[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best Self-Defense Item in UK

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 10

File: defendersidehandle.jpg (12KB, 636x265px) Image search: [Google]
defendersidehandle.jpg
12KB, 636x265px
Amerifat here that needs the advice of any Bongs that might be able to help.

I'm planning a trip to Scotland with some of my Amerifat friends and I'm wondering what the most effective weapon I'm allowed to carry is. Ideally, I should be able to legally carry the weapon in major cities such as Glasgow, Edinburgh, and London. It should be relatively small and light, but if a cane/club is my best bet, I'm willing to compromise on that.

What do our law-abiding /k/omrades across the pond carry with them?
>>
>>29280963
A can is acceptable but fedora tier, you will attract violence just buy carrying one.
>>
>>29280982
*Cane
>>
>>29280963
if you carry anything that can be recognized as a weapon, you will probably get vanned yourself.
>>
>>29280963
My money is on a rape whistle. But you might get ticketed for noise.
>>
>>29280963
>self defense
>in the UK
>>
Legally nothing.

And with the exception of Glasgow you won't need a weapon as a tourist.

Why the fuck are you going to Glasgow?
>>
>>29281011
It's where we're flying in.
>>
Doing some research of my own, it looks like a really bright flashlight of metal construction with pokey bits is my best bet. Is this for real?
>>
>>29281048
You won't even need a weapon if you stay the fuck away from Glasgow.
>>
File: UK massive shithole.jpg (1MB, 1940x1500px) Image search: [Google]
UK massive shithole.jpg
1MB, 1940x1500px
>>29281048
>Is this for real?
Yes, it is.
Seriously, how new are you? It's a well known FACT that UK is one of the worst shithole's of EU, where any kind of self-preservation attempts are illegal.
>>
>>29281074
How dare you question progressive agenda of enlightenment.
>>
>>29281062
Wow, that brainwashing has really gotten to you.
>>
File: 1450735957614.png (6KB, 356x480px) Image search: [Google]
1450735957614.png
6KB, 356x480px
>>29281139
>>
>>29281074

I work in Tower Hamlets, I go out and about at night all the time and it's perfectly safe.
>>
>>29281215
says everyone until the first time they get mugged by a group of dindus or underaged teens.
>>
>>29281276

London is a really safe city, most crime is non-violent theft and burglary
>>
>>29281305
>London is a really safe city
jesus christ, just how 1984-tier brainwashed are you bongs?
>>
>>29281340

>LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT WHERE YOU LIVE

fuck off bellend

118 homicides last year out of a population of ~9m. New York has a slightly smaller population by .5m but triple the total murders.
>>
>>29281305
>implying crime doesn't occur everywhere

God, I cant wait until the UK just burns to the ground
>>
>>29281415
lol it happens every ~75 years.
>>
>I'm planning a trip to Scotland with some of my Amerifat friends and I'm wondering what the most effective weapon I'm allowed to carry is

What exactly do you imagine yourself doing? Wearing green and, dancing through the middle of Castlemilk, singing "fuck you catholics, you're goin' home inna maryhill ambulaaance"?

If not, then what the fuck do you imagine you need a weapon for? you're a bunch of fucking tourists. you're not going to be getting into a glasgow gang fight.

Get a fucking grip, you fucking twat.
>>
>>29281375
>>LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT WHERE YOU LIVE

but they're Americans. Of course they know EVERYTHING about london.

and they're experts on the Mooselimb invasion of the UK. That bloke from Fox News told them that Birmingham is a "no-go" zone, remember....
>>
>>29281551
>Get a fucking grip, you fucking twat.
This, only Americans think it is normal to go on vacation armed.
>>
>>29281551
>What are muggings of gullible tourists
>>
>>29280963
moving to the country
>>
>>29281631
Clearly, the best way is to fly into the UK with a 1911 in your hand luggage. Trust me, its the best solution.

if you're so fucking paranoid, or so fucking stupid to walk into the roughest areas of the inner cities, and get yourself mugged, its better that you just get deported back to the US on arrival.

its for your own good, because you're clearly as dumb as a sackfull of spanners. .
>>
>>29281631
>What are muggings of gullible tourists
Do not walk around dressed like a tourist then, cargo shorts and a baseball cap is like a flashing neon light that says "American".
>>
>>29281684
Or worse, a tartan polyester skirt, while waddling along Princes Street yelling "Yeah! I'm Scawttish! Hey! You! Which way is it to Eedinboro Castle?"

Yes, I've seen that actually being said by some obese behemoth there.
>>
>>29280963

I know this thread exists to circlejerk hate on bongs, but you can't carry something for the exclusive reason of a weapon.

However, say if you are backpacking/hiking you can carry a knife.

If someone assault's (extremely unlikely) you can use "reasonable force" to defend yourself.

What posters on /k/ fail to realise that by falling for the /int/ and /pol/ memes they are just as stupid as the liberals who talk about getting shot by traveling to America.
>>
So a really bright flashlight--

Excuse me a "blut'y broight electro-torch wif li'l pokies oll oer it" is really my best bet.

Great.
>>
>>29281778
>"blut'y broight electro-torch wif li'l pokies oll oer it"
No wonder you feel the need to go around armed.
>>
>>29281011
>And with the exception of Glasgow you won't need a weapon as a tourist.
Edinbourgeois detected.
>>
>>29281815
Well, they say that intelligence is the best defence...

but its pretty clear that's entirely absent in this case, so... I suppose he's desperately trying to find a substitute for a working brain.
>>
Shit, I check with my buddy and he said that the UK just banned assault torches with locking beams longer than three inches. How am I supposed to defend myself with that?
>>
>>29281778
this.

TN-12
>>
>>29281740

>reasonable excuse

This. Everyone always forgets this. If you have a reason to have it on you, then you're fine.

I do a lot of mountaineering but live near London so I'm regularly walking through Central London train stations with incredibly sharp ice axes/crampons/multi tools/instruments of death and if I have been stopped, I tell them why I have them and they let me go on my merry way for I have a reason to carry them.

Shamaz in Tower Hamlets isn't on his way to the Highlands with his Petzl Quark axe. He's out to fuck somebody up. Shamaz will get arrested for carrying a weapon.

Or, carry a blade of less than 3 inches without a locking mechanism.
>>
File: 61rA8vob4kL._SL1500_.jpg (45KB, 684x1500px) Image search: [Google]
61rA8vob4kL._SL1500_.jpg
45KB, 684x1500px
>>29282098
Do I have to have proof for the excuse? And is backpacking around a good enough reason to carry it all the time?
>>
>>29282188
We are actually planning on going up to the highlands.
>>
>>29282205
I'll call the mountain rescue to be ready to pick up your bodies.
>>
>>29282205

>going into the Highlands
>he thinks a weapon will save him

nigger, Scottish weather is far deadlier than anything living in the cities.
>>
>>29282188

Carrying it on its own is asking for trouble; on a hiking/mountaineering pack with some rope, gear and at least wearing some hiking boots will lend you some credibility.

>>29282396

This. So much this. The Highlands are no fucking joke, no matter how 'small' the mountains are.
>>
>>29280963
>Glasgow
Just stay away from glasgow and you'll be good, even if you do end up in glasgow, you don't need to carry anything, just pick up the nearest bottle.
>>
>>29282017
>TN-12
Nitecore P12 is the same but cheaper
I keep it on my nightstand for things that go bump, or innapocket for nighttime CCW.
If you get a 1" Ring mount it is a great rifle light, they even sell pressure pad adapter tailcaps.
>>
>>29280963
canemasters.com
or
padlock in a tubesock

I need a cane for walking and have been a longtime customer. By law, canes can go everywhere you can go - planes, trains, museums, etc.

padlock in a sock is super weird and has tremendous shock value. Fairly good as a standoff device, but not suitable for any extended melee. In fact, I cannot recommend it's usage unless you are a good runner, because you're only going to get in one good shot before they reorganize and chuck your corpse into the nearest dumpster.
>>
>>29280963
OI THERE OP WHAT YOU WANT TO DEFEND YOURSELF FOR, that's bloody rude!
just give the assailant anything they want like a good boy and call the rozzers after. you're lucky you're not under arrest for a thought crime!
>>
I live full time at seven thousand feet or above. In the winters, my hometown is frequently cited as the coldest place on Earth (that day).
>>
File: 1457242984437-1.jpg (119KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1457242984437-1.jpg
119KB, 500x500px
>>29280963
https://www.askthe.police.uk/content/Q589.htm
>The only fully legal self defence product at the moment is a rape alarm. These are not expensive and can be bought from most local police stations or supermarkets.
>>
>>29285732
every fucking time I try to think how England can't be too bad, they fucking surprise me again.

one again, glad as fuck I escaped that shit, and now live happily in the us with my guns.
>>
>>29280963
>Best Self-Defense Item in UK

Consent.
>>
I carry a barely legal folding knife and a self defence pen which is basically a kubotan.

The pen is probably your best bet legally. Plus it hurts like hell when stabbed with one.
>>
If you're visiting Glasgow, planning to look like a tourist, and thinking it's SO bad that you need to carry a weapon, then you deserve whatever the Scots have in store for you.
>>
File: britain yes.webm (2MB, 800x330px) Image search: [Google]
britain yes.webm
2MB, 800x330px
Run away.
>>
>>29281305
HAHAHAHAHAHA

>>29281847
It is true tough, even chavs have almost disappeared. And our muslims are not violent, yet.
>>
>>29285577
you might have a chance of not dying immediately then.

seriously, the highlands kill or hospitalise people every week because they think is "just" a 4000 feet high hill. they're not. They are on the same latitude as Moscow. They are technically classed as tundra toward their peaks, there is permafrost up there. You will find snow in June or july, and fresh snow by september. they will bite you, and they will kill.

and I say that from first-hand experience, having been scraped off those mountains 20 years ago with a shattered pelvis, a broken hip, 4 broken vertebrae, 3 broken ribs and several others badly bruised, a dislocated shoulder, hypothermia. and concussion.

I'm lucky to be alive. I've climbed mt whistler, and mt McKinley, I've climbed the Eiger, Jungfraujoch, Matterhorn. Friends of mine have climbed mt Elbrus, and done climbs in the Himalayas, and the hills they respect most are the Highlands.

the cairngorms and the likes are more dangerous than the alps, and in many ways, as dangerous as the himalayas. the weather can turn from bright to white-out in 30 seconds flat. when the weather turns, it becomes lethal. Visibility is under 10 feet on average, wind speeds of 60-100mph are common.

Underestimate those hills, and its your life that's likely to be cut short.
>>
>>29289732
what is this from?
>>
File: 1390546763593.png (200KB, 665x710px) Image search: [Google]
1390546763593.png
200KB, 665x710px
You're already on the list.
>>
File: 1437263177126.jpg (13KB, 152x255px) Image search: [Google]
1437263177126.jpg
13KB, 152x255px
>>29289732
>>
A magazine

Roll that son of a bitch nice and tight, jab with the ends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyZU7lfGjyk
>>
>>29289732
>female cops
>>
File: strong womyn.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
strong womyn.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>29291736
>female cops
>>
>>29280963
Don't walk in blatantly sketchy areas and you'll be fine.
Actually, if you're going to visit Scotland just steer clean of big cities/towns in general, they're shit.
>>
File: greater good.jpg (32KB, 804x494px) Image search: [Google]
greater good.jpg
32KB, 804x494px
>>29291277
>His presence here was not conducive to the public good.
>>
>>29280963
Crossbow is legal in UK for some reason
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TN8Ehr07bY8

As for a carryable weapon, some sort of cane, club?
>>
>>29289820
i feel like i've seen this on netflix but can't remember the name of it.
>>
>>29281578
>That bloke from Fox News told them that Birmingham is a "no-go" zone, remember....
Birmingham is a no-go zone, though. Has been more before the Allah mongers arrived.
>>
Can of soda in a canvas tote bag.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPoxee46S4s
>>
>>29291920
there's an important difference between "mooslim no-go zone where police dare not enter" and "shithole no-one in their right mind would want to visit".

Detroit is a shithole no-one in thier right mind would visit. So's Middlesbrough. Or Flint. or Birmingham.
>>
>>29289820
figured it out, it's from a film called "G.B.H." came out in 2012, it's also called RIOT

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2241475/
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.