[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Archery Arrows

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (138KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
138KB, 1920x1080px
Any archers here that would be able to give a newfag some advice?
I'm in the process of picking my equipment, but I'm confused as to what to pick for my arrows.
I'll be shooting a target recurve, 66", 30lb (to start with) with a 27" arrow length .
How do i work out what spine and weight point to pick?
I've heard good things about Easton's arrows, so i'm thinking about going with them.
>>
Pretty much every combination of arrow shaft and arrow head has a different weight and flight pattern so the only thing you can do is PRACTICE
>>
>>29214933
So I should just get say some Easton X7's with a spine of 1914 and just keep on at it?
>>
>>29214949

Whatever, it's personal choice. If I was you I'd get ones with a reputation for quality and longevity.
>>
>>29215026
Cheers mate, thanks for the advice.
>>
File: 221299103_orig.jpg (327KB, 1278x872px) Image search: [Google]
221299103_orig.jpg
327KB, 1278x872px
>>29214904
The choice will mostly depend on your price range. I only shoot x10s, but also dumped a good 500 dollars into the shafts and the components.
>>
You don't need much of a spine with that bow.

Basic wooden budget target arrows that shops sell for 20-30 pound bows would work for you at your draw length.
>>
>>29215886
If he wants to do any real shooting, i'd caution against buying cheap shit. You get what you pay for, especially in archery.
>>
If you're going to make arrows, definitely get a spine tester. You can get decent ones for like 100 bucks, or maybe better on ebay. Point weight depends on arrow spine and draw weight. I make wooden arrows, so that's where my specialty is. That said, its a lot easier to get aluminum or carbon arrows that shoot well. Wood is only best for authenticity in the borderline autistic traditional archery world.
>>
>>29214904
>>29215935

Also, if you even feel like your bow is "inaccurate" definitely google paper tuning. That will help with arrow setup choice too.
>>
>>29215949
I disagree, paper tuning is only for bad arrow flight after you rule out operator error.
>>
>>29215913

Eh, I've found the wooden target arrows to be fine for 30 pound bows.

More than good enough to get fundamentals down, and they'll group fine if you do your part.

Generally, they won't be any cheaper than your target/club aluminum things.
>>
>>29214904
Go to an archery shop, talk to a pro, let him analyze your shooting. Don't take advice from people who have never seen you shoot. Buy either Easton (mid-range prices), Gold Tip (expensive), or Carbon Express (cheap).
>>
>>29216007
Definitely agree with going to an archery shop, get their advice on your equipment before choosing anything at all.
>>
>>29215935

Spine testing isn't need for 30 pounds at 27"

Only when you get to 40 pounds does it really matter, and even then, it's borderline if you have a short draw length.

50-60 is where it's needed.
>>
>>29216036
>Spine don't matter
Uh huh. You can go shoot your arrows that will explode when you release. I'd prefer no shards of arrow in my hand.
>>
>>29216036
>50-60 is where its needed
so me with my 75lb and my co worker with his 85lb dont have to worry
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.