[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was your favorite part of BCT? Pic related for me. It was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

What was your favorite part of BCT? Pic related for me. It was great to see all the gung-ho mesomorph brofags on their hands and knees crying with snot streaming out of their noses. Shit wasn't that bad, I could have gone back in for a second round.
>>
The day you shoot the M-2. If you don't have a freedom boner after shooting that, you're in the wrong profession.
>>
Went through The Rock with FDNY. It was our first day on fire side, and we all geared up not knowing what to expect. Instructors put us on air and put us in the burn building, they start a fire.

Tell us if anyone leaves they are done. They brought the temperature to just below flash over levels. Holy fuck that was hot.
>>
Honor Hill gentlemen. Hallowed ground.
>>
>>29142572
Drinking powerade from your dirty mud covered canteen cup while a quitter is throwing wooden pallets into the bonfire and an illiterate drill sergeant keeps fucking up the speech. Don't know how I kept myself from laughing.
>>
The day I left for AIT.

Followed closely by the day I got to set up and detonate a live claymore mine. I didn't hear anything the rest of that day, and I was wearing ear plugs.
>>
>>29142471
We had a fucking Petty Officer show everyone up by being immune to CS gas. Just stood around with no protective equipment yelling at everyone while a twerp who couldn't get his mask adjusted vomited everywhere and passed out.

We just did our drills and danced around the lifeless body until PO gave us permission to drag him out.
>>
>>29142622
>experiences may vary
My drills were motivational and eloquent as fuck. Got blood pinned, drank straight taka from a boot worn in the Vietnam war.
Mileage may vary.
>>
>>29142802
Taka?
>>
the graduation and flying back home after it
>>
>>29142506
>shooting an M2 in basic
Literally never did that once in basic or AIT.
>>
>>29143036

He must of been in Viet-fucking-nam man.
>>
>>29143164
>It ain't me starts playing
>>
>>29142471
My favorite part was leaving, slick.
>>
>>29142622
I was at the end of the line, so the basin was empty by the time I got to it.
>that feel when you thought it wasn't really ever there and everyone was just pretending to drink whatever Holy nectar it was supposed to be
>>
>>29143183
>>It ain't me starts playing
I love that b8
>>
>>29142471

>posts marines
>>
>>29143183
The whole war was fucking worth it for that god damn song.
>>
>>29143295
/thread
>>
>>29143444
>implying the excellent song by Clearwater Creedence Revival is bait
>>
>>29142845
Rubbing alcohol level vodka
>>
>>29142471
The day I graduated and drove the fuck home. I hated BCT. But then again, I wasn't a good soldier.
>>
19K here

>>29142506
Aside from M4's we only got to shoot M249s, would have shot M240s but Ft Benning had a shortage of ammo. Also got to shoot the 120mm Main Gun on the Abrams 4 times. But damn did I want to shoot the M2.

>>29142471
Gas chamber was retarded.

My favorite part about OSUT apart from leaving that damn place was realizing just how fucking easy it was. And how wrong my anti-army friends, or even /k/ was on several things. The army is a joke, its only hard if you make it hard.

>>29142870
>>29143295
>>29143538
/thread
>>
>>29143183
my favorite bob dylan song
>>
>>29142680

this never happened
>>
File: 1456170608581.png (236KB, 448x636px) Image search: [Google]
1456170608581.png
236KB, 448x636px
>>29142471
18X/11B here
I was the guy with the brilliant questions which would put smiles on my colleagues faces but frowns on our instructors.

For example, whenever we went to a range to be trained in a new weapon, I would always be the first to raise my arm with a question for the cadre in charge of that particular range.

>What is the muzzle velocity of this weapon?

Fully 85% of training cadre did not have the answer to this question, and I asked it about the following weapons:

>M4
>M249
>M240
>M203
>M72
>M47
>M9

The best one, however, was our landmine course.

>cadre telling class about different types of landmines:
>tripwire-activated
>plunger-activated
>pressure-plate-activated
>seizmically-activated
>accoustically activated
>....
>cadre instructing us on how to clear a minefield
>"when you find a mine, you yell 'MINE! MINE! MINE!'"
>my hand instantly shoots up
>instructor looks at me
>"sgt, what if it's an accoustically-detonated mine? if you yell, wouldn't that set it off?"
>instructor gives me this look
>"okay, so if any of you EXCEPT THIS GUY finds an accoustically-detonated mine, yell 'MINE! MINE! MINE!'; *YOU*, however, will WHISPER 'mine! mine! mine!'"

We still laugh about that day.
>>
>>29146198
>18X/11B here
Soooooo, you washed out of selection?
>>
>>29143628

I thought the fortunate sons wrote it ain't me?
>>
File: Cab Operator.jpg (32KB, 694x400px) Image search: [Google]
Cab Operator.jpg
32KB, 694x400px
>>29142622
1/50?
>>
>>29142471
About a month in, when a buddy and I got yanked out of training by a Drill Sergeant who was angry in the usual fashion. We were told we had to go do an evaluation for our EOD pipeline and to sit down and shut up. We got driven over to the EOD unit on post and dumped there.

EOD Sergeant comes out to meet up and we're at parade rest and in BCT trainee mode. Except this guy isn't a TRADOC Sergeant and isn't paid to act like a dick to us. He says the people needed to do the eval are out for a while, so he invites us to come into a room with a fridge full of soda and a TV. We think it's a trick at first, but eventually settle down to watch TV and drink some free sodas while we BS with the guy.

Eventually we do our eval (which was actually pretty grueling), but once it's over and our paperwork is signed, the EOD guys tell us they are in no rush to kick us out. One of their guys goes and gets Burger King food for everybody including us, and we chow down, and are only returned to BCT in the late evening.

All the other trainees ask where we've been all day. From the look on the Drill Sergeants that pulled us out of normal training, everybody thought we were getting kicked out, or getting our asses beat or something.

Nobody believed we spent most of the day chilling in front of a TV and drinking Mountain Dew.
>>
File: 1453615980900.jpg (141KB, 600x862px) Image search: [Google]
1453615980900.jpg
141KB, 600x862px
>>29146198
I kinda hate the fact that army losers get to have a good time in basic and AIT and all that other shit you do, all the while being supported by a barrage of "mess with the best, die like the rest, Army cooks HURRR! HOAAH" and "Keep calm and thank me, im a SOLDIER HOOAH" Tshirts the local malls and PX's sell. i'm looking at you you stupid fucking Fort Lee retards, dont come to Richmond btw everyone hates the military and will gladly attack you, its like a real life /k/
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.