[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Canada General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 328
Thread images: 48

File: image.jpg (144KB, 1900x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
144KB, 1900x1000px
Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/EZCrqG5n

Current news:
>AR-15 Petiton draft submitted to parlament, Cutoff May 7. 21.9k and counting.
http://www.e111.ca
>Petition to add property rights to the charter. Cutoff May 13. 4.0k and counting.
https://petitions.parl.gc.ca/en/Petition/Details?Petition=e-124
>Bill C-230 An Act to amend the Criminal Code (firearm — definition of variant) Status: Introduced
http://www.parl.gc.ca/LegisInfo/BillDetails.aspx?Language=E&Mode=1&billId=8111356
>BIll C-246 Modernizing Animal Protections(Hunting - More strict measures against hunters/trappers) Act Status: Introduced
http://www.parl.gc.ca/legisinfo/BillDetails.aspx?Language=E&Mode=1&billId=8122718
>Quebec LGR petition has wrapped up with a reported 58k signatures (42k digital). Public hearings on the bill to start March 23.
>Quebec Premier has said there will be no free vote on the matter, what a surprise.
http://www.metronews.ca/news/canada/2016/03/16/couillard-rules-out-free-vote-for-liberals-on-long-gun-registry.html

GG, QC, remember that you're helping to keep illegal guns out of the hands of criminals when you register that SKS.
>>
File: C1.jpg (17KB, 650x320px) Image search: [Google]
C1.jpg
17KB, 650x320px
>>29316861
First for glorious Canuk smg.
>>
>>29316957
Second for confusion. How bad does Bill C-230 fuck us?
>>
>>29317011
I was under the impression that it could potentially result in prohib status for any gun that had a prohib version, but I was informed it didn't work that way. Supposedly it only counts for OIC prohibs. Still, it will result in a fairly large number of guns becoming legal again, including the SVD.
>>
>>29316861
Can someone identify this gun? Group of I guess you can call the them kids I call them Wannabe OGs is always posting about how theyre getting bailed out by their parents or shit, I've been threatened by one who apparently has a suppressed glock 19, I told him to go ahead and try, and these people clearly are not the type to sit through a pal course and pay 200$ for a license.
>>
>>29317061
Looks like a Savage 22 bolt action...
>>
>>29317077
I was thinking more of a sawn off cooey of sorts
>>
>>29317102
Sawn off most likely, but the bolt knob just says Savage for me.
>>
>>29317054
Is it going to lead to any non-restricted or restricted guns being prohibited?
>>
>>29317118
Again I'm hearing conflicted news on this, but supposedly if a handgun has a version out with easy to change barrels, and there is a barrel that would be prohibited, then the whole model will become prohibited. I've also heard people say that this isn't true.
>I wish I could be more help, but I want the same answers you do
>Also, it's proposed by a Conservative MP which says there's a good chance it will be just good, but there may be accidental casualties.
>>
>>29317215
I'm scared. I NEED TO KNOW.
>>
>>29317061
Kid needs to get his mom to do his laundry ffs
>>
Is there anywhere online that you can order cheap non-corrosive? I haven't seen any in awhile since the Dominion/LCW dried up
>>
>>29317842
Wait, no more Dominion? I still have some DA x39...
>>
>>29317987
Yeah, factory got seized by separatists (how often do you get to say that...)
I'm looking at leverarms and it looks like they have some "non-corrosive" Chinese export production from the 80's, but I'm not sure how non-corrosive it actually is.

Anyone got experience with the Chinese stuff?
>>
>>29317987

Pretty sure its all gone
Unless They produce more but with our dollar down, it probably will end up costing them too much for it to be worth while
>>
>>29317842
what about Barnaul or MFS?
>>
>>29318123
Meh, I'd rather take my chances with the Chinese "non-corrosive" that's half the price per round.
>>
>>29318079
Aw. What am I supposed to do for cheap x39 now?
>>
>>29318303

Try Tula
>>
>>29318294
would that be from lever arms, gents who brought you the other "non-corrosive" that turned out to be anything but?
>>
>>29318303
Definitely not milarma, they were selling surplus 54r for 1$ a round and say there's no more surplus 308.
>>
>>29318441
They say you need a prohibited license to touch the prohibited guns they have on display in bottom self of the case at the far end of the store, even if you have a variant of one the prohibs they have
>>
>>29318461
Mil arms has some interesting things, I admit, and I actually got my Tok there, but most of their stuff is pricey, and only the one guy is really worth talking to, the rest give you attitude BECAUSE I WAS A FUCKING COMBAT ENGINEER OR WHATEVER AS IF THAT IMPRESSES.
Sebarms is my favorite, followed by CX in Morinville. Shane is a snarky bastard, but amusing, and he doesn't mind letting you handle anything you ask. And I got my PAL through him, he goes out of his way to make it as easy as possible.
>>
>>29318568
I mean Milarm. Stupid autocorrect. >>29318368
I'll look at it, thanks.
>>
>>29318587
http://www.tulammocanada.com/
Just so everyone knows about it.
>>
>>29318419
They seem to be the only people with an SVT-40 left in stock anymore.
>>
>>29318587
Got 500 rounds of ..223 62gr FMJ from them. The stuff is great
>>
File: image.jpg (199KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
199KB, 1024x768px
My LGS has "non corrosive" 7.62 x 39 for roughly 22 cents a round in a crate. I don't believe them, do any of you guys?

Pic related
>>
>>29321992

There's no way thats non corrosive..
>>
>>29321992
If you don't mind ordering online you can get golden tiger for around that price if you find a good deal, but you may be looking for milsurp ap ammo or something.
>>
>>29322015
>>29321992
My bad running on little sleep and completely failed to notice this was a Canada thread.
>>
>>29322002
My thoughts exactly, but if someone knows something I don't it would be a shame to pass on it.
>>
>>29322028
S'alright bro, we all make mistakes.
>>29321992
I would be very doubtful that it's non corrosive. It's not that big of a deal if it is corrosive anyways, as long as you clean your gun afterwards.
>>
>>29317061
Please shoot this these wanna be ogs, fuck tell them to go to America and meet some real ogs who would butt fuck them with crack pipes and box cutters.
Crack heads not even once man.
>>
>>29322043
I'm well stocked on corrosive ammo that was purchase at around 16 cents a round. Stocking up on the non corrosive would be interesting at this price point, but as it is clear it is highly unlikely this is non corrosive
>>
>>29322063
Ask them who manufactured it. If it's anything other than a reputable name, then it's corrosive. You're right that it would be nice to stock up on non corrosive at that price. I'd probably buy a bunch if I had money.
>>
>>29318303
Just buy corrosive and clean your fucking guns
>>
>>29322113

Just suck my balls
>>
>>29322163
>whhaaaaaa! I actualy have to maintain my guns! Life is hard!
>>
>>29322163
>>29322193
Guys, calm down. This is supposed to be a place where we work together.
>>
>>29322113
Just out of curiosity, what have you found is the best way to clean your guns after shooting corrosive?
>>
>>29322217
Not him, but I run dry patches down the barrel until they come out clean, run a couple patches with CLP, then more dry patches, repeat until the CLP patches are clean. Helps if you use a bore brush first. Afterwards it basically the same thing over the rest of the gun with rags or paper towels for large areas, and q tips for the small nooks and crannies.
>>
>>29316861
Any Canadian soldiers/Army Officers here? What are your thoughts on joining the reserves?
>>
>>29322015
Do you know of a reputable site here in Canada that sells Golden Tiger? I need to order some 7.62x39 but im having a hell of a time finding anything non corrosive or even available for a decent price lol.
>>
>>29321992
It's possible that it's clean, I don't see any moonrunes or slavskrit covering it. Not that that means anything either way, but it looks too well put together to be surplus. I might be willing to give it a shot.
>>
>>29322525
Sorry bro I have been awake two days and didn't notice that this was a Canada thread, I will check though.
>>
>>29322217
I only shoot corrosive in my Tok
I just take it down, leave the upper bits in hot water for a little bit, then dry everything, clean it normally, and oil the shit out of it
>>
>>29322831
Sorry, I haven't been able to find much about Canadian golden tiger.
>>
>>29323039
Not really sold in Canada. We do have tulammo though.
>>
When will I be able to buy one of these as a civilian?
>>
>>29322207
>excepecting Canadians on 4chan to work together.
>excepecting to have 4channers to have serious discussions.
I wish it where pre 2008 again.
>>
>>29323451
And any word on the price?
>>
>>29323451
>>29323911
CZ is selling their bid for the Ranger rifle which is basically the same thing but without the stainless barrel for $1500
>>
Looking to get a rifle that shoots 7.62x39. Most common suggestions I get are SKS and vz. 58.

I can actually afford the vz. 58 at its current price, but what merits does it have that the SKS doesn't?

I don't mind paying all that money for a gun as long as it's a good gun, but what does it do that a gun that costs 1/7th as much can't?
>>
>>29325103
Tacticool, reliable magazines, and 2lbs less weight is all the VZ has over the SKS. They both shoot well depends on if you think that its worth your money. Anything the VZ has the SKS can be modded with for cheaper than half a stock VZ.
>>
>>29325103
I personally like the VZ better, but overall you're paying more for a current production gun, with a slightly shorter barrel (even the NR version) and it comes with detachable mags standard. I would recommend getting one used if you can.
>>
What's the recommended "budget" 5.56, gents? And any recommendations for good "HD" 5.56? I'm looking to pick up a Type 97 soon, and that'll probably be my HD gun, for a while, at least.
>>
>>29325428
T97 is about as cheap as it gets for semi auto 5.56 guns, and the bullpup design makes it about good as you'll get for HD usage. Most people recommend getting the upgraded lower from t97.ca as well, the flat top upper is optional depending on personal taste.
>>
>>29325428
There is only one real "budget" 5.56. Norinco CQ-A when they go on for $600.
Other choices around $1000 are CSA 58(a vz58 in 5.56), SU-16, Type 97, and cheaper end non-chinese AR15.
>>
>>29325428

My friend has a T97 he says it doesn't cycle sometimes. I borrowed it once and went to the range with it and it run just fine. He might just be using ammo that his gun doesn't like.
>>
>>29325428
>actually having to use a scary looking bullpup salt rifle for home defense

You might want to invest in a good lawyer, as sad as it is.
>>
>>29325527
Not really. It's just whatever you happened to have on hand. You didn't care about function or looks, it's just the gun you had and you feared for your life.
>>
>>29325527
>using a non-intimidating hunting rifle/shotgun with wooden furniture for home defense
"See? It's not just assault rifles that kill, ALL GUNS KILL! BAN ALL GUNS! This is Canada and it's 2016, we are not like that American Zimmerman fellow who shot that poor innocent African-American boy who dinu nuffing wrong!"
>>
>>29325103
Go for the SKS. The asking price of a new VZ is absurd for what you're getting. If you are willing to spend that much just wait for the Type 81.
>>
>>29325479
I'm sorry, I meant ammo-wise. What's the cheap "budget" choice for 5.56 ammo and the best 5.56 ammo for HD?
>>
>>29325705
Whatever cheap hunting soft point ammo.
>>
>>29325705
Cheapest 5.56 gun would best the cheapest Norinco AR rifle you could find. Actually effective one would be the T97 and you would have slightly better chance in court since it isn't restricted so you could argue slightly easier access to it. Any HP or SP round will do, though heavier is usually better.
>>
Any CZ fags in the thread a CZ75 Pre-B came up on the EE.
inb4 shill, its not mine.

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php/1380107-CZ-75-Pre-B
>>
>>29325733
>>29325926
Sorry, I've just never owned anything besides a simple SKS and Chinese TT-33, figured I'd ask a couple stupid questions here before I embarrass myself at my LGS.
>Do people normally buy 5.56 in bulk cans like in 7.62x39? I remember buying 1300 rounds for $200 with my SKS.
>What's the difference between .223 and 5.56, if any?
>How does it compare in price to x39?

And when I see HD threads on /k/, so many people use ARs instead of, say, a 12ga, but I always thought, say, a Mossberg 500 would be great for HD. Am I wrong? Does 5.56 have some advantage I'm not aware of, or is it just capacity?
>>
>>29326331
In the states its capacity as well as most useful 12 gauge ammo will over penetrate drywall
>>
>>29322217
I give my shit a bath in hot water while stripped down, dry it off and oil it.

Scrape pistons heads as needed etc; once washed the carbon is safe to leave on if you want man
>>
>>29326362
And 5.56 won't?
It seems like there's a dizzying array of 5.56 out there, too. Would it serve much better to seek out "defensive" loads, or just stick with SP/JHP?
>>
>>29322264
Reserves is fun, it's a hobby and nothing more. Fucking go for it, I had a great time. Stay away from the reg force though as it will fucking kill you mentally so damn fast. You will turn in to a depressed dependant drunk with a horrid wife who works one shift a week at a hair salon, gets knocked up and makes you pay for your kid and the last soldiers kid she has after leaving you and taking the house

Reg force = waste of time for anyone with a brain

source: 8 years reg force I should kms
>>
File: 1405781158058.jpg (121KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1405781158058.jpg
121KB, 800x600px
Do Rangers get a military ID like real Canadian Forces people?

I only want to join because I heard that they do fuck all, maybe go out camping for a few days a year. The reason I ask if they get a military ID is because I want to use it to get military discounts.
>>
>>29326817
Join the rangers, they get like 80k for a single snowmobile exercise in the winter

Learn the tricks of the natives, you get pay per snowmobile, toboggan, ice drill and chainsaw you bring on patrol

The rangers from labrador I've worked with have been seen riding with 2 sleds in tow, one with a spare snowmobile and the other with a box full of ice drills and chainsaws

Those listerine drinkers made like 10k a day on patrol
>>
>>29326753
It would be hard to find "defensive" loads as there is no "market" for them in Canada, where as theres a fuckload of hunting SP/JHP/HP loads.
>>
How likely is it that you guys will ever repeal the name bans AKs? I want out of land of the lard, but I have an inherited AK I can't abandon.
>>
>>29326852
Who knows can't say its impossible but its not going to happen anytime soon (Not with the current gov anyway).
>>
>>29326843
To be fair, most of the Rangers I worked with were actually pretty fucking good on the tracking/survival/innawoods front, especially the old farts.
>>
>>29326876
Oh yeah they're good aside from not wanting to speak english or french, being smashed all the time, not teaching anyone a fucking thing, randomly shooting guns off without warning anyone first, abandoning us in the middle of the tundra without warning for no reason, cheating the military pay system to be ultragigawelfareniggerqueens

yeah they're pretty fucking good man

the junior rangers are cool though, program for native kids to have something to believe in in their lives, those kids try so god damned hard. I'm proud of them and wish they were paid.
>>
>>29326848
Fair enough. I assume there's not going to be much difference in using JHP, HP or SP rounds in HD?
>>
>>29326331
It'll fly flatter than x39, it'll be more expensive than x39. You can buy bulk, but it isn't sold in bulk as often as x39 or other surplus calibers are. The main difference between .223 and 5.56 is average pressure, with 5.56 being higher. If the barrel is 5.56 or .223 wylde then you are fine for either, but if it's .223 Rem then you can only shoot .223 in it.
>>
>>29326942
JHP(Jacketed Hollow) Will penetrate further good for winter when people may be wearing heavier clothes
HP(Hollow) Standard penetration good expansion
SP(Soft[lead]) Low penetration greater expansion.
>>
So apparently CanadaAmmo will have cheaper, non-corrosive 7.62x39 "in the summer"
How the fuck do I survive that long
>>
>>29327229
buy a 22lr or a 9mm
>>
File: image.jpg (74KB, 697x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74KB, 697x360px
>>29327229
>Tfw I have nowhere to shoot my SKS anyways since Homestead range was shut down
>>
>>29326852
Under the Cons there was a very very slim chance, under the current government never.

We had to fight tooth and nail just to make it so you don't have to ask the RCMP for permission to go to the range with your restricted weapon.
>>
File: IOuczXl[1].png (2MB, 1600x1816px) Image search: [Google]
IOuczXl[1].png
2MB, 1600x1816px
>>29326852
Unlikely to happen under a CPC government. Basically impossible under Liberal, barring their decision to ban all semi autos regardless of name. If there was a minority government on either side you might be able to slip something through depending on how it was marketed. As it stands, you'd need to wait for a government change. You could also spam pic related everywhere and point out there isn't any crime from legal owners.
>>
>>29328666

Nice trips
The AK was prohib'd by liberal beaurocrats who have no idea about anything firearm related, but regardless they picked a bunch of guns out of a book and arbitrarily pointed their finger at which to ban from their appearance.
As new firearms become available, they actually take their time (and they sure do take their godammed time...) at deciding which to prohibit, restrict, etc
However, they dont consider to repeal any classification even though ak's and ar's function like any other semi auto
>>
>>29329386
>Nice trips
Thanks, they fit me fairly well. Anyways, guns are considered prohibited either because of physical characteristics (either currently or formerly fully automatic) or via OIC. As far as OIC prohibited firearms go, variants thereof are also prohibited. This means that when a new firearm is imported it's compared to currently OIC prohib firearms to see if it's a variant, and it's checked to see if it's fully automatic, or "easily convertible to fully automatic," the exact standards of this judgement being fairly vague.
>OIC prohibs, AKA Liberals and PCs looking at a guns and ammo mag and circling scary guns, account for the vast majority of prohibited firearms
>This includes the list at the following RCMP website, handguns with a barrel length below 4.25 inches, and handguns chambered in .32 or .25 caliber
http://www.canlii.org/en/ca/laws/regu/sor-98-462/latest/sor-98-462.html
>>
File: current thread.jpg (631KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
current thread.jpg
631KB, 1024x768px
>>29326852
>>
>>29330150
Hey man, don't have to be rude about it. We still have a couple nice things.
>>
>>29327261
Shut your whore mouth.
I'm sorry, I'm just bitter.
I miss cheap bigbaddaboom..

>>29327796
How the hell do you guys not have tons of crownland?
>>
>>29331004
Anywhere more North than about 2 hours drive from the border is mostly crown land.
>>
what parts of an ar-15 can i order from the united states without having to register the firearm? i want to get most of it in advance since it's scarce inventory like the safety, trigger, bcg and so on.
>>
>>29331840
You only need to register the lower in Canada, and that's only once it's capable of accepting parts. ATAR means it can be very difficult to order parts from the US however.
>>
>>29331933
difficult as in customs duties charging me more than the worth of the product?
>>
Tactical Imports has Type 81 Pre-order up

$999
Folding and fixed stock
Non-restricted 475mm barrel (18.7")
ETA Q3 2016

http://www.tacticalimports.ca/type-81-p-426.html
>>
>>29331004
>How the hell do you guys not have tons of crownland
Toronto -- closest range is 2 hours on a highway, never mind crown land
Southern Ontario -- pretty much the same thing as Toronto
>>
Shopping for different AR-15 is overwhelming. How am I supposed to know what parts are good and others that aren't?
>>
File: Type81_2.jpg (64KB, 750x961px) Image search: [Google]
Type81_2.jpg
64KB, 750x961px
>>29332600

I can't decide which one to order. I already have a folding vz-58 so maybe a fixed stock would be best.
>>
save up and buy a complete AR15 from a reputable manufacturer, ex. daniel defence.
>>
>>29332671
>never mind crown land

That is what you get for turning the southern part of your province into a megacity.
>>
>>29332919

Forgot map.
>>
>>29332840
I'm assuming your responding to me >>29332673?

I'll do that then. Thanks.
>>
File: image.png (29KB, 187x186px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
29KB, 187x186px
>Need a single SVT part (crossbolt)
>Nobody sell or stocks SVT parts
HELP, PLEASE
>>
>>29333043

I got your back bro
www gunpartscorp.com/Search.htm?s=tokarev
>>
>>29333111
Anon delivers. MUCH appreciated, thank you.
>Holy shit, they carry Globe Mohawk parts, too
>>
File: image.jpg (102KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102KB, 960x720px
So this sexy beast is almost ready. I gotta know, though-is modern .303 safe to shoot through it? It's only ever handled surplus.
>>
>>29329386

The AK was prohibited by the Conservatives and C17
>>
Hello fellow canuks.

I am a shitter who knows nothing about real firearms. I want to get an AR style rifle for target shooting.

What's a good choice? I've been recommended the SA20 already. I also want a handgun but that'll be later.
>>
>>29332225
As in people won't ship it to you. Look to parts in Canada first, then source things from the States if you still need to.
>>
>>29333760
PC party =/= modern Conservative party.
>>
>>29333447
Absolutely fine, but I'd suggest using FMJ as I don't know how smooth the feed ramps are so it might mash the soft tip hunting rounds.
>>
>>29333447
Absolutely fine, but I'd suggest using FMJ as I don't know how smooth the feed ramps are so it might mash the soft tip hunting rounds.
>>
>>29333824
If you are looking at an AR15 variant and/or handgun, you will need a restricted licence. Get on that first and get your references in order.
>>
Is an AR10 subject to the 15 BNR? Also, what's the legality of building one again?
>>
>>29326817
1stSgt Walrus gets me every fucking time.
>>
>>29334226
Oh, yeah. I know about that stuff. Just looking at a first purchase when I'm all done
>>
>>29334245
>15 BNR?
No idea what you're talking about, but guns are perfectly legal to build. Since AR-10s are classified as AR-15 variants, they are restricted and the lower will need to be registered though.
>>
>>29330150
That poor VZ..
>>
Any Nova Scotia/New Brunswick bros?
>>
>>29334323
>15 BNR
I meant "AR-15 by-name restriction" which is apprently not short-hand friendly, oops. Anyway you answered my question perfectly.
>>
>>29334374
You may want to consider waiting. NEA is making a $1500 AR-10 that they say they can finagle into being NR by virtue of being based on the original AR-10 rather than an upscaled AR-15.
>>
>>29334374
Theoretically, the original AR-10 if built as a semi would be non-restricted, but you know how the RCMP are.
>>
>>29334400
If that works, then the next step is to make a downscaled AR-10 in .223.
>>
>>29334400
If it's not LR308 I'm not /that/ interested.

>>29334407
>if built as a semi would be non-restricted, but you know how the RCMP are.
I do, but I only want a semi so I can build me the DMR of my dreams. Besides, can't get a full-DEUS VULT AR in Canada anyway.
>>
>>29334348
Saint John nb reporting

Sup?
>>
>>29334890
Yo man I'm in Freddy

rustyshackleford16 on kik
>>
>>29334348
HRM reporting
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>29334898
How bad is the snow fucking your city?

Pic related: my view
>>
>>29334979
we've got about 8 inches so far, it's bad but nothing debilitating yet, power is still on obviously

Interested in an east coast nuggetfest later this year? I've got some Canadians in the maritimes together in a general /k/ chat
>>
File: 20160321_132357-1.jpg (1MB, 1152x1844px) Image search: [Google]
20160321_132357-1.jpg
1MB, 1152x1844px
Just shot a gopher that's been digging around our cabin and getting into our garbage. Clean hit through the spine exiting the heart.
>>
>>29332671
southern ontariofag reporting in, can confirm that there is nowhere to shoot except in this quarry north of desoronto
>>
>>29335017
That would be awesome tbqh. Know any good places?
>>
>>29334979
No snow anymore in Brandon, Manitoba

Thank fuck, I left Alberta after a week of flurries.
>>
>>29335593

Calgary hasnt had snow since January
>>
>>29335710
Yeah it's actually been quite pleasant here for a while
I've been able to take the bike out for a few weeks now, there's just one patch of ice on the road right in front that takes forever to disappear most years
>>
File: image.png (78KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
78KB, 640x1136px
>Single SVT cross-pin needed for my Mohawk
>$6.00 part online
>$40 shipping
REEEEEEEE
>>
>>29336980

Yeah dude, I bought a new piston, same story.
They kill you with shipping for no reason.
But its the ONLY place I've found parts. Gotta bite the bullet
>>
>>29336980
That's what you get for being a crazy tok guy.
>>
>>29337103
I cannot believe they have Mohawk parts.
>>29337347
Imma gud boy dindu nuffin need mo money for mo ammo
>>
File: 1457037514918.jpg (52KB, 640x279px) Image search: [Google]
1457037514918.jpg
52KB, 640x279px
>>29335186
where is said quarry?
plz senpai, help out a fellow holetario dweller
>>
>>29332954
jesus fuck. better find out what that spec of green by hamilton is.
>>
File: image.jpg (28KB, 650x249px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28KB, 650x249px
Did Norinco ever import any of these funky proprietary optics? It'd be nice to have the "proper" optic, especially since their retarded rail won't accept anything else.
>>
>>29341195
Also, for those Anons who slapped an optic on a standard upper-how the heck do you properly set up a sight, being so high over bore?
>>
File: IVSLvX5.jpg (969KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IVSLvX5.jpg
969KB, 2048x1536px
>>29341195
idk, but on the T97 note:

some Anon's 2nd hand T97 just eggsploded on him, surprisingly leaving his face more or less intact
pictures here: http://imgur.com/a/L9CWy
>Anon realized that there is a bit of a strange sound when firing (live ammo or dry firing). When the trigger is pulled there is a "thungggg" sound that seems to vibrate.
full account on plebbit here: https://www.reddit.com/r/canadaguns/comments/4bfmly/norinco_t97_nearly_blew_my_face_off_catastrophic/

can /k/ figure out what specifically happened to cause this, other than le chinkshit maymay?
>looks like it went KABUKI out of battery to me, but why?
>>
File: image.jpg (26KB, 481x245px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26KB, 481x245px
>>29341403
Damnit, I wanna get into some cool chink guns, but shit like this worries me.
>>
>>29341403
Read it sounds like either shit factory ammo or out of battery detonation.
>>
File: freeshrugs.jpg (84KB, 600x857px) Image search: [Google]
freeshrugs.jpg
84KB, 600x857px
>>29341440
yeah, but how/why would it fire out of battery, isn't it designed not to be able to do that?
>>
>>29341440
>Wartak ammo
Never heard of it. Some shit no-name brand?
>>29341432
I wouldn't be so quick as to assume the gun is at fault. What weirds me out in that story is how he can't get the bolt to seat properly, then when he does, it kabooms. The twanging noise he mentions is probably just the spring, since it's right by your ear. It weirded me out the first time I shot a T97, but it was normal.
I'm just some asshole on the 4chins, far from an expert, but I bet when he kept trying to force the bolt shut, a shaving or something bunged it up somehow.
>>
>>29341483
Out of battery detonations can be as simple as excess buildup around the locking lugs. Its impossible to tell by the pictures/description alone. It would be interesting to see if the guy takes it to a gunsmith.
>>
>>29341510
Wartak is factory reloads, but the guy said he switched to federal before the KB occurred. Seems to me that everytime I hear about factory ammo exploding its federal.
>>
>>29341403

I've heard of other accounts similar to this was well from 2 of my friends who works at gun stores
>>
>>29341520
I-I use Federal in my Skorpion...
>>29341432
If it was something like the ammo, then it doesn't matter who made the gun-the pressure has to go somewhere. Plenty of guns made by top-end manufacturers have blown up.
>>29341511
He seems real quick to blame Norinco, same with the comments. Funny-I thought Norinco wasn't that bad, despite the "cheap chinkshit" meme.
>>
File: BruhReally.gif (464KB, 500x278px) Image search: [Google]
BruhReally.gif
464KB, 500x278px
>>29317061
> "yo mah BOY, can chu stand ova thurr and hold tha phone and insta me doin my thang?"
> "yee yee, stand thurr and lemme point my piece at chu"
> "course its loaded MY NIGGA this cat doesn't PLAY"
>>
>>29341577
If it makes you feel better all of the federal KB's i've heard of were rifle ammo. With non magnum pistols it seems kind of rare to have bad ammo.
>>
>>29341571
really? with Type 97?
this is the first story I've heard of them doing this
>and you expect all the chinkshit haters to jump on it and for there to be 200 threads on CGN about why you shouldn't put your face on the action of a chinese-made firearm, etc.

>>29341510
it definitely sounds like he's past the point of "stop what you're doing immediately" when his shit wouldn't chamber and he continued to force it in and shooting anyway. forcing a firearm into battery that isn't doing it naturally sounds like asking for a bad time
>>
File: image.jpg (19KB, 236x313px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19KB, 236x313px
>>29341571
I've never heard of Norcs having issues like that. They're lazily finished, but they work well.
>>29341403
>Buy a second-hand gun, probably already well-shot, probably never checked for damage
>Doesn't even realize the noise he bitches about is blatantly the recoil spring
>Use shit ammo
>Try to force the rifle to chamber
>Do this multiple times
>"Disassemble" gun
>Try and force it AGAIN
>Different ammo feeds
>Gun explodes because it wasn't checked to figure out what the issue was immediately
I'M NEVER BUYING NORINCO AGAIN I SHOULD SUE
>>
>>29341735
Yeah, if you can't get the bolt to fully close on the chamber there is clearly a big issue and you should stop shooting there. Instead he forced it, and fucked up the gun when it was probably just absolutely filthy inside and never cleaned in 10k rounds or some other crazy number.
>B-but the guy he bought from said it was only shot a couple times
>People wouldn't lie to get a better deal
>>
Can anyone post the kik chat info?
>>
>>29333760
While the PC party prohibited converted autos and some others, the AK-47 was prohibitedby the Liberal government under Prohibited Weapons Order, No. 13, in 1995 (the 12.5 prohibited list)
>>
>>29335710
>>29336269
Weather looks decent for the gunshow, too.
>>
>>29344538

Dont jinx it
2 years back it snowed super hard on the day of the show
(although the snow melted by the evening haha)
>>
>>29344690
I'd only worry if it was held on Victoria day.
>>
File: 1455549065361.jpg (20KB, 258x245px) Image search: [Google]
1455549065361.jpg
20KB, 258x245px
>>29341403
>Faggot gets a squib/case separation
>Gun kabooms
>Fucking norc! I swear it was the guns fault!

I swear some people shouldnt be able to own guns
>>
>>29341403
>reddit
time to go back kid
>>
Here's an interesting article- all the steps it takes to get surplus ammo from Ukraine to Canada:
http://calibremag.ca/surplus-ammunition-how-it-gets-from-there-to-here/

Bureaucracy from here to eternity. But one neat thing:

>The salt mine is one of the places they store guns and ammunition. It’s under a house, just a normal looking house. And then you go down underground and it’s like a movie. You can hardly imagine it. It’s full of everything. SKS rifles, AK rifles, RPGs, ammunition, machineguns. Everything. It’s amazing, totally amazing.
>>
>>29345398
And a somewhat scary note:

> Estimates of SKS rifles left in Ukraine are now around 120,000. That sounds like a lot, but the demand for these rifles in Africa is extremely high and as many as 40,000 are sold each year. The supply will not last.
>>
File: download.jpg (6KB, 530x95px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 530x95px
Should I get one of these (CZ 557 Ranger), or wait until the new tikka Canadian ranger rifle is available? Supposedly they start mass production sometime this year
>>
Wolverine just got word that their new batch of CZ 858 will be coming in April for $995. NR, 4 Mags, sling and cleaning kit.
>>
>>29345594

they will sell out in 48 seconds, and be on the EE within the hour with a 40% markup.
>>
Anywhere in Canada to get a ChiCom chest rig from?
>>
any news about the PPP-43 coming to Canada.
I can't even find the coming soon picture from Tactical Imports.
>>
>>29345954
They haven't said anything about it in a long time. They were in classification limbo were the T81 used to be. That being said, it looks like somebody told them to actually classify some of their stuff so it might show up soon.
>>
File: image.png (101KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
101KB, 256x256px
>>29345455
>All those SKSes going to filthy tribal niggers to be abused
>>
>>29346109
>implying niggers are better than slavs
>>
>>29345594
>$995

Considering brand new CSA models go for around $1050 here, yeah, no thanks. I like Wolverine but they've really been dropping the ball lately.
>>
>>29347117
Really most of the time I see CSA they are 1200
>>
>>29345594
Are these with chromed barrel? Folding or fixed stock?
>>
>>29347180
Non chromed, both military folding and beaver barf stock options.
>>
>>29347117
>>29347152
CSAs are $1300-1400 right now.
>>
>>29347457
>>29347152
>>29347117

About $1289
>>
>>29344823
>le back to maymay
>kid
how to tell you're speaking to a teenage /b/-tard
>>
>>29347495
>>29347457
my goodness...

I bought mine for $900 a year and a half ago
>>
>>29345455
Should I buy another SKS or two?
>>
>>29348178

Before our dollar plummeted
In June they were $1099 and Tavors were $2600
Now they're almost $3100 in some stores...
>>
>>29348201
Well we're back up to 0.77 at least, will it continue on the upswing?
>>
>>29348178
I bought mine for $1050 in September.
>>
What the fucks up with gun prices? I remember a couple years ago the CZ 858's and VZ's were going for around 6-700, now everything's around 1000 and up!
>>
>>29348226

Its possible but don't be surprised if prices continue to go up even if our dollar rebounds.
Stupid..
>>
>>29348256
Those were refurbished surplus rifles, where as the CSAs are new manufactured, so they're worth more

>>29348260
Yeah... I just want to get some non restricted in 5.56 but everything is so expensive

Tavor, ACR and XCR are all like 3k and I hear bad things about the XCR and ACR
>>
>>29348256
I remember when nuggets were $150 and SKSes were $200.

Now nuggets are $200 and SKSes and $250.
>>
>>29348298

Not a bad increase. Not like its $200-400+ increase for most modern rifles. Most places I can find Nuggets for $170 and Sks for $200. Depends where you go and the condition of it
>>
>>29348315
Also, I guess buying them second (third?) hand isn't a bad idea. They're all used anyway, so having a few thousand rounds shot through by a Canadian wouldn't really hurt the gun.
>>
>>29348315
Yeah SK's and the surplus ones have gone up a bit but all modern rifles have skyrocketed
>>
>>29348378

Yup, my friend's dad picked up a benelli MR1 for 1600 in Sept 2014. Now theyre 2200... for THAT rifle...
Good luck selling any more of them for that price. 35-40% increase. Get real
>>
>>29348439
Jesus, $2200 for that abomination?

REEEEEEEE

I'm so jealous seeing how cheap ARs are, and that they can take them innawoods
>>
>>29348439
Do you figure the type 81's will go down in price later or should I pre order one now?
>>
>>29348541
Who's accepting pre-orders anyway?
>>
>>29348541
where can you pre order them? how much are they?
>>
>>29348541
>>29348541
I really doubt it. They'll prob hold their price for a year or so

>>29348557
>>29348561

Tactical Imports
>>
>>29348586
There going for $999 right now which is too high IMO for what your getting
>>
So, any chance this recent attack will make Trudeau rethink his 25,000 refugees idea?
>>
File: image.jpg (19KB, 250x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19KB, 250x200px
>>29348639
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA
No.
>>
>>29348639
hopefully, but really it will be after a few bombings.
>>
>>29348639
Nope
When you're a politician with a retarded idea, you stick with it no mater what. If something indicates you might be wrong, you just shut out the real world and double down on your retardation
>>
File: 1391793411800.jpg (75KB, 720x663px) Image search: [Google]
1391793411800.jpg
75KB, 720x663px
>>29348623
>new production by polytech

So are they going to be pieces of shit like M305s?
>>
File: 123431243124.png (168KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
123431243124.png
168KB, 300x300px
>>29348663
>tfw you live in Edmonton
>tfw ISIS said West Ed. Mall was one of their targets
>tfw refugees coming in
Well, I know I'm never gonna go to West Ed. again.
>>
>>29348639
Nope.
Unfortunately this is what's happening and will keep happening. >>29348669
>>
>>29348692
Possibly, I'll wait for them to actually get to Canada and hear some reviews. I'd be a lot more interested if they were going around the $700 range
>>
>>29348719
They'll drop down to that range once the CAD ends up being decent again.
>>
>>29348740
that doesn't make sense

we're at 0.77, so even if we get up to parity it'd only be like 20% cheaper at most, which would still be $800+
>>
>>29348639
Relevant to weapons how?
>>
>>29348774
it was an act of war, using weapons

that's pretty /k/
>>
>>29348693
Just start carrying you fucking pussy I carry a kel tec with a couple loaded mags in a backpack, I've never been searched cause I don't act paranoid
>>
>>29348783
Then talk about bombs. Sticky says this board is for discussions of weapons, politics goes to /pol/.
>>
>>29348788
I'm sure you'll call me a cuck, but the odds of you getting caught, and going to prison for a decade(at which point you may as well just kill yourself) are a lot higher than the odds it'll end up saving your life
>>
File: image.jpg (14KB, 205x187px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14KB, 205x187px
>>29348693
West Ed isn't worth going to anyway. Unless clothing stores for 16-year old girls are your thing. And Wild West a shit.
>>
>>29348804
>discussing an attack and a proper defense strategy is not /k/ related

this isn't rocket science bud
>>
File: 2F489.jpg (128KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
2F489.jpg
128KB, 640x480px
Any Ottawafags who can tell me about the Stittsville Shooting Ranges? Is it true that you're only allowed to fire from a sitting position at the 50yd rifle range? Do the range officers inspect your guns upon arrival? What exactly do they provide with the $30/day fee for non-members?
>>
>>29348818
South Edmonton master race
>>
>>29348865
Why are firing ranges such shit?

I can't even enjoy myself because of the mixture of it being completely cramped, lengthy target change waits, nervousness from ROs being annoying, and people with short barreled ARs that are loud as all hell
>>
>>29348880
Too many shooters, too few facilities- and bureaucrats from municipal on upwards making it hard to build new ranges (or closing down various good crown land patches). Then there's the shooting clubs problem, where unless someone dies (and you know someone who knows someone) good luck getting in.

I'm glad there are more people in the hobby, but it'll take a while for shooting spaces to catch up.
>>
>>29348865
No range officer ever inspected my firearms, the most they do is walk over during a cease fire to see if the action is open. There's multiple ranges there, I've only been twice and used the 50 yard range that was sit down only. But I think there's another range there for standing/crouch/prone
>>
>>29348928
I mean, ranges just plain suck though

It's really not an enjoyable experience, do some people genuinely like it?
>>
>>29348788
>(You): a rinky-dink-point-and-plink chambered in 9mm
>them: full-auto and explosives because they're far less law-abiding than you are
Do you really think you can jump in the shitstorm and be a real hero?
>>
>>29348960
in all fairness it couldn't hurt

but yeah, i wouldn't risk the stiff prison sentence for such small odds of that happening, and you pulling it off
>>
>>29348944
In that case I'm not sure. Apart from some way too loud guns, I haven't had too much trouble at the range. It is pretty restrictive (in terms of standing in a small space in front of a table), but I guess I have to put up with it if I want to practice.
>>
I just got a prescription for antidepressants today. Does this mean say goodbye to my guns?
>>
>>29348983
nope so long as you aren't committed or someone blabs you'll be fine.
>>
>>29348880
Preach it. I wish I could just burn through crates of 7.62 here in my backyard, but unless my neighbors all suddenly vanish that won't be feasible any time soon.

>>29348938
It looks like they have a pistol and air rifle range where you can stand.

>No range officer ever inspected my firearms, the most they do is walk over during a cease fire to see if the action is open.
So let's say someone has an SKS with a magazine that they modified when they were younger, and then later tried to un-modify when they were older and slightly less of an idiot. Is there pretty much no risk that a range officer would notice that?
>>
File: PAL application - section C.png (108KB, 1544x566px) Image search: [Google]
PAL application - section C.png
108KB, 1544x566px
>>29348983
For five years, at least.

All the questions asked in Section C of the PAL application form only pertains to the past five years (except for 16f, which is 2 years).
>>
>>29348983
When you got the prescription, did they know you had guns, and what did they say?
>>
>>29348983
>>29349016
>A yes answer does not mean your application will be refused
I'm guessing it almost certainly does mean that?
>>
>>29349015
I dont think the RO would notice, most of them are still kids
>>
File: MyGts1.jpg (24KB, 382x292px) Image search: [Google]
MyGts1.jpg
24KB, 382x292px
>>29349015
Say that you installed smoked tail lights on your car when you were younger, then you put OEM tail lights back on when you were older and less of an idiot.

Is your car currently street-legal?
>>
>>29349029
No, I didn't mention or ask anything about my PAL. I should have I guess
>>
>>29349046
Hah, alright. I suppose they have bigger fish to fry.

>>29349048
Say, in the case of the SKS, the magazine pin can be removed exactly as it was attached -- with only a pair of wrenches. Is it legal to have a firearm that can so easily be converted to hold more than the legal number of cartridges?
>>
>>29349048
I mean I understand what you're saying, I just don't know if there's really a parallel between dank illegal wigger car parts and illegally modified firearms.
>>
>>29349038
Not always but it will certainly delay it, you will also need a reference letter from whatever doctor and/or shrink you're seeing.
>>
>>29349210
So as long as anon's not been telling his doctor about his plans to go on a baby-murdering rampage or shoot himself in the head, he should be fine.
In fact none of this should be a problem until he has to renew his PAL, by which point it shouldn't be much of a problem anyways provided he's demonstrated enough improvement re: depression.
>>
>>29348983
Sorta related to this, I couldn't get shit on for seeing a counsellor right? I wouldn't mention having guns or anything
>>
>>29349210
Too bad that most "mental health" doctors and shrinks are Jewish.

>Hello Dr. Shillenstein, this is Nick Richards from the RCMP Firearms Centre. We are currently processing a firearms license application for one Mr. Anonymous Jones. Do you feel that he is fit to handle firearms?
>Oy vey, not a chance, good sir! This goy- I mean guy should not be near a gun!
>Any specific reasons why we should deny Mr. Jones his privilege to own firearms, Dr. Shillenberg?
>Why yes, of course! It's not good for public safety!
>Okay Dr. Shillman, thank you for your time. Have a nice evening.
>You too, policegoy! *rubs hands together*
>Hey Bill, I just got off the phone; deny the application. Mr. Jones' shrink said it's not good for public safety.
>What's not good for public safety? The applicant, or the guns themselves? You don't know about these doctors, sometimes.
>Ahh, fuck it, it's late, I gotta get home to my wife and kids. Just deny the application, would you rather be sitting in your damn cubicle all evening?
>Good point. Have a good night Nick, I'll see you in the morning.
>>
>living with hoplophobe parents
>saving up for house
>PAL will probably expire before I even get to own my own firearm

Lads, it's suffering. Ill have to make a decision real soon.
>>
>>29349429
Why did you bother getting a PAL if you didn't even have the money lined up to buy a gun?
>>
>>29348874
Enjoy those Hindus and Dindus. But hey, who am I to judge-my last place was by the Belvedere LRT station.
>>
>>29349429
Zannen desuyo-ne~

My dad actually really loves guns, but doesn't own any (ex-military). My mom absolutely despises guns, but doesn't oppose my ownership of them.

>tfw I would much prefer to talk about guns with my mom than my dad
>my mom is the anti-gunner but she's somehow less of an idiot with guns than my ex-military dad
>>
>>29349466
Life doesn't always go as planned.

Maybe he thought he had enough saved up for a house, but was wrong.

Maybe he thought saving up for a house would be a walk in the park, but soon realized it wasn't.

Maybe he actually had enough saved up, but an emergency came up. Maybe he had just the right amount saved up, but then he ended up sending the money to his uncle Frank in Colorado because he needs the money for a bone marrow transplant.
>>
>>29349471
Hindus and Sikhs are okay with me. It's the muzzies I quite frankly don't care for.

>tfw every Sikh I've met were pretty much white in behavior
>tfw every Hindu I've met were either a coin-toss between incredibly stupid or incredibly smart, never the middle ground
>tfw every muzzie I've met were rude, disrespectful, confrontational bastards
>>
>>29349425
How is it Jews outside of Israel fuck up so bad.
>>
>>29349507
Yes I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation, but lacking context it just seems like an incredibly strange situation for someone to be in. Although not so different from having a driver's license but no car, I suppose.

>>29349478
How exactly is your dad an idiot about guns?
>>
>>29348812

I was thinking the same thing
>>
>>29349545
>implying they ever actually "fuck up"
>implying it isn't their goal to confuse and disarm the goyim
>>
>>29349466

Brought my parents to the range and it was a positive experience so I thought they had changed their minds but nope.
>>
>>29349546
>Although not so different from having a driver's license but no car
People who don't own cars get driver's licenses because it's the most common form of ID.

I know that you can get generic provincial IDs without driving privileges, but they're so uncommon that some people actually trust them less than driver's licenses. I had a friend who got carded at EB Games (kek), and they refused to accept his non-driving ID because they've never seen one before and weren't sure if it was actually real. You can't fix stupid, but you can add a workaround to it.

Also, not owning a car != not driving
Some jobs may require a driver's license. So a person may not necessarily drive on their own time, but they might drive on company time.
>>
>>29326772
Might you be from BC?
>>
>Talking to Scout Industries to make one of their sweet optic mounts for an SVT
>Get a response back that SVTs are now $2,000-odd, and they're trying to find a cheap piece to play with
>Ask me if they know of someone who will import them one from here for cheap
That's disappointing, and surprising-didn't know SVTs were that much now.
>>
Anyone know where I can get a Compact 1911 frame or CCO style 1911.
Basically any compact 1911 frame with commander length slide/barrel.
>>
>>29349636
Oh, that's a shame. I'm sure they're just worried about your safety. Do you live in a rural area? Have you already tried selling them the whole 'bear attack' angle?

>>29349671
>carded at EB Games (kek)
H-hahaha yeah.
Happened to me back when I was a teenager, trying to buy something like Grand Theft Auto. Just had to walk out in shame.

I could say, for the sake of argument, that not owning a gun != not shooting. But that would only be for the sake of argument, and not a particularly good one at that, since a PAL is not legally required to shoot as long as you're under supervision of a PAL carrier.
>>
>>29349968
Awwww shit, I've been looking for this too. Are 80% frames still available in Canada as a non-firearm?
>>
>>29350075
Dlask is all sold out of compact frames but yeah still legal.
>>
Any online stores I can trawl for LR308 parts that ship to Canada?
>>
>>29350027
A PAL is not just for shooting/owning guns.

If you want to work at a sporting goods store like Wholesale Sports or Cabela's, you might need a PAL.

If you want to work as an armoured car guard, you will need an RPAL.

If you have a job that requires you to be outdoors with dangerous wildlife, a PAL or RPAL may be optional, but you might feel more comfortable with a gun.

If you, heaven forbid, wish to be an RCMP officer, you might need an RPAL.

You might even need a PAL to work in museums that have a lot of guns for display.

So yes, there are jobs where you might have to handle guns, even if you personally don't own any yourself.
>>
>>29350124
You mean an AR-10? or specifically replacement parts for a DPMS LR308.

If its generic AR-10 parts you can get them inside Canada already

If its replacement parts try asking where you got the gun from or whoever imports DPMS.
>>
>>29350106
Legal to buy without an RPAL? That's funny.
>>
>>29350150
Well I'm trying to build an AR-10 as a first gun because I'm known for my decision making process.

But that means choosing between DPMS and Armalite for the "standard" it'll be built with. DPMS has a larger market share and more 3rd parties making LR308 parts, plus the LR works with AR-15 stocks, so there's all those to choose from.

Trying to really get started on this has been a bitch, and /arg/ hasn't been any help. Plus the DPMS site has been broken for who fucking knows how long.
>>
>>29350125
All very good examples. I'm not even sure if/what I'm trying to argue here. Ultimately I guess my point is that >>29349429 unambiguously sounded like a guy who got his PAL because he wanted to buy a gun, but never got around to that part.
>>
>>29350206
Start here
https://ctcsupplies.ca/search?q=dpms
try googleing "DPMS retailers Canada" if that fails
>>
>>29350244
Thanks anon, bookmark'd.
>>
>>29348693
Keep chill and remember that we're getting the 'good' refugees. Rapey 20 year olds are unlikely to make the cut, and they're all even paying their own air fare. I open the Chronicle Herald and I see stories about the ones they brought in to Nova Scotia saying how much they love it here, and how thankful they are. Like I keep saying, give them 20-30 years and they'll all own food places, like the Lebanese.

And honestly, ISIS's bullshit threats are nothing new. Back in the mid-2000's we had the same shit being done by a different set of assholes, named Al Queda. Bombing Spain and London. As one old Brit who was old enough to remember WW2 put it, "I've been bombed by better classes of scum than them."

And what happened to Al Queda? They're fucking irrelevant, or dead.
>>
>>29351148
>And what happened to Al Queda? They're fucking irrelevant, or dead.
Chop off one head...
>>
>>29349671
I'm a complete pedestrian faggot and I've never had my provincial id turned down because someone thought it wasn't real. Maybe that's because I've never been asked for it at a video game store, but it's not as if I've never been to the liquor store, bought smokes, or went to the casino to lose a hundred bucks.
>>
>>29351195
And we'll chop off the next.

What I find most strange is how terrorism has changed in the last 10 years. Al Queda didn't have an AV department which edited and polished up videos made buy psychos with go-pro cameras. They had one guy with a shitty camcorder recording Osama in a cave.

That they're recruiting through social media is fucked up too. Because it's helping them recruit every screwed up misanthrope out there who would normally just kill himself or shoot up his school.

But enough about this shit, I'm feeling too chill to care too much since I have a job now. And with it the money for funs.
>>
>>29351315
Yeah agreed, there are enough threads about this on /pol/ every day to give me my fill of doom and gloom.
What kinds of guns do you have? I'm a bit of a poorfag but I've collected a few rifles and a shotgun over the years. My 80-year-old Mossberg .22 gave me some serious problems today (chamber failed to seal, felt some hot blowblack on my forehead) so I'm debating whether or not to go spend more than its total value on repairs at the gunsmith.
>>
>>29348818

that waterpark tho
>>
>>29348865
Stittsville is a nice range with a good shop.

However it is overpriced and shooting there is fairly strict. No "one round per 5 second" bullshit, but its mostly "shoot at the bench, don't run around". Becoming a member is fucking retarded price.

I'm at EOSC, it's pretty nice, I go there even if Stittsville is 20 minutes away and EOSC is 45 minutes away.
>>
Where can I find a Ross Rifle?
>>
>>29353289
Check militaria and milsurp gunshow.

You will probably overpay, but last time in Longueuil,Qc there was a lot of Ross on the tables.

Maybe PS Militaria got some too. No idea of their stock lately.
>>
>>29351148
While I agree that in a few generations it'll be corner stores and Abra-Kebabra to the horizon, I don't have much faith that the weeding out process will avoid a UK or Sweden scenario. But if they're paying their own air fare that's not a bad screen in and of itself.
>>
>>29351383
I'm debating whether or not I should try to get a Obrez made from the 'ground up'. Since cutting down a nugget would be illegal it'd be the only way to have one and not get hassled.

I have no idea what this would cost me though, and don't feel like shelling our 3-4 times the cost of what a common variety nagant would.
>>
>>29353814
Debatable, could end up so that actual poor refugees can't come, but assholes backed by institutions make it over.
>>
File: 1457208898176.jpg (141KB, 1000x1506px) Image search: [Google]
1457208898176.jpg
141KB, 1000x1506px
>>29348865
do not go to Stittsville its full of fudds and wannable tacticool gear queers
>>
>>29354261
Get a new barrel made and replace the old one then have it registered within 30 days of changing the length, it's not fucking complicated, people rebarrel nr guns restricted length all the time
>>
>>29354390
>wanting actual poor people to come to Canada
why? the government is supposed to act in the best interest of Canadians, not the best interest of dirt farmers fleeing another country

if we're going to go through the hassle and social problems caused by importing people from very different cultures then we should at least make sure they have valuable skills or wealth

I don't think that time spent in Canada on a refugee visa should count towards citizenship. It's not supposed to be an easy way into a country that has socialized medicine, it's supposed to be a way to escape an actual warzone.
>>
>>29354586
>>29354261
This would be a neat project. You should probably carry a policy letter and a copy of the receipt for the barrel so you can remove reasonable suspicion that you have a prohibited firearm. Cops have seen a lot of pictures of human garbage posing with sawed off bolt action rifles so it might not occur to them that there's a way to be in legal possession of an obrez.
>>
>>29344823
>There isn't a huge overlap in userbase
>There's anything inherently wrong with either site
>You're a not tard
>implications
>>
>>29355176
Reddit is culturally a cancer, like /b/ but more bleeding heart.

As a content aggregation for niche interests it's pretty good and worth checking. Tons of relevant information and threads stick for a long time so you're not likely to miss anything.

What happened to that redditor is indicative of the kinds of people who call themselves redditors and maintain active accounts. He failed to maintain his weapon, attempted a dangerous resolution to his feeding problem instead of clearing the issue and blamed the catastrophic failure on the rifle.
>>
>>29349425
Back to /pol/
>>
File: image.jpg (29KB, 431x286px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29KB, 431x286px
>>29355128
>the government is supposed to act in the best interest of Canadians

Not anymore friend
>>
>>29355244
I love these generalizations from morons who just buy into shitty memes. Reddit is alot like 4chan in that there is a shitload of different users.

A few screengrabs from a few SJW subreddits isn't somehow representative of the entirety of a diverse and amorphous userbase. Sort of like if you took a few screengrabs of a pedophile shitposting on /b/ doesn't suddenly mean he represents the entirety of 4chans users.

It's time to grow up and do a little thinking for yourself.
>>
>>29349540
Persians are cool though. I think it's more of an Arab issue.
>>
>>29348823
Keep stretching bud. You were discussing national policies on immigration. Not attack or defense.
>>
>>29335017
Holy fuck, I'd be down for this.
>>
>>29348639
>>29348663
>>29348669
>>29348693
>>29348708

You guys are fucking ignorant goofs, educate yourselves:

Canada takes in hundreds of thousands of immigrants a year. From between 2004-2013 alone we had:

~105 000 from Pakistan
~73 000 from Iran
~38 000 from Iraq
~36 000 from Egypt
~42 000 from Algeria
~11 000 from Turkey

And countless others from all sorts of other Islamic, middle Eastern nations. The world is not ending because of 25 000 Syrians you fucking clowns.
>>
>>29356931
That does not bother me
What bothers me is dashing the process and paying for everything for them. It's not legitimate immigration
>>
File: cantdealwithit.gif (497KB, 300x126px) Image search: [Google]
cantdealwithit.gif
497KB, 300x126px
>>29355128
>refugee visa
did you miss the part where they all get Landed Immigrant status the moment they step off the plane? nah, they are staying here forever, Landed is basically citizenship without the right to vote (which you get a few years later if you apply for citizenship and it's one ceremony and a simple test)

>mfw they get a free plane ticket, 3 meals a day and hotel stay until a better free place to live can be provided for them and indefinite welfare and child benefits as they go to night school to learn English and pretend to look for work
my family did independent immigration, which entails working in the country for a minimum of 2 years to maintain visa in good standing, behaving yourself, proving you can provide for yourself and don't need gov't help, being responsible for your own health insurance etc. then after 2 years apply for Landed Immigrant, which in independent immigration entails a series of checks, English proficiency tests, gaining a certain amount of merit based points (education, age, TOEFL score, income, family status, no criminal record or background, etc. etc.) and if you get enough points and deemed to be a valuable addition to society, then you get in, re-enter the country at a port of entry and get your Landed Immigrant status.
>system works, btw, we have never received a dollar of any kind of gov't assistance for the nearly 20 years we've been Canadians

watching this is frustrating, to me, other immigrants I know and my Canadian-born friends. we get it, people are in danger, this is a well off 1st world country with progressive views, let's shelter them for a bit.
but a refugee has always been a temporary position, someone who needs a place to stay while shit in his country gets sorted out, not a legitimate process of permanent immigration. giving them Landed status fresh off the plane is basically resettling them here, regardless of how long or how quickly war in their country will end
>>
>>29356931
immigrants =/= refugees
>>
>>29357230
Do you have sauce on the landed status?
>>
>>29356931
Rushing in the economic migrants, and then forcing the taxpayer to not only pay to bring them in, but to financially support them is my major complaint. If they want to come to this country, they should have to work for a few years minimum before they can even think about EI or any other form of welfare.
>>
>>29357327
working now so can't be bothered to dig it up, but it was in a CBC evening news report, when that first batch came through and Trudeau went to take a selfie with them. they mentioned it a few times just off the cuffs sort of thing like it was normal part of the whole thing. looked it up and turned out it was indeed
>>
>>29356931
>25,000 Syrians
Try 57,000 by the end of the year. This is over twice what they previously told us, it's not unreasonable to expect they'll keep upping the number.

Also, legitimate immigrants =/= "refugees"
>>
how much of a pain is it to own a restricted firearm
>>
>>29357391
Can't seem to find it
Though they do make it seem like they're setting them up to stay permanently
But no mention of immigrant status
>>
>>29357577
Not terrible, but it's more of a pain than an NR gun. Storage laws are easy enough to follow (trigger lock before you throw it in the safe), but transport laws kind of suck. Still, once you're cleared for an ATT it's not that bad. Just sucks that you can only take it to a range.
>>
File: the cuckening.jpg (637KB, 1024x546px) Image search: [Google]
the cuckening.jpg
637KB, 1024x546px
>>29357230
>>29357327
>>29357391
>>29357577
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/mccallum-syrian-refugees-1.3348933

>Each refugee will undergo a series of tests overseas to become a permanent resident and landed immigrant, McCallum said. This grants refugees access to benefits many Canadians enjoy, including legal rights, freedom of movement along with equal treatment and protections, to name a few.

so they are basically fast-tracking them through Landed Immigrant applications while they are still in the camps, so when they come, everything is already complete and they get Landed status right away
>>
>>29357577

sorry
>>29357715
was meant for
>>29357633
>>
>>29349016
quick question:

What if I have a PAL but no guns? I have gotten a perscription for antidepressants 4 years ago, but renewed 2 years ago without any trouble.
>>
>>29316861
>Quebec Premier has said there will be no free vote on the matter
Why is Quebec so shitty? We should have disowned those peasoups years ago
>>
File: 1458329750996.jpg (17KB, 316x239px) Image search: [Google]
1458329750996.jpg
17KB, 316x239px
>>29357715
wonder if they can get a gun

its no right but it is a privilege
>>
>>29357780
You don't even need to be a citizen to get a gun. There are a large number of Americans on their Northern border with licenses here so that can come up here and hunt easier.
>And learn grammar and spelling please.
>>
File: 1435464361529.jpg (26KB, 313x254px) Image search: [Google]
1435464361529.jpg
26KB, 313x254px
>>29357715
Better stock up on that ammunition boys, we're gonna need a lot of it in the not so distant future.
>>
>>29357756
people say poly shooty they had was the main driving force behind this, but I think the deeper roots of it is that they want to be different, they want to be Diet France, and France is fully cucked where it comes to firearms
>cultured and civilized people have no need or have any interest in firearms
>>
File: 69898676768.png (202KB, 599x196px) Image search: [Google]
69898676768.png
202KB, 599x196px
>tfw Canada is expected to reach a $30 billion deficit this year
>tfw Trudeau still thinks the budget will balance itself out as he keeps spending more and more money
How the fuck was this guy elected? We're gonna be fucking post WWI Germany tier before his term is up.
>>
File: 1453966175923.gif (301KB, 136x240px) Image search: [Google]
1453966175923.gif
301KB, 136x240px
>>29357855
>man im sick of harper
>no way im voting green party
>no WAY id vote NDP
>sigh, guess il give this guy a shot

and then we all got fucked in the ass

the end
>>
File: The Weedman.jpg (276KB, 500x684px) Image search: [Google]
The Weedman.jpg
276KB, 500x684px
>>29357855
he now says it will balance itself in 5 years
>you will just have to re-elect me after 4 years, so I can make sure that last 5th year is handled right ;)

>How the fuck was this guy elected?
everyone got bamboozled into Harper is Hitler meme and people just voted hard to get him out, Turdeau is more of an externality of that process, filling the vacuum as the leader of the next in line party -- and he is only the leader of that because after trying Dion and Ignatieff, Libs were at their lowest point in 3rd place and he was the only person with a new face and a recognizable name, again just filling the vacuum as the last available pick they had. it is pretty mind boggling how much of an undeserved and accidental PM he is.

on a less depressing note: is Norc jw25a a good cheap bolt action .22lr or are there better options in the same price range?
>>
>>29357990
Look on the brightside, if Trudeau keeps on fucking up this bad then a conservative majority is pretty much guaranteed next election.

Also, anyone step up to be the new leader of the cons yet or are they still figuring that out?
>>
What do you guys think will be the better gun, the CZ 858 or the Type 81? I'm leaning towards the 858 right now, mostly because it's not made in China and it'll be a nice pal for my CZ75. The only advantage I can think of is if the Type 81 takes AK furniture. That shit from Zahal seems overpriced as fuck.
>>
File: VZ-58 stripped.jpg (325KB, 1221x600px) Image search: [Google]
VZ-58 stripped.jpg
325KB, 1221x600px
>>29358058
Neither are going to take AK magazines or furniture without major fitting, so you can forget that.
Also we don't know much about the Type 81 right now, it might turn out to be a complete lemon, so far though we do know that 858's are fairly well made guns.

If you really want to pick then I'd recommend waiting until the Type 81 has been out for a good while.
>>
>>29357818
At this point it's probably because we have a corruption problem rivaling Italy.

They want IT contract for the big firms of their friends. They think they've found a part of society they can tax to oblivions and can get vote out of it because evil gunz.

Fuck this province. Fuck them all. We're kicking and fighting but it's a province of sheep and pigs here.

60k signatures. Small manifestation every 2 weeks or so. Spamming every elected official mailbox with letters.

And fuck all is going to happens.
I wish I could get out of that blue shithole.
>>
File: T81.jpg (370KB, 1270x954px) Image search: [Google]
T81.jpg
370KB, 1270x954px
>>29358041
yeah but a majority is 4 years of King Turd, that is a long time. if he had a minority, he would be limited in how hard he could fuck up and the damage to the country could be minimized because he could be replaced much faster. now he can keep fucking up for 4 years

also, nope, Ms. Plasticface is still interim leader. I really hope they can select someone that is young and intelligent, not part of the old establishment, so Libs have no chance of hanging Harper sins on him and to present a new fresh image to counter Weedman.
>he really is not very intelligent or articulate, would not be so hard to absolutely destroy in a debate. a fair debate, I should add; Harper did not do it simply because his long record, own fuck ups and the propaganda did him in he was written off by most voters before he even opened his mouth

>>29358058
having handled the prototype of T81 at the TO show, and even assuming the production models will be cleaner and more polished up, I can tell you that my friend's CSA VZ fit and finish is light years ahead of it.
having said that, it did felt well put together, just as light as the VZ, all the parts seemed to functionwell despite not being lubricated and having been fondled by a fuckton of people there, and it had a pretty descent trigger.
>seeing as how T97 is now cheaper than when the NR versions first came in, despite the inflation, passing of time and the dollar being in the shitter, I would say wait and buy it in a year or two after the first batch. they will definitely go down to $899 if not lower and there will be reviews from people per-ordering it now
T81 is overall a well-thought out rifle in terms of design, and our yellow overlords have been making them forever in that very caliber, so it is not some new design or one that requires a lot of changes (just removal of the FA ability).
no reason to think they will fuck it up. my money is on it being reliable and rugged just like its military counterpart
>>
>>29358085
>>29358270
Hey thanks. I think I'll try and get an 858 when Wolverine puts them on sale, and if I miss those then I'll wait.
>>
>>29358432
958 you mean?

pretty sure that project fell through
>>
>>29358575
Nope new 858's coming in 1-2 weeks. They cleared customs yesterday
>>
File: DDR feels.png (396KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
DDR feels.png
396KB, 800x1000px
>>29358672
>tfw you got a CSA VZ-58 when the 858's were banned but prefer the blued finish on the 858's to the shitty black enamel on the 58's
>>
>>29357892
>>29357990
Honestly, I hate Harper too, and I was this close to voting Libertarian.

I voted CPC anyway only because it's highly unrealistic for Libertarian to win.
>>
>>29358763
but Anonkun, your CSA is overall a much nicer and better built rifle
Thread posts: 328
Thread images: 48

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.