman of 7 years, it is astounding to me that people still have a problem with pulling a trigger before disassembly.

NEVER disassemble a loaded weapon.

ALWAYS press check your weapon when picking it up.

HOW is that not common knowledge.
>>
>>29350491
>as a former infantryman

Stopped reading there, I could give no fucks about some dumb welfare cucks views on weapons safety.
>>
>>29349182
Ok let's put it this way. You say holstering a glock is "completely" safe.

Let's just say hypothetically the trigger of your glock brand perfection is now the trigger to a nuke. If it goes off negligently it fires a nuke toward Russia or China. So if that trigger gets pulled, you have mutually assured destruction. Would you still be adamant about not having a safety?

Keep in mind if this were the case the world would face a nuclear apocalypse on over a hundred occasions each year, just by glock brand glocks in the US alone.

This is a deadly weapon we're talking about, it should NOT go 0 to destroy-anything-in-its-path with such little effort. Fucking train properly and stop putting yourself and others in danger, because it's not just you that could be affected but those around you.
>>
>>29350530

>This faggot will shoot himself one day
>>
File: image.png (477KB, 492x475px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
477KB, 492x475px
>>29350418
>>
>>29350378
CIB with a star. Fucker got two CIBs.
Gulf war 1 & 2?
>>
Good luck, it will get stopped by Congress, just like the XM8.
>>
>>29350418
nope.

Thanks to Clinton, they just throw surplus weapons into the wood chipper. If they don't sell them to LEO, foreign nations, or they go to the latest "moderate rebel".
>>
File: Brendan_fraser_at_cannes_2015.jpg (31KB, 456x320px) Image search: [Google]
Brendan_fraser_at_cannes_2015.jpg
31KB, 456x320px
>>29350754
>>
>>29349225
You must be fucking retarded, I can field strip my M&P eyes closed no problem
>>
>>29350802
plus there is the Hughes problem and the ATF.

ATF won't allow even weapons converted to semi auto to be sold. receivers and barrels would have to be replaced.

of course UN and democrats' hard on for "arms trafficking" means even parts would get destroyed. can't sell M14 parts. less Mohammed or Mubage gets it.
>>
>>29348976
Fucking seconded
>>
>>29350851
Glocks are semi auto, M9s too.

Why are you all so dead set that we won't see either as direct surplus? Is this a fucking meme?
>>
>>29348951
>M9 A3 sure is sexy though
I hate that tan gimmick.
>>
>>29350530
People with dumb views say cuck constantly on 4chan.
>>
>>29350579
>comparing an ND to a nuke
Good Jaab.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (11KB, 291x173px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
11KB, 291x173px
>>29350381
CAV in full damage control
>>
Whew, glad I got out before I was issued one.
>>
>>29350579

That's a terrible comparison because some dude blowing a hole in his own ass is in no way comparable to accidentally murdering tens of millions of innocent people who are protected by a state that will kill tens of millions of your own neighbors in retaliation.

If anything, Glock Leg is a self-correcting problem.
>>
>>29349476

>two tone

I erect my benis
>>
>>29346926
I've heard of someone nd a mini gun in Afghanistan
>>
>>29353901

As a muhreen I've seen many ND their dicks in their fellow teammates.
>>
Whatll it be called? The M19
>>
>>29353731
>>29353816
Didn't answer my question. Would YOU risk it in all your perfection and knowledge in firearms training?

If no, then you acknowledge there isn't a 0% chance of it happening. You already know there isn't. The thing about people like you is they think they're perfect until they slip up. Travis Hailey just had an ND on camera... James Yeager and Hickok have had multiple ND's. Yours is coming.
>>
Am I the only person who'd be all over an actual "DAO" Glock or M&P? Something akin to a Kahr or maybe the German police version of the VP9? I understand the reasoning behind having no safeties on a carry gun, but wouldn't want to pack a normal striker pistol without one myself.
>>
>>29349349
What about a polymer 1911? :^)
>>
You fuckers realize this is much the same way we got UCP camo, right?
>Canadians made some cool new digital camo
>M81 never worked anyway, time to upgrade
>Let's test some patterns with these colors
>How about we develop one pattern for every environment and use colors that work okay in a brushstroke configuration
>Some of this stuff worked okay, now let's examine how-
>NOPE too expensive now we're gonna use the Canadians' camo screen combined with these shitty colors without any testing just cause these are the colors we used in the earlier testing and this is C H E A P E R
>Muhreens can use DCU colors and M81 colors on the Canadians' camo screens, no testing for them either
The scientific method is there for a reason, that's all I'm saying. God forbid there's a pistol that's more capable than the G19. Imagine if we'd gone with the 'proven' Luger in 1911 instead of Browning's design, which by the way, was plagued with problems in previous iterations.
>>
>>29354811
Actually I take it back, the G19 will probably work perfectly fine, it's just a pistol after all. But I see the P320 winning the MHS easily, and that seems to simplify logistics cause with the trigger group being replaceable, maintenance might be easier. I don't know that for a fact, though. But I would think /k/ would be more excited for the trials, cause it means new technology for the civilian market.
>>
>>29354829
>with the trigger group being replaceable, maintenance might be easier.
Detail stripping a P320 is actually very tricky. You can train a chimpanzee to detail strip a Glock.
>>
>>29350579
Hmm, well if it is now a nuke for some reason. One manual safety still would creep me out. I'd want like 50-100 safeties, because it's a god damned nuke.

Your comparison is shite, I know you think it was profound. It was just dumb. Altering the facts of what a machine/tool does, so that others agree with your new version of reality shows you are grasping at straws. The two are completely different. You may as well compare a phone pole to a yacht. Retard.
>>
>>29349410

>shorter sight radius
>smaller magazine capacity
>more muzzle flip
>less muzzle velocity
>>
>>29354400
>implying having an external safety ensures 0% overall negligence
>>
>>29346926
MK48's are extremely easy to ND
>>
>>29356196
>Implying that's what was being implied
>>
>>29349415
The thing is, the M9s are worn out and need replacing. Its not the same replacing something you only bought 5 years ago. While I agree that the M9A3 would make sense, so does switching to G19s. Id like to make the external safeties a big deal too, but the truth is guys manage to Nd with externals, LCI and DA/SA M9s and everything else in the inventory.
>>
>>29349996
Those M9s have had 3 decades of NATO spec ammo poured through them with God knows what kind of maintenance. You wouldn't want one unless it's one of the last production runs or it's just lived on base in storage for 10 years
>>
>>29356191
Identical capacity as issued and the block sits lower in the hand making it very easy to control. And while the sight radius could be a factor the fact that the mil wants new sights anyway remedies that. The ammo itself if already +p which does fine in a 4" barrel. I'm a massive Beretta fanboy but a G19 would be a solid choice. Both have won competitions and contracts, both get carried as duty and cc guns, both have proven records and aftermarket.
>>
>>29353867
haha yeah man i went to the shop with a glock 26 on my mind. they didn't have it but they had this 19 and i fell in love with it at first sight.
>>
>>29349407
I feel your pain. Godspeed anon
>>
>>29348463
maybe the 18 would be a sweet spot between them or at least it should be as 18 is between 17 and 19

>1200 rpm
>>
>>29354711
Same its the only reason I'm not getting the g43.
>>
>>29346726
Gen 3 or Gen 4 ?
>>
>>29348460

Considering "magic government pricing", I'd say $320 is a fucking miracle.

Magic Milley is based
>>
>>29348900

that's fucking hilarious
>>
>>29346764
Low profile guys can conceal it and if you need more capacity just buy a Glock 17 mag.
>>
>>29346912
As someone who hasnt been keeping up with this and hasnt ever been in the military, which FN, and why should they have chosen it over the glock?
>>
>>29353381

There have been piles of M9s that have already been retired from service - they haven't been sold as surplus. Surplus sales were a brief reality during the 40's and 50's, it'll never happen again.
>>
>>29358090

Not even a whole mag, a baseplate mod would do it.
>>
>>29346736
think about all the female soldiers and mouth breathers who are going to OD into their leg and collect medical retirement benefits for the rest of their life :^(
>>
>>29349322
gtfo of here drill instructorfag
>>
>>29358508
oh he's most certainly drilling someone
>>
>>29346926
Scouts really? I was a fucking scout and the saw was easy to learn
>>
>>29358493
Honestly that's the best thing for them.
>>
>>29353466
This, fucking this.
>>
>>29359357
Not the best thing for my pocket tho. Is this the kind of shit you want tax dollars and Wounded Warrior money going towards? Retards with a case of Glockleg?
>>
>>29350530
>I was rejected at MEPS and will be eternally bitter about it: the post
>>
File: FNX-9.jpg (749KB, 3255x1831px) Image search: [Google]
FNX-9.jpg
749KB, 3255x1831px
>>29358134
The FNX-9, the FNS is striker so it would have a new manual of arms to learn.

Fully ambi so lefties can use it effectively, has a more military feel to it (better grip), more features (full attachment rail, safety, decocker), metal sights and metal mags. There's even subtle things in the design that make it more user friendly, like the slide cutout for racking and the lipped mag for better grip on the draw. FN makes quality shit, Glock was meant to be cheap originally and they never really updated the design since then (other companies had to do it for them).
>>
>>29360770
>FN makes quality shit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdTsFB1ejo8
>>
>>29360866
Here let me pull up the hundreds of defective glock videos... Do I really need to bring up the glocknade fiasco?
Thread posts: 191
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.