[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your thoughts on alcohol in conjunction with firearms?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 5

File: BATF1.jpg (631KB, 1470x1231px) Image search: [Google]
BATF1.jpg
631KB, 1470x1231px
More specifically, being under the influence while using handguns, rifles, etc.
>>
>>28690605
Don't get shitfaced and play with guns.

You increase your chances of shooting yourself or someone else when you do.

A beer or two I think is acceptable, provided you don't over do it. And drinking/cleaning your guns goes hand in hand.

Tl;Dr know your limits and don't be retarded.
>>
>what are your thoughts on handling tools that have lethal effect on people when you are losing control of your mind and body
>>
>>28690605
>Marlboro reds
Ma nigga. But seriously don't operate a weapon while under the influence. You may end up shooting your neighbors child's room on New Years
>>
>>28690714
That wouldn't be a personal life lesson, would it anon?
>>
File: 2016-01-25 05.15.52 1_resized.jpg (671KB, 2656x1494px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-25 05.15.52 1_resized.jpg
671KB, 2656x1494px
>>28690605
I save the alcohol for when I'm done shooting personally.
>>
Drink while cleaning and not while shooting.

If I'm out at my shooting spot and niggers are drinking I'll go somewhere else. Also I don't let my friends drink when we go. My guns, my rules fagets.
>>
OP here. I pretty much agree with the general consensus. How do I explain to a friend that his drunken gun behavior is unnecessary. He likes to play with them while loaded, the gun as well as himself.
>>
>>28690605
Dont mix alcoho and guns ever. I like both but I never mix and I personally got a 0 tolerance policy for everyone around me.
>>
>>28691157
Nothing you will say will change his mind. Your best course of action is to address it to his friends, and family and tell them to stay away and be cautious when he is drinking around firearms.

As for yourself, your best bet is to not be around him when he is drinking and around firearms either.

I've faced a similar issue with a few of my friends that own guns and smoke weed. I don't smoke weed, but I also don't have a problem with others who do. That said, being around guns and people who are high, especially when they're getting ripped off of wax, makes me uncomfortable.

Not to mention it's obnoxious when you want to do anything like go browse the gun store or go shoot and they feel like they need to drink or get high first.
>>
>>28691157
Cut ties immediately.

Tell him to change his ways or you're never talking to him again.
>>
>>28691191
That doesn't get an addict to change, but it does get OP away from a dangerous situation.
>>
https://youtu.be/FNEImAIM4L4
>>
>quit smoking 7 years ago
>still have the urge to smoke when I walk past smokers on the street
>>
A weak beer or two when out with the guys at the range all day isn't too bad, but beyond that, no way.

My rule is pretty much that if I can actually feel the effects of alcohol, I'm too drunk to shoot.
>>
File: 0126161222-1.jpg (832KB, 2054x2434px) Image search: [Google]
0126161222-1.jpg
832KB, 2054x2434px
I occasionally partake in recreational drugs and regularly drink alcohol as I work in the bar industry.
Coming into contact with both of those things is inevitable.
I have strict rules that I follow though when I do both:
>carry gun stays home if ANY chance I'll drink or smoke when I'm out
>guns can be handled/cleaned/inspected if I'm drinking or smoking at home alone or with my roommate
>if any one aside from myself or my roommate is in our house, they may see a weapon only after I clear it myself and hand it to them
>never hunt or shoot while under the influence simply because the wrong cop could really drill me if I were caught

Those are my personal policies
>>
if you can function when drunk or know how much you can drink before you go into the "bad decisions" phase, then whatever.

If you can't handle alcohol or usually always end a drinking session with you having done stupid shit or black out, then fuck off no.
>>
>>28690605
is that an argie hi power on top?
>>
>>28691400
>I occasionally partake in recreational drugs and regularly drink alcohol as I work in the bar industry.
>work behind the bar
>drinking
isn't this pretty much a given? Outside of anal bosses or people who have some sort of principle telling them not to?
I mean, it's not drink till you're fucked, you guys need to close the bar down and get the fuck out of there, but pretty sure many bartenders can handle a good amount of drink.
>>
I sometimes drink until I'm seeing double and then shoot at cans in the backyard. I keep hoping someday I'll kill myself doing this.
>>
>>28691255
What the actual fuck
how did he own that shit?
>>
Don't be conpletely shithoused and you should be fine.

>t. Someone who has not only drunkenly cleaned his weapons, but drunkenly shot guns too. At night. Full auto.
>>
>>28691449
Security staff can't drink at all until the shift is over but bartenders and barbacks can pretty much do what they want as long as they're able to work.
>tfw you don't know it but every drink you've gotten at a real bar was made by someone who was piss drunk, high on opiates, just did a bump or was popping xanax and adderall from a tic-tac box
>>
I don't trust myself to not make terrible decisions or screw something up when I'm sober. The thought of altering my state of consciousness and the sheer number of things I could screw up, especially with a gun, genuinely scares me.
>>
How do you guys feel about carrying (guns or knives) while out drinking?
I'm in college and I usually carry a 5" folder when I'm out drinking, but one of my friends says she doesn't think I should. I have a background in martial arts, and feel good about retention and not flipping my shit over something small even when I'm drunk.
>>
>>28690605
Having a couple PBR's during a shooting session is no big deal if I'm with my usual shooting crew, they're all experienced shooters with excellent safety practices. Around first time shooters or people I know to be idiots? No way, I'm stone sober and on guard.
>>
>>28692572
That's a shit idea. Why would you want to impair your judgement when shooting someone is the most consequential decision you'll ever make?
>>
>>28692703
Just said I dont cc a fun when I drink. I would never do that, that would be a shitty idea. Just talking about knives here.
>>
>>28690605
Considering I'm a Christian and believe the "dont get drunk off of wine" thing, I only once have gotten drunk. And that was waayyy back in the day, like as a freshman in highschool way back.

Having a beer or a glass of brandy here and there isn't a bad idea, actually. It helps clean out your liver and intestines, unless to much has been drank. So to say that me firing guns while drinking is a bad thing, I never have more than one or 2 deinks in a week. Literally couldn't get drunk off that.

tl;dr >I barely have enough to put me at 0.2, I'm fine with alcohol and guns at the same time
>>
I think bars and the like are legitimately the only establishments where firearms should absolutely be not allowed.

If you do stupid shit on your land, tho, it's your fucking problem
>>
>>28691291
I smoked once, and it made me feel horrible. I couldn't do my PT test well the next morning, and I could barely breath after words.

But everytime I walk past someone with a cigar,It makes me want another.

I know how you feel, bother
>>
>>28692795
are you really christian? i would like to be your friend.
>>
My thoughts on the matter are mixed. On one hand they both give me something I need. Guns give me a bit of joy and alcohol keeps me numb when I feel shitty.

Then again I am an alcoholic. I've almost died on alcohol related causes seven times. One of those was a sorta kinda suicide attemp. I laid on a bed staring at the ceiling, drinking with a loaded revolver in my hand. I never actually pressed the gun under my chin but the thought crossed my mind a lot. I was pretty glad when I woke up and noticed I was still alive. The best hangover of my life.
>>
this thread is sensible as fuck.
>>
>>28692895
Why did you try to kill yourself?
>>
>>28693059
After I got back from Afghanistan I finally decided to get rid of my virginity. I called a hooker and set a meet. She was cute as fuck and really nice but I couldn't bring myself to do it with her so we just cooked and watched a movie. After she left I took out the bottle, loaded the gun and laid on the bed drinking until I passed out.
>>
>>28693142

Heh, fellow milfag here. I wanted to get rid of it the same way and eventually I probably will, but at this point I don't really feel I need it for anything and the money is better spent elsewhere. It just sucks to have to pretend to ever have been laid / in a relationship when you're together with other guys.
>>
>>28691157
When you first encountered this situation, how did you react? If you didn't point it out to him then and there, he probably thought you were on board with him.
>>
>>28692572
>but one of my friends says she doesn't think I should
This is the type of person that will rat you out at the first possible convenience. Tread carefully.
>>
Go big or go home
>>
Shoot.
Clean.
Drink.
That order. I pay attention and stay safe while sober, don't entertain the idea of trying to do the same. If it's a beer or a glass of wine with dinner and then later okay, fine. But any more and it invites trouble. Think of all the boneheaded shit you hear about stone cold sober, then add booze? Fuuuuck that.
>>
>>28693358
I had a good talk with her. We're both from the East Coast so she at least understands the need/habit of carrying a weapon. She's not the type to snitch; we're too close for that. But I appreciate the advice, anon. Thanks for looking out for another /k/ommando
>>
>>28693142
>so we just cooked and watched a movie
What movie, anon? And how did she feel about the whole situation? Just curious.

I'd like to say that even though you seem like an autist, you're a good man in my book.
>>
>>28693261
Yeah. It wasn't even *that* bad in the military because there weren't much girls around and guys didn't give me much shit because I did my work and then some.

It was a lot harder in the police academy once I got used to the civilian life. You see girls on the street and the civilian bro code demands that any 20yo+ virgins are roasted. It even carried into the job.

It feels pretty bad when you have to lie about this stuff.
>>
>>28693388
Rock on bruddaman, you did good. Maybe one day you'll defend her and then she'll truly understand. And then you'll bone.
>>
>>28693394
I am actually not an autist. I just have severe fear of taking things further. I have never even kissed and I'm 29. It is pretty much the only thing I'm afraid of, which is kinda fucked up.

We watched Ice Age because I happened to have the DVD. I was going to give it to my niece as a birthday present but I kind of fucked that too. Anyways when I confessed to the hooker what a loser I am she seemed empathetic. But I couldn't do it. I have never been so afraid. So she put her shirt back on and hugged me. I asked her if she was hungry and we cooked some macaroni and cheese. Then we ate and watched the movie.

She said she didn't want my money because after all we didn't have sex and she considered it like a day off. A really nice girl, she was 20yo or so. After the movie we chatted for a while, she hugged me and wished me the best of luck for my future endeavours. She actually gave me some advice on dating and girls and we even kind of rehearsed a few "scenarios" like a date etc. Her idea btw. Anyways then she left and I started drinking.
>>
>>28693506
That's actually very touching. I genuinely hope and pray you both find a soul mate.
>>
>>28691157
Its not cool.

A friend of mine dry-fired a rifle at me while drunk. Its not something I appreciate.
>>
>>28693506
I'm sure your niece appreciated you sharing her birthday present with a prostitute.
>>
>>28691463
None of it was illegal.

MG's are only so expensive now because they closed the registry in 86. HST probably bought them before then. Back before 86, FA guns required the same paperwork as SBR's or silencers. $200 fee and a couple months wait and you've got your machine gun.
>>
>>28693706
I never gave it to her. Never even met her.

She is my only living relative and I wanted to surprise her. She lives in a foster home so I thought I'd pop by her school. Saw her on the school yard(she didn't recognize me) but then I started thinking if it was a good idea. I could bring up some bad memories unintentionally (my sister, her mom, killed herself). Then a teacher came up to me and told me to fuck off. In retrospect I must've come off like a creep, watching elementary school girls on a school yard.

I think it is best that my niece never meets me or learns of my existance. I wouldn't be a good uncle and she is in a good home now (I've done some checking).

This is why I drink.
>>
>>28693636
Yea friend did that to me to.
I stomped his nose out the back of his head
>>
File: 1453614588665.jpg (63KB, 717x837px) Image search: [Google]
1453614588665.jpg
63KB, 717x837px
>>28693506
Wew lad. Sweet story, but what you're saying is kissing a girl is scarier than Afghanistan?
>>
>>28693412
Hey anon, are you even into girls? And I don't mean to ask that that in a homo bait context, but do you want a girlfriend/wife? Because some guys just have low testosterone or for whatever reason don't have the desire to into relationships.
>>
>>28693506
Do...do you still have her number?
>>
>>28694032
Basically yes. I'd rather dive through the window of a penthouse than try anything like that. I know it sounds weird but I can't help it.

I don't know why I'm like this. I just start thinking about all the what-ifs and I feel really vurneable and helpless even thinking about kissing/having sex etc.
I am no psychiatrist but I think my childhood had something to do with this. Mom used to abuse and beat me and my sister when we were kids. That coupled with no experience and lack of some important social skills and you've got a winner.

>>28694083
Yes, I am heterosexual and I would like to have a wife and a family. But that is out of the question, so I drink and get high on adrenaline by doing stupid stuff.

>>28694114
No. That happened like 8 or so years ago.
>>
>>28690605

It's stupid and shouldn't be done.
>>
>>28690766
Not me but I remember a little while back some anon posted on how to save his gun license after he did that and everyone was calling him a retard and how he doesn't deserve to have guns and what if the kid was in the room and shit like that
>>
>>28691157
Go shooting with him while he's sober. This is important to get his fingerprints all over his ammo and GSR on his hands.

Drink with him until he gets sleepy.

Shoot him in the fucking head with his own gun and make it look like suicide.

If your fuckwit friend is going to kill someone, it should be himself.
>>
>>28690605
Well, if your ever in French Algiers and have had to deal with your mother dying, becoming friends with a gang member who has an altercation with an Arab ex girlfriends brother, gotten dehydrated by drinking several bottles of wine and go for a walk on the beach on a hot day with the sun going down glaring red light into your eyes as a drop of sweat stings your eyes and you happen to have a revolver in your hand...then yes, alcohol, not crying at your mothers funeral and shooting the Arab's body after you've killed him in self defense will get you convicted of murder and publicly hung.
>>
>>28691450
Well now...
>>
>>28690605
Never drink and shoot. My grandpa had a zero tolerance policy about it and got a Merc contract through the Cia cause of it
>>
>>28690605
i got shitfaced and was actually safer with a loaded handgun than i am sober

>be drunk as fuck
>walk into my friends bedroom
>glock 17 on the nightstand
>point it at the ground
>take out the magazine
>rack slide
>round ejects
>visually and physically inspected the chamber
>disassembled it and cleaned it whilst drunk as fuck
>my friend paid me 60 bucks in a drunken stupor for cleaning his gun, which was absolutely disgusting
>he takes out his sks
>we talk about world war 2 and stopgap rifles like the sks and m14
>talk about ammunition

man guns are cool
>>
While I have a fondness for both alcohol and firearms... I never mix them. Very bad idea.
>>
File: forgotten-weapons-indiegogo.jpg (116KB, 660x600px) Image search: [Google]
forgotten-weapons-indiegogo.jpg
116KB, 660x600px
>>28691157

if youre sober and hes drunk, wait till he goes to the bathroom or something and take the rounds out of the magazine and chamber so he can play with it all he wants and hell be too drunk to notice theres no ammunition

otherwise you need to leave immediately
>>
>>28691450

operator as fuck
>>
>>28692572

if im carrying a knife ill forget about it and drink to my hearts conent

if im carrying a gun ill drink water or a soda
>>
>>28690605
depends on your personality. if you are reckless and irresponsible or already stupid low IQ without alcohol, you'll be 1000% worse. if you're smart, collected, cautious and responsible, drinking a self moderated amount of alcohol is not going to make you a retard. if you're the kind of idiot who cant recognize when your impairment is going to cause a safety issue then you don't really belong around firearms when under the influence .

this is literally the same argument for driving after drinking. plenty of people can do it just fine , some can't realize when they are too impaired to drive and ruin it for everyone else by causing stupid laws to get passed
>>
>>28692795
.2 BAC is blackout level, you must be like 80 pounds if you get that drunk from a couple of drinks
>>
OP again, great discussion thus far. Definitely agree with being sober whilst out shooting at the range.Basically this issue has come up within the last few weeks of hanging with said friend. I don't mind getting wasted and pulling out the guns without the magazines and just holding/aiming. But friend in question has a bad habit of absolutely needing the mag loaded and one in the chamber. Left his house almost immediately each time it happened. Personally, I just don't understand the need or desire to have one in the chamber in a situation like that. He's still my homie though, definitely going to have to straighten things out about that.
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.