[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Firearm Storage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: PalletRack.jpg (67KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
PalletRack.jpg
67KB, 640x960px
Hey /k/, this is a bit /diy/ but I believe it's still best to ask here.
I need affordable storage for my guns, it's gotten out of hand, I kept buying shit whenever I could get a good deal during sales and shit, but these guns are everywhere. I sleep on the fucking couch because it takes too long to move them all elsewhere.
I'm looking for an affordable way to store them so that they take up less space.
I think the best way for me would be to have a setup that has them leaning against a rack side by side.
Any good things I could alter to turn it something ?
I have all kinds of lengths and I would like it to be able to suit 30 long guns. 50 if possible.
On the internet I saw something made out of pallets, which was a good idea, but the ones I have access to are shaped differently than what I saw.
Any advice on this matter ? How do you guys do it (without dropping lods of emone on a safe)?
Pic related is the pallet rack.
>>
>>29217788
a fucking safe
>>
If you have that many guns then there is no reason not to get a good safe.
>>
>>29217788
buy 50 gun socks and throw them bitches under the bed.

Hope you never get broken into.
>>
I need to get a safe. It just sucks because what I'll spend on a safe is going to be what I could spend on my next 2 or 3 gun purchases. And I got a baby due to be born next month. The wife wants the safe but it's going to be a fight next time I buy a gun.
>>
I have two guns and I don't plan on buying any more so I just have a pelican case which is locked and then tethered with a long cable to a pipe on the boiler
>>
>>29221757
Get the safe first you stupid fuck. >>29221767
>>
>>29221781
Why would I buy a safe if I have two guns?
>>
>>29221804

To put both of them in, the ammo for them and all of your important paper work like car titles, house deeds, tax returns ect ect as well as spare cash and other valuables.
>>
>>29221931
>Putting important paperwork into a gunsafe

H-holy fuck anon. It's almost like you're asking for someone to steal your raifus and your livelihood.
>>
JESUS FUCK ANON

IT IS LIKE YOU ARE ACTUALLY DUMB-TARDED.

WHATCHA DO IS, IS YOU GET ON YOUR LOCAL CLASSIFIEDS, AND NO, NOT THE TRANNY SEX ADS, YOU DEVIANT QUEER. YOU GO AND YOU FIND YOUR SELF SOME HICK WHO IS TRYING TO GET RID OF HIS CHEST FREEZER.

YOU HAUL THAT SHIT HOME, AND THEN YOU LEARN WHY THOSE FUCKERS HAVE TUBULAR LOCKS. NOT BECAUSE NIGGERS STEAL YOUR FROZEN MEAT, BUT BECAUSE YOU CAN PUT RIFLES IN THERE AND NO ONE WILL BE THE WISER.
>>
>>29222030
>not bolting the shit down

tell me, if not in the safe, where would you put your important papers?
>>
Bury them. Just bury them straight in the ground. People think guns rust but they are idiots, nothing wears out underground and light surface rust only forms to protect the metal from more rust. Just make sure you fill the bore with peanut butter to protect the rifling since you don't want worms crawling in it.
>>
>>29222280
>using PB instead of chewing gum to seal the barrels

Do you want an ant colony to move into anons guns?
>>
>>29217788
Depends on your storage goals. If you just need them out of the way and on display, a simple rack like you see in a gun store should be easy to make out of a few dozen 2x4's.

If you need secure storage, then I'd recommend a large, locking cabinet. Reinforce it with wood and take out the shelves. Now since one could get into this thing with a crowbar and 2 minutes, I suggest labeling it with something like "Fertilizer, Weed Killer, and Big Trash Bags"

If you need it to be secure and able to withstand fire, you gonna need a big, expensive safe.
>>
>>29222244
There's other ways of opening safes on the stop, anon.

The point of a safe is to delay scum bags from opening it and stealing your raifus. They're not necessarily as tight as a bank vaults. That said, there're good ones out there, but if you live in a rural area like me, and are gone for periods of time, people can still your shit.

>inb4 ADT
>inb4 pupper
>>
>>29223393
A safe will stop more people from grabbing your shit than not having a safe

They won't stop someone who knows you have one and want what's in it, short of catching him in the act and possibly magdumping him he's gonna find a day you're not home and take it, in a safe or not.

They will stop someone who has broken into your house looking for something shiny like a ps4 or a tv but didn't bring metal cutting tools it anything like that
>>
>>29223694
>A safe will stop more people from grabbing your shit than not having a safe

Well shit, did I come off as that retarded?
>>
>>29223393
My solution to this problem is an alarm system rigged up to a 135dB alarm. If someone comes moseying around, you blow out their eardrums until they either fucking git or cut the power, in which case, they probably attracted a lot of attention or you have the cops on the way already.
>>
File: KIMG0102.jpg (646KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
KIMG0102.jpg
646KB, 750x1000px
>>29217788
I went down to the local salvage store and got a big ass utility locker for $25. The bitch is insanely large, heavy as sin, and comes with a nice locking hoop. If I were to cut out the internal shelves, I could easily fit that many long guns, albeit without much organization.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.