[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Important happenings that impact the firearms community

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 11

File: image.jpg (755KB, 2340x2369px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
755KB, 2340x2369px
So here is the scoop: (simplified a bit)
In 2011 a woman in MA used a stun gun to defend herself from an abusive boyfriend. She was arrested and charged with possessing a stun gun. The case went the MA Supreme Court, where they ruled that stun guns are not protected under the 2nd amendment, as they did not exist at the time of the writing of the constitution.

Fast forward to today, and the Federal Supreme Court has ruled that the MA Court dun goofed and should reconsider their ruling - as in, they need to pick a different argument for their own ruling, which can be then appealed as well.
Read here: http://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/15pdf/14-10078_aplc.pdf

This is a unanimous but unsigned decision by the SCOTUS, but Alito did share some interesting words (even thought they are unbinding): he says that:
-almost all weapons are dangerous, so the "dangerous and unusual" phrase is bogus
-weapons do not have to be used in war to be protected under the 2nd (so the SBS issue that plagued Heller is bogus)
-The individual right to bear arms prevents tyranny etc etc etc
-phased plasma rifles in the 40 watt range will be protected if they are invented; the advance of technology goes along with what is defined as an "arm"

In all, the unanimous and highly pro-gun nature of this ruling, even though it doesn't change anything this instant, opens a broad path towards removing the NFA, GCA, Hughes, etc.

Moreover, the lawyer in Hollis v Lynch will likely use this ruling in his arguments to great effect.

To conclude, this ruling will be very important in the near future as various gun related issues work their way up to the higher courts. So please take a minute of your time and read the ruling - we should all be informed when it comes to these matters.
>>
>>29335903
Holy fuck, should I start getting my hopes up for Hollis vs Lynch? This is awesome to hear they said these things.

The implications are awesome to hear
>>
File: smug dog.jpg (533KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
smug dog.jpg
533KB, 3264x2448px
>>29335933
>should I start getting my hopes up
What do you think?
>>
>>29335946
It's never too late.
>>
>>29335903
> NFA: sbr/sbs, silencers, AOWs stamps
> GCA: imports
> Hughes: closed machine gun registry

is that right?
>>
>>29336413
GCA is a bit of a stretch, as congress can regulate commerce. I can imagine that regulating certain guns over others when it comes to importation could be an issue though.
>>
They didn't reverse it, they just sent it back to the state to look at it again.
>>
>>29335933
>>29336413
>>29336366
Our only hope is someone takes the 4 antigun judges to a machine gun range and converts them once they learn to love it but get angry once they learn they can't buy one thanks to those stupid laws.

Or some robber mugs their house and said judge shoots the robber.
>>
>>29336413
you forgot Reagansmash, Clintdog and BushSrmasters import restrictions
>>
Top jej

Libcucks have literally painted themselves into a corner.

Muh anti gun
Muh gun control
Mah oppression

And when it all comes crashing down it is literally by their own hand what a bunch of fucking morons
>>
FREEDOM OF THE PRESS ONLY APPLIES TO GUTENBERG PRESSES

FREEDOM OF SPEECH ONLY APPLIES TO OLD ENGLISH

FREEDOM OF RELIGION ONLY APPLIES TO RELIGIONS BEFORE THE BILL OF RIGHTS WAS WRITTEN

FLYING SPAGHETTI FAGS BTFO
>>
>>29336676
First: watch the buzzfeed video where they take Liberals shooting.
Second: they are supreme court judges, not only can the afford preban machine guns but Im sure the ATF would approve their form 1 to make new ones.
>>
>>29336747
desu senpai, if your religion is newer than the Bill of Rights, I think you may have a problem
>>
>>29336757
The one where the only attractive female involved ended up liking the guns and was manlier than any of the "men" who went?
>>
>>29336766
my main religious document is the Bill of Rights though
>>
File: 5 stages of wut.webm (1MB, 450x472px) Image search: [Google]
5 stages of wut.webm
1MB, 450x472px
>>29335903
>stun guns are not protected under the 2nd amendment, as they did not exist at the time of the writing of the constitution.

This is the stupidest thing I've ever read from a court.
>>
>>29337013
Thus the 8-0 ruling from SCOTUS.

I wonder what their new justification will be? And how many times will SCOTUS slap it down for re-ruling befor they get fed up and actually consider it as a full case?

Furthermore, I can se SCOTUS judges getting pissed off at the ineptitude of the MA judges and ruling against them just to make a point
>>
>>29336867
My main religious document is the opinion written by Justice Alito.
>>
>>29336757
>approve them.
>implying the ATF wouldn't fuck up own favor and take really long with the judge's form 1s
>and god help the ATF if they reject it.
>>
File: tazers.jpg (284KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
tazers.jpg
284KB, 2048x1536px
I do believe that stun guns should be, as they should have long ago, part of the weapons that qualify under the Second Amendment. However, it is dangerous but not technically a weapon, solely because it CAN kill. It usually knocks people out so the user, either a police officer or authorized citizen, can detain and arrest a suspect, or get away from a alleged attacker.
>>
>>29336766

You'll find that most modern religions are called by the same names as ones from hundreds of years ago, but they are completely different.
>>
File: rect-atf-black.jpg (64KB, 275x260px) Image search: [Google]
rect-atf-black.jpg
64KB, 275x260px
>Wow

Also, ATF are becoming way too fucking controlling over responsible citizens and their weapons
>>
>>29336793
>tfw Alison Bagg never accepted my friend request
>>
>>29337636
>Tazers knock people out

Hollywood pls go
>>
File: 220px-010_alito.jpg (13KB, 220x275px) Image search: [Google]
220px-010_alito.jpg
13KB, 220x275px
>>29335903
I'm not surprised by Thomas based on his previous statements but Alito coming over to the overtly pro 2A is a big deal, at least to me this is the first time he's publicly done so.
This doesn't confirm but it does imply that 3/9 justices were pro gun rather than the "begrudging" description Alito uses to describe the majority in his opinion.
>>
>>29338111
>3/9 justices pro gun
That's not in our favor
>>
>>29339708
Kagan is, at the least, pro-hunting.

Thank you again, based Scalia.
>>
>>29339990
rip in peace
>>
>>29339990
I think Kagan unfairly gets tarred with the "must be an SJW lefty" brush due to being an Obama appointee. Sotomayor on the other hand, is pure cancer and I hope she dies of natural medical causes soon.
>>
>>29336413
>>29336681
Also the "Armor piercing" ammunition ban
>>
File: 1457556132274.gif (2MB, 300x301px) Image search: [Google]
1457556132274.gif
2MB, 300x301px
>>29341786
I agree, and that webm is fucking terrible. Why would you post that?
>>
>>29341786
That was over the line. Someone please post something cheerful so I can sleep tonight.
>>
>>29341821

AM I BEING DETAINED?!!!?

AM I FREE TO GO?!?!?
>>
>>29341821

he's posting it on a bunch of threads
>>
>>29341834

THIS IS THE PRICE OF FREEDOM
>>
File: Ms. Africa.jpg (106KB, 450x579px) Image search: [Google]
Ms. Africa.jpg
106KB, 450x579px
>>29341829
>>
File: KD4YJpt.gif (3MB, 360x249px) Image search: [Google]
KD4YJpt.gif
3MB, 360x249px
>>
>>29341842
That's badass, but what does zero-G do to a canine? I know it'd cause spinal extension and bone density loss on people, but dogs are an unknown.
>>
>>29341786
what is wrong with you. Jesus. There is a line buddy.
>>
>>29336757
>supreme court judge gets approval to make post 86 mg cuz goodboy points
>uses it as an example of why the ATF is unconstitutional
>tears of impotent ATF rage when the NFA gets shut down and they get mothballed to the ass end of the treasury department as tacticool tax collectors
>>
>>29341786
interesting. Why was that snake not already dead? It almost seems like its allowed in there. Why? Who would want such a thing as a snake?
>>
>>29341849
It's from a nip cell service commerical.
>>
File: Reaction (17).png (382KB, 700x475px) Image search: [Google]
Reaction (17).png
382KB, 700x475px
>>29341887
Ahhh...I wanna learn about EVA Pupper patrol logistics though.
>>
>>29337636
A taser is definitely a weapon. They usually cause an unbroken fall, which is a great way to fuck up your head or something. If someone hit me with one as a "prank" I'd definitely sue them for trying to harm me, not just for causing me pain.
>>
>>29339708
Having two justices firmly in the camp of "assault weapon" bans are unconstitutional is infinitely more than we had in 94 when I was still sucking on titties.
>>
>>29335903
To people who dont understand legalese or how important specificity and precise meaning are in speech is to legal proceedings, saying "its a dangerous weapon" in legal terms is the same as saying "its a weaponized weapon"
Because being dangerous is a condition required to exist or be created in order to legally define an object as a weapon.

So in other words they got told that thier scary lib-talk is nonsense and cannot be used to form laws.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.