[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 5

File: 1452128134456.jpg (874KB, 3216x2136px) Image search: [Google]
1452128134456.jpg
874KB, 3216x2136px
Why
>>
>>28454825
you wouldn't understand, you're not tacticool
>>
Swag.
>>
>>28454825
They're comfy. And if the mission doesn't require some super-spec operator boots, then why bother?
>>
Converse is the perfect urban and boat footwear.
> Cheap as hell
> Matted and rubber sole gives fantastic grip on wood, tile, metal, etc.
> Hightops have good ankle support if laced right
> Can also serve as basketball shoes if you like to break ankle on the court
Prove me wrong.
>>
>>28454825
Greyman. Obvs.
>>
>>28454825
Why is the "operator" boat painted white with a cargo container on it?
Why does the cargo container have a side door?
Why does the cargo container side door have that type of latch on the outside?
>>
I remember when I worked at Taco Bell customers thought converses were part of the uniform lol because everyone wore them.

That said, I think they are kinda shit shoes... maybe I was too rough on them. I'm still fond of converses.
>>
>>28454825
Because this dude gonna break ankle on the court after the mission.
>>
>>28454825
That's just how SEALs do it.

Although desu those LALO boots basically seem like the most all around OPERATOR boot for NSW needs now, save for arctic warfare I guess.
>All the benefits of a dive booty so you don't lose your fins for OTB without being a dive booty
>Fill the needs of a outdoor/hiking/combat boot
>Fast roping plus on top of that
Price is pretty high, but the SEAL motivator I talked to in HS said he had 4 pairs of boots plus a back up pair for each pair and the LALOs seem to hit each point he had for needing a separate boot.
>>
>drains water easily
>lightweight
>flat rubber sole grips well on wet cargo ship surfaces
>comfy
once again OP is a giant faggot
>>
File: boat shoe.jpg (792KB, 1421x1050px) Image search: [Google]
boat shoe.jpg
792KB, 1421x1050px
>>28454825

looks like he's wearing skate shoes more than converse. Anyway, he's on a ship. on a ship, you wear shoes that are different than shoes you would wear innawoods. You are on a bunch of flat, hard wet surfaces. Flat, rubber soled shoes are better than something with a bunch of lugs on them. This is why boat shoes have soles that are just slabs of siped rubber. He can also probably kick them off easier if he falls in the water.
>>
>>28454954

Converses are shit. No arch support, floppy canvas is poverty-tier. I don't know why they ever came back into style.
>>
>>28455137
>kick shoes off if he falls in the water
Why would he do that?
>>
>>28455151
I buy the 20 dollar ones from Target and put the stock arch insert from my running shoes in em. (Buy aftermarket insert for running shoes where it really matters) Works pretty well
>>
>>28455157
To deploy his evolutionary based swim capable feet
>>
>>28455157
Swimming with shoes sucks
>>
>>28455157

Have you ever swam with shoes on? It's easier to tread water and swim barefoot.
>>
>>28455157
>Shoes are heavy
>your bare foot is adapted for swimming
>>
>>28455205
>>28455198
Really? What's he going to swim after? The ship or the zodiacs traveling at 20 knots in chop?
You're not going to get rid of your shoes because you fall into the drink.
Maritime issued plates and vests are neutral/+ buoyancy, they'd just tread water until their spotter craft rounds them up, that's what it's there for.
>>
>>28454825
>>28455157
Oh so you've never actually worked around water, but yet you question those who do?
>>
File: chucks.jpg (42KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
chucks.jpg
42KB, 640x480px
>>28455205
This

Who would jump into the water with regular fucking boots on?
>>
better question: Why isn't the stand off on the ladder bigger so you can get more the the tips of your toes on the bottom rungs?
>>
>>28455205
>>28455219
>>28455225
>Operatin inna harbor
>kick off shoes
>get to step on hypodermic needles industrial solvents and other good shit underwater
>>
>>28454852
>>28455081
How flat are your feet?
>>
>>28455267
better than drowning.
>>
>>28455267
If he's close enough to step on the ground he won't need to take of his shoes dumbass.
>>
>>28455280
>I'd better kick off these heavy ass converse that are drowning me.
Well maybe your skinny ass...
>>
>>28454911
> what are blank-tipped firearms
It's a training boat, numbnuts.
>>
>>28455313
what part of you swim better without shoes is hard to understand.
tack on a extra 20-30 pounds of gear and try it.
>>
>>28455256
>>28455267

Most shoes float, at least initially. You can do this real neat thing where you grab the shoes after you kick them off and put them back on later. It is actually easier to tread water barefoot with shoes on your hands than with the shoes still on your feet, because your feet do most of the work keeping you afloat. If you had ever actually been near a larger body of water than a toilet bowl, you'd already know this.

>Landlubbers
>>
>>28455311
That's what I was saying, monkey phonics
>>
>>28454825
>Why
Recon dude I know said they work great with flippers, though I don't know why you'd need them as part of a boarding party.
>>
>>28455313

You ever been in the water with any gear on? It's fucking horrifying.

So god help me if I ever fell in with boots on
>>
>spetsnaz wear adidas in the 90's
>LOL RUSSIA IS POOR! SPETSNAZ SUCKS! RUSSIAN BOOTS ARE A PIECE OF SHIT

>American SF using civie shoes
>It's for comfort
>>
>>28455339
>>28455354
Its not that big a deal. Gear has some natural buoyancy, and if someone's sole purpose is to be athletic in the water, it wouldnt be that hard to stay afloat. What do they do after, when their running shoeless on land? Thats goofy as fuck I cant believe you people are seriously considering this
>>
>>28455433

Fuck off retard

You've clearly never been in water before, least at all with gear on. Tell you what, put an overall and boots on and I'll chuck you in ice cold water that will put you into shock.

And we'll see how long you last
>>
Well I don't know about VBSS, but Reconnaissance Marines use them because you can wear them under normal fins, and you really don't need much to cover your feet and walk around on a ship.
>>
>not wanting to operate comfortably
I bet you they'd operate in flip-flops if they could
>>
>>28455472
Ive done exacly that, many times with a loaded up backpacking sack and hiking boots in glacier water. Sometimes in rapids. Not everyone is a physically incapable neet like you
>>
>>28454977
I just don't like the colors. I wish they made a coyote or a dark green boot seriously.

I just have my doubts they are as good as a MOAB Ventilator for hiking and a pair of chucks for diving. Fast Roping just tears up any boots with attached or welted soles, so whatever's cheapest works
>>
>>28455499
>>28455472
Do tell where your nautical expertise originates, Mr. Watersports
>>
>>28455472
He's not entirely wrong, the swim-qual instructor course for the muhreens includes treading water with gear, quite a bit.

It sucks, but is doable, especially for dudes who constantly train for it.

Alternatively, you're also taught to strip gear in the lower levels of qual, so you don't fucking drown when you actually do end up in a situation like that.
>>
>>28454825
Where do I get Desert MARPAT crye pants??
Want.
>>
>>28455577

Ballard, Washington.
>>
>>28455272
not him but I actually have really flat feet and only find flat sole shoes comfortable, even for running.
>>
>>28455536

You realise that expecting and not expecting are two, very different things right?

There's a reason why you aren't allowed to keep your fucking hands in your pockets in practically every navy that exists. You know why? Because you'll been in shock and won't be able to get your hands out of your pockets.

And are you physically swimming or just wading?

>>28455577
+20 years inshore water

>>28455593

I haven't said it isn't impossible, I've done it myself (not the marine course but in general) but he's claiming it isn't a big deal but it can be if your totally unprepared for it.
>>
>>28454853
they also fall apart in half a year of even close to daily use
>>
>>28455602
google them.
>>
>>28455632
>seals
>worrying about gear lifespan
>implying he wears them daily

protip: not everyone is as poorfag as you
>>
>>28455602
They don't exist retard, those are AOR1

They cost over six hundred dollars by the way
>>
>>28455626
>he's claiming it isn't a big deal
He said
>and if someone's sole purpose is to be athletic in the water, it wouldn't be that hard to stay afloat.

You guys are saying the same thing, just in a different manor.

>it can be if your totally unprepared for it
I don't think anybody with half a brain would argue any different, which is why they train for those exact instances.
>>
>>28455707

But that's what he is arguing, hence why he talked about him moving across glacier water with his backpack.
>>
>>28455626
>>28455741
>>28455626
Yes I do realise. Carrying kick-off shoes incase of overboard and expecting to ford a river are both expecting. And most times it's physically swimming, not wading. I imagine a gun and ammo would make a difference, but training and steroids do too.
>>
>>28455775

Ah, sorry if I was jumping the gun then.

And yeah they do but you never know about the water man, shits deadly.
>>
>>28455809
All good man. Sorry's over here too. Too right about the water, My merchant mariner buddies all have some fucked up stories
>>
>>28455850

Yeah, people love to forget sometimes that they aren't superman and get their arms crusted or hands burnt, such in the life I suppose.
>>
>>28455332
>blank-tipped
Faggot
>>
>>28455691
>government pays 600 bucks for a pair of pants
>>
>>28455616
This. I like New Balances because they hold up.
>>
>>28455632
Mine were NIB, $35 shipped from eBay.

I'm sure Navy SEALS can spend $35 on a pair of beater shoes every now and again.
>>
>>28455602

You can probably get Emerson knock-offs
>>
>>28454825
he is going to a party
>>
File: 13594725.jpg (188KB, 1300x832px) Image search: [Google]
13594725.jpg
188KB, 1300x832px
>>28454825
Why?
>>
>>28454825
Secretary of the Navy Ray Mabus recently sent a memo to Marine Commandant Gen. Robert Neller directing him to review the Marine Corp’s position titles to ensure their gender neutrality.
Mabus told Neller to drop the term “man” from position titles so that they become gender integrated by the deadline of April 1, according to the Marine Corps Times.

“As we achieve full integration of the force … this is an opportunity to update the position titles and descriptions themselves to demonstrate through this language that women are included in these MOSs,” Mabus wrote in the Jan. 1 memo. “Please review the position titles throughout the Marine Corps and ensure that they are gender-integrated as well, removing ‘man’ from the titles and provide a report to me as soon as is practicable and no later than April 1, 2016.”
But Navy official who spoke anonymously the the Marine Corps Times claimed that Mabus does not want position titles like “infantryman” and “rifleman” to be altered but instead intends to change titles where “man” exists as a separate word.
>>
>>28454853
>good ankle support

i think you are unfamiliar with the term...
>>
I've seen kinesiology researchers say that we have been designing shoes wrong from the beginning, the human body is designed to walk toe-to-heel; it's much quieter, more efficient and transfers far less shock to the joints.

And Converse have totally flat soles, do they not? Could be the reason they are great for sneaking.
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.