[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oregon pistol law

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

So, as someone who is 19, can I buy a handgun from a private seller? What about from family? I know I can't from an FFL. I think I can but idk if the transfer would make it impossible because it has to go through an FFL.

Pic related I wanna buy this from my dad.
>>
If your state allows private transfers, yes. No need to go through a FFL.

If your state does not allow private transfers, then no. The FFL will not transfer you a handgun if you are younger than 21.
>>
>>29242171
As of the new law for private transfers, probably not. End of last year we got stuck with a requirement for all sales having to go through an FFL. Including private. Though I know for a fact it's not enforced or checked on everywhere in the state.
>>
>>29242400
Balls. So is there ANY legal way for someone under 21 to own a handgun?
>>
>>29242421
Parental gift
>>
>>29242421
Oh really? Sweet, I guess the price of the car I was buying off of him is gonna go up by $300 as well.

How does gifting work exactly? Like, can be just give it to me or is there paperwork?
>>
>>29242478
Bumping, still need the answer to this question.
>>
>>29242478

Honestly, what does it matter? Your dad buys the gun, says "here you go". What's gonna happen? There's no gun registry here.
You won't be able to buy ammo for it yourself though.
>>
>>29244279
More on his side of things, he's a bit fuddy. Not terribly fuddy, but a bit.
>>
>>29244279

You can buy pistol ammo if under 21, can't you?

It's for your carbine.
>>
>>29244317

Well that's up to him, then. Background checks are required in private sales and technically it is illegal for someone under 21 to own a handgun here. Do you still live at home? If so, the best you could do is get him to buy it for you, and then it'll be "his" gun until you turn 21, then you can do whatever you like for it.

>>29244339

If the person selling you the ammo believes you then sure I suppose that'd work. I think a lot of places just set store policies where you have to be 21 to buy certain calibers. I suppose it's worth a try though.
>>
>>29244354
I thought the law was that it was legal to own a handgun under 21 just hard to legally acquire. Under 21 you can borrow a handgun though right, just like any long gun?
>>
>>29244403

If you have it and you aren't with the owner, you're in possession of it and therefor breaking the law. There's no legal way to acquire a handgun in the state if you're under 21.
>>
>>29244354
If its legal to borrow the handgun I'll just borrow it for 2 years then we can decide it'll just be easier for me to own it.
>>
>>29244442
Oh shit, that sucks. Well, I'll talk to him about it and see what we can get worked out. Worst comes to worst I'll pay him now and he'll hold onto it til I'm 21 then he'll officially give it to me.
>>
You really can't trust what people post here - it may be right but it may not, and it's on you to be sure.

Here: http://www.oregonfirearms.org/faq
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.