[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this a good side arm for hog hunting? Like if I shoot all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (80KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80KB, 640x480px
Is this a good side arm for hog hunting? Like if I shoot all my bullets in the gun and can't reload quick enough, I can pull this out? Should I put 45lc in it or 410?
>>
>>29182428

I have hog hunted for many yrs....that there is just fucking retarded...You'd be better off with dogs and a spear over that pos.
>>
.45 Colt is fine on hogs.

Two shots to the chest should be lights out fairly quickly. Heart is low down and easy to hit.

Not to mention in the ear.
>>
>>29182461

you act like hogs are an easy target. They're fast as hell and with how they spook easily, you never get to close to them. You'll see a lot of ppl who are amazing at shooting, can mag dump at a hog and still miss. You clearly don't know what you're talking about, should fuck off faggot.
>>
>>29182486
I believe he is referring to when they are on the ground bleeding out.
>>
>>29182428
Why not just buy a Glock 20 and have 15 rounds of 10mm? Why would you take a 2 shot over that? If you are set on a 45/410 pistol why not the S&W governor?
>>
>>29182428
>Is this a good side arm for hog hunting?
Go Glock 20 or go home.
>>
>>29182428

Depends on the cost.

I clear out hogs for a farmer buddy of mine and I just carry my 686 with me but I've never actually had to use it.
>>
I once killed a hog with my 1911 (45 acp). I was working on the farm on a really cold morning and this old looking hog just kind of showed up near me. 1 shot to the lungs.
>>
>>29182486
you ever hunted pigs?

unless you got a great shot that collapsed him deer-style or blow his head to ribbons with an elephant caliber, they're often likely to scuttle around or drop and still be breathing. i always carry a .45 auto for kill shots for that very reason
>>
>>29182918
Would a .357 revolver and a Mosin M44 make a good hog hunting gun combo? I don't want to start a whole thread about it, but its more an item of curiosity for me at this rate. 7.62x54r is a really potent round, as is .357, and if shit really hits the fan that hard the M44 has a folding bayonet you can use to make a kebab out of the pig with. I'm just wondering if that's practical, or if its just wishful thinking.
>>
>>29182833
>>29182906
>10mm
If you're too pussy for .460 Rowland then I guess it's ok.
>>
>>29183065
How's that little man syndrome coming along?
>>
>>29182486

You'll note he said side arm rather than primary, so that means he's close if he ever needs to utilize said sidearm.

At sidearm range (less than 10 yards), he should be able to put two on the chest of a pig if it's still mobile. If disabled, he can dispatch it with a head shot.

I've killed more pigs than I can recall here in outback Oz.
>>
>>29183056

Both are more than fine
>>
>>29182428
.410 buck shot/slugs are underpowered for hog hunting out of a 16+inches barrel so imagine with a 1.5incher...

.410 handguns exists for a simple reason: being able to fire multiple pellets into a man without screwing a rifled barrel with ratshot.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.