[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Storing firearms without a safe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: 1443187307400.jpg (107KB, 1040x1055px) Image search: [Google]
1443187307400.jpg
107KB, 1040x1055px
I'm leaving on a 14 day trip out of the country in a few hours and the thought of someone breaking in and stealing my guns is nerve wrackingly stressful for me.

I live in a relatively high humidity place, would storing a plastic hardcase with foam pads in my attic expose them to humidity and rust them? I understand foam retains humidity but I want to make sure if it's fine or not.
>>
Naw you should be good. If you're worried about moisture, just shell out like $50 in silica gel packets and cover the guns with em
>>
>>29242896

I put mine in my trunk and park in my Uncle's garage. Pay someone to drop me off at airport.

It works for me.
>>
>>29243068
I'm reading about how a lot of people tried this and had rust all over their guns. I live in South Florida if that helps.
>>
>>29242896
vacuum seal them with a heavy coat of oil
>>
>>29243195
I'm afraid I only have clp on me right now and possibly milcomm tw25b
>>
Where do you store them now so that they aren't exposed to humidity?
>>
>>29243307
I usually just leave them in my closet or under my bed.
>>
>>29243134
Dont put it on the gun, put it on the case.
>>
>>29243318
then just do that? I live in a fairly high humid place and my guns are fine. I would be more worried about theft for being out for more than a few days. Thus why i got renters insurance and an NRA membership (since there is gun specific insurance included)
>>
>>29242896
Put in rice to absorb moisture.
>>
Just hide them wherever and make sure they're soaked in oil or grease first
>>
>>29243369
>then just do that?

Problem is, that's the most obvious spots for a burglar to check. I should be fine if I have multiple vehicles outside of my house and keep my lights on when I leave right? I don't live in a bad neighborhood but our house got broken in ~6 years ago
>>
>>29242896
D E S S I C A N T
>>
stuff your guns in the fridge

>problem solved

no crook would sneak into your house and look in the fridge for no reason
>>
>>29243746
Criminals have been known to drink milk or make a sandwich. This is exactly why I keep meat treated with sarin inside my fridge with the safe one in the back.
>>
>>29243852
Stay /k/lassy commrade
>>
Bag them and put them in the attic.
>>
>>29242896
The foam case is a bad idea. Personally I'd get a large plastic bag that the whole thing can fit in, clean the shit out of it, oil the fuck out of it, squeeze the air out of the bag and close it up with a heat.
>>
I live in a high humidity place too.

I dessicant my ammo, and just usually keep them in the closet with dessicants.

Just keep them closeby a lot of them and you should be ok.

>not leaving them with a trusted pro gun friend while you are away
>>
>>29242896

If you have an attic, just put them somewhere inconspicuous in that attic, and then put some other junk on top of them. You're only gone for 14 days, so I'd just do your regular cleaning procedures, they'll be fine.

There's no point in going all Comerade Cosmoline on them if you're going to be gone for a period of time that most guns do without being used anyway.

The best thing you can do is hire a trustworthy friend or neighbor to take in your mail and papers every day so it doesn't look like the house is unoccupied. timed lights would also help, a few lights in your living area on from 6 to midnight and a porch light that is light activated to stay on from dawn to dusk.

If you don't know anyone that you can buy a nice dinner in exchange for picking up your mail and taking out the trash for two weeks, reevaluate your life choices.
>>
>>29243852
>vegan breaks in while you're gone
>tough break on that sarin meat kek
>>
>>29244783
>Trust anyone

Commie.
>>
>>29242896
>He doesn't have a hidden crawl space
>>
>>29242896
Put them in your oven, wrapped in some paper towels.

I'm 100% serious.
>>
>>29244888
Die alone faggot

>Nice trips
>>
>>29242896
just remove the firing pins. if they get stolen then atleast they won't be able to hurt anyone

>Jamal rolls up to cap some niggas
>BLOOD FOR LIFE YO!
>CLICK CLICK
>da fuck
laughs for days.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.