[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

China military spending to eclipse USAs by 2035

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: DS.jpg (123KB, 1073x453px) Image search: [Google]
DS.jpg
123KB, 1073x453px
>In 2016, China's Air Force is the largest in the Pacific and its Navy has the largest amount of surface combatants in the world. In its continual buildup of military hardware and troops, China is expected to make more claims in expanding its territory and pose a risk to the security of nearby countries in the South China Sea and South East Asia.
>China has progressively been increasing its military expenditure (though it boasts one of the lowest percentages of GDP spent on the military at 1.2%) and is expected to reach 700 billion US dollars by 2035, eclipsing the US Armed Forces which will actually be decreasing in expenditure growth, settling at an expected 650 billion dollars.

Thoughts?
>China going full super sayan in less than 20 years
>>
>>29204626
Exponential growth is not sustainable
>>
For that to happen, China must keep the same growing GDP and the same % for military spending for 20 years.

That's realy unlikely to happen.
>>
>extrapolating growth into the future and not considering geopolitical events and future contingencies.

yeah, ok whatever ChongChing
>>
>>29204626
Why is it that all these CHINA WIRR GROW RARGER predictions are all based upon exponential growth with no end in sight?

Why would China want or even need US amounts of spending? They have a fraction of the international commitments that even the UK has and their primary goal right now is essentially colonizing Africa where even their WWII Soviet Surplus could win the day.
>>
irrelevant Chang. the US hasnt shown their true power level in over 70 years.
>>
>>29204666
>Why do you NEED such a large budget
>Why do you NEED so many planes
>Why do you NEED so much personnel
>Why do you NEED guns
>Why do you NEED rights
Not a chinkboo but you can you not fucking do this.
>>
>>29204626
My thoughts are that their economic downturn will be hilarious and I wonder if I will continue to see the 50 cent party
>>
>>29204681
The size of the US military is directly related to it's international commitments though.

Good try on the strawman about rights though, good little cuck.
>>
>>29204696
>Economic downturn
Yeah... just like the crash in 2014, and 2015, and 2016...

Surely the next one will get them right?

>yfw they are literally back in the green right now not even a month after the latest '''''crash'''''
>>
>>29204666
you know china has a population of 1.5 billion?

If anything the west will begin to decline in GDP and experience significant unrest/civil wars due to massive non-white populations.
>>
>>29204681
>rights vs budget

You must be very wealthy anon, because in the real world if you don't need 10 of something, you don't buy 10 of it. Why would China NEED to spend that much, when at best they'd be matching us? It makes more sense to spend smarter, not harder.

lrn 2 econ
>>
>>29204698
>Actually referencing the /pol/ chart
I'll take a wew with a side of lad

>International commitments will never change
>>
>>29204708
>you know china has a population of 1.5 billion?

By that argument India should have been a superpower in 1970 since all you need is population.
>>
File: 1428022885887.png (93KB, 235x257px) Image search: [Google]
1428022885887.png
93KB, 235x257px
>>29204705
>trusting PRC "official non-manipulated guaranteed fresh!™" figures
>>
>>29204681
Are you in highschool?
>>
>>29204716
>I have never heard the term 'strawman' until I went to /pol/

Get out and stay out.
>>
China does not need to eclipse American expenses. China is more efficient with the tax money. America is well known to be bureaucratically corrupt.
>>
>>29204865
qeq
>>
>>29204865
+15 CNY
>>
>>29204705
>Its not a crash!
>The government shut down the stock exchanges because reasons!
>BUT ITS NOT A CRASH
>>
>>29204626
You also have to take into consideration we spend an inordinate amount on failed projects that are nothing more than hollow cash grabs by the MIC, like the F-35. We waste so much money, so it is entirely feasible that china will be a superior military superpower to the USA before 2035.
>>
>>29205042
Because China only copies and even fails at that. Also: >>29204677
>>
>>29204708
>If anything the west will begin to decline in GDP and experience significant unrest/civil wars due to massive non-white populations.

By your own logic, China is doomed to continuous internal conflict and perpetual Third World statehood. The population of China isn't white.
>>
>>29205042
>we

What's this we shit, Hop Sing?
>>
>>29204881

Not to be that guy, but Chinese currency is "renminbi", ticker symbol RMB
>>
>>29205908
He thinks there are just han chinese in China.
>>
China wouldn't even need the 1/2 of the USA budget to archive its strategical goals.
>>
>>29204705
China is doing damage control by imposing currency restrictions and stock sale restrictions. its really easy to stop a stock price from falling if no one can sell or buy it.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.