[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can I get a handgun that's not on the approved list.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (113KB, 425x425px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
113KB, 425x425px
So I want a glock 30s or an MP45 but let's face it the approved handgun list is dwindling.
What would be the easiest and least expensive way of attaining them.
Please note I have family in New Mexico if that helps, can they "gift" me one?
Also it would be my first firearm so any suggestions would be appreciated too.
>>
File: image.jpg (56KB, 800x521px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56KB, 800x521px
>>29240444
I really like the MP45 but is the trigger really that bad?
>>
>>29240444
the legal way is to find someone who already has one before SSE ended within the state that is selling one and transfer/buy it through a gun store. You can buy off roster handguns as long as they were good to go before the end of SSE.
>>
Well if you don't give a shit about the law then you could just have your out of state family buy it and give it to you.

Normally in CA private party transfers have to go through an FFL and you cannot transfer a handgun that is not on the approved roster.
HOWEVER you can transfer a gun off of the roster if it is a private party transfer between two California residents.

So if you really want it and you want it 100% legally you need to find someone in the state who has one and buy it from them.
>>
>>29240553
Okay this definitely seems legit. Is California ever gonna change?
>>
>>29240444
convince manufacturers to stop selling to CA government/police and taking repairs until the ban is lifted
>>
>>29240560
Okay what if I can get a New Mexico id then buy it there and bring it here? And just say I moved here?
>>
>>29240588
I like the way you think.

What decent .45's can I buy in California. I wouldn't mind 9mm but my wife actually likes the .45.
>>
>>29240444
If your parents or grandparents are in New Mexico and are okay with buying it for you, have them send it to an FFL (easiest way is for them to talk to an FFL in New Mexico since FFLs get the cheapest rates to ship a handgun).

Explain to your CA FFL that you're doing a roster-exempt intra-family transfer of a handgun, and they can note it on the DROS form they send to CA DOJ when the handgun comes in.

If you don't have parents or grandparents in NM, you'll have to find one already in CA being sold by someone who got it in before the SSE closure, and then pay their 25-100% markup (lol $1,200 VP9s). Calguns has a Want-To-Buy forum for this reason.

>>29240596
You could potentially do that, but CA DOJ will assfuck you if you have things like car registration with the DMV that are clear evidence you lied about just moving here.
>>
>>29240784
Thank you sir. Great information.
>>
>>29240444
Pawnshop or private party sale.
>>
>>29240784
Also does it have to be parent or grandparent or would a brother work also?
>>
>>29240875

No brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles etc... , has to be parents or grandparents.
>>
>>29241500
Yeah I ended up good long that. When that one anon mentioned doing a roster-exempt intra-family transfer I googled that and got all kinds of insight.
>>
>>29241500
>has to be parents or grandparents.

Well get the adoption paperwork started right away. I always wanted to have a bunch of /k/ids.
>>
>>29240444
>Make friends with a cop
>ask friend cop to buy a pistol for you
>private party transfer
Or you can pay the 75-100% mark-up to laughing LEOs as they sell you a used gen 4 glock 19 for $950. Best place to meet defeatist Californians and laughing LEOs is over at calguns.net

>>29240586
No, CA legislation is decided by LA and San Francisco fucks that vote for "the one with the "D." CA democrats are pro-immigration because Hispanics overwhelmingly vote democratic for state-funded programs. It's a vicious cycle that leaves 4/5ths of the state unrepresented in Sacramento. Don't expect change anytime soon.

>>29240875
intra-familial inter-state transfers only work vertically. Grandpa, grandma, mother and father are good to go. Aunt, uncle, brother and sister are a no go.
>>
>>29240588
Dubs confirm.
>>
>>29240588

Won't do a damn thing.

Barrett played that card, and the state agencies just shrugged their shoulders and bought a bunch of Steyr HS-50's.
>>
>>29240586
You can only hope that pena v cid is successfully appealed.

Fun fact, the judge who ruled in favor of the roster specifically told people if they wanted guns, they could just let people out of state buy it for them. Yes, the dumb bitch told people to just do a straw purchase.
>>
>>29243299
Supreme court justices everyone!

Clap!
>>
>>29243314
H I G H T E S T
I
G
H

T
E
S
T
>>
>>29240444
Move out of COMMIEFORNIA
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.