[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you rather own one nice gun or three cheap guns?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

File: JONES_191184.jpg (124KB, 725x550px) Image search: [Google]
JONES_191184.jpg
124KB, 725x550px
Would you rather own one nice gun or three cheap guns?
>>
one nice gun
>>
>>29203690
I'd rather own one without a fucknasty roll mark, tbqh fem.
>>
One working gun.
>>
>>29203690
If we're talking 1911s I would totally take 3 cheap ones.
>>
File: AF.jpg (37KB, 497x750px) Image search: [Google]
AF.jpg
37KB, 497x750px
>>29203690

depends on which guns but a cheap pistol, a cheap rifle and a cheap shotgun are going to be more useful in more settings than one nice gun.

Example, If I could only have one or the other, I'd rather have my Glock 19, AR-15 and Mossberg 500 over a single H&H side by side shotgun since I can't carry that when I walk my dog or shoot things more than 150m away.

>This thread will be full of people who don't know what nice guns are.
>>
File: image.jpg (39KB, 567x425px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39KB, 567x425px
I would rather one three working surplus guns, let's say a feg hi power rip off, a Astra constable and a surplus Jericho or 92fs I would want those rather then a HK or Very nice Sig.
>>
3 RELIABLE cheap guns? Or did you mean 1 nice, as in safe queen, gun?
Because if I were to take my 1 nice gun out with me or ever use it in a self-defense situation, the cops are going to take that gun away for who knows how long, and I'd be out of a really nice gun.

If I had 3 WORKING cheap guns, I don't have the same problem.
Unless OP meant 3 shit guns, to which, why is that even a question?
>>
You're describing how I wish my life was, vs how it actually is.
>>
>>29203772
>the cops are going to take that gun away for who knows how long, and I'd be out of a really nice gun.

This is one of the more retarded arguments that come up in the gun community. If you are so extraordinarily unlucky to actually have to defend your life with your firearm the least of your worries would be how much the gun you used is worth.

Implying that your life isn't worth the price of a gold plated Korth is ridiculous.
>>
>>29203690
I'd take my three CZ82s over my USP.
The value is about the same, and the CZs are more practical guns for a civilian to own for self defense.

If one breaks, is stolen, or confiscated... I still have 2 guns.
>>
>>29203860
You may also be the target of revenge by friends/family of the perp, so you would be better off still having guns, you nogunz faggot.
>>
>>29203860
That's the thing. Is OP saying 1 nice gun as in very reliable and accurate or is he saying a blinged out custom that runs north of a thousand dollars?

If he meant 1 nice reliable gun vs. 3 taurus shits, then yea, I'd go for the 1 nice gun.
If he meant 1 custom $1000+ gun vs. 3 glocks, then of course I'd rather 3 glocks for actual real world use rather than baby'd in the safe and only on the range.
>>
>>29203880
I would take one custom Sig/HK/Wilson/etc over 3 glocks every time
>>
>>29203864
>If one breaks... I still have 2 guns they can place in my coffin.

fixed
>>
>>29203899
>implying implications
The CZ82s is more reliable than western pistols that cost thrice as much. Built like a tank, with a chrome lined fixed barrel.

I'd trust it with my life over your boutique 1911.

Also, condition 2 for life.
>>
That depends on the project I am working on.

Nice day at the range, one nice gun.

Going to need to do a couple New York reloads, three cheap ones. But even then, three good ones would be better.
>>
3 cheap guns. I don't think I'll ever spend 1 grand on a gun.
>>
>>29204535
i just ordered a Colt 1911 gold cup trophy.

Woo hoo! 1k and a 1911.

It's ok because i already a GCNM.

and 4 other colt 1911s to boot.
>>
>>29204822
My RIA 1911 might be ugly but it probably functions just as well as your colt memes.
>>
>>29204855
lol. I have a RIA. It is a POS. Jams up so bad it's a bitch to clear.

Do you have any colt's backing up your fantasy?
>>
One nice gun.

A .44 Dan Wesson or Korth with a barrel kit.

The longest barrel tapped for a scope.

That one gun can do everything from CC to hunting grizzlies and long range shooting.

After a considerable amount of learning, I came to the conclusion a big bore revolver with a strong frame and barrel kit is the ultimate all purpose firearm.
>>
>>29205107
Not the guy from before but I have a RIA and my father has a Colt and neither of us have ever had a problem with them jamming, and we go shooting together pretty often
>>
>>29203740
This.
>>
one nice pistol or 3 cheap pistols? one nice pistol.

once cheap shotgun, rifle and pistol or one nice gun? 3 cheap guns.
>>
>>29205133
idle hands
>>
>>29205133
and i just just replied to this post with a text message. your idea is pretty solid, i would probably do the same with a medusa though. maybe just an average k-frame
>>
if ive already got 1 nice gun ill take 3 more cheap guns
if im starting from 0 guns 1 nice thing
>>
>>29203690
Depends on your definition of cheap and nice. Would I rather have a scar17 or three guns of equal value? The three obviously because those would still be pretty nice. But if your talking a sig or three hipoints, I'd take the single.
>>
File: all_1_1000_edit.jpg (261KB, 1000x295px) Image search: [Google]
all_1_1000_edit.jpg
261KB, 1000x295px
Lets put some guns up against eachother. Would you rather have a Model 19-2 (pre-lock, p&r) [gun #1], S&W 5906 [#4], and a Sig P238 or a P226 Legion?

Model 19 $220
5906 $325
P238 $450
+tax & bg check $1080

P226 Legion $1180
>>
If the cheap guns are reliable and functional, I'll go with those
>>
File: Gorilla_Stare.jpg (58KB, 360x480px) Image search: [Google]
Gorilla_Stare.jpg
58KB, 360x480px
>>29203690
Wow, that is such a narrow minded loaded question!

I'm much too TOLERANT to take one side of that or the other!

I'd be fine with either one. I could be fine with having a gun in 5.7FN, with two swappable barrels and a detachable stock, and any size mags, or modern refined similar gun in .30 carbine, maybe with some reduced pressure rounds available, or even one in .45 or .40 super, if I could get large magazines for it. And I'd be fine with a makarov, a 22 magnum rifle (preferably with a 15+ round mag), and a 7.62mm rifle.

Those should be quite adequate answers of both sorts, I figure?
>>
>>29203690
Cheap guns can be nice.
>>
>>29203690
as I've gotten older, I realize that quality over quantity is more important.
>>
>>29203727
This.

I spent $1,500 on a hand-fit 1911. Beautiful fit and finish, incredibly accurate gun. But it was finicky as hell. Only liked Wilson Combat mags, didn't like a lot of ammo. Shot like a dream... when it didn't FTE or FTF. I read great reviews on it, too, even sent it back once to have it worked on. It was more accurate than I was, but that didn't matter, it turned out to be nothing but a range queen, and I didn't like that. That didn't fit the 1911 ethos, not in my mind.

Sold it, lost a little money on it, but turned around and had more than enough money to buy something else. I got a Ruger 1911, only because I know two other people that have them and I have shot their's and it just works and is accurate enough. Haven't looked back.

To OP's original question: yeah, I'll take ONE gun that fits MY definition of nice. All said and done though, I'd prefer you ask what one gun or what three I would buy with at least $3,700 since that seems to be what a NIB Cabot 1911 goes for.
>>
>>29203728
>>29206416
Why does it have to be a question of 1 or 3 pistols? That's suggested by the image, but never was clearly specified.

How about 3 cheap rifles versus one good one? so maybe, a .22 lr one, a .22 hornet one, and a chinese ak-74 versus whatever? I'm not sure if that's the best way to frame that, maybe a khyber pass AK would be more proper, but to some people that would be too much of a collectors item to throw in like that.
>>
>>29203690
I have a bunch of 300-600 guns that I would take over my 1200+ plus guns, especially 2 or three of them. Now, if you mean cheap guns in the 100-300 range I would take quality.
>>
File: The incomprable CZ75 short rail.jpg (109KB, 704x529px) Image search: [Google]
The incomprable CZ75 short rail.jpg
109KB, 704x529px
I will probably never find one, and it hurts.

>I'm not even a GSC fan
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.